Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,710 Member
    Happy Tuesday

Daily Affirmation for Tuesday July 9, 2024 - I Honor Diversity. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.—Brene Brown
    I AM: The faith I have in myself always takes me far in life.
    Action for Happiness: Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them.
    Happy Pina Coloda Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Champions keep playing until they get it right.—Billie Jean King
    Day 191 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.98 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-1PM so getting in my 1 mile/45 min walk at work, Custom Bench/Squat Day in the gym, Upper + Spine and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,871 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Just stopping to say hi this morning. I have a job interview this afternoon. So I am hoping that will go well.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,696 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    58hll4kiroy2.jpg
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 7,513 Member
    I sent invitations to the Rain Dancer Summer 2024 Team this evening. Please look for your invitation.
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Time is more than money. Time is life.—Thich Nhat Hanh
    I AM: I have been through so much but I am still standing.
    Action for Happiness: Look for something positive in a difficult situation.
    Happy World Population Day!!!!
    Happy Free Slurpee Day if you have a local 7-11 see if they still do offer free Slurpee on 7-11.
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.—Simone Biles
    Day 192 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 8.11 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting my 1 mile/45 min AM Walk at work, Modified Overhead Press Day at home after work, Pliability Warrior Routine: Hermione and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,995 Member
    edited July 11
    Good morning everyone!

First the good news!

My brother is doing well and recovering from his heart surgery.

Not such good news!
    I hesitate to put this in writing. Yesterday for dinner I did something I should have known better of doing and did it anyway. It's a little bit like 20/ 20 hind sight, or a thought that floats much to fast and you find yourself doing it anyway and not pausing. So here goes...
    I had frozen hamburger patties in the freezer. Trying to get them apart to thaw a bit for cooking them. I could not break them apart and tried several ways. Finally, I took my paring knife and yes, you probably can guess what happened next. It worked alright, I thought my fingers were out of the way, of course! Sliced right into my baby finger, almost cutting it right off! My heart rate just spiked writing about it! I went into hysterics. I'm so thankful for my DH being near! He calmed me down and I took some deep breaths to calm myself down and stopped crying. We discussed for about a minute to head to the ER. I was complimented for doing a good job stopping the bleeding and for having a good attitude. But I beat myself up enough in my head! I had a great doctor stitch me up and I praised him and the nurses for the great job and fixing me up.
    I didn't sleep very good but am planning on more throughout the day. I won't be able to do anything physical except to walk in place while watching TV, unless my hand starts to throb. I'm sure I could add more however, it's getting to be a long post!
    This is all a good reminder to myself and others to think about using knives on frozen food. Food safety!

• macrat12
    Cross posting to both airport lounge threads

Insight Timer Quote: By reacting to aggression with aggression we lose the opportunity to spiritually benefit from the experience.—Kyriacos C. Markides
    I AM: I believe in my ability to achieve everything I long for.
    Action for Happiness: Write your worries down and save them for a specific ‘worry time’
    Happy Pecan Pie Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Carl Lewis
    Day 193 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.16 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 1 mile AM walk before breakfast, Hypertrophy Deadlift Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Little Benders and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • chansen_2000
    chansen_2000 Posts: 260 Member
    Hi All. I can't wait until we start this summer challenge. I'm trying to get back my before vacation routine, walking, writing everything down and working. Since I've made the decision to cut back some, I'm only working 3 days a week, instead of 7 days. I'm enjoying the "days off." I do so many other things, it 's nice to feel guilty about doing them on a day I'm not working. I hope this works out, I still have over 100 tax returns to complete (all extensions), and will eventually get them all done. With this new "schedule" I hope not to be tired all the time. This is only the 2nd week of the "schedule", so we'll see how it goes.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,538 Member
    Hugs to you @aalley5 ❤️ That sounds pretty bad.
  • aalley5
    Thanks @BodyTalking - last night I almost passed out while changing the dressing. Today is much better. I noticed there are 6 stitches. I'd say I'm lucky and grateful. :)
  • Kurtize
    @aalley5 glad brother is doing better

Happy Friday all.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,871 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is a relax day for me other than getting the last couple of loads of laundry done this morning. I think it is going to be a good day. My Mom did ask for help packing her craft room. They are moving and they just found out their bid on a new home was accepted. So now she is going to start packing things up.

@aalley5 - I hope you feel better soon. I know it had to be shocking to realize it was 6 instead of 4 stitches.
    @chansen_2000 - I hope you won't be tired all the time as well. That is a lot of tax returns still left to do. I hope you are able to enjoy sone of your time off.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday,

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Fear may come true that which one is afraid of.—Viktor Frankl
    I AM: I see the many good things that have entered my life.
    Action for Happiness: Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation.
    Happy French Fry Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Gold metals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.—Dan Gable
    Day 194 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.57 miles yesterday.
    Work 10AM-4PM so getting my 1 mile walk in before breakfast, Pliability: Back Side after church and 60 min walk this afternoon before leaving work.
  • aalley5
    Good morning!

Everyday is getting better. I managed another workout without moving my left arm too much.

@Tabatha_Cain, yes it was. TY!
    a2l9ipqz7mjz.png
  • Kurtize
    Best wishes all on starting new summer challenge - We can do it.

f91qoecc2pfm.png