• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    edited March 29
    Options
    Slimmer sixties

Pw 187.2
    Cw 182.0

Lost the 5.2lb i put on last week.
    Unbelievable that increasing my carbs and having a few treats led to a 12lb overall gain in 8 days! I felt like a balloon filled with water!! All gone now.
    Hoping to get under 180lb by my birthday in 3 weeks time!

Great loss! I have big gains on the scale but not quite as much as you. I am starting to wonder if carbs are part of the culprit. I do bloat lots from my stomach problems also which again could be a carb problem. I had gas so bad on Wednesday I couldn’t go to cards. Thursday, poof, my weight is down almost 4 pounds. 😂
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 409.6
    CW - 406.6

I got my "1 year anniversary" badge on MFP today.. so I guess I've been on the app officially 1 year. Crazy. I fumbled around for a few days then jumped into this group last April and it was exactly what I needed. April is comin and I will likely be around 225 down in that year. Wild.

Well, my scale blessed me with easy math again this week. Down exactly 3 lbs. Lets gooooooooooooo!

Much love yall <3

What a great anniversary present, weight loss! I am sure you are seeing lots of “gifts” from a 225 pound loss. My joint of F2F went something like your story. I give thanks everyday to @mari_moulin for starting the group, the leadership of the group and all my fellow teammates.
    ejnxyz wrote: »
    Question:

Many of us celebrate Easter this weekend. Of course this means chocolate and eating Easter dinner. Have you made plans on how to handle your Easter? Share your plan with the team.

On Holiday's, my goal it to eat just like always. Avoiding salty stuff, booze, candy, breads, heavy sauces and keeping portions within my normal calorie count. My family and friends are used to the "I'm close to my calorie limit" line, which gets me off the hook from the family guilt to pig out or try everything. Personally I just don't want to eat like that anymore. My weakness is excellent hand crafted martinis. . . .fortunately they can fit into my cal limit ;D

Side note: I've told everyone since I'm unable to exercise like I normally do, I'm sticking hard to my calorie number. It's garnered me their support.

I think a plan is great as long as it works for you. Are you able to swim with your injury?
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Mar 29, 2024)
    PW: 241.5
    CW: 241.1

It's been 2 weeks since I was out of town last week on vacation (we had a nice relaxing time in FL for sun, surf and baseball). A great week filled with family, good food (reasonably healthy), nice long walks and all but one day of good weather. I got a little more sun than I wanted and the flight back was tiresome (we didn't get home until 3:30 am) but all in all, a great time. The return's been a little stressful with work but the bills still need to get paid so it's just part of the deal. I dropped into the high 230's earlier in the week so I'm trying to get back there in April.

Jim, pulling a loss off on vacation is hard so you did amazing. Sounds like you had a great vacation.
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    Question:

Many of us celebrate Easter this weekend. Of course this means chocolate and eating Easter dinner. Have you made plans on how to handle your Easter? Share your plan with the team.

We won't be celebrating this weekend - the "kids" (my daughter and my nephew) can't make it this weekend - so will do it next weekend. I am hosting, so have been planning my menu and will incorporate some "lighter" options. I am one that believes that time with family is too precious to waste, so will partake in the fun and then just get back at it the day after. I know that I will have an uptick in the weight, but with dedication and effort it will go away and I'll be back on track. But given that, I also know that I don't need to overfill my plate, and I only need one glass of wine. So that's my plan.

My plan is very similar to yours. We sort of are celebrating this weekend. My daughter is working all of Easter. We were lucky that she had Christmas off as a new nurse. Today is our fish and chips day. It’s been a family tradition for a long while. There will be less of us there but we will bring some back for my daughter, son in law and son to have after work. Air fryer should heat it up nicely. We are heading away for the night. I will probably have a drink or two. There is a bar with a nice few of the Detroit skyline which I think is so pretty at night. My husband promised we will pop in for a drink. Sunday I will cook a jiggs dinner but no guests except my daughter’s boyfriend. Look out water weight. I have decided not to track today until Sunday. I plan to be very aware of what put in mouth. Then back to logging on Monday. I am getting very strict on my logging. No more putting something in my mouth before I track it. I know we both can work hard to get rid of any weight that may show up on the scale. Your dedication will help you and you can kick me in the butt if I don’t comply.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options

Steps: 4,443
    Exercises: 3/5
    Rings: ✔️
    Badge: 4/5

I ended March with a .2 loss. I try to maintain and I lose. I try to lose and I maintain. I have to figure this out. Is my body trying to tell me to stop at 148? I know my logging hasn’t been accurate. Also, this is the first full month since my granddaughter moved in. Are those extra snacks in the apartment getting in my way? I am getting nervous I am eating and forgetting I ate. Oh boy!

Have a great Friday!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 230.2
    CW: 230.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ...Thank you for all the well wishes ...I am in a lot of pain but I am managing
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 218.4
    CW: 218.4

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

3/24 7,052 ST = 0
    3/25 8,054 ST = 20
    3/26 7,004 ST = 20
    3/27 1,589 ST = 0 ~ Sick
    3/28 2,482 ST = 0
    3/29
    3/30
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Liketoyak
    Friday weigh in
    PW-290.8
    CW-289.0

Happy Easter All!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    The April team chat is open! Please continue weigh-ins and other stats here through the end of Saturday. Go to the new month for (re)introductions and to set goals, commitments, and things you want to try:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912622/downsizers-team-chat-april-2024/p1?new=1
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Belated Thursday Check-in
    PW: 320
    CW: 323
    NSV: Walked the path through the local Ikea store yesterday, taking a seat as often as needed. I was winded, but not in massive pain when we got back to the car. I had put off going there for quite a while (over a year) & am glad I got through that mental block.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @aneedlecraft That’s a cool NSV!!! Thanks for sharing it!
  • RoblinB
    Options
    @liketoyak New decade! That is great! Happy Easter to you, too!

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hope you re recovering OK and this will be the last surgery!

Steps early this week!

Sun 24 10,598
    Mon 25 16,553
    Tue 26 10,514
    Wed 27 10,679
    Thur 28 11,512
    Fri 29 1,618

Gutted that my 10 day streak of over 10k steps a day has been broken by torrential non stop rain :(
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wow! Two pounds is a great weight loss. Do you think the 75 day challenge is helping?

@lindamtuck2018

PW 176.8
    CW 174.6

It’s helping me stay focused on areas I’ve been gradually straying. 90 minutes of intentional exercise and limiting processed foods have been the hardest but also what’s helping. I had to get out of the mindset that intentional doesn’t mean intense and stretches and resistance training is considered intentional. Also had to get real with food choices and portions. Mostly from leftover holiday stuff that was still in the house. Now aiming for all new groceries to be 90% whole and any processed items to have minimal ingredients. Long term the 90 minutes of exercise is not sustainable with my current schedule though. On Thursday I pulled a 12 hour shift so by the time I got home and had dinner it was almost 11 by the time I finished exercising. The only reason I pushed was because I had Friday off. So I still need to work on finding the right balance.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,158 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 153.4
    CW: 152.6
  • RoblinB
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 (for the last time!)
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 151.9
    CW 152.8

I am still at my mom’s for the most part although did have the unexpected opportunity to sleep in my own bed last night and thus access to my scale this morning. I expected this to be SO much worse as pretty much nothing has been in routine or at home for the last week and half. Hopefully back to normal next week and with some WAY better weather in the forecast can start making some serious headway in April!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties

Pw 187.2
    Cw 182.0

Lost the 5.2lb i put on last week.
    Unbelievable that increasing my carbs and having a few treats led to a 12lb overall gain in 8 days! I felt like a balloon filled with water!! All gone now.
    Hoping to get under 180lb by my birthday in 3 weeks time!

Wow! Nice work my friend!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Mar 29, 2024)
    PW: 241.5
    CW: 241.1

It's been 2 weeks since I was out of town last week on vacation (we had a nice relaxing time in FL for sun, surf and baseball). A great week filled with family, good food (reasonably healthy), nice long walks and all but one day of good weather. I got a little more sun than I wanted and the flight back was tiresome (we didn't get home until 3:30 am) but all in all, a great time. The return's been a little stressful with work but the bills still need to get paid so it's just part of the deal. I dropped into the high 230's earlier in the week so I'm trying to get back there in April.

You got this! Way to grab the loss
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 218.4
    CW: 218.4

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

3/24 7,052 ST = 0
    3/25 8,054 ST = 20
    3/26 7,004 ST = 20
    3/27 1,589 ST = 0 ~ Sick
    3/28 2,482 ST = 0
    3/29
    3/30

Way to hold the line my friend
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    liketoyak wrote: »
    Liketoyak
    Friday weigh in
    PW-290.8
    CW-289.0

Happy Easter All!

Woohoo🎉
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    Wow! Two pounds is a great weight loss. Do you think the 75 day challenge is helping?

@lindamtuck2018

PW 176.8
    CW 174.6

It’s helping me stay focused on areas I’ve been gradually straying. 90 minutes of intentional exercise and limiting processed foods have been the hardest but also what’s helping. I had to get out of the mindset that intentional doesn’t mean intense and stretches and resistance training is considered intentional. Also had to get real with food choices and portions. Mostly from leftover holiday stuff that was still in the house. Now aiming for all new groceries to be 90% whole and any processed items to have minimal ingredients. Long term the 90 minutes of exercise is not sustainable with my current schedule though. On Thursday I pulled a 12 hour shift so by the time I got home and had dinner it was almost 11 by the time I finished exercising. The only reason I pushed was because I had Friday off. So I still need to work on finding the right balance.

🔥🔥🔥🔥
This discussion has been closed.