Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,304 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Judith, thank you for your prayer request updates. I hope the Drs can help quickly. Glad to share my pictures and will share more today. Our services are online while we travel. Our Pastor uploads two sermons and foes a Live Bible study each week. I must in person church but it really is hard to attend in person with our dogs. Most caravan parks don't allow us to leave them alone in a van so they come everywhere with us. You will have noticed few indoor pics? We're mostly living outside!

Marilyn, so glad you can enjoy your services. How uplifting church on a beautiful day can be.

Linda, thinking of you on your travels and hoping you are enjoying your time away.

I had a great day yesterday exploring the last of the 200kms+ of Great Ocean Road, focusing on the Twelve Apostles. There are only 7 standing columns left of the original 12 as the ocean causes them to collapse eventually, but it also carves out new columns from the cliff shore over time. The cliffs are amazing. I have wanted to see this part of Australia since I was a child. It feels like my Bucket List is finally coming true. I'll just give you a couple of photos here. There was much more than the Twelve Apostles area to explore.

Gibson's Steps had a stairway that went almost perpendicular to the cliffs. There are people on the beach. I went down a little ways but stopped when the steps became too high for me.

k4aufrmo0q8q.jpg

The Twelve Apostles from a viewing platform

faynq1akvnvr.jpg

Proof I was there, standing near the people in the last photo.

ag31jl6x9ld8.jpg

Loch Ard Gorge from a viewing platform. A ship was wrecked here and was forced through that gap. Only 2 of the 50+ passengers survived.

u9orz6zyiqbm.jpg

Razorback taken by Colin

r5ud4c4mm8rr.jpeg

I did YouTube church that evening with a grateful heart ❤️

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,316 Member
    Options
    We made it back from the Elder's conference this afternoon. We had to get up at 5:30am to be at the airport at 7 for our flight so I am very tired. I got a little over 4 hours of sleep because I got to bed late because I was not tired at the time. After I laid down, I watched the lights from headlights from the freeway next door on our ceiling for a while and then did get to sleep. Texas is an hour ahead of us so it was a time change again for us. The flight back was bumpy most of the way. We could not see any of the ground due to all the clouds and storms that were most of the way. Although we were flying at 37,000 feet, the storms were still effecting our flight. Our plane was very small with only 4 seats accross and maybe 25 rows. We had to walk up an uncovered ramp to get into the plane as well as to get off the plane. I like the covered walkways a lot better! When we got home, I had 2 hours to get our house straightened up for two college boys who are staying with us until Wednesday. They are part of a "campus swap". These are students who are from a different university but on their Spring break, they come to other campuses to help get more students involved in our church and in campus Bible studies. Our campus students also go to other campuses and do the same thing for another campus. It is really encouraging to have these students come to help.

The classes we attended at our conference were really encouraging. I will go through my notes and see if I can share some things we heard. The main speaker was one of our professors at our online school. He was talking about Spiritual Formation. This is taken from Galatians 4:19 where Paul talks of being in pains of childbirth until "Christ is formed in you". We need to get out of God's way sometimes and let our hearts and souls be transformed into what Christ would think and do.

It is good to read all you have put on the thread while I was gone. I will be here for the next several days then go to Denver for Easter but I should not have any problems with getting on here daily when I am there.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I forgot to tell you that when we were in Houston we were able to go to the space center and see all the historical things that have happened over the years in space travel. It was really fascinating to see what they have accomplished and still plan to do. I remember when the first men stood on the moon and now they are talking about going to Mars next year. It will not be a manned flight but they are looking for water that could sustain life. If it is there, they can also break apart the molicules of the water and use the hydrogen for fuel to come back the the Earth. It will be so amazing what our grandchildren will be able to experience and learn in their lifetimes. We had two hours to explore and then they had a catered banquet for us that was delicious. It is a huge area so I got lots of steps on that day!

One thing that we did in the conference was Guided Meditation. Unlike the meditation people do who are not God focused, we focused on God and his amazing miracles and working in our lives. As we relaxed each area of our bodies, we prayed thankful prayers to God our creator for the marvelous things He has done. It was so good to just sit quietly and relax our minds for a few minutes. I am reading a book right now on relaxation and sabbath. The author says that when God made the sabboth holy it was not a suggestion. We all need times when we can clear our schedule for quiet and relaxation and appreciation. I am not very far in the book but I agree, I get way too busy doing things that are not bad but they are not helping me mentally or spiritually to slow down and worship. My husband is better at this than I am. Some days he says, "This is my rest day, I have nothing planned." Besides resting, he is also reading, praying and enjoying the presence of God. It does seem to give him more energy for the rest of the week to do things. Do any of you practice a "sabbath rest" during your week?
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Good to hear you, Linda.

It's moving day again so am just reporting on yesterday when we went to Flagstaff Maritime Village.

Just a couple of pics from the Village yesterday. It was a good place to go.

Lamas on the hill (there were also goats)

jvqjc0043qbr.jpg

The ship that was wrecked at Loch Ard Gorge

8rf48uhizn7j.jpg

The two survivors of said ship wreck

0s6ib2a52mlq.jpg

Village Church window

ve4q1hbrb79z.jpg

The Village was well laid out. Too many buildings with sole uses to explain, but there was a school, a bank, newspaper office, row of shops, mechanic's reading room, church, fire station, Shipwright, ferrier, undertaker, sail maker shipwreck museum, whale information centre, Merremar dogs, ...and much more!

yvl2ietonnhx.jpg

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,075 Member
    Options
    I so enjoyed reading all about your travels Linda and your conference you attended. About a Sabbath Rest. For many years my children and I kept Sunday as the Lords Day, we attended church had devotions prayed. In between services our day was quiet, we had afternoon naps we read and just focused on the things of God, for me Sunday is a day of rest devoting the day to Jesus!

Susan, so glad you enjoyed your live stream service, and you have access to weekly Bible Study, loved the pictures and seeing the pictures of the Twelve Apostles and seeing you overlooking the water, the llamas are so sweet, the ship that went thru the narrow opening and two survivors you showed pictures of were so striking, I enjoyed reading the history of the Apostles and the area where you climbed, so steep, I’d be scared. You were brave.

Thinking of you Marilyn, my prayers are with you!

I am so tired so going to call it a night! Good Night and God Bless 😴🙏🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I am really tired this morning. I exercised on a different machine yesterday and my hip really rebelled last night. I just could not get comfortable. I also had to get up early to get breakfast for the college students. I am used to going to be late and getting up late but they need to be on campus early so either I sleep or I am a wonderful hostess and get them breakfast. Being in Houston with their time being an hour earlier did help me get up early there so it is not as bad as it could be here being an hour later.

I got new glasses yesterday but they just do not feel quite right. My bifocal part makes one eye see double but the other one sees fine. I may just have to get used to them so I am wearing them and trying different positions of my head to see if I can get my eyes to see the same. They are bigger than my old ones too so that is different.

Susan - the church window and the village are so pretty. The lamas look so soft and fuzzy but they probably would not like strangers petting them. I have never been close up to them but I do know about goats and they are very curious. They might have come up to me trying to figure out what I was doing if I were close to them. They might try to nibble my clothes too. We had so much funwith our goats growing up on a farm.

Judith - I hope you had a good sleep. Rest will help you heal faster. Continuing to pray for your lymph nodes and the decision the doctor will be making.

Marilyn - hope you are doing well. Continuing to pray for your fistula and a successful surgery next month.
  • LosinSusin
    edited March 27
    Options
    Good morning from Coleraine, Victoria where we are parked by a small Waterhole near the old train station. It's OK to stay a few days if we give a donation to the Information Centre, so we have. No power, water and the dump point is a little walk away. As you know, we have no trouble free camping and our water tanks are full. The town boasts a small supermarket and usual basic amenities but it has a chocolate factory. The men have already visited. Today Lyn and I are cooking up big pots of soup with every fresh vegetable we have as tomorrow we arrive in South Australia and they have vegetable and fruit bans. We can have frozen food, so even if we can't eat all the soup today we can freeze it. It's cold here and Col just put on our diesel heater. Archie was shivering in his coat before! I wrapped him in a blanket too.

6ixcnxlmkhcx.jpg

Colin took some photos of Coleraine where they have statues.

scgm6os0etpy.jpeg

leyeczurieyr.jpeg

This is the Waterhole from under our awning.

r226rffr916o.jpeg

Linda, you are such a good hostess. Those guests are very fortunate. About the Sabbath, when we are home it is a day entirely devoted to God in church services and we rest between the services. On the road that has been much harder to maintain. I miss being home snd being able to be at our church. The goats seemed curious but even though I made encouraging noises at them they didn't come over. I guess they are used to many people trooping past them every day. The Llamas ignored us!

Judith, yes, that stairway was scary with deep steps so I only went down them little ways. The men climbed down to the beach and Lyn didn't try. Ibunderstand why! It was scary and required a good level of fitness. I hope you hear from your medical team soon. Hugs.

Marilyn, thinking of youvand hoping things ate going well for you.

Praying for you all!

I'm off to make chicken and vegetable soup.
  • 316Judith
    edited March 27
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I came on late posted on all our Threads but now just too tired to share too much, I updated you via the Prayer Request Thread!

Susan the pictures are fantastic. I was reading your response about Sabbath Rest and you will already know how I and my kids devoted the whole Sunday unto the Lord and attended Church and rested. I still do the same now with Sunday as my Sabbath, Sunday is devoted to God; it’s His Day!

Thanks for sharing Linda, you are a wonderful Hostess with making your available to those who visit and stay in your community busting the Church and campus. The two young men who stayed at your home I am sure they would of been so blessed.

Marilyn, thinking of you and praying for you!

Have a good night rest, see you all tomorrow! 🙏🤗❤️
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Our guests left at 9am so I am doing laundry today to make up the beds for our next guests which will probably be this Summer. The guests were very polite and helpful so it was pretty easy to just cook breakfast for them. They were in their early 20's so they had a lot of questions about what it was like to be in school together, how we met, what we have done to stay together for so long, etc

I am on hold on the phone talking to our financial advisor. When we did our tax form this year we owed the government money this year. This is the first time this has happened in quite a few years. We are hoping that we can rearrange our finances so this does not happen again. We need to be paying taxes during the year so the amount is not so large at the end of the year. I am glad we have someone who is an expert in this field!

It is a beautiful day outside today. They are saying it will warm up for a short time then rain again. We are hoping for dry roads on Friday when we go back to Denver on Friday.

I hope you all have a great day.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Good morning. We are on the move today, heading into South Australia to a place called Penola. We'll stay at a CMCA camp for $7 per night. We'll have to haul our water, contain our Gray water to dump it, and they do have a dump point for Gray and black water, so we shall be fine. No power but you know we're fine off grid. I cooked up all our fresh vegetables yesterday so we should pass border inspection.

Linda, glad your visitors were easy ones to care for! They sounded respectful of you two, which is wonderful. Glad you have a good accountant too. It's not fun to owe taxes at the end of a year. Safe travels.

Judith, will read the prayer request page. Praying for you.

And praying for you, too, Marilyn.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - did you eat all of your soup you made? When we flew to California many years ago, they asked us if we had any fresh vegetables or fruit with us before we landed. We had brought some cut up vegies to eat as we traveled so we ate them very quickly before we landed. We later learned that they were talking about fruit or veggies that were like homegrown and not from the grocery store. The last time we flew to California they had stopped asking that question.

Yesterday we spent quite a lot of time at my SIL's going through all the clothes in the closets of my MIL to clear them out and see what I could wear or what we can donate. We have our trunk full as well as the back seat. Some are stained and torn so we will be either washing them to see if the stains can come out or just throwing them away. We are having Spring Cleanup in our area next week where we can put our anything we do not want and the trash people will pick them up for free. Before the trash people come, anyone is free to go around and take what they want. We will be putting my MIL's sewing machine that is in a heavy cabinent and a broken wheeled walker of my FIL's out there to see if anyone wants parts from them.

Thanks for telling me what you do to take a rest day out of the week. Sundays used to be our quiet day growing up but sometimes, we are involved in activities or meetings at the church and it does not seem to be so restful so we may take another day out of the week to rest and not have any appointments. Our bodies and minds need time to regroup so we can be more effective on the other days.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, no, we froze some of the soup for another two meals. We got fooled. In the past few years they have stopped getting people to throw away fresh vegetables and fruit when co.ing from Victoria. We would have had a border check coming from New South Wales or Western Australia though. Not sire about the Northern Territory. Anyway, we could have kept it all fresh! Never mind. We bought fresh things as soon as we arrived here. Now I have a couple of meals to fall back on. Wow, that was a big day of sorting for you yesterday. It's a big job to sift through a life. Yes, rest days are sure needed. I often think about how clergy do not rest on Sundays at all. Our church is often engaged in activities too, so yes, we do take a different rest day when we can. But in this travelling lifestyle I have learned to rest when I can too. Sometimes we are travelling or engaged in activities of some sort on Sundays.

We're catching up on the washing today with the help of our generator. It's Good Friday so I am praying for Easter blessings for you all.

3jubcd4cdhxm.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Evening Hello Ladies,

Yes it’s Good Friday tomorrow here in Bc. We have a Communion Service and Special Music and Message Pastor will bring. So thankful I can attend via Live Stream our Church provides for those who are not able to come out. I have Grape Juice and the Special crackers Pastor left me last time he came to visit and share communion with me.

All this weekend I plan to watch Special Easter services on Christian TV.

I left an update on the Prayer Request Thread about my follow up appointments regarding Lymph Node and Lab results. I have 4 appointments starting April 4th right through to middle of April. You will see the details I left there.

Susan, how are you enjoying your adventure touring South Australia? I look forward to more pictures. So glad you were able to freeze the soup you made from fresh veggies. It’s good to have back up meals in the freezer. I love fresh but sometimes it isn’t possible to eat it all up so preparing in advance helps when you are short on time. You prompted me when you were talking about making soup and freezing it; I remembered I had a big container of cream of Butternut Squash and Cheese in the freezer, I took it out today and put it in my slow cooker letting it defrost and simmer. I had 2 big mugs full and have a container in fridge for tomorrow!

Linda, that is a big job going through all the things from hour dear MIL, it’s good there is a day you can put things out to be taken away. I am sure people will be interested in the sewing machine and some of the clothes. You sharing about going thru your MiL things reminded me what a big it was when my dear Mom passed, she had a full condo of good furniture clothing, China cabinet full of crystal and Bone China which we divided it all between the family.

And I totally hear you and Susan about rest days especially when Sundays are filled with ministry and meetings at Church; yes I too think of Pastors, my Pastor takes Monday as his day off and his rest day, he shuts himself in his office to spend time alone with God, phones and computers shut off, it’s him his Bible and a Pen to write down what he hears from God and spends a huge portion in a separate Prayer Room the Church Board made for him in the back of the office that is used for Prayer. I like the idea of taking another day to rest and make it a day for the Lord.

Marilyn, I am thinking of you and hope you are well. My prayers are with you.

It’s late now so I am going to get ready for bed. Good Nite all.. Catch you tomorrow! ✝️📖🙏
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I read through Isaiah 53 this morning and meditated on the crucifiction of Jesus. Even though he knew it was to happen, the weight of what it was going to feel like became reality . The words "oppressed and afflicted", "despised and rejected by men", "pierced for our transgressions..crushed for our iniqutues" all are so descriptive of what he went through for us. If this were the end of things, it would be so sad but we know that in two days, He will rise triumphant for us and make a way for us to spend eternity with him! I am sorry that so many children are growing up thinking that Easter is just a holiday for candy and the Easter Bunny. It is so much more than that!

We decided to not go to Denver today because there is a snow storm in the passes and we are taking a couch over that we did not want to get wet. The storm is supposed to be over by tomorrow morning so if we wait until noon to start out the roads should be fine. I look forward to spending Easter with the family. My son will not be able to be there due to other committments but I will be with our two daughters. I was reminbering what Easter service was when I was growing up. We knew the real meaning of Easter so there were no Easter egg games to play but we always dressed up as a celebration. I remember my favorite had I had to wear. It was like a wide headband that was white with navy blue velvet ribbon on the edges. There were white flowers on the ends and a satin ribbon that tied under my chin. It is amazing that I can remember details like this but can't remember what I was needing to do when I get up and get distracted. 😀

I got through my MIL's clothes yesterday and was able to find quite a few we could use. I washed the stained ones and they are all in bags ready to give to the donation store. We brought the sewing machine and walker back and put it out on our pile and when we got up this morning, they were both gone. I am glad someone could take them and fix them to be used. When I worked in a nursing home many years ago, they bought new wheelchairs and were going to throw the old non'working ones away. I asked if I could have some so I brought them home and my son was able to take parts off them and made one useable wheel chair for us to use. I still have it in the garage and the grandkids love to play with it when they come for a visit.

Judith live stream is so nice to have when a person is not able to attend chuch. It is not quite the same but at least you can be fed by the sermon and then you have your pastor visit you. We listen to the Denver service in the morning then attend our church service in the afternoon so we have two sermons to apply to our lives.

Susan and Marilyn I hope you are doing well and are having a joyful Easter season remembering the real meaning of the holiday.

• LosinSusin
    Options
    Good Easter Saturday morning to you all.

Linda, that was a good meditation for Good Friday. The Lord sacrificed all so we could be forgiven and assured a place in heaven. It's hard to comprehend how he took on the sins of everyone, for eternity. It fills my heart with sadness at His suffering and gratitude that He did it..

How wonderful to have given away equipment and clothing so others could use it. Impressive also how your son could make a functioning wheelchair from parts!

Judith, I am glad you can do live streaming for church and communion. That is so good. Glad to have reminded you about your soup. I had some more of mine last night. I will check the prayer updates thread. 🙏

Marilyn, thinking of you and hoping you are having a blessed Easter. 🙏

We saw Colin's brother and sister-in-law at Naracoorte yesterday. They were only half an hour's drive away so why not. They are staying at the Naracoorte Showgrounds for a few days. The drive there was revealing - this area of South Australia has back-to-back wineries! Some also sell coffee according to their signs. Some had planted hedges of roses all along the highway next to their vines. Then we found a park with wood carvings of a Father Woods and Sister Mary MacKillop. Those Anglican clergy did a lot of good in this district, starting schools and serving people everywhere. The Catholic church even made Mary a Saint posthumously. It was a peaceful spot and I liked the worod carvings of Father Woods.

Back-to-back vineyards. These didn't have roses.

l2zwh90t7iho.jpg

Father Woods

tpls6aelwzo0.jpg

Father Woods and Sr Mary McKillop. They didn't capture her well. She was much prettier.

qo8efqz2cem8.jpg

Photo of Sr Mary McKillop to prove it.

eon99cj7oeoy.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    hx33ht1wkedf.png

It's Easter Sunday here! He is Risen! Happy Easter!

We had flattened batteries overnight. We think it might ne Starlink that is drawing too much power. Colin is working on getting things back up running smoothly again with our generator and has checked the batteries. He's now working on our control panel. I'd be lost without him, that's for sure. He waited till 9am to start the genny. It's a pity to have to shatter people's peace, but we have no water pump, lights, fans, ignition switch for the gas stove etc without it. However, nothing is coming on.

I better conserve my phone battery till we have worked this out.

Take care, friends.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Amen, He is Risen! The Grave is Empty! Praise the Lord, Jesus is Alive!

We are on the eve of Easter Sunday! For us here in Canada March 31st is Easter Sunday!

I am looking forward to my Live Stream Sunday Services! I thank God I have Friends and Family, my Pastor who visit regularly!

Today I was blessed with 3 Friends who came to visit! They brought me a Tea Latte and flowers. So blessed today! We shared and talked about the Goodness of God and how blessed we are!

We reflected on what Good Friday and the Resurrection means to us as the Child of God who has been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb! Praise the Lord, we are Redeemed, We have been Forgiven!

He is Risen! ✝️The Tomb is Empty!
    Jesus is Alive! Praise ye the Lord! ❤️
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    🌼🌸Yes, praise the Lord that Jesus did not stay in the grave! He had power over death and gives us eternal life. 🌸🌼

The trip over the mountain was good weather wise but the traffic was worse. We are not used to traveling on the weekend so expected this. There were a lot of people still skiing as we drove past the ski areas. Some areas will be closeing soon because the snow is getting soft but others in the higher altitude will stay open until the end of May or later.

Judith I am so glad that you have friends visit you so you are not issolated. The tea Latte sounds wonderful also!

Susan - I hope things get repaired with your batteries. I am so glad that Colin has the knowledge to do things to fix it. My Dad was that way but Glenn is more likely to have someone else work on it. His specialty is teaching and studying. It takes all kinds of people to make a world as the old saying goes.

Marilyn - It has been a while since we have heard from you. I hope you are well.

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,384 Member
    Options
    He is risen, He is risen indeed

Am doing well just getting my mind prepped for the 5th operation on my arm. Praying that thisone will take.

Had a great Good Friday service and Great One today. Church was packed. Friday we had 3 services same today and they told me after church it looks like we have about 1200 people out - warms may heart

Am now relaxing as we also had our son come from out of town for a visit - so I am feeling very tired. Think the next 2 days or so I will be resting a lot as the amount of energy for the weekend really zapped me - but God is good -He is with me always and gives me just what I need when I need it.

Love to all of you
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Easter Sunday Evening Hello

Linda, you mentioned Marilyn that we haven’t heard from her for a while, on FaceBook Messenger where I leave you and Susan messages I have sent messages to Marilyn also and I haven’t had any reply from her. She has been silent for a while; I too hope she is ok!
    Sorry the traffic was so congested, I guess weekends are always extra traffic but here the holidays add to extra cars on the road, good thing you said the weather was good as you travelled over the mountain. Yes as you mentioned seeing people skiing as you passed the ski hills in your area especially in high elevations you can have snow into late May; here in BC we have snow on our ski hills late in the season too. Yes Linda as you said, it is nice to have my friends come to visit me bringing me flowers and other surprises! I will post on FaceBook the flowers that I was gifted with.

Susan, hope Colin is able to repair the batteries; it’s great that Colin is handy and can fix things, saves a lot of money so you don’t have to send out and hire the help to repair. Reminds me of how blessed our family was, my grandfather was an electrician and of course could do all work that required wiring or re-wiring a lamp or anything else related. How’s your travels? I so enjoyed your last pictures you posted. Thank you.

All weekend has been Blessed, our Good Friday Communion Service and my Churches Live Stream Easter Sunday service. Such an anointed service, the Message Preached by our Guest Speaker was so anointed and blessed and the Praise and Worship was so powerful!

Celebrating the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Hallelujah the Grave could not hold Him, He is Risen just as He said!

The Resurrection brings Hope!

Hope for New Life in Christ;

Our Sins are Forgiven, Past Present and Future!

Think about this:

The Reason we Celebrate Easter:

Because of what Jesus has done for us,

He Died, He was laid in a tomb
    The Grave could not hold him…
    He rose from the dead.

Praise the Zlord, We serve a Risen Savior.
    Jesus is Alive

We have Hope in Him

The Hope in Christ will Sustain you

Jesus is the Anointed King
    He is the Risen King
    He has defeated the Evil
    Jesus won by Dying on the cross.
    Jesus has All Power and Authority
    Jesus will occupy the Earth, every heart of the believer

Heaven is Coming
    Sunday is Coming
    Heaven is Invading the Earth
    God dwells in the centre of the Earth

As Christians We are the Angels of Hope
    We have a Message of Hope to the Dying World
    Sharing the Resurrection Hope of Jesus Christ with Others!

God Bless you all. Be back later with your New Team Goals that is Coming for the Month of April!