Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,304 Member
    Options
    I think a number of us cross posted over the weekend. Marilyn posted just before you, Judith. I am glad you are alright, Marilyn, and will keep praying about your upcoming surgery.

Judith, thank you for all the Easter thoughts! Yes, we serve a Risen Saviour. Praise God!

Linda, glad I know Glenn is talented. Aren't we blessed?

Colin and Greg between them fixed our batteries. They discovered a thin wire crimped to a thick wire that was causing a fuse to overheat and shut down the system. It took all morning and several trips to a hardware store that happened to be open Easter Sunday, and much rummaging in their cars for tools and wires and crimps , but they fixed it.

Today we explored thr heritage part of Penola, founded by Scotsmen. I think they influenced the design of these Mayoral robes.

rdcqmy5kzcwk.jpg

The first house built in Penola was occupied by a man and his young bride. They eventually had 13 children and had to add on to their original two room cottage. He was a shoemaker and she seemed to be a cook as that is mai ly what she did, caring for her family and the village folk with jams, preservatives etc. .

hbwre3hxp6ty.jpg

Their vegetable, fruit and herb garden:

cfs98syn8h2k.jpg

cpf664sv05rk.jpg

We found lots of beautiful rose bushes and a heritage rose garden. This was a favourite.

ot98f9bt27lt.jpg

Antique window shopping led to an old restored car as well.

3d67u7xtaahd.jpg

And finally, a huge tree that impressed us:

r34z49h57lga.jpg

Enjoy the rest of your Easter. โœ๏ธ โค๏ธ
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,316 Member
    Options
    Amen Judith! What a wonderful time to rejoice in our many blessings.

We are having snow squalls today. It starts hard then quits. Obviously it is not able to accumulate so I hope the moisture ig going down into the tree roots to help them over the hot summer.

Yesterday we celebrated the Spring birthdays by going to Olive Garden. My grandson's birthday was March 13, mine and my grandaughter are in April. My son was not able to come but we did have a nice dinner. I got some nice slippers that have memory foam insoles so they are very soft and two really pretty flower pots. I have more presents coming when I am nearer my birthday. Glenn usually waits until everyone else has gotten me presents then he buys something that is left on my wish list. It works out really well this way because if there was something I really wanted but did not get, I have a chance to get it from him.

We are going to a friends house to eat for lunch and then she is giving us massages for free. I am looking forward to our time with her.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Enjoy your day, Linda! It sounds like a busy one. What day is your birthday?

It's wet and cold here. We are thinking of going out after lunch, maybe. The camp ground was packed for Easter but loads of people are leaving today. It will probably be very quiet in town.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,075 Member
    Options
    Susan, so interesting about you and Colin exploring Penola. Loved the heritage pictures and history you shared. The Mayoral Robes that were designed were so โ€œRegal Lookingโ€ the Family sure grew, 13 children, the article described the Children well, that many kids in the Community would sure seem that โ€œChildren Everywhereโ€ would be. Loved the Heritage Rose, the Yello was so vibrant and the Heritage Car was awesome. I am sure Colin enjoyed looking inside the car, and if he was allowed did he lift the hood to look at the engine of the car? The Tree Trunk was so interesting seeing all the bark in different shapes and giving off a unique design! Thanks for sharing the History of Penola and all your pictures! So glad Colin and Greg repaired the batteries.

Linda, glad you enjoyed reading what I shared about Easter! Wow, you sure are getting the weather, Snow, but glad itโ€™s not accumulating but like you said hope the moisture helps the roots of the trees in the hear of the summer when they need extra moisture. Going to the Olive Garden is such a nice place to eat, always fresh and healthy eating! We had an Olive Garden near where my Medical Clinic was, Iโ€™d often go eat there after my appointment as Iโ€™d make it an afternoon of shopping in Chapters and another store and eat Lunch after my appointment! Sadly the Olive Garden moved away and they are not located nearby. Great place to Celebrate all your Family Birthdays ๐Ÿฅณ Please wish your grandson a Happy Birthday that he celebrates on March 13. Itโ€™s nice that your hubby waits to see whatโ€™s left on your wish list after the family have given you their gifts. I agree that way it is more likely you will get whatโ€™s left and pretty much get almost everything you had on your Wish List.I like that, a good plan!

Marilyn, glad Susan saw your post. I have been posting a different times, guess thatโ€™s why I have missed you. We are in the same Time Zone so the only reason we miss each other maybe we both are posting in times than the usual we did previously. My prayers continue for you Marilyn.

Have a Blessed Evening, see you all tomorrow!
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Yesterday was cold and rainy with intermittant snow. Today looks like it will warm up some. The sun is shining and it is in the 50'sF. We need to get some errands done today so having the sun shining is encouraging.

Yesterday we were invited up to the house of a friend for lunch. She is a great cook and she is also a massage therapist. She was able to work with Glenn's shoulder and neck that was still from the surgery. He said he was sore after all her work but his neck was definately more flexible. He wanted me to watch her so I can do the same for him if his neck hurts again but she worked for an hour and I do not remember all she did. There was not time for her to work with my hip and knee but we might go back there next time we come and I will get my turn. I am reading a book about the "Anti-inflamatory Diet" that is supposed to help with arthritis and joint pain. It would be wonderful if I could do some dietary changes and not need a hip replacement in the future.

Susan - the pictures were so interesting. The lady with the 13 children was amazing. I don't think I could handle that may but maybe if they were not to close together, the older ones could help with the younger ones. They may have had a garden too to provide food for them during the winter. I love the purple bushes in the front of their house. It looks like a lilac but it is too far away to identify. Do you know what it is called? You asked about my birthday - it is April 17th.

Judith - thanks for sharing your Easter gifts on Facebook. The multicolored roses are gorgeous. Do you know if they grow that way or are they colored by the florist? I am so glad you have good friends who can encourage you and bring you gifts. I wish we were closer and all of us could gather to visit. As it is now, we just have imaginary visits and stories.

Marilyn - I hope you are able to find peace as you wait another surgery. God is with you every step of the way.

• LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, how good to have help for Glenn from your massage therapist friend! I hope you do get your turn. It does help the hips and knee to have massages like that. Colin needs them a lot. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. The purple bush outside the house is a Bougainvillea Vine. It has thorns but its flowers come in a variety of vibrant cours. Do you get them in Colorado? They can withstand strong sun but I am not sure if they can live through icy winters. Pray ๐Ÿ™

Judith, both men loved that car but didn't lift the hood (we call it a bonnet instead of a hood over here. And the trunk is called a boot!) I am glad you had a good Easter too. Your description of Olive Garden was lovely. I have never been to one. They don't have any here. Pray ๐Ÿ™

Marilyn, hope your new surgery is a success this time. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to keep having them. Take care. ๐Ÿ™

We're about yo go see a vineyard with Lyn and Greg. I hope they have coffee there. I'll let you know tomorrow. Also we are moving on to Mount Gambier. It's on the lower right corner of this map and is 50kms from Penola, also in South Australia. South Australia (SA) is huge!

qok7nt32einb.jpg

I'll leave you with another heritage rose ๐ŸŒน

4mau66aonuzo.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,384 Member
    Options
    yda7t16c3rwb.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Amen, Marilyn.

We're packing up to move on. It's cloudy and cool and has been raining. Our next caravan park has all tbe bells and whistles so I am looking forward to having power and water connected for a few days.

Hope you all have good days.

Tumble down house in Penola

69zvlas66sfs.jpg

Where we're moving from today

9260xpx9kysf.jpg

• 316Judith
    Options
    Marilyn, A Hearty Amen yo your quote, so nice to see your post. I kept missing them and you so today such a blessing to finally connect. I am praying that this surgery you have will be successful! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—

Linda, you were so blessed to be treated out to lunch and so nice Greg was able to have a message, hope it helped him. Sorry there wasnโ€™t time for you but hope you get back there next time and can have your turn. You asked about the Roses if they came that way or of the florist dyed the colours to the Roses you were seeing in the picture I posted on my FaceBook Profile! My friend told me Safeway got them from a Florist who dyes them in a variety of colours!

Susan, thanks for sharing the beautiful Rose, so Gorgeous! And thanks for refreshing my mind about the Hood of car is called the Bonnet and the Trunk is called the Boot. My friend Fay originally from New Zealand ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ called the trunk the Boot. She was always asking me to help her with taking things out of the boot, ๐Ÿ˜„ your cap ground you are leaving is lovely, Archie and Jasper looked like they were keeping out of the sun staying under the Shade panel, clever boys! I looked on the Map and found Mount Gambier right at the end of the map, I didnโ€™t realize South Australia ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ was so large! Safe Travels my friend!

I was able to post on all the threads today but not sure if that will happen tomorrow. I am in Vancouver for my follow up with Surgeon.

Will say Good Night and God Bless you my friends! ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿค—
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Judith - I pray that you have a good apointment with your surgeon today. Thanks for the explaination about the dyed rose colors. I did not think that roses in nature had more than two colors.

Susan - I have never seen a Bougainvillea Vine in Colorado. You are probably right about them not withstanding the freezing weather we have here. I am glad that the place you are going to has all the "bells and whistles". It is fun to rough it sometimes but a relief to have the nicer amenities too.

Marilyn - good to see you posting again! How are you feeling?

It is a busy day cooking today. I made a new recipe for Chicken Saag Curry to try it out before I take it to our Elders/Staff meeting tomorrow. It tasted pretty spicy when I was tasting it earlier but it is in the crock pot now and maybe once it is cooked and I add coconut cream to it, it will cool down some. I am also trying to make sourdough sandwich bread which seems to be easier than the artisan sourdough bread I have been making. It is in it's first rise which will go until midnight then I will put it in the fridge to slow the second raise down and it will be ready when I get up tomorrow morning to bake.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I was here late last night and now early today so I do not have any messages from anyone to respond to today. My Chicken Saag turned out really good although it is a bit hot for my taste. I still have to put in the coconut cream so I think it will cool down some. My SIL used to call me a "white girl" because I thought things were hot that he said were mild so maybe everyone else will like it hot. My sourdough is raising but in the refrigerator because I miss calculated and I need it to slow down because we have an appointment when it is due to go in the oven. The longer I let it raise, the more sour it gets to this one will be very sour.

My daughter is doing well with her orientation with her new job but is overwhelmed at the same time. This is a big company that has branches all over the United States so there is a lot of support from many experts there. There is a branch in Grand Junctions so when she moves closer to us, she can transfer easily to there. The first week I know I felt there was so much to learn in a new job so I understand what she is going through. I know she will do fine once she gets into the rhythm of the job. She really loves what she does and will take 11 clients with her from her old job so at least half of her clients already know her.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Good afternoon! We're all set up in Mt Gambier, on power and water so we did the washing this morning and I have dinner going on the crock pot like you, Linda. This afternoon we'll go see the Information Centre and museum. Lyn and Greg have seen it before so are staying here which means we can leave the dogs in the van. Our setup:

fnrnh8wm9z84.jpg

Linda, glad your daughter is settling in to her new job, challenging as it is. ๐Ÿ‘ I hope you like your dinner dish!

Judith, will be thi king of you tomorrow with your follow up appointment. ๐Ÿ™ Yes, SA is large! We probably won't have time to see loads of it. We'll see. We have to start travelling back north around the beginning of June for a family gathering.

Marilyn, thinking of you pray ๐Ÿ™
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Itโ€™s late here, but wanted to let you know how my Surgeon Follow up went, he removed the skin from all the areas on my face and lips.

my Surgeon felt the enlarged lymph node and he thought it best I contact my Oncology Nurse as she would book an appointment with my Oncologist as this situation with Lymph node needs attention quickly. He also said with the lymph node enlarged it would be the Cancer Clinic Hospital who would do tests, ultrasound and any surgery to remove it but said depending on what else is involved with the metastasis surgery could be moved to VGH. Please pray as I will put in a call first thing in the morning and I hope they will call back before the end of the day.

Linda, hope you liked the Chicken dish, it sure sounded yummy! I am happy for your daughter as she begins her new job, so happy she has clients she is taking with her. Praying all works out for her.

Susan, love your new Camp ground, your set up looks comfortable. I see your fur-babies are already outside in a safe enclosure looking thru gate checking out their surroundings. Enjoy your travels and touring the Information Centre and
    Museum. Sounds like you are enjoying Mount Gambier!

Marilyn, my prayers continue for you!

Rested a lot earlier but now Iโ€™m ready for bed again! So itโ€™s Good Night God Bless ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ›Œ๐Ÿ™
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We had some really delicious Indian food last night at our leaders meeting. I had brought a lot my Chicken Saag Curry so there was some left over to bring home for another meal. Some of the food was really spicy but I had toned mine down with some coconut creme. It was nice to eat this food but I would not want to have it every day. I had heartburn last night before going to bed from the spices.

Judith - I prayed for you this morning regarding your phone call to the Cancer Clinic. I pray that you will get an appointment quickly so you can get the results and treatment will not be delayed if it is necessary.

Susan - It looks like you have some really nice shade trees at your location. Do you have air conditioning in your caravan? Maybe with it being Fall it is not as hot as it is in the Summer and that is not necessary. I guess I should check the weather thread before I ask these questions. ๐Ÿ˜†

Marilyn - thinking and praying for your health.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Good morning! It's cloudy but clearing which is good. We want to do some more exploring today.

Linda, yes, we have a reverse cycle air conditioner but use it for heating at night right now. Last night we were quite cold in the van so left the heater on all night. The trees are pretty but full of gum nuts that make a loud sou d as they hit the roof. There are three or four varieties of birds that live in the trees and wake us at 5am with their dawn chorus. We'd rather admire the trees from afar. The shade blocks our solar panels and Starlink dish too, but fortunately we have power at this site so it doesn'treally matter. You have to park where allocated. It's pretty crowded at this Showgrounds. We were lucky to get spaces next to each other. Your curry sounds so good. Sorry about your heartburn !

Judith, thank you for updating us. I am praying for your cancer Dr appointment to come quickly too. Yes, our set-up is comfortable and the dogs love their pen. They get to wrestle and play in freedom out there.

Marilyn, hello. I hope you are OK.

Col and I went to a museum/information centre and sinkhole garden yesterday. Wow. Apparently the Limestone Coast (this area's name) is riddled with underwater caves. People come from all over the world to dive in them and swim through. (We won't be doing that.) They go for miles. Col and I did climb down into the sinkhole. I hope you can get a sense of how deep it was. I don't know how deep it went but I was puffed climbing out. There were lots of native bee hives in the crevices. I had never seen that before.

bz9u5jzu2b41.jpg

aa76ggbcodeq.jpg

The original gardener/owner

jf47vtpyo72p.jpg

f4pnci6tknbz.jpg

At the museum they tried to recreate an underground experience in this tunnel.

9kf05huhbzwk.jpg

And they had a replica of one of the first ships to come to the Limestone Coast.

7pe77m7wtku3.jpg

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - the sink holes are so interesting. I did not realize that they were so deep or that the bees nested in the cracks. The sinkholes we have in the states are in the Southern part and are not beautiful like this. Our sinkholes swallow up cars and houses so we dread hearing about them. I agree with you and Colin - I would not be volunteering to swim through the underwater caves. I do not swim well in an open pool and especially not in an underground passage way through caves. I can see why you do not like to be near shade trees since it affects your solar and internet. We do not have that on our trailer so we look for trees to keep things cooler during the summer. We park it near a stand of Aspen trees. I enjoy litening to their leaves rattle in the wind. That is where they got their name "Quakies" because they move and sway in the wind.

My granddaughter had a sleep study last night to see if she needs a CPAP to help her breathe at night. She is so tired all the time we are hoping that this is the problem. My daughter had to accompany her since she is under 18 so both were gone and I was stuck with babysitting their dog. Their dog does not like wind so was restless quite a bit of the night. She slept in the bed part of the night and the rest of the night was on the floor hiding. She wanted to sleep next to my head but was also bothered with the wind coming from my CPAP machine. I am sure she will be happy to have my daughter back tonight to sleep with a familiar bedmate.

I went for coffee with a friend this morning and I had to wear my winter coat to keep warm. It is not getting above freezing today and with the wind blowing it felt really cold. When I was packing, I did not realize that we were going to have cold weather so I only brought one long sleeved blouse to wear. I am glad that I did bring my winter coat so I may wear it to church tomorrow.

Tonight we are going to see "The Music Man" at a local theater. My SIL, daughter and grandkids are all playing a part in it. My daughter is actually part of the stage crew and the others are out dancing and being part of the action. The grandkids are able to be paid quite a bit and are saving their money for big gifts they want. Their show lasts for three weekends with performances Friday evening, two preformances on Saturday and one on Sunday afternoon for a total of 12 all together. My grandson said that he was really tired and is glad this weekend is the last one they have to do.

• LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, how good that your SIL, daughter and grandchildren can take part in a live show! Fun! It sounds like it is still cold there. We're feeling cold here too even though the temperature can look pretty moderate. Hope they figure out how to help your granddaughter who may have sleep apnea.

Yesterday we saw the Blue Lake. It changes cour to milky grey in wi ter. So we were blessed to see it in its blue phase. It is the town water supply and is a a crater lake.

4blb1holvclj.jpg

Forest Lake is another crater lake right next door to Blue Lake:

lkx06a2o4umy.jpg

Art work at Forest Lake:

1ekdtm93hbd7.jpg

glqf3u3c8guv.jpg

And finally, the Cave Garden in the middle of town:

p7v11jtp8zca.jpg

Daylight savings ended today. We went back an hour. I need to get ready for today's adventure so will hopefully be able to post about it tomorrow. It's moving day again tomorrow...
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Linda, you sure are getting such cold weather to be wearing winter coats. Hope it warms up for you. Your curry sounded so good. If you can, could you post the recipe on our Thread. I am sure a few would love to make it and share with others in their groups. How exciting that your SIL, Daughter and Grandkids can take part in the Live Music show, I always loved Live Theatre! Poor Fur Baby, I am sure your daughters dog will be happy to have her back, I can almost see him hiding with the sound of the โ€œwindโ€, my Sunshine hides under the bed when she hears noises that are unfamiliar to her.

Susan, the pictures you shared of the Blue Lake, Art Work, Cave Garden weโ€™re all stunning. I wouldnโ€™t like to swim in under water caves either, quite scary for me, you are seeing so much in this area you are now camping in. You were talking about sink holes that you walked down, the pictures showed the area to be so steep, if I were climbing back up with you Iโ€™d be a huffing and a puffing too! Here in our parts sink holes are dangerous as they swallow everything that is in their pathway, like Linda when I have seen the news reporting of them I too want to stay far away as possible. Itโ€™s amazing how one part of our world sink holes are a good thing people enjoying them where here we avoid them like the plague!

Marilyn, thinking of you.

I am still waiting on getting into my oncology appointment. I am seeing my Family Doctor in 2 weeks so I will know the results of my blood work!

Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you posted as I know what the plan is for me! โค๏ธ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    It did warm up a little from the predicted high yesterday but the wind was brutal. There are a lot of wooden fences down and tree limbs scattered along the road. The wind was so strong, I almost fell over as we were walking back to the car after going to the theater. We had an old dishwasher on the back porch that the wind blew over. It was had to keep the car on the road withthe big gusts. The wind is still blowing but has calmed down a bit.

The live theater was wonderful. My SIL took us and his mother and twin sisters backstage so we could see what goes on behind the scenes. My SIL built all the stage sets which was also impressive. They do their last show this afternooon and then they can get some rest. The next show which will be this Summer will be "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' followed by "White Christmas" and Fidler on the Roof". These all sound really good and I am sure we will be seeing the grandkids in these also. We got our tickets late so we were in balcony seats. We saw some church friends there who had been given some tickets by someone who could ot attend and they exchanged their tickets with us. It put us in the second row with wonderful seats and view of the actors. I really do appreciate their generosity. They said they enjoyed our old balcony seat tickets and wanted us to have a better view since we had family in the show.

Judith - I will look up the recipe I used for Chicken Saag and put it on the recipe thread. I just got it off the internet but it was really delicious. I continue to pray for a quick appointment for your enlarged lymph node.

Marilyn - I hope you are feeling better from your cold. They can be very miserable!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,384 Member
    Options
    aun6abx2xc3o.jpg

Am on meds for this cold - day 3 of these meds - and starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel - but still feel lousy.

April 18 I go back for surgery on my arm - was to happen April 11 but we cancelled it because of this cold = just wanting to feel better - and I know it will happen - am having to learn to be still and wait giving my body time to hea.

Thanks for all the prayers