Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,075 Member
    Options
    Marilyn, excellent quote, thank you…Blessings on your day!

Linda, Congrats 🎉 on 1,000 days for checking in on MFP. Woo Hoo Way to Go! You asked about if I got to sleep in the days I am up late, well, the answer is no, Sunshine wakes me up between 5 and 6am so the days I don’t have appointments I go back to bed for an hour or so. Sunshine has a one track mind when it comes to her Food times! Dear me, she is so loving and loves cuddling with me but when it’s meal time she nudges me and MEOWS loudly until she gets her food. Yup she is spoiled. Then after she eats she plays ball with me then jumps on my lap for more cuddles.

Susan, thanks for sharing about the names of the cities that have Canadian names like Kingston, you said June 1st is start of winter, brrr and for us we are nearing summer season! The pictures you took are spectacular, the giant lobster, WOW, if I woke in the middle of the night and saw Mr. Lobster I’d scream thinking I saw a monster! The Lending Library at the Park is a fantastic idea to make Books available to those camping. The Seafarers Memorial architect is spectacular. Where you had lunch was such a lovely setting. Your Camp Park is beautiful. Thank you for these photo’s, so nice!

Well Ladies, it’s late and I am off to bed! See you all tomorrow! ❤️🙏😴
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,384 Member
    Options
    lqyygn8oz61w.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,316 Member
    Options
    I have been a "big spender" today. I went to a garage sale and an estate sale this morning. The estate sale was for a friend of mine who recently got married and her new husband had a whole house of furniture and so did she so they needed to get rid of things. I spent $3.50 on my treasures. I got a travel sewing kit with needles, scissors, ruler, quilt binding, magnets, etc in it, a friendship cross to hang on the wall and two clipboards. I got quite a few steps in too so all in all a good morning.

Yesterday we washed our area rug outside and hung it over our patio chairs to dry. Unfortunately, we have huge elm trees in the back yard that is dropping seeds that now are getting on my rug. They are like green snow in the backyard. They are easy to pick off once the run is dry but we still have an area that is wet that was hanging down and the water pooled in the crease.

Today we have some college boys coming to help put our hide-a-bed couch in the living room. It is the couch that we brought over the mountain the first of the week. I am making them pizza to thank them for their help. They are not aware that it is not just a regular couch so it wil be pretty heavy for them to work with.

Judith - It sounds like Miss Sunshine is a wonderful companion for you. I assume having to get up early to feed her is worth the cuddles she gives you. I am glad that you can go back to bed to sleep more if you need to.

Susan - I am so glad that you are taking so many pictures for us to see. I have wanted to visit Australia but the flying time is very long and I do not know if my hip could stand to sit so long. Watching your picutres makes me feel like I am traveling and I do not feel sad anymore that I might not get to see Australia with my own eyes.

Have a great weekend!
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,304 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Just quickly checking in today as Colin wants us on the road earlier. The new place wecate going to cannot be booked. It's first come, first served, so I will see if I can come back later to play our games. 😉
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Good Morning All

Marilyn, thank you for the great picture chart for fruits and veggies that heal kidneys. So appreciated. Blessings on your Sunday, May your Lord’s day be filled with God’s abundant blessings!

Linda, so nice you have the young college boys to help with the bed chesterfield! I sure know how heavy they are. I had one for years, great for an extra bed for unexpected guests but if you needed to move it, dear me, you almost needed an army of strong men to move it. Hopefully the young men won’t have any trouble. They will appreciate the pizza you serve. Hope your rug has dried? And yes, Sunshine is such a great companion, she loves to be on my lap and cuddle and she sleeps with me at night. It’s ok to get up early to feed her, most mornings I go back to bed which helps me a lot.

Susan, I see Colin wants an early start for you both, safe travels my friend. Hope with heading out early you will arrive at the new campground you will be staying at provided you with a wonderful spot in the park! Look forward to hear all about it and maybe see some pictures if you can!

Blessings on your Lord’s Day! Sunday Blessings!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    0hmk77c3ohn0.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Marilyn - this is so true. I have not always been able to to this and worries have caused me to have restless nights. God stays awake during the night so I can sleep. He keeps things going, keeps me safe, and my body doing it's involuntary things that keep me alive (breathing, heart beating, brain working, etc). Great reminder for me today.

Susan - I hope you got your spot at the first come, first served site. Glenn likes to get up early but if it were me and I had a trailer following beind as we traveled, I would say "go ahead and get up early and drive and I will just stay in bed for a while. I will get up when it is time for me to get your lunch." I know that is illegal to occupy a trailer that is being pulled behind a vehicle in the States so I could not do that but it definitely would be in my mind.

Judith - I am so sorry you had a difficult, painful Saturday. I pray that today is better and when you go in for your appointment you are able to find some answers for your relief. Do you have prescription medication you take for pain? Are you able to use heat or cold to help? The college boys did enjoy the pizza, chips and salsa and dessert but I enjoyed it also and unfortunately I gained weight from all the salt that was in the food. I am drinking a lot of water to try to get the sodium out of my body.
  • 316Judith
    edited April 15
    Options
    Marilyn, so true, but like Linda said, it sometimes is hard when your mind is going non stop thinking about an issue which keeps you awake; thanks for the reminder give it to God and go to sleep!

Linda, thank you for your kindness, yes, I hope I get some answers and that I will know what the next step will be regarding the lymph node, you asked about if I had prescription meds for pain, yes I do but sometimes it doesn’t work. So glad the college boys enjoyed the pizza and desert you served. I hear you about all the sodium you now have in your body from the food you ate with the boys, it’s good to drink extra water and hope it helps to flush out all the sodium!

Susan, praying for safety on your travels, hope you got the camping spot you were hoping for! Susan, was your Pastor able to record the service so you could watch the Live Stream of your Church service and Bible Study on YouTube? I hope it was recorded for you and Colin. Look forward to hearing about your new camping spot and the new places you visit with the photos you share with us.

Hope your Sunday was a blessing for you all and you enjoyed your Sunday services and Family time together. Have a great week ahead. Be back tomorrow! God Bless!
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Hi all. We're at the Murray Bridge Showgrounds and got one of the few remaining powered sites. There is only power and water offered along the fenceline. Everyone else is off grid. Here is the line of vans we are parked among:

6gwcmbiib0ms.jpg

Judith, no, Pastor wasn't able to get his Livestream to work so we missed out Thursday night. He should have recorded the two sermons on Sunday (yesterday) so maybe we can watch them eventually. We still have limited data so can't watch videos right now. Starlink is still not fixed where we have unlimited data. We're hoping to get a replacement set of hardware for our Starlink soon (Starlink is mobile satellite Internet). So sorry to hear that your pain relief sometimes doesn't work. Hugs.

Linda, you are right, travelling in a towed van is illegal. Sometimes I feel like getting in the car with my pjs still on though (but I don't). Lol! Having IBS makes early morning starts hardfor me. I often have to get Col to pull over for me and at least we have our own bathroom to walk back to! 🙃 I hope the sodium is washed out soon along with all the extra fluid it is making you retain. Glad you got your sofa bed moved OK.

Marilyn, that is wisdom. I try to practice it. My mind often hangs on to things and brings up old stuff endlessly when I try to sleep. Praying about those things helps.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    gizsj4bw3ui5.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Marilyn - This information is very helpful to understand what you are doing to keep your kidneys stable or reverse the failure. There seems to be a lot more to avoid than you can eat. It probably would be helpful for us all to not eat large quanities of the "avoid" group to keep our kidneys healthy. I have had part of one of my kidneys removed due to cancer so I have less kidney tissue to use than is normal. I need to drink more water to keep the toxins, expecially sodium, moving out of my body. Our kidneys are miraculous organs that do their job silently. We need to treat them with the respect they deserve.

Susan - having IBS while traveling is not a good thing. At least you do have your own bathroom to use. I have had several times while traveling that my IBS decided to make it's self known and that can be very difficult when there are not many rest stops in the mountain areas. I have all ways made it to the closest one but it is miserable having to wait to get to a rest stop.

Judith - I hope you are feeling better today. I am praying for your pain to ease. I wish I could take on your pain for a few hours to let you get some rest. I can't imagine what you are going through. I pray that you feel Jesus always at your side encouraging you and wrapping his arms around you.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, so sorry you have IBS too. It is hard waiting, isn't it. Sometimes we can't safely pull over on the roads for ages. I didn't know you had had cancer and had to have part of your kidney removed either. 😕 Glad they got it in time. Are you a few years post Op? I hope all is well.

Marilyn, you are wise to keep up to date with everything that will help your kidneys. It's good to see.

Judith, thinking of you today with love and prayers.

I am having another IBS day so am staying in. The others are going out.
  • 316Judith
    edited April 16
    Options
    I didn’t know you had Kidney cancer and had part of one removed Linda. And I didn’t know you also had IBS. That’s a tough one. And yes I agree Linda we all should treat our kidneys with respect and also follow the chart Marilyn put out on healthy food to eat and avoid those things that are on the list. Linda, hope you are able to flush out the excess sodium that has built up in your system. Trust you are feeling better today.

Susan, so sorry you were having an episode of IBS but glad you have your own bathroom you can use when travelling on the road. IBS is not pleasant to have, I don’t have it but have had friends over the years that do. I have watched them suffer over the years. My heart goes out to them and to you Susan and Linda. And just looking at the camp site picture Susan, lovely picture of the camp area where you are parked. So glad you got a good spot and you got one of the few remaining powered spots. Good News! My prayers are with you Susan that you will feel better today! Sorry you were not able to listen to the Live Stream Services but hope your Pastor gets it posted online soon.

Marilyn, thank you for sharing these charts of food that is good for our Kidneys and the ones to avoid, that last chart sure had a huge “avoid” foods listed. Hope you are doing well, my prayers are with you.

It’s late so this gal is off to bed! It’s 12:25am Tuesday morning. Up again as earlier Monday evening I was struggling with fatigue and fell asleep. Ready for bed again. Good Nite God Bless you all… 😴🛌❤️🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    hdkgyvr9jf31.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Susan - My IBS has slowed down some so I do not have it as often as I did. I found that the stress of my job was causing a lot of the problems. Different foods can also trigger it so I am careful to avoid those foods. My cancer surgery was in 2020. The doctor said he got it all and I did not have to have any radiation or chemo. It was hanging on the bottom of the kidney, (he said "like grapes"), so I am so glad we caught it early. I had CT scans and chest x-rays for 5 years but I am now declaired cancer free and do not need to go back to the kidney doctor unless I have a problem.

Judith - I am praying for your doctors apointments tomorrow. I forgot to thank you for your recipe you posted several days ago. I believe I have had that dish and it was delicious.

Marilyn - I am glad that you are doing better. I assume you were able to reschedule your fistula for later since you were so sick for so long with the cold. Thanks for the reminder that we are not doing things on our own but it is Christ who gives us strength to be strong in our trials.

We had a good Bible study this morning. We were discussing I Corinthians 13 among other scriptures. When I exchange the word "love" for my name (ie Linda is patient, Linda is kind, etc) I can see that I have a ways to go before I can exemplify pure and unconditional love. I praise God that I am growing in this and hopefully people can tell this as they see me.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Hello friends! A quick post from the Adelaide Hills today. I feel better and we are going to see about exchanging Starlink. The guy in the store suggested we try a few things first then bring it back if it still didn't work, so that's what we're doing. I get to see some of Adelaide too. Yay!

Reception is poor in the Hills. Hopefully will chat more tomorrow. We move on to Wirrabara tomorrow...
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Marilyn, I so love this verse and it is a great reinforcer that it is Christ who gives me strength!

Linda, happy you liked that recipe. Your Bible Study in 1 Corinthians 13 is a chapter I so love to study. The things you shared are all so true for us all. I am Praising God you were declared Cancer Free after you had the surgery to remove your kidney. God is Good and He is Mighty! Praise the Lord!

Susan let us know how Starlink is after trying it out. Look forward to when you have better reception to post more! So glad you are enjoying touring the places in Adelaide; safe travels as you move onto to Wirrabara tomorrow! Enjoy and
    God Bless!

I am in Vancouver tomorrow all day for a follow up and procedures at Cancer Clinic! I so appreciate everyone’s prayers! See you tomorrow night, will update you then! ❤️🙏
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    06zhpcfyh63h.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I am not going to be on here very long today. We are going to our property in the mountains to check on the snow level and check our trailor before we move it for the Summer. I have had a good birthday so far and it will only get better! I love to go up in the mountains where it is peaceful.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Hello! We're off to Wirrabara today. It will take more than 3 hours then we'll have to set up. Adelaide is a beautiful city and we enjoyed our day there. Had excellent service from Harvey Norman's and came back with a new box if Starlink, the next version up!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!! 🎉🎈🎉

🙏 for you Judith

Marilyn, another good graphic!

Bumpy road. Stopping here.

Adelaide Convention Centre
    xgvgq4jz0rgd.jpg

Adelaide, city of churches

alzqpp50tm1p.jpg

Tree on side of road in the city

vcux5mjv1r9g.jpg