What the hell????

Options

Replies

• katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I totally already feel like a winner, seeing as I have the Queen of Sarcasm award, and it's been said that I'm funny. I'll take it! And you're right. I should get in with a good, motivating group on here. Hence... DEWARS! Totally here to stay. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Ok, so we are now officially 5 active members! woo hoo!

Well I guess that's not bad....out of what, 596 actual members...(no sarcasm there people.)
  • katiebythebay
    Options

Apparently I rock!

Pshh, as if there was a question!!

Can I use your "Pshh" in either Words with Friends or Scrabble?
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    809 calories today (yoga and "housework" at the gym.

I got no idea what my total is, as I'm flat out tired as heck.

Couldn't even stop at the gym. Pshh...
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    3057!
    I ran 3 miles instead of 2 for the first time today. I can't believe this weightloss thing turned me into a runner.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    roughly 1000 burned yesterday doing 5 hours of new floor installation. puts me somewhere in the 2750 range. I didn't make my goal but I also didn't plan on fracturing my hand. I'm ok with it.

In years past I would've just shrugged it off and in 5 or 6 months I'd say I have start losing weight. Not this time ladies!!! I'm not going anywhere.

Margaret, great job with the 3 miles!!

Katie, go get some water.....ok, keep up the yoga!

Kathy, keep up the good work but don't push it too hard

Andrea, you're going to need to be here regularly or I'll have no problem adding you to my harass list!
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What the hell happened to Kathy?? Can anyone answer this, cuz I sure as hell don't know what happened. Anyhoo.....I'm here to come clean and let everyone know that Bill pushed me off the cliff cuz Margaret was beating him to the finish (WTG Margaret :drinker: ) Poor Katie, she didn't drink enough water and was road kill when Margaret and Bill ran over her. I've got some bumps and bruises but will be alright and plan on getting back into the game today.

It's my travel weekend, so execise will be limited. I plan to trim my mom's hedges and if we go out I'm sure pushing her in a wheelchair can account for some muscle toning exercises :laugh:

Hope everyone has a successful weekend! Welcome Andrea - and please post more, Bill is not nice (I've been there!!)
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Bill is nice, you just have to know how to "handle" him. (see margaret for the instructions on that.)

If Bill really did push you off a cliff, I may have to drop an anvil on his head, so he sees little birdies flying around.

And Kathy, you're talking in the third person...
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Hold the phone. Did I win the challenge?!?!
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Here's my stats, ladies and gentleman.

I'm only using the exercise calories beginning 6/11, since that's where I will begin posting for this particular challenge:

June 11: 997 (mon)
    June 12: 961 (tues)
    June 13: zero (wed)
    June 14: 809 (thurs)
    June 15: 735 (friday)
    June 16: 964 (sat)

total: 4,466 calories

Well done to the few of us who decided to participate. It's good to be challenged by each other.

It certainly pushes me.

~katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Katie- I rarely get all 8 cups, so good job!

Ate horribly today, playgroup today with snack potluck. Ah! So I'm doing elliptical while I watch Merlin.

Doctor appointment tomorrow, printing out my food diaries for the last two weeks to show fat intake, and corresponding attacks. If I can't get them to operate, I can at least dazzle them with my tenacity.

Margaret, thanks for that comment. I feel guilty when I let Bill down but it's hard for me to go from zero cups of water to more than 6 cups.

(Although, secretly, I'm glad he cares enough to harass me about it.)
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I have a thought for a calorie challenge beginning 06/02 and ending 06/16. 4000 calories burned in 14 days. It's only averging 285 calories/day and it should take away a pound minimum! Thoughts?

Is everyone still up for this challenge? I got the dates wrong so lets start Sunday 06/03? post daily calories burned with a running total as well. thoughts?

If this was the goal, I think I failed on that last part. I didn't lose the poundage I wanted to but am still glad we did it. I think Margaret did a fantastic job since she's gotten a running routine out of it! I got my water intake increased because of Bill's last challenge and I think that's more important than "winning". Averaging 6 cups (work days only) nowadays.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Back from vacation, the laptop gets dropped off for repairs today and I have 60 days (my 1 year on here) to make goal weight.

now enough of this Bill got beat up by Margaret crap!!! Any suggestions for a new challenge?

My hand was feeling really good until I closed it in the car door yesterday. it turned two of my finger nails instantly purple. It was a long 2 hour drive home. the pressure under the nail on my middle finger was so intense that I drilled a small hole in last night to relieve it. it was pretty cool watching the blood squirt up in the air. anyway, it will not stop me from beating the tar out of all of you over the next few weeks.

I'd like to have a new challenge in place for Sunday. Speak up!

Great job to all of you for sticking with it when I couldn't.

It's not that tough to handle me. I'm really quite the cupcake!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Oh my goodness! First, I hope you stop beating up your hand. Second, gross.
    Sounds like something my husband would do. Lol

Hmm. I think our next challenge should be to drink only water for the next week. Exception cam be made for steeped tea with nothing added. I like my morning coffee as much as the next person, bit i don't think we should be relying on it to improve our personalities. We can exercise self control for a week, right? :tongue: Just so you know, i also have cream soda and rum in my fridge which turns out is a magnificent combination, but I will abstain starting now until next Saturday. And then we can all wake up on Saturday morning and have a coffee together next weekend.

And to try an exercise we've never done before. Look up a video online or add another move to your strength routine. Mix it up a bit.
  • vaderandbill
    Options

Hmm. I think our next challenge should be to drink only water for the next week. Exception cam be made for steeped tea with nothing added. I like my morning coffee as much as the next person, bit i don't think we should be relying on it to improve our personalities. We can exercise self control for a week, right? :tongue: Just so you know, i also have cream soda and rum in my fridge which turns out is a magnificent combination, but I will abstain starting now until next Saturday. And then we can all wake up on Saturday morning and have a coffee together next weekend.

And to try an exercise we've never done before. Look up a video online or add another move to your strength routine. Mix it up a bit.

it may sound gross but I do have to say that it makes a world of diffence in pain level.

Not a bad idea. Question...does Crystal light or some other 0 calorie powder count? Also, I have a protein shake at least once per day...are we not doing that as well?

Katie, how do you feel about only having water until next Saturday???
  • WifeNMama
    Options

it may sound gross but I do have to say that it makes a world of diffence in pain level.

Not a bad idea. Question...does Crystal light or some other 0 calorie powder count? Also, I have a protein shake at least once per day...are we not doing that as well?

Katie, how do you feel about only having water until next Saturday???

Oh I have no doubt that it feels a lot better. :-) and glad it worked. Still not something you hear every day.

Uh... I'm sort of anti-artificial sweetener so i'd say no crystal light. But that's up to you. I add a squirt of lime juice into my water because I don't like it plain, and I'm going to keep doing that. And yes, keep using your protein shakes.
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Alright, alright! Looks like I'm in...

"You don't get to post a message in the group, be called a winner and then disappear for a week!!! So now you have my attention and I will be waiting for a new post.
    also, looking for a new challenge for this Sunday lasting 2-4 weeks. counting you there will only be 5 of us. yes, I'm counting you in this!!!
    Don't make me harass you!!"

Thank you, Vader, for holding me accountable. I totally appreciate it. Ok, I'm in. I don't know much about challenges for this group. I have been paying very little attention to the challenges. It's a challenge for me not to overeat these chocolates next to me. So, if it was up to me, the challenge would be "Try not to eat too much chocolate!" and everyone would win because "try" is subjective. (Plus, chocolate is great. =win/win situation.)

In my defense, I was out of town for a week... So somehow, not only does that excuse my absence, but it also excuses the fact that I went over my calories every freaking day. Totally rocked it.

The bottom line is, I need a challenge, and I need people to tell me that they count on me being here. Being a part of a group with nearly 600 members is not the key to my success here. Being a part of a group of 5 active members who apparently harass each other is fantastic.

:) How is everyone's week going? I did great today with food, until I remembered that I had chocolates in the fridge. No, I wasn't kidding. That was about 400 unnecessary calories. The good news is, I'm in sales, which means I walk all day long. The bad news is, my back is killing me, so it hurts to walk extra miles, exercise, or, like, move my body at all. Actually, my back hurts just sitting here. I will be on the mend soon, and I will be back in the game.

As for a new challenge, I like WifeNMama's idea about drinking only water and changing up the exercise routine.

Vader, good luck with your hand. That injury sounds so painful!!
  • AndreaG170
    Options
    And I totally have a caffeine problem, so I've been weening myself off of coffee in the morning. I'm down to two cups now, and I have to be careful just going cold turkey because I get awful headaches. So can I have a rain check on the water challenge with the promise of drinking just one cup of coffee for the next two days (Friday and Saturday) and then going to just water Sunday (6/24) to Saturday (6/30)?
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    I think we can let the one cup of coffee slide. But the biggest challenge is to not excuse bad behavior/attitude on a lack of coffee. :tongue:

I'm sending Kathy, Katie and Andrea FRs so we can harass each other more efficiently.
  • AndreaG170
    Options
    Sounds good. I think the key is to not say "Oh, what the hell, I already had one cup of coffee. Might as well add cream and sugar too." I drink my coffee black.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Andrea, you're not supposed to quote my PM's...I don't want the others to feel like they're not being harassed enough!!! and since you have committed to this I am sending a FR ASAP. I'll be lurking in the shadows monitoring your actions (I know that sounds a bit creepy but I just wanted to be sure I had your attention)

Now on to the challenge. I heard a rumor that Katie didn't have any water on Wednesday and only 2 cups yesterday!! Yeah, that's just not gonna cut sweets!!!! step up your game! If you do your best to get 6 cups/day I'll make up for it by getting 10...deal?

I'm ready to give this a try!