Check in

Options

Replies

• todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    L2D2

Holy impossible plank poses! UGH!! That plank push up is HARD. I really hope by Day 5-7 I can do this better.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    L1D7 done!!!
    Think I might move up to L2 this weekend- technically it will only be 8 days on L1, but the weekend is a better time to up the workout (no soreness to deal with at work- and I don't have to do it at 5am in the morning!) I can do all of L1 without stopping (even doing extra while Jillian and the girls wait to move on to the next move) and I'm at 8lb weights for everything except the side lunges. Haven't made a definate decision yet, we'll see
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    L1D8 finished! I starting using a mirror just to make sure my knees weren't going over my feet on squats and lunges. I think using the mirror actually made me squat and lunge lower -- ouch!

I'm up for Ripped in 30 after this. I tried once before and didn't complete it. I would love to give it another shot!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    L1D8 completed.... I am ready for L2, but I'm going to wait and work the program. I will increase the weight again tomorrow. Curiosity finally took over and I decided to weight myself (I was going to wait to the end of day 30) and guess what....the damn scale broke...so I'm going to have to wait until the weekend. I am curious how is everyone doing....
  • leah02
    leah02 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2...a little behind you guys, but I was finally able to start on Wednesday. But so glad I started! Looking forward to day 7 and feeling stronger. I have Ripped in 30 and was already planning on doing it in April. My husband and I started it December but then I sprained my foot really bad and I have only recently been able to exercise again.
  • alexandrahrah
    Options
    Just joining here! I've been doing 30DS for almost two weeks now, on L2D3 today so I'm a couple days ahead but I'd love to join!
    Did measurements today and noticed I'm down an inch off my hips and two off my waist, and can actually SEE my upper ab muscles forming, I love it!

The plank exercises in L2 kill me though, is anyone else having trouble there? I'm getting blisters where my palm meets my wrist and they really hurt :( any suggestions?
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone so I just joined the group but I actually started 30DS on March 1st. Tomorrow is Day 9! I don't know about everyone else but I am actually looking forward to Level 2. I'm looking forward to something different! Hope everyone is doing great!
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Just joining here! I've been doing 30DS for almost two weeks now, on L2D3 today so I'm a couple days ahead but I'd love to join!
    Did measurements today and noticed I'm down an inch off my hips and two off my waist, and can actually SEE my upper ab muscles forming, I love it!

The plank exercises in L2 kill me though, is anyone else having trouble there? I'm getting blisters where my palm meets my wrist and they really hurt :( any suggestions?

I hold onto my dumbbells while doing any and all plank / pushup exercises. It's so much easier on my injured wrist. It would take the pressure off where your palm meets your wrist.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'll also started L2 yesterday, and I hated it. I hope I can motivate myself to do it again tonight. I will try the dumbell suggestion. Hopefully that'll help a little. Thanks for the info!
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D8! Tonight I watched level 2.... It does look hard but I'm looking forward to a change... I've been struggling with soreness in my hamstrings so I did a little research. I always thought you were supposed to apply heat to sore muscles (cuz it feels sooo good) but I kept reading that it should be cold! I didn't know that! Stuck some ice packs under my thighs last night and wow! What a difference I felt today! Barely sore!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    L1D8 for me too. I did something to my right shoulder and it's killing me when I have to lift anything so I'm worried about getting through D9 tomorrow with weights. Hopefully, it feels better in the A.M.
  • ninerschick
    ninerschick Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's pretty difficult to gain muscle while in a calorie deficit. Any weight gain is most likely water retention from using your muscles.

thanks for the info very much helpful
  • ninerschick
    ninerschick Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :smile: L1D8 finished feeling great i cant wait till the end of the month to see my results
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    L1 D9 done, one more day to go!!! :tongue:
  • meg121011
    meg121011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am on Level 1 Day 6 today. I'm 5' 7" and 147lbs and would really like to get down to 135-138lbs in time for our honeymoon in June - will doing the 30 day shred alone and eating around 1200 cals a day help me get there or do I need to add in extra cardio? so looking forward to level 2, ready for a change!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    done day 1 of level 2 last nite - didnt get a chance to check in.
    it was well hard but maybe not as bad as i had it in my head that it was gonna be. although i hate the pendulum/squat/curls thing and also the squat and v-raises. was certainly wrecked by the end of the 3rd circuit! but all for a good cause! lol
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done and in the books
    Unfortunately I weighed in this morning and gained a pound :explode: Uggg I know the whole muscle weighs more than fat bit . . . but seeing that scale go up frustrates the hell out of me and makes me think "why am I getting up at 5:30 in the morning to GAIN weight?!"
    Thanks for the vent . . . . I was already thinking about doing Ripped in April would love to join you guys
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am on Level 1 Day 6 today. I'm 5' 7" and 147lbs and would really like to get down to 135-138lbs in time for our honeymoon in June - will doing the 30 day shred alone and eating around 1200 cals a day help me get there or do I need to add in extra cardio? so looking forward to level 2, ready for a change!

A honeymoon, how exciting! Congratulations!!! I'm sure you can drop 10 lbs by June and may not even need to go down to 1200 calories a day.

D9L1 finished, 1 more day!!!
  • thisgirl980
    thisgirl980 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay motivated! Half way through L1.
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    L1D9 completed. I bought a scale last night and I lost 5lbs since beginning the 30DS. I lost 1.5" in the waist and everywhere else is no change. What I'm most proud of is that I'm am truly getting stronger. Ladies.....I can do a push up!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is the last day for L1.....am I going to miss it.....HELL NO!