3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• eejieweejie
    eejieweejie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Christina – Any sign of baby yet?!

Sugarbabie – Glad baby girl is doing well! Hope you’re having a great time in Hawaii!

Kelley – Sounds like you had a great Father’s day weekend! I love that hubby ended up cooking you brunch!! Glad you got to catch up with your friend! I’m with you, I need to get my car in for an oil change before baby arrives, I’m over 1000 miles overdue! Did you have an appointment today? Any progress?

Jayln – Hope you’re enjoying having hubby home! Anymore progress on baby? Sorry to hear about your varicose veins, that doesn’t sound like fun. You shouldn’t need any baby supplies other than a going home outfit, the hospital should provide everything! Also, once baby is here, if you have any diaper’s etc., left in the hospital make sure you take them with you! Sounds like you have the necessities packed, (as Helen suggested, make sure you take lip balm/chapstick, your lips will probably get pretty dry!) and anything else would just be whatever else you want to keep you occupied during labor and your hospital stay!

Helen – Glad to hear your back is feeling better. How was your visit with your uni friends? Hope you’re having a good week off! As far as what baby will sleep in, with DS we lived in Florida, and we just swaddled him in a lightweight blanket, but he hated being swaddled so that only lasted a couple of weeks, then he just slept in a sleepsuit (I think that’s what it’s called back there?! I forget sometimes!) It’s 90F here at the moment (about 32C) so it will probably be the same for new little one, we’ll have to see!

Bru – Glad to hear that your dad is ok and that you had a great time in Chicago with hubby! It seems like everyone is reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy at the moment, I may have to see what the big deal is about!

Amanda – Congratulations! Sounds like you had an eventful labor! I’m happy to hear that everything turned out well and I know it was all worth it when you finally got to hold Evie in your arms. I hope that you are healing well and that the breastfeeding is getting easier.

Dragon – Sounds like you were having some Braxton Hicks. Don’t feel silly! It’s difficult to know what’s going on sometimes when you’ve never been through it before!

Destiny – I heard that movie is good! I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD! How are you feeling? Managed to get any energy back? My tummy has been a little tender around my belly button area and from what I’ve read it’s from the abdominal muscles separating which you usually feel more with your second!

Myice – Hope all is ok and that you are taking it easy. Sorry to hear about the comments from the insensitive person, try not to pay attention to them! I hope you're able to get your blood pressure under control and don't get pre-e again.

Melissa – Hope the move went well!

AFM - Had a great weekend with my sweet little family! Saturday was OH’s birthday and we went to visit his parents for a little while, then took DS to Stone Mountain to watch the laser show. OH and DS rode the train around the mountain which DS loved! Sunday we had a relaxed morning, took DS for a haircut (which is so cute!) then visited with my dad for a while before going to eat Mexican food! I had an appointment with the midwife today and baby’s heartbeat was 150. Baby is still high up so I’m not effaced much, but I was dilated 1-2cm, so it’s a start! I've started to get some swelling in my feet by the end of the day, but it seems to go down by morning, plus I haven't been getting much sleep at all, around 4 hours each night for the past couple of nights. Really hope I get a good nights sleep tonight, I'm pooped!

Hope you ladies are all having a great week!

Emily
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Emily -
    Your weekend sounds nice... wow 1-2 cm is nice progress... I am also starting to get swelling lately...I can feel it like my ankles and legs are filling with water...strange feeling but it does seem to go away as well. I am with you on the sleep front...lately Ben has been waking up at midnight and coming in out bed which means that I have to sleep extra special to accomadate him and he likes to move around alot...so I don't get the sleep I need with him and the constant peeing...everyday I require a nap of at least 30 mins...
    I keep thinking it will be better once the baby is here...but I am not sure it will be...sigh.

AFM - I got two things crossed off my list today...had to go to the post office and I purchased a used diaper bag back ( something I have been wanting since having something over my shoulder while carrying a new born and possibly a toddler just will not cut it)...tomorrow for sure I need to take one if not both cars for an oil change and to get the inside vaccum. Tomorrow is the 40 week check up and then I will let it go to 41 weeks before trying to schedule an induction. I want baby to come on it's own so I am willing to go another 2 weeks and wait it out.

Otherwise things are good...so far hubby's upgrade seems to be going well...please pray it's smooth so that his superiors will be super happy with his performance. And it's super hot here so I have been making Ben drink lots of water and only being outside for like 2 hrs max a day...summer is here in full effect...I am going to have to get out in the am or late afternoons if I want fresh air.

Ok ladies...have a good night I will check in tomorrow after my doc appt.

kelley
  • jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am happy to hear that everyone is doing great. Also congratulations to all the new momies. I had a concern and wanted to know if anyone could hep. This is my 3rd preg. Both of my other babies are December babies. I my hands and feet are really swollen. Also I am 28 weeks and yesterday night was horrible. I had horrible back pain when I went to bed. My lower back felt as if it was open apart. And today I have been experiencing alot of bh contractions. I say this because I fell my uterus tightening but they are really not painful. But I do feel a lot of pressure when I walk. And it is not easy having to deal with a 2 and a 3 year old full of energy. I know it is early but I am not sure why I am feeling all these things with this pregnancy. with my other two I never felt BH contractions. The only thing that happened to me with my second was, I mopped the floor of my home the day before my delivery and started having really bad lower back pain. Actually with both of my deliveries it has been more like back labor. Thank you for your help those that can. I really appreciate it.
  • sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    hi ladies,
    Sorry I've not been very talkative lately - I have been reading all of your posts, keeping up with you all.
    Hubby still not having any luck with a new job and it's driving us both crazy now so I thought I'd keep my negative comments to myself - no point in depressing you all too!!
    Everything is ok with little Ava - she was measuring 33 weeks at my 34 week appt on Tuesday but the midwife says that's normal and she wasn't worried in the slightest. My iron is on the cusp of being low but again, she wasn't bothered and didn't give me any advice or recommendations to rectify it. I have been extra tired lately so that could be why I guess!
    I'm not sure I should even be on this message board now with it being 'Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant' as I'm NOT fit and I've been so bloody naughty with all my eating since moving and since hubby has been home, it's been a carb and chocolate overload. I'm just so slack when he's around! I know I have myself to blame but I'm just too weak willed right now to do anything about it. MY thighs are HUGE and I shudder when I look in the mirror at the bottom half of my body. I just know I'm going to be so depressed when I realise how much weight I'be gained (Still not been on the scales! - I daren't!!!)
    Anyway ladies, I just wanted you to know I'm here reading all of your updates and loving them all. I'll post again when I've got some good news (fingers crossed it's SOON!)
    I must start logging my food again too, I've been lazy at that lately too!
    Take care and bye for now,
    Sarah xx
    (34wks & 3 days)
    34weeks 3 days
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options

TMI warning: I noticed on Monday when I got out of the shower that I have varicose veins on my labia. It looked like bug bites in the mirror and I can't SEE past my belly, so I had to get the little mirror out. The doctor said they'll go away after birth, but that I'll get them again in other pregnancies, probably sooner and more painful. Great. :grumble: Anyone else have experience with these? So far I've had some minor pain with them, but nothing too serious. They just look nasty. If you've had them before, how long does it take for them to go away?

Hey Jalyner, I was just going through the trimesters when I saw this. My name is Prissy and I am 15 weeks today with my 2nd pregnancy. With my first I noticed varicose veins about 6 weeks before my due date and honestly their uncomfortable but after you give birth is not that bad. I had a vaginal delivery and basically it gets swore down there but at the hospital they gave me a spray solution to put on the veins every time after cleansing and that helped relive the pressure and pain. But what your doctor said about next pregnancy developing sooner is true. My doctor didn't tell me this when I first got them but I just noticed one on Sunday :cry: hopefully it won't make this pregnancy so uncomfortable.

Best of Luck to all the 3 trimester Mommies!!!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Sarah - sorry to hear the DH still hasn't found anything but hang in there...we are here to motivate each other so feel free to post even if you just want to rant. I hear you on the weight gain and it being worse when the hubby is around...don't beat yourself up just try to make little changes they go a long way and if all else fails you can get back on things once the baby is born.

JCG - Can't say I know how you are feeling except the part about being preggers and running after toddlers ( I only have one thought) I would say call your doctor if you are having concerns.

AFM - still have an inside baby...today at the appt I was barely 2cm..so not a lot of progress...so we set an induction date for July 2. We will see how things go...otherwise...just been really hot lately and it's been hot here so that doesn't help...and tonight I woke up because I can't sleep because I am hot and having trouble falling back asleep...sigh...I need to try though.

Alright I will keep everyone posted...hope you are all doing well and staying cool...drink tons of water too.

Kelley
    40 weeks...1 day
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I have been crap at checking in. I havent been logging food but been pretty good and trying to exercise most days - usually walking but done a lot of spring cleaning this week too.

I have had a nic week of work except the weather has been rubbish. As I type the rain is bouncing off the patio.

I have been to 2 anti natal classes now and both been quite good. Next week is on pain relief and possible birth complications. The week after we have a hospial tour and I have a breast feeding class.

I best go and get ready as I need to pop to Tesco's and picking my neice up from play school at 12 noon.

Catch up soon.

Helen
    32 + 3
    Up 26 lb
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Baby is still a girl, yay :D Miranda weighs 4lbs 3oz and is measuring great everywhere. When I left for my appt today, I weighed at home, showing a 2.2lb gain from weeks ago, their scale said I was up 6lbs, but it wasn't addressed by them.. Amniotic fluid is slightly low, should be at 10 and it's 9.5 so they said to take an extra break at work with my feet up and drink more water throughout the next 2weeks, even though I often drink 12-14 glases a day. So I'm gonna keep it at 14 minimum. I go back next Wed to check fluid again then reg check up in 2 wks :)
    Have a great weekend all.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    sorry I'm so behind!

Emily - yay on the baby turning! Glad to hear you had an awesome time with the fam and the baby is doing well

Stellcorb - crossing my fingers for a delivery!

Xosugarbabies - hope you're enjoying Hawaii

Kelley - glad everything was ok with that fall! Haven't heard anything about limiting driving, although I could see how you could get in trouble straying too far from a hospital or being forced to drive with contractions...Def get that pedicure, I need one too. Hope the baby pops out on his or her own soon!

Jalyn - I think you should throw snacks in your bag too. There are online list you can check...

Helen - hadn't thought about what he'd sleep in, I guess I'll see what he likes?
    What's a jammy dodger? Great job on staying active and the classes!

Brunette wife - so glad to her your dad is fine. I hope you are enjoying Chicago. 
    You probably did have some form of contraction before.  It's a good policy to time any repetitive pain in your torso just in case. Yay on the healthy little girl and definitely drink that water!

Amanda - crazy story but beautiful results! Congratulations! Hope you are breastfeeding ok and your tears are healing without too much pain

Destiny - sounds like nesting is going well. Sorry to hear about your abs. Mine hurt earlier but I think they gave up now, lol

Myiceisonfire - sorry to her bout the pre-e. what did the person who scolded you think you could do to prevent it? You were high risk for a repeat. Hopefully your bp stays in check!

Jcgutierrez - with the swelling you need to go in and get your bp checked and with the pains and BH you need to get preterm labor, so go to L&D!

Sarah - so sorry to hear about hubby's job woes, the timing is awful.  Glad to hear the baby is well.  Listen, commit to walking just 15-20 minutes a day, I promise you will feel so much better! Listen to music and make it your stress reliever. I have to drag myself every time but I never regret it!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    AFM - survived the drama of the move, though it did trigger a lot of BHs with all the running around and poor water intake! Getting settled in the new place and loving it, the nesting urge has kicked in and now DH is getting annoyed that I am always doing something. He actually forced me to take a break from boxes and decorating tonight. I got so consumed with moving i went 3 days without going to the gym and my body felt like lead when i returned yesterday! I hate the weight training the most. Going to keep pushing that till the end though cause I know it keeps me strong.

Tomorrow is my last regular shift before maternity leave, next week I am working from home and have a finale which is a light duty shift but 12 hours. Then I'm off! The baby has definitely dropped and my hips ache so I'm ready to be off. Everyone thinks I'll go early so I keep searching for signs of labor, like today I had more pelvic pressure and discharge, but we will see. Seems like I lost the weight I gained on my baby shower weekend so I'm shocked to see how well my weight gain has gone so far. My appetite sucks now so not expecting to gain too much more, but we'll see!

Melissa
    38 weeks, +23lbs!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

Brunette wife - so glad to her your dad is fine. I hope you are enjoying Chicago. 
    You probably did have some form of contraction before.  It's a good policy to time any repetitive pain in your torso just in case. Yay on the healthy little girl and definitely drink that water!

Thanks! And yes I did enjoy the big city :) And for sure, I've been at 14 everyday so far :)

But I don't think the pain was me. I don't recall posting anything with pain (as I've not had any pain or contractions that I know of at least).
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Hi all

Melissa - wow 2 weeks left. Have you decided on a name? Glad move went well and you are settling in. A jammy dodger is a biscuit. It 2 layers of shortbread with a heart cut out and jam in the middle.

Bru - hope you decided what to wear for your shower and enjoyed it.

Im back to work tomorrow after a week off. So looking forward to normal routine again. I have 3 full weeks left and then a week of mornings only so not long really. I could finish a little earlier if I want but will see how it goes.

Not planning much this week except anti natal class on wed night and will see midwife on Fri for my 34 week bloods and check up. On Sat me and my MIL are going to look at cots, which is the last 'main' thing we need to buy.

My Gran said I should have packed my hospital bag so Ive started to put some bits and bobs aside and will do it in the next few weeks.

Aim for this week:
    Walk 4 days for 45/60 mins with dogs
    Pilates DVD x 2 (50 mins)
    Lots of water

Helen
    32 weeks + 5
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My ob asked me if I wanted to see a nutritionist and I said yes! =) I got to see her last week and learned a few things. When you're prego you gotta eat 3 meals a day, and eat at least every 2-3hrs, doing this will even help fight cravings for sweets. Limiting sugar isn't good because baby needs it (that one kinda shocked me). Should be eating about 1500-1800 calories, 1500-2000mg sodium, at LEAST 270mg carbs (also surprised me), 3500mg potassium.... She did say in the beginign that she wasn't one who goes off of "numbers' at that she believes we should eat healthy and eat until we're full and then stop eating, and eat again when we're hungry. But then I asked her about numbers and they should be at because that's what I go off of, and that is what she said for the numbers. The calories is based off of my weight though, so that wouldn't be the same for everyone. I just thought that it was interest to hear all of that stuff and was willing to change my food diary numbers around to see if it helps keep me at this weight for the next 9 weeks until baby's due, since I've already gained my max weight (woops!)

Well I jinxed myself! ... I was making all these freezer meals for when baby comes so I don't have to cook anything while I'm a zombie lacking sleep. I told my husband after a long day, "You know, that only thing that's hurt this pregnancy is my back and my butt, not my feet at all. last pregnancy my feet killed me, I'm so glad my feet haven't hurt at all this pregnancy." .....
    Well my son ended up with a fever, a few days later he got a rash on his feet. When he got the rash on his feet I ended up with a fever a day later, along with a sore throat, and a day later a rash/blisters on my feet, and today my hands too...
    He got feet, hand, and mouth disease and passed it onto me! ... LOL Guess I jinxed myself on the "my feet haven't hurt at all this pregnancy!" comment I made. Now I'm walking on blisters =P
    On the bright side, it's just a virus (passed just like a cold, etc) & if you just let it run it's coarse it goes away after about a week.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hi moms!

Kelley- How are things going?? Were you able to get your pedi yet? That's on my to-do list in the next couple weeks. Did you get a backpack diaper bag?? That's one thing I really want this time around. Is your hubby's upgrade finished? How did it go?

Emily- Glad you had a good weekend (a couple weekends ago :laugh: ) And I'm glad you're making progress! When is your due date? Sorry you aren't getting much sleep these days. Hope you can get some rest!

Melissa- Are you all settled in the new place?? Any progress with baby? My hips and pelvis are killing me lately too. I don't remember that issue with my first pregnancy.

Sabrina- Hope you and your little guy are feeling better!

AFM- Had an appt this morning. It was such a joke, and turned me into an emotional wreck which is still lingering. DH had to work, and my mom had conferences, so I had to take Olivia. And I had to get the group b strep test and get my cervix checked which is awkward enough, but then having a toddler running around... it was just terrible. I was dilated 1 cm, but Dr said it was still pretty thick. Dr did another ultrasound and he was worried about baby girl's heart rate for a bit. He said "She's really excited." But then he said it was 160 which was ok. She was doing some fetal breathing which he got a kick out of. So we got baby's room carpeted last week, and during Olivia's nap that day we decided to put together the armoire/wardrobe we ordered (her room doesn't have a closet) and go figure- two of the main boards were totally cracked. Luckily the manufacturer is sending us replacements and we should have them tomorrow. I'm starting to get anxious about how unprepared we are. We still don't have a crib, and all her clothes, burp clothes, and my nursing gear is still in storage. And she still doesn't have a name :laugh: DH's brother gave us their newborn car seat because Olivia's was expired (her's was a hand-me-down from a friend). So when we got it I tried looking up the manual online, and I couldn't find it anywhere. It was some weird off brand I had never heard of, and a lot of the sites I did find talked about recalls. That made me pretty nervous so I finally convinced DH that we need to just get a new one. We haven't got that yet either :frown:

Hope everyone is doing great!

Destiny
    35w5d +27 lbs
  • eejieweejie
    eejieweejie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Kelley – How are you feeling? How did hubby’s upgrade go? Has Ben been sleeping any better? Oh my gosh, I don’t think I could go two weeks overdue! The midwife joked last week that she usually can’t guarantee much, but she can guarantee I’ll have a baby within a month! They’ll only let you go 1 week over at my practice. Which diaper bag did you get? SIL got me the one I wanted, but now that I have it I don’t think I like it! I thought it was a messenger style one, but when I put it on it seems to fit a little funny? Could just be because of my massive bump, but I think I may exchange it for a different one.

JC – Hope all is ok with the contractions you’ve been having, did you manage to make it to the doctor ?

Sarah – Any luck on the job hunt for hubby? Don’t be silly, if you need to vent, vent! Try not to stress too much about the weight gain, it will come off after baby gets here!

Helen – How was your week off? Hope you have fun at your antenatal class on Wednesday! Did you say this week is on pain management? Have you decided what you’re going to do for pain management?

Bru – Glad to hear Miss Miranda is doing well. Hope you’re able to get your amniotic fluid back up.

Melissa – Glad the move went well and that you are getting settled in. Congrats on finishing your last regular shift! My appetite has been up and down, I definitely seem to get hungrier in the evenings!

Myice – So sorry to hear about you and your little one! Hope you both start feeling better soon.

Destiny - Sorry your appointment was a bit of an ordeal, although I’m sure they’re used to things like that happening! Glad to hear baby is ok though, and yay for 1cm! I’ll take 1cm over nothing all day! Lol! Hope your replacement boards make it there ok. If it makes you feel a little better about your unpreparedness, we only just dug all of DS’s baby stuff out this weekend and I’ll be 38 weeks tomorrow! I checked the expiration on our car seat too and luckily we’re good until December 2013, but we did have an extra base that’s expired.

AFM – This weekend we dug out all of DS’s baby stuff and started washing and cleaning everything. I don’t think I have ever done so many loads of laundry in such a short amount of time! We still have a few things to clean and get ready, but I feel a lot better and if little man arrived tomorrow I wouldn’t be freaking out! I think for little man’s going home outfit that I’m going to put him in the same one that DS wore, as I think it would be cute! That’s if it fits though, and if he’s a monster baby it might not, so I’ll pack a 0-3 month outfit as well as newborn size! Had another appointment today and being that it’s only been 5 days since my last appointment I wasn’t really expecting any change, and I’m still 1-2cm dilated, but I’m now 70% effaced – yay! I also lost my plug the other day and I know that doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but maybe he’ll come a few days early!? My due date is the 10th, but I’ve been saying for months that I think he’ll come on the 6th (isn’t that your due date Melissa?!) We shall see I guess!

Hope you ladies all have a great week!

Emily

38 weeks in about half an hour!
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Hi all

Destiny - Dont panic Im sure you will get everything organised in time. Good job you started to build the wardrobes - that would have been much more stressful if you have waited another few weeks.

Emily -- Yes week off was nice thanks. Didnt do much just some cleaning and washing, changed curtains etc. Yeah its on pain management and possible complications. Im not sure on pain management - think I will just see how bad it gets and have no particular plan. Therefore if I need more I will have it. (Thats what a few of my friends have done). Sounds like little one is getting ready to come. We dont get an interal examination until after 40 weeks (unless a problem). My midwife said she will do a sweep at my 40 week appointment and see how things are then. (not sure what you call a sweep in US?)

AFM: I still feel good and managing to do my normal day to day jobs without much hassle.

I have booked a prenatal massage and bikini waxing (tidy up) 3 weeks before baby due and a hair appointment too. Obviously if baby late it will grow back but I usually get it done so will feel better that I have continued. Does anyone else get waxed while pregnant? Or just leave it?

Helen
    33 weeks
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Ps can anyone give any advice or info on taking Raspberry leaf tablets before labour (I know it doesnt bring labour on but strengthens uterus?) and taking Arnica afterwards?

Been adviced both but when googled get mixed reviews. I will ask my midwife when I see her and see what she thinks. (But she usually says ask the pharmasist!) x
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Helen- I don't get waxed, way too much of a wimp for that. But being a beautician I have done them before. LOL I have to admit, I'm the "just leave it" type of girl towards the end of the pregnancy because my belly gets too big to see 'down there' lol. Although, when I was pregnant last time I needed a c-section and just an fyi for everyone, if you haven't done it they will shave you! AWKWARD! Wasn't expecting that lol.

eejieweejie- So exciting that you're getting so close now! I'm glad I read your post, because I'd totally forgotten about the clothes situation lol. I've had the boys room set up since I was about 20 weeks, and haven't even thought about getting the clothes washed, put away, etc yet. Might do that this week (even though I have 9 weeks to go). The bigger I get, the less energy I have. So better late than never, right?

thedestar- Don't worry! You still have plenty of time. I got our baby's room set up in 1 day. If it's a money thing, walmart had decent cribs for not a lot of money, and the only take an hr or so to set up. You can do this =D
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I have SO much to catch up on!

Amanda- Congrats on baby Evie!! She's beautiful. And thanks for the birthing story!

Emily- 1-2 and 70% effaced is good!

Kelley- Still pregnant? Hubby's job still going smoothly?

JC-Any updates? Each pregnancy is different, so I've been told, so I suppose the pain you've been having could be contractions. Have you spoken to your doctor yet about them?

Sarah- I TOTALLY understand about DH not having a job. Hang in there. It's rough.

Prissy- Thanks for the info! Glad to hear the varicose veins will be manageable after birth. My major concern was just how terrible they look. My poor husband...his wife is like a totally different woman now. He keeps asking me if my body will go back to how it was (nipple size and color, veins, stomach). I honestly don't know!

Melissa- I'm glad the move is all over and done with. Your weight gain has been awesome! I've gained 40 lbs and I've worked hard at exercise and diet. Let's trade!! ;)

Helen- ooh, I want a prenatal massae so badly! I looked up one place that was recommended to me. 95.00/hr. What?!

AFM: I'm ok. I'm trying to be positive and not get frustrated. My back on my left side has been in non-stop pain for over a week now. I can't walk very well. I'm sure it's hilarious to watch me walk. I waddle, but I also have a limp. lol!
    Today at volleyball practice I had to model their strength workout (clean and jerks, kettlebell swings, and bench press AMRAP) I was able to do it and the girls were amazed that at 39 weeks I was able to do so much with weights, but I paid the price! My back spasms and sends pain shooting down my butt and thigh if I move wrong, which my doctor says is sciatic pain. He says there's nothing I can do. Tomorrow's practice is all legs, so hopefully it won't be so bad. Lots of squats, dead lifts, and lunges. Anyway, I'm mostly frustrated that there's been no change in me for 3 weeks. I'm STILL 50% effaced and STILL 1 cm dilated. Lame. I cried when I got in my car today, leaving the doctor's office. I don't like this waiting game, especially when I'm in so much pain. No change?! What good are all these contractions if nothing is happening? Good news is that I didn't gain any weight this week. WOOT!! You should see my feet and ankles. I look like Fred Flintstone!
    There is an end in sight, though. Induction date set for the 11th if baby doesn't get up and go on his own. This kid is already trying my patience! :tongue:
    Anyway, best of luck ladies. Keep us updated on what's happening and when your LOs arrive.
    Much love,
    Jalyn

39w (+ 40lbs :blushing: )
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Well I just got back from a week of vacation in Maui. It was great to relax by the pool and the ocean, but the flights back to Maryland (3 plane rides, and 13 hours total) were brutal on my body, talk about KANKLES!

I got the results of my glucose test, I believe the doctor said my level was “76” which is “far from having gestational diabetes”, so that was good news. She said that my blood count also came back great. HOWEVER, she scolded me BIG time for weight gain. I gained 4 pounds while I was in Hawaii. So according to my scale I am 30 weeks and up 25 pounds. She said that she only wants me to gain 5 pounds over these last 10 weeks, so ½ pound a week…. I just don’t see how that is doable. Especially when the baby is supposed to gain at least another 6-7 pounds in this last trimester.

In the same conversation she also mentioned that although I’m about 30 weeks along, my bump is only measuring at about 28 weeks. So even though I wasn’t supposed to have a sonogram in the 3rd trimester, she’s sending me to get one on Tuesday to measure the baby’s growth and fluids. So now of course I’m super concerned that there’s something wrong with her :( My blood pressure I perfect, my GD test came back negative, the baby’s heartbeat is at a healthy 134 average, she’s active allllll day everyday, I workout 5-6 days a week, etc, but the news from the doctor that I’m gaining too much weight “too fast” and that the baby isn’t where she should be growth-wise made me leave the doctor’s office in tears.

The only thing I’m happy about is that I get to see baby girl on Tuesday at the ultrasound, other than that, I’m a worrying FTM.