Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,997 Member
    @laurelfit57 Watching young kids play sports is pretty adorable, I can just imagine! I'm glad you took Vannie in just in case, better to be wrong and still have her. I hope Ty enjoys swimming I want to see a pic of that!

@19shmoo69 Happy anniversary, good-looking couple! Your wife is beautiful!

@DrewsAnna Getting a great amount of veggies in! Great job on not saying screw it!

@trooworld You look gorgeous! Sounds like a fun night, I love you hitting it off with this couple I hope you do all get together again. Is the shot starting to help? I asked the cashier at Trader Joe's about the pumpkin seeds and they're waiting for them to come in. I was saying how I wanted to sprinkle pumpkin seeds on my butternut squash soup and realized I could just roast my butternut squash seeds too. Sometimes making the plunge and buying tickets to something is the only way to do it, I tend to want to stay home right before things too.

@baodell17724 What will you be doing for the 5% challenge? I tried to investigate but didn't want to join another group, let us know if we can do anything to support you.

@Cornanda I can only imagine how tough that trip was for you. I hope the seeds grow too.

@TeresaW2024 Yes the garden bed is just for me, I'm not planting new winter veggies here because of those darn deer. Hope the haircut goes well! Good luck dealing with the bank it does sound like their mistake. What a beautiful kids you have in your life!

@morenin Woohoo you're doing awesome!

@micaroo4 What time should I come for dinner you're making some delicious food!

Hi team! I'm exhausted from the plant sale, it went real well and I'm loving getting to know the garden club members more. I picked up stuff for two people then got my own, with it being in the 100s I have it all in the shade on the side of the house for now and am praying the deer don't find it! I drove a bunch of plants over to the president's house, she's going to deliver packages of plants to school gardens with all the leftovers. Tomorrow I'm planning to work in my own garden I have a lot of seeds to collect. My blood sugar is on the high side of normal in the mornings which is new for me and helping me get back on track, I definitely don't want to need medication again. Have a great Sunday!
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 916 Member
    ps3bfihhc5kx.jpg

Hey guys, do you have a treadmill and use the PitPat run app? I’m looking for players to join me possibly with a few other people for some friendly fun competition. If you use the PitPat app, live in the United States ( preferably in an area that runs on Eastern time, but not necessary ), and are interested in playing multiplayer PK on PitPat for a 0.5 to 1-mile walk/jog, let me know. I’ll discuss the time and days once I get a confirmation someone is interested in joining. Thanks.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 137 Member
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    ps3bfihhc5kx.jpg

Hey guys, do you have a treadmill and use the PitPat run app? I’m looking for players to join me possibly with a few other people for some friendly fun competition. If you use the PitPat app, live in the United States ( preferably in an area that runs on Eastern time, but not necessary ), and are interested in playing multiplayer PK on PitPat for a 0.5 to 1-mile walk/jog, let me know. I’ll discuss the time and days once I get a confirmation someone is interested in joining. Thanks.

I've not heard of PitPat, I'm installing it now to look at it. I definitely can't run, but I can walk!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,961 Member
    Good morning Slimpossibles!

@Katmary71 - the soup is delicious, and the bread is scrumptious! Rich says I never make the same recipe twice, because I never write anything down. But this time, I did write it all down, so I can make again if I want. But I'm already thinking of other ways to make the bread, with different mix-ins. And don't worry about @baodell17724, he's on my team on the 5% challenge, so I'll look after him! Coincidentally, we are also called Mission Slimpossibles on the 5% challenge, but it's not related to the Fat 2 Fit group. If you ever want to try the 5% Challenge, the reporting "requirements" are not too difficult. It's a once per week weigh-in, and you post your exercise minutes daily along with your points score for the challenge of the week (the challenge of the week is determined by the group admin). The goal is to lose 5% of your body weight in 8 weeks. There are 4 challenges per year, so there's a 4 week gap between challenges, and then a 1 week "practice week" before the actual challenge begins, so everyone gets accustomed to how they are supposed to record their daily scores.

-Mica

• lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 916 Member
    @morenin you need a certain treadmill to use PitPat and need to use WiFi/bluetooth. If you can use it and like it let me know if you are interested in joining my group Pks. There are other options on the app as well. You can go on different courses and walk/run/jog whatever you can do and there are challenges where you can possibly win money ( not much but some ) The app is a good motivator to workout on the treadmill.
    I've not heard of PitPat, I'm installing it now to look at it. I definitely can't run, but I can walk!

• baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 125 Member
    edited October 6
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @baodell17724 What will you be doing for the 5% challenge? I tried to investigate but didn't want to join another group, let us know if we can do anything to support you.

Thank you! For the 5% challenge, I will pretty much keep on doing what I've been doing because so far I've been consistently losing weight every week. But whatever we are told we need to do by our leaders, I will definitely do! LOL I'm peddling 2 hours a day. I hadn't known how long I was since I count the pedals for my "10,000 steps" because I can't stand looking at the clock, and with my MS brain plaque I need the concentration effort (even so, with my occasional 'brain fog' I'll forget and have to start over, which isn't a bad thing for exercise)! LOL

I've been reading a chapter in 2 books by the same author for the 'Living the Good Life' portion. The first is "Mini Habits for Weight Loss". The second is "Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results" both books by Stephen Guise. The SECOND book goes more into the 'theory' and reasons how to make good habits that last indefinitely. They've been very helpful!

I need to start logging my daily protein at the very least, if I really want to build at least a little muscle to get toned. I do tend to undereat my needed calories now, because I don't log my food intake, and rely on extra vitamins from supplements.

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 261 Member
    @trooworld I’m glad you had fun listening to the band and made some new friends. What a great-looking stage! Were people dancing? :)

@19shmoo69 Happy Anniversary! Great picture, and your wife is beautiful. I love her hair!! :)

@laurelfit57 Yikes, what a scare with the Tylenol and poor Vannie having to have her stomach pumped. Joe dropped one of his pills yesterday, and I had to crawl around looking for it, worried Maggie would find it first. Six-year-old hockey sounds like the cutest thing ever! :)

@Katmary71 Wow, that is a lot of work for all those plants! I thought your weather would be cooling off by now. Why do you think your blood sugar is higher than normal? You need a break from all that hard work. :)

Good morning! Yesterday, I worked on the decluttering challenge and reorganized my bedroom home office. I have a large IKEA desk, a tall shelf of four cabinets, eight small drawers, and four open cubbies on which I put books and pretty things. It’s now clean and has improved functionality. We will see how long it lasts. :D Nothing is going on today besides church this morning. Maybe I will find something else to declutter. Have a great day! :)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 594 Member
    @micaroo4 I would love to join the 5% challenge, I think I signed up but can't figure out where to go from there. Can I be on your team or are they randomly assigned?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 244
    C. W. 243
  • 19shmoo69
    What is the 5% challenge? I looked through the thread and didn’t see anything.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    @865jessica Congrats on the loss!

@DrewsAnna What a great NSV!

@19shmoo69 What a beautiful couple! Congrats on your anniversary! Congrats on the loss, btw. I think the 5% challenge is in another group/thread/forum but I'll let the ones in it tell you.

@laurelfit57 Aww, thanks! :D Yeah that venue is gorgeous. I felt like I stepped back into the 20s or 30s. Oh gosh, I would have thought the same thing about the pill. You did the right thing. Sounds like the grandkids had fun. I hope Ty does well at her lesson today!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I doubt we will do anything with that couple (even though I want to) because my husband's phone might as well be a paperweight for all he uses it and they have his number lol. I should have given them MINE. My doctor said the shot will take up to a week to work so no, not helping yet. I hope it does work, it may not. Oh that's creative but I hope it works and you get to enjoy that perfect fall soup. I'm glad the plant sale went well and you enjoyed it. I hope you can get your blood sugar under control again. Do you know why it crept up?

@lislisa123 That looks interesting. I do not use a treadmill but I hope you find some people.

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! There are tables to left and to the right and also way in front of the dance floor and yes, lots of people ended up dancing. We didn't: I think we didn't want to lose our table even though that couple was there. After we left, my husband said, "Did you want to dance?" and I said yes and he said he did, too. For a second, I thought we would go back for their 2nd set but no, we did not lol. Good job with the decluttering! I hope you have a nice Sunday.

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday. It started with a disappointment: I attempted to go to water aerobics but when I got there, all the parking was taken up (even the street parking!) so I couldn't go. :( I won't go back to that location again unless I go really early. On a whim, I stopped and got Chick-fil-A for me and my DH. We'd never had it before but the line wasn't long today (like usually it is) so I stopped through the drive-through. When I paid, the cashier handed me this $10 gift card and said, "The lady ahead of you wanted you to have this." It was so sweet and touched me. I have of course heard of random acts of kindness but never have been the recipient of one until yesterday. Today, I am going to put up my Halloween decorations and then going to meet my former manager and a coworker at a cat cafe.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
    45g5weefcvor.jpg
    1hfk2frhzqvu.jpg

• morenin
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    @morenin you need a certain treadmill to use PitPat and need to use WiFi/bluetooth. If you can use it and like it let me know if you are interested in joining my group Pks. There are other options on the app as well. You can go on different courses and walk/run/jog whatever you can do and there are challenges where you can possibly win money ( not much but some ) The app is a good motivator to workout on the treadmill.

Aw, rats. Oh well, I do not have the right one.
  • morenin
    Username: morenin
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday

SW: 255
    PW: 215.2
    CW: 210.1
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 205 Member
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:226
    CW: 226.4
  • morenin
    Had a scale victory and a non-scale victory today. I finally hit my mini-goal of 210 lb. My new mini-goal is 200! And my size 18 pants are starting to fall off if I don't cinch them tightly enough!
  • micaroo4
    Just a quick post - I'm not sure if the 5% Challenge is still accepting members for the Fall Challenge. Go to this link, see if you can join the group, and then look for the instructions:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/147090-2024-5-fall-challenge-community-team-we-would-love-to-have-you-join-us

As for choosing a team, because they need to keep the teams balanced, I don't know if you will get on Mission Slimpossibles if you request it, but you can try.

-Mica
  • 19shmoo69
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Just a quick post - I'm not sure if the 5% Challenge is still accepting members for the Fall Challenge. Go to this link, see if you can join the group, and then look for the instructions:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/147090-2024-5-fall-challenge-community-team-we-would-love-to-have-you-join-us

As for choosing a team, because they need to keep the teams balanced, I don't know if you will get on Mission Slimpossibles if you request it, but you can try.

-Mica

Thanks for sharing. I have to admit it is a bit confusing. I looked through a few groups but I couldn’t understand what to do or where to go. I did mange to tap on a join button. lol I got that far.

• Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH INS DUE NOW:
    @megnolia82 @txcritter69 @laurelfit57
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop @bobboyardee
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 594 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 148
    CW: 147

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 859 Member
    Megnolia82 weigh in October 6

I’m feeling discouraged. I’m working hard. I can feel and see a difference in my body, especially in how my clothes fit. I have lost a couple inches in the waist. But the scale creeps up.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,524 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    Pardon the delay in posting this, folks! Yesterday spiraled out of my control, but we are all set to go now - thanks for your patience!

d8zzerzteqkb.png
    lby96imbs420.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    yj0xrmyxoskr.png

By Pounds
    aasmcdda62ly.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    uptzz2bhx61r.png

By Pounds
    pknw24sz7ukk.png
    4ccyqb40i056.png

Team Winners
    1bj7zn6imtfe.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    1sgunb1rap5t.png
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 125 Member
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    I’m feeling discouraged. I’m working hard. I can feel and see a difference in my body, especially in how my clothes fit. I have lost a couple inches in the waist. But the scale creeps up.

:):):)Celebrate how much better your clothes fit, losing inches, and how you look!!! :):):)
    The number on the scale is just that, a number, and really should be of less importance. Fluctuations in weight occur when we eat processed food (my weight went up today because I ate a package burrito last night!) or we don't drink enough water to flush salt out of our system! That's why I weigh myself every day (I know many folks have a good health reasons, not to do this), so I can keep my weight in check, because of past problems with severe edema.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 3rd place! A special shout out goes to @bobboyardee @txcritter69 and @865jessica for leading the way!

@morenin Congrats on the loss and the NSV!

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss! What makes you fall off in the second half of the day? Ty definitely did not want to go into the water in the first video lol. But she got it in the second! That's great she did so well. Thanks for sharing.

@megnolia82 Hang in there and try to concentrate on your NSVs. The scale will eventually cooperate if you are eating well and exercising.

Hi all. I put up some Halloween decorations but I need to do a lot more. I just haven't had time. Next year, I will start in September. I met my coworker and my old boss at the cat cafe, it was nice to see the kitties play. I only stayed an hour since it was so far from my house (45 mins), I had to get back to get ready for today.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 261 Member
    @trooworld That is so cool that you received an act of kindness during your first Chick-fil-A trip. So, what did you get to eat? Did you try the fries? If you dip them in Chick-fil-A sauce, they go to the next level of yum! :D

@morenin Wahhoooo on your NSV and scale victories! You will be in Onderland before you know it! :)

@laurelfit57 Why do you think your eating falls apart later in the day? Are you getting enough to eat the first half of the day? I think you get tired from all your activities and don’t have a strong enough plan in place, so your resolve crumbles. You will figure it out! :) Love the videos! Ty is so stinking cute!! <3

Good morning! My online journal sent me a notice that I became my church’s secretary eight years ago. Re-reading the journal entry was bittersweet because Joe and I were so busy and active in the church. I taught kids and co-led women’s ministry, and Joe was an active deacon and head of finance. So much has changed, and now I’m constantly stressing whether I can continue my secretary duties as Joe increasingly becomes dependent on me. I’m trusting God to guide us along the way. I’m staying home and will do a chest and biceps workout today. I will also probably mop my hardwoods since it’s been a while. Have a great day! :)

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member
    OH MY! I must have hit the Save Draft button instead of the Post Reply button. It was still in the comments box.

Weigh In Sunday: October 6
    SW 175
    PW 166.4
    CW 168.8

Was a bad week eating. My Birthday was this past Wednesday so it was a week of eating out with family and friend.
    This week I will be strongly focusing on eating right and doing my workouts. I hope to see some great results this next week.
  • micaroo4
    If you want to join the 5% Challenge, first go to the link I posted earlier, and JOIN.

Then go to this thread
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924890/all-team-invitations-have-been-sent-post-only-here-if-you-have-not-received-your-invitation/p2
    Post a message to Ceriusly1 (use the @) and request to be assigned to a team. To receive the invitation, I think you have to "friend" the team leaders so you can receive MFP-mail messages from them. The teams are "private", so you can only join by invitation.

I know it's complicated. Once you get started in the challenge, it's pretty simple. The joining is the hard part.

-Mica
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 416 Member
    @micaroo4 I tried to join, but I'm not sure if I did it right.
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE LOG WEIGH IN NOW
    : @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop @bobboyardee
    Reminder To Log Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @FushiaKat
  • Katmary71
    @micaroo4 I think I tried that group before not sure why I didn't stick with it. The more help the better thanks for helping everyone get there. That's funny about Mission Slimpossibles there too (like a parallel reality or something!), did you and Baodell meet there or here?

@txcritter69 Oh no I'm glad you'd saved it and didn't lose this post! Happy belated birthday awesome Libra! There's a lot of us here! I'm looking forward to seeing some great results for you next week too.

@TeresaW2024 I'm sorry your entry was bittersweet, one bright note to look at is how you've been helping your church so much being secretary this long. I hope it will be something you'll be able to continue as well. As for blood sugar I'm up 15lbs since surgery and haven't been eating too good but have done better the last few days, blood sugar was 106 this morning so it's working thank goodness.

@trooworld Love that Act of Kindness finding it's way to you! I'm curious like @TeresaW2024 what did you get? Oh I hope you show us your decorations! I put up some fall stuff but seem to have lost by Halloween gnomes. Are the kittens adoptable? I would have a hard time not bringing one home! My blood sugar went up because I haven't gotten my weight down since surgery and have been eating too much crap! That stinks about the parking lot being full how disappointing.

@bobboyardee @txcritter69 @865jessica Congratulations top winners of the week!

Go Mission Slimpossibles in 3rd Place for the Week!

@megnolia82 Hugs to you that's so frustrating! @baodell17724 had great advice!

@laurelfit57 OMG Ty is LOVING it swimming around at the end, love it! What are you thinking of trying?

@19shmoo69 Are you going to do the 5% challenge now that you've joined?

@morenin Congratulations on your mini goal being achieved! You're doing amazing!

@baodel117724 That's awesome the 5% challenge is working so well for you. I vaguely remember trying that group when I joined here in 2019. I haven't heard of Stephen Guise sounds like good books! Our old motivator loved James Clear and BJ Fogg., check them out if you haven't I think you'd enjoy them. Funny I keep thinking I put an extra “l” in your name and deleting it then realize it's a one!

Think I'm all caught up! I went to the farm this morning and did the last basil harvest of the year then finished The Phoenix Crown (Kate Quinn). I made some chicken enchiladas for myself since I didn't have much leftover from last week but had leftover ingredients then went on Facebook for awhile and discovered my last boyfriend will be at the concert I'm going to Thursday with his new girlfriend. Not thrilled about it but at least it's not me listening to him drone on about himself right? I'm hoping we don't run into him. Our Bible Study group got super small because we're stretching it out longer than scheduled and that lost a lot of people but I'm still enjoying it and love the members. I need to get to sleep have to straighten up and get some work and shopping done tomorrow (getting snacks and sandwich stuff so we don't spend a fortune in Reno). Have a great Tuesday!