Like Minded Lushes - February 2012

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Happy 25th SoCal!!! That's amazing :smile:

Fiancé and I pretty much had our Valentine's dinner out this past Saturday as Saturday's are our "bad" day. This Saturday we're having dinner at his parents because his youngest sister is home for a visit from college. He won't be too late tonight but I would imagine we will just have one of "our" nights where we make dinner and watch a movie. We have a whole bottle of presecco but I want to be good and try to stick to my new plan of action. Now, if HE wanted to open it and celebrate then I would definitely have some haha.

Sunday - 1 glass off red
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0 unless my fiancé wants to open the prosecco or have some red :heart:
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sounds sooooooooo yummy!

Hubs and I are going out tonight with other couples and friends! Not sure if there will be drinks tonight, but it wouldn't surprise me. I will definitely try to limit myself to 2. Since I had a total cheat weekend I feel kinda guilty about tonight - we are eating Italian...yum!

SoCal - Happy 25th!! That is amazing. :drinker:

Good luck to everyone this week on their goals! Happy Valentine's Day!:heart:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I are lame....nothing special planned for tonight...but, I love him anyway :love:

Kat, you can do it...I have totally been able to cut back to one or two days...it's not forever, just until the dress fits perfect

Kris, no way I could go for Italian and not drink...I order my own bottle while hubs drinks mixed drinks :blushing:

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Total: 0 drinks

Anyway, Happy VD everyone...
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Hubs and I are lame....nothing special planned for tonight...but, I love him anyway :love:

Kat, you can do it...I have totally been able to cut back to one or two days...it's not forever, just until the dress fits perfect

Kris, no way I could go for Italian and not drink...I order my own bottle while hubs drinks mixed drinks :blushing:

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Total: 0 drinks

Anyway, Happy VD everyone...

That's the thing, I know it'll fit no matter what because of the style. I mostly want to lose the weight to get back to my normal size, the dress is good motivation though, but more motivation to really focus on my weight lifting so that my arms look awesome =] The dress just laces so it can either go tighter or loosen up a bit. No way I'll need to loosen it though, at the rate I'm going, I'll need to tighten it! Restraining from the booze seems easier now, I know that I lose more when I cut back and it really hit me as to why that is the case so that helps. Plus when I cut back then I really enjoy my wine or what have you when I do have it and ... no hangovers :smile:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Happy 25th SoCal!! That is wonderful!
    Dot you are doing well!!
    Chloe, Kblue dinner sounds fantastic!

Thank you Dot, nisijam, and yvonne for your comments Sat.; it is amazing.

So Sat I did have 3) 1oz tequila and diet 7up. Zero Sunday, Monday and today. That's starting to be a record! :laugh: Have been walking for the last 4 days. Woohoo!!

:heart: Happy Valentine's Day!! Love yourself first! Then your honey! :heart:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    crazycat, I'm glad the hypnosis is working for you!

I've been hypnotized once...but it was part of a show and I clucked like a chicken on stage and danced like a fool. :ohwell:
    He did give me some suggestions after though, to help with stress. I came away verrrry relaxed.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary SoCal! Sounds like you were hypnotized at a Renaissance Fair show :)

Crazycat - Thanks for sharing about your hypnosis. I find it fascinating.

I haven't been on here lately because I quit drinking..... just for the remainder of February. Last drink was Superbowl Sunday. It's been over a week and I want one bad, but I am going to remain strong and sip on my boring Fresca.

Good news though, I adopted a rescue puppy and she will be here tomorrow night. I am so excited!

Happy Valentines Lushes!!:heart::drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Well, it was an absolutely amazing Valentine's night. Fiancé came home, worked out and then we ordered chicken pad thai, had prosecco and watched Crazy, Stupid, Love. By far the best romantic comedy I have ever seen. Where I wasn't 15 like Steve was in the movie, I have been in love with the same man since I was 17 years old and this time next year, we will have been husband and wife for 4 months :heart: I could not be happier right now and can't even begin to comprehend how lucky I am to have found the man I am going to be with for the rest of my life. Sure sometimes wondering what it would be like to have been a single girl and see the possibilities crosses my mind but then I see my friends who haven't found their "Kyle" yet and I am instantly reminded of how amazingly lucky I am to have found my Kyle :smile:

Alright, enough sappy crap, jeez, I'm not even a sappy kind of girl! Guess engagements will do this to a girl haha. Anyway, hope all of my lovely lushes had a wonderful day/night, you all deserve it :heart:

Time for this lush to take her fiancé and herself to bed, Back and Biceps tomorrow!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy 25th So Cal. thats awesome

DH and I didn't do anything. he did by me a rose. so sweet. I have been packing this morning and I am off to the airport shortly. I have done well this week even though I did have something every day it was a lot less something than usual. Catch you all later from Vegas!!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Robin-safe travels!
    Crazycat-awesome about the hypnosis
    Kat-yes engagements will do that
    SoCal-hope your dinner was amazing last night
    Wolf-good luck with the new puppy and great job on the sobriety

Last night was super delicious...I could eat steak everyday, LOVE IT!!!!
    I picked up a nice bottle of wine last night and we split it also had 4oz of port with our chocolate mousse dessert.
    So....
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-1/2 bottle of wine and 4oz of port
    Wednesday-0...think I had enough last night, I should be good tonight........:huh:
  • razfabulous
    Options
    Aw, Happy Anniversary a little late!

Against everybody's advice I went out drinking Friday with nothing in my stomach but kale chips, popcorn and M&Ms. (We took my 2 year old to the movie first.) I only had a few drinks, maybe 4, but they were pretty strong and it didn't bode well for my Saturday. I met my first goal weight due to dehydration and an inability to eat for the entire next day. I lost 6 pounds but I would gladly take it back to have my Saturday with my kids back. :(

I didn't drink again until last night and I only had two small glasses of wine and that was mostly so I wouldn't hurt my boyfriend's feelings. We don't do much for Valentine's Day usually but he had to work and he wanted to relax after work and watch our show together. On our show they always drink wine so he bought us wine. Then our show wasn't on so we drank it while we watched The Daily Show. haha

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day, whether you celebrated alone or with someone else.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0 (although I did have 3 pieces of candy out of the hubbys vday gift :ohwell: )

Glad to see everyone had a good Valentines Day! I cannot wait for my filet with shrimp on Friday for our romantic dinner in :love:
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    3 hour Italian Dinner did me in... 3 glasses of wine before I cut myself off. Left there and went to bar where I did 3 buttery nipple shots! Good food and great time with hubby and friends. Get this - our meal and my 3 glasses of wine were only $36!!!:bigsmile:

Congrats to all that have been watching their alcohol intake this week.
    Kat - so proud of you!
    Kblue and Chloe - so freaking tasting your steaks!! YUMMY
    Wolf - great job and good luck!
    Robin - have a safe and fun trip!

Think I can manage zeros until Friday...at least I am gonna try!:drinker:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - 1 shot of jack , 1 shot of jagger and 8 beers ( over a 6 hour period)
    Wensday - woke up this morning with a fever runny / stuffy nose no voice and generalized maliase feeling. there will be no drink for my until Sat. I know my job is gonna send me home early cause they dont want me to breath on them lol. Think I'm just gonna drink my water and tylenol and veg on the couch. Unfortunitly this is the second week in a row I wont be albe to work out :grumble: :cry: ThankfullyI havent seen any weight increase but I'm feeling sluggish
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - 1 shot of jack , 1 shot of jagger and 8 beers ( over a 6 hour period)
    Wensday - woke up this morning with a fever runny / stuffy nose no voice and generalized maliase feeling. there will be no drink for my until Sat. I know my job is gonna send me home early cause they dont want me to breath on them lol. Think I'm just gonna drink my water and tylenol and veg on the couch. Unfortunitly this is the second week in a row I wont be albe to work out :grumble: :cry: ThankfullyI havent seen any weight increase but I'm feeling sluggish
    take ibuprofen, tylenol is really bad for your liver if you drink-not that you are drinking and taking tylenol, but still...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    V-Day dinner was so good, DH made Lobster Thermidor! I never have had it before, it was tasty. Dessert was where all the calories were, though, chocolate croissants, and a bottle of Apothica Red, it's a really nice CA red varietal, only $10.
    Wolf, what kind of rescue pup did you get? take pics!
    I feel a little rough today, could've used more sleep.
    Robin, have fun in Vegas!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Super busy board this morning....

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0 (working 3 to 11)

Tomorrow, will be probably be a zero so that I can weigh in for another contest on Friday. Two contests is really cramping my style. I am def. drinking on Friday & Saturday. Sunday, I will be boring again.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sunday, I will be boring again.

You could never :wink:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Broke my streak again...

Sunday...0
    Monday...0
    Tuesday...3 shots of vodka. (to chase a percocet...I had a migraine from HELL!)
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Sunday - 1 glass of red
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - bottle of prosecco with my fiancé and one glass of white
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - maybe 0 but who knows haha

Finished off my thai today, I'm sure there is loads of sodium and I don't want to have that tomorrow because I know it will mess with weigh in day on Friday. Probably won't eat the rest of the day but if I do get hungry, it'll be veggies! Getting lots of water today to flush the sodium out. Sunday will officially start the new plan and there won't be an celebratory holidays which will make it easy haha.

Have a great time Mama Lush!
    And thanks Kris, guess we've learned real moderation =]