Workouts

Options

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Burn 2 week 1 = 128 cals

I don't know how you guys burn so many calories with weights. I don't and really miss the calorie burn.
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    BC 3, Week 1... Ooooh that fried my legs! Loved it! Chalean fooled me - I looked at the log sheet prior to the workout, and I was like, "Sweet, no pushups!" And then she did and "extreme" set of pushups... LOL.. But I did the three slowwww pushups (on my knees, still) w/perfect form. I'm definitely getting stronger. Next week, I'm going to try to see if I can do any on my toes :)

214 calories burned :)
  • LPinTheD
    Options
    Burn 2 week 1 = 128 cals

I don't know how you guys burn so many calories with weights. I don't and really miss the calorie burn.

Are you using heavy enough weights to reach failure? Using maxiumum intensity during the movements (slowww.. flexing through the whole move)?

Or maybe you're just in awesome shape, and you won't burn as many as someone like me who's just starting out and weighs over 200#....
  • LPinTheD
    Options
    Just finished CLX Burn 2 and Ab Burner. My arms are so sore, probably because they are so weak. I can really see a difference in my strength from week 1 to 2. My goal is to get off my knees when doing push-ups!

That's my goal, too... On my toes! I'm definitely getting stronger w/knee pushups... but I was doing various Jillian workouts w/pushups in the weeks before I started CLX so I got a jumpstart I guess.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Today was Burn Circuit 2. I was able to go up in weights on nearly all of the exercise. Plus I didn't fall over on the bowler's lunges. Progress!
  • Kincar
    Options

Are you using heavy enough weights to reach failure? Using maxiumum intensity during the movements (slowww.. flexing through the whole move)?

Or maybe you're just in awesome shape, and you won't burn as many as someone like me who's just starting out and weighs over 200#....

Yes, I'm burning the hell out of my muscles. My hamstring's can attest to that.

Definitely not in awesome shape but I have been really addicted to cardio and lighter lifting for the last few months. Maybe that's why???

I previewed Burn Intervals. Whew! A little scarh looking. I'm glad I'd started HIIT workouts a few weeks ago. That gives me hope that I can kind of make it through it.
  • LPinTheD
    Options
    Burn Intervals kicked my butt... But I got through it! What's nice is that she has someone doing modifications for beginners/low impact, which is what helped me survive it, haha..
  • LPinTheD
    Options
    Today was Burn Circuit 2. I was able to go up in weights on nearly all of the exercise. Plus I didn't fall over on the bowler's lunges. Progress!

Yay for you! Yeah, those bowler's lunges are tough, I failed at 10... but I love where they target ;)
  • jdoyle33613
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group. Got my Chalean Extreme in the mail 2 days ago. Took my before pictures and did my fitness test tonight. Will be starting on Monday morning before work. I am also doing Jenny Craig. 4th weigh in this Saturday. I am 5ft 4.5in and starting weight was 152 as of 2/24/12. Will update my weight this Saturday. Looking forward to working hard to get fit:)
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Today was Burn 1. It was good- I love the lunges and an work in this one. Just to burn some calories and try to save my shin, I threw in some p90x kenpo. Total 460 burned.
  • LPinTheD
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group. Got my Chalean Extreme in the mail 2 days ago. Took my before pictures and did my fitness test tonight. Will be starting on Monday morning before work. I am also doing Jenny Craig. 4th weigh in this Saturday. I am 5ft 4.5in and starting weight was 152 as of 2/24/12. Will update my weight this Saturday. Looking forward to working hard to get fit:)

Hi and welcome... I just started last Sunday, and am new to this group too. You're going to love the workouts (I do!)
  • LPinTheD
    Options
    Burn It Off + Recharge...

Burn It Off... First time doing this workout, wow... that was killer. Again, I'm glad that Chalean has low impact mods for some of these moves. Burpees?? Are you kidding me? LOL... Love the speed-skate drills, and the football drill got my heart rate UP there. Great workout... wouldn't expect anything less from Chalean & crew.

Recharge... Loved it... felt soooo good to stretch!! If anyone has been skipping this workout, DON'T! It's really nice.

Calories burned: 275 for both. Not too shabby. :)
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Burn It Off & Ab Burner--316 total

Have a great Thursday everyone! Go Heavy or Go Home!:glasses:
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Burn Intervals today. I am still a little shaky, woo! I am just glad I made it through. I like that I can keep amping up the intensity as my fitness level improves.
  • Kincar
    Options
    Did my first Burn Intervals today. Whew! And ouch! My legs felt very heavy (for lack of a better description). I felt like I couldn't jump like I normally would have. I figure my muscles are still adjusting to lifting heavier weights.

400 calories burned.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday...work got in the way.

Yesterday was Get Lean Intervals - killer! 388 cal

Today was CLX Lean 3 (220) + 10 min incline 10 elliptical (168) 388 cal burned

(hmm, I just noticed I had the same calorie burn both days..interesting)
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Lean 3 Week 3--250 calories Not as much of a calorie burn as I've had before, but I moved up in weights in a couple of exercises. I did 11 push ups ON MY TOES!! (Okay, so not all at once, and not all the way down to the floor, but this is progress for me:wink: )

Happy Friday Everyone!
  • Kincar
    Options
    I did 11 push ups ON MY TOES!! (Okay, so not all at once, and not all the way down to the floor, but this is progress for me:wink: )

Happy Friday Everyone!

Great job! I despise push ups and will really have to force myself to do them on my toes...someday.
  • Callidreamr
    Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've fallen and I can't get up...lol. I fell off the last few days, but with the weekend here, I plan to make up most of my workouts and start my Week 3 of burn by Monday. Boy has it been a busy week. Now I know that isn't a good excuse, but I'm trying to be accountable.
  • Kincar
    Options
    I did BC 3 wk 1 yesterday. Today should be Burn It off & Recharge, but I'm going to skip Burn It Off to give my muscles a break. I'm only a little achey but I want to enjoy cardio again. Tomorrow is a rest day so I will do cardio if it feells good.