What the hell????

Options

Replies

• Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathy
    Weight: 177.7
    Goal: No alcoholic drinks til Friday (so far 3 for 3 :)
    Exercise: Limited - went to Planet Fitness today

Seeing my physical therapist tomorrow, hopefully my doctor called her about working on my achilles tendonities issue. It's been two weeks since I was allowed to exercise and I tried the stationary bike today. No pain!! Icing it as we speak though to make sure it doesn't swell.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Today will just be flat out bad for me. The soda pushed me over the edge. I have logged everything as of 4:30pm.

My son starts baseball and I'm coaching so that'll earn me a few calories but certainly won't save me from already being over my carbs by 80g and a solid 6-pack or so later will only crush those numbers. Please forgive my sins and know that I will do a double workout tomorrow.

That is all. Go Bruins!

Coaching your son's little league is kick-*kitten* Bill. How cool is that for little man! You NEED to do the before and after pics for the P90X so you can see the difference, not just us. (But I think there are some of us...uh-hmm...me...) that would also like to see a six pack on you!

Nothing to forgive, keep moving forward...

~k :flowerforyou:
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Name: Kathy
    Weight: 177.7
    Goal: No alcoholic drinks til Friday (so far 3 for 3 :)
    Exercise: Limited - went to Planet Fitness today

Seeing my physical therapist tomorrow, hopefully my doctor called her about working on my achilles tendonities issue. It's been two weeks since I was allowed to exercise and I tried the stationary bike today. No pain!! Icing it as we speak though to make sure it doesn't swell.

No alcohol is your goal? I'd fail immediately, lol.

Hope tomorrow's appointment goes well for you sweetie. Make sure you nurse your tissues because you can't do squat if you prolong your injury.

Nice bike routine, keeping it light and WTG. Flowers for you too. :flowerforyou:

~k
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Lol or self flagellation.... ROFLMAO :laugh:

Ok I guess I'll make myself official

Name: Margaret

Weight today: 151 lb. (Yesterday I would have written 152 :bigsmile:)

Goal: get all my protein in, more water (I'm bad for that), and lose 4 lb. In 4 weeks.

Exercise: strength training, jogging, elliptical.

Calorie burned count starting yesterday: 270

Awesome start Margaret! What kind of strength training to do you particularly? Elliptical is great, especially if you have partners around to "talk to".

~katie
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Lol or self flagellation.... ROFLMAO :laugh:

Ok I guess I'll make myself official

Name: Margaret

Weight today: 151 lb. (Yesterday I would have written 152 :bigsmile:)

Goal: get all my protein in, more water (I'm bad for that), and lose 4 lb. In 4 weeks.

Exercise: strength training, jogging, elliptical.

Calorie burned count starting yesterday: 270

Awesome start Margaret! What kind of strength training to do you particularly? Elliptical is great, especially if you have partners around to "talk to".

~katie

I have a home gym, it uses resistance bands instead of weights. I would like to get a set of free weights, but we got the hone gym for free, so can't complain. :-) also got the elliptical for free. Haha we just happen to know a few people and are at the right place at the right time I guess. The elliptical is pointed at the tv. I watch Once Upon a Time or Merlin, I'm a nerd that way.

And yes, vader. Pics are a must. I have my before pics up in my profile, it's not nearly as terrifying as you would think.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Friggin Bruins lost in overtime. My alcohol consumption for the next two months just decreased dramatically.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Friggin Bruins lost in overtime. My alcohol consumption for the next two months just decreased dramatically.

Aw, kitten... :sad: :brokenheart: :cry:
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Day Two...

Got out of work late...really late. Past 8pm.

Went to the gym, jogged and did cardio. Only 287 calories burned and one 16 oz cup of water.

Still looking for the perfect protein shake to substitute for a late dinner of too.

Open to any ideas...anyone.

~katie
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Day Two...

Got out of work late...really late. Past 8pm.

Went to the gym, jogged and did cardio. Only 287 calories burned and one 16 oz cup of water.

Still looking for the perfect protein shake to substitute for a late dinner of too.

Open to any ideas...anyone.

~katie

Protein shakes are available everywhere...Even at Walmart for under $20. That's where I get mine. It has 26g protein per scoop and if you use milk it goes up. I've been putting a scoop into the blender with 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 Oikos yogurt. That puts you up near 40g protein. You can then add frozen berries (cheaper than fresh), peanut butter or whatever. I know some people that even put in spinach and stuff.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I met with my PT today, no low impact exercise until I meet with my doctor next month,which means, no walking my neighborhood :sad:

I can workout on the stationary bike though, and plan to go after work on Friday. Also I need to start working on my core and plan on some leg exercises and abdom. crunches.

Did well on my diary today, I've been eating to much fruit and my sugar levels are always high - could be why I'm not losing weight. Need to work on getting more veggies in!!!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I need to get my exercise back on track. I think my weight loss is suffering because I don't have time.

10-11 hour workdays everyday + 3 hour total commute time. Ugh. No end in sight, so much work to do.

I guess my goal for the next week is lift a lot of weights. 30 will be here before I know it (4 WEEKS!)

Weighing in at 144 as of last Friday. I really wanted to be 130 by 30 but I know that's not happening now.

Suggestions welcome!
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those members who fell off the face of the earth... Now that I'm back you can say "What the hell?" to me and I'll just frown and shake my head because I totally suck. I lost track of my diet. I stopped exercising. I was eating f***ing M&Ms every day. And I'm done with that crap because I feel like crap. Well, I feel a lot better today than I did two days ago. I had a headache for about two weeks straight, and three migraines in April, and I realized that I've gone so far off track that my diet probably had something to do with it. So I haven't had candy, sugar, pop, or alcohol in two days. Feeling SOOO much better, and I'm planning on getting up early tomorrow and actually exercising! And now I'm going to take my dog for a long walk! I hate that I lost track of everything, because I was doing so good. But the good news is, I didn't actually gain any weight back, I just stayed where I was.

Now I've got 11 weeks until my friend's wedding and 30 lbs to lose, which isn't going to happen, so I'll do what I can, and I'll be healthy about it. It's not like the world ends on July 21st... I'll just keep on keepin' on.

Sorry, everyone! I feel bad because we're supposed to hold each other accountable, and I haven't even been logging in to offer anyone else support. But I'm back now and I hope everyone is having a nice Spring!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I'm one of those members who fell off the face of the earth... Now that I'm back you can say "What the hell?" to me and I'll just frown and shake my head because I totally suck. I lost track of my diet. I stopped exercising. I was eating f***ing M&Ms every day. And I'm done with that crap because I feel like crap. Well, I feel a lot better today than I did two days ago. I had a headache for about two weeks straight, and three migraines in April, and I realized that I've gone so far off track that my diet probably had something to do with it. So I haven't had candy, sugar, pop, or alcohol in two days. Feeling SOOO much better, and I'm planning on getting up early tomorrow and actually exercising! And now I'm going to take my dog for a long walk! I hate that I lost track of everything, because I was doing so good. But the good news is, I didn't actually gain any weight back, I just stayed where I was.

Now I've got 11 weeks until my friend's wedding and 30 lbs to lose, which isn't going to happen, so I'll do what I can, and I'll be healthy about it. It's not like the world ends on July 21st... I'll just keep on keepin' on.

Sorry, everyone! I feel bad because we're supposed to hold each other accountable, and I haven't even been logging in to offer anyone else support. But I'm back now and I hope everyone is having a nice Spring!

This is the right place to be accountable (with your permission, of course.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    way under on calories today but a tad over on my sodium (lots of shrimp for dinner)

Made it through P90X chest & back...which I couldn't do the first time!!

Plyometrics tomorrow. It killed me last time.
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I met with my PT today, no low impact exercise until I meet with my doctor next month,which means, no walking my neighborhood :sad:

I can workout on the stationary bike though, and plan to go after work on Friday. Also I need to start working on my core and plan on some leg exercises and abdom. crunches.

Did well on my diary today, I've been eating to much fruit and my sugar levels are always high - could be why I'm not losing weight. Need to work on getting more veggies in!!!

No walking? You'll "work" around that hurdle Kathy. There's always more than a few alternatives... Let's brainstorm and come up with something as a group.

Fruit = sugar, or so I've been told. I stay away from excess fruit (who am I kidding, I don't eat it at all.) But yes, everything in moderation, including delicious fruits. There may be a little truth in the fruit = sugar...

Veggies, no argument there. I can stand more green stuff too...and yellow (squash) and orange (steamed carrots...)

Let's both try to work those in our diets and may be by next week, they'll be the usual stuff, ehh?

~k
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I need to get my exercise back on track. I think my weight loss is suffering because I don't have time.

10-11 hour workdays everyday + 3 hour total commute time. Ugh. No end in sight, so much work to do.

I guess my goal for the next week is lift a lot of weights. 30 will be here before I know it (4 WEEKS!)

Weighing in at 144 as of last Friday. I really wanted to be 130 by 30 but I know that's not happening now.

Suggestions welcome!

Hey there ~

Kids' soccer schedules are enough to kill any special diet aspiration or any kind of exercise routine. You've got to want to do this and it looks like you BOTH want to!!!!

We've all got hurdles to overcome but this is a great place with supportive people, so don't let lack of time, make you an unhappy person. You guys deserve better and your familes deserve a healthier/happier you, if you need to look at it that way. There's gotta be some time, where one can "work" in some time for yourself?

At the very least, track your food (pull out a sticky or notepad) and just jot it down for later. It will keep you somewhat accountable and let you see what exactly you're digesting day to day.

We'll be pulling for you both!

~katie :flowerforyou:
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    way under on calories today but a tad over on my sodium (lots of shrimp for dinner)

Made it through P90X chest & back...which I couldn't do the first time!!

Plyometrics tomorrow. It killed me last time.

T-A-K-E P-I-C-T-U-R-E-S please Bill !!!!

@#

Just amazing! I really hope you continue with this.

~k :blushing:
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Day Three:

Work, work, work, then came home to do laundry...

Not counting that this time around. Had a processed frozen entre but didn't eat it all at once. Took about 2 hours, so I spread out the calories.

Lots of hot tea today and 16 oz of Deer Park water, then splurged on half cup of ice cream after a extra large homemade salad.

I'm bushed tired just typing this... :yawn:
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Made it though Plyometrics with only a couple of extra 15 second breaks. 58 minutes = 920 calories burned!!!

Greek God? Yep, that'll be me! (but I'll be the Irish Italian version)
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    As long as said Greek Irish Italian god takes pics...

Im working on my Greek goddess look. I'm aiming for Athena. :-)