Introductions

Options

Replies

• RunEloiseRun
    Options
    Hi, my name is Heather Eloise.
    I am more of a runner, but I have always loved lifting weights and once I heard about this book I had to give it a shot.
    I start stage 1 on Tuesday (I have to make it correspond with my marathon training) and I couldn't be more excited.
    I'm a student, wife, and mother to a wonderful little 2 1/2 year old boy.

Feel free to add me.
    I can sure use some support!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Hi everyone, my names is Amanda and I just started. I am a runner and have used the circuit machines at the gym but have been reading a lot more gaining lean muscle. I'm excited to be here.

I just started yesterday...finally after reading through the book & creating my spreadsheet :)

Thanks for having me!!
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 29 and I'm married, no kids.

I have been on MFP on and off for a while. I made a commitment to track all of my meals this year and I kept it up for about 4 months, but I'm going to try to be more consistent starting now.

I'm a little bored with my workout routine. I alternate weights on the circuit machines with cardio - usually running c25K (or more recently, "Zombies, Run!") or the stair climber, but I haven't been able to increase the amount of weight I can lift in almost a year. And I get pretty bored with running once I can run two miles without stopping, which leads me to not run until my conditioning is destroyed. :P

So I'm trying NROL4W to shake things up. I knew I'd eventually graduate from the machines, which I have been doing since junior high school gym class (!!) but now that the time is here, it's a little scary. I mentioned the book to my mother in law and she seemed really interested - she is very fit, does a lot of hiking, and rowing - she bought the book for herself and a copy for me! I finally got around to reading it an I'm going to get started on Stage 1 soon.
  • surferfreak07
    surferfreak07 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm starting stage 1 today, I'm very excited as I've been plateauing for ages!
    My gym isn't great for weights so I'll be using weight machines and hoping it won't affect my results too much. I'm currently at 184lbs, 5 ft 5 and I'm looking to get to 150 lbs in the long run. I'm not new to weights but I have taken a break from them for the last 5 weeks and concentrated more on circuit training with light weights and interval training. I hoped that would help me break my plateau but no can do, the scale and measuring tape have both been stubborn. I'm hoping by following the program with my own adaptions and eating cleaner something will change. I already aim to eat at least 2000 calories a day so the food plan will hopefully go down well, I'm slightly scared about eating 2400 calories on training days but I will keep in mind that I'll be netting lower than this.
    Feel free to add me if you're in a similar position. I'm already looking forward to browsing the boards to find some success stories from the program :D
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Carla, mom of 3 boys, farm wife and stay at home mom. Been on MFP since April and started lifting weights about a month ago or so.

I joined our local gym last fall and have just surpassed 50lb loss. Took me awhile I think I stalled a bit in July.

I love weights and despise cardio. But cardio did help me lose the first 50. I'm hoping nrolfw will help me lose the last 50!

Not sure I can convince myself to eat that many calories a day am so used to eating at a deficit now, but I will try it. Just ordered e book this week. Our gym is so small I am often there alone so no spotters or trainers. I need the book to tell me what to do. There are lots of weights and machines it takes me awhile to figure them out. Google is my friend!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    Hi Carla and WELCOME! I am new around the NROL4W world. I am almost finished w/Stage 1. Great job on your weight loss up to this point!! 50+ lbs is awesome :)
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Sam, I'm 23, 5'1", 180lbs, and I am looking to lose about 50lbs. I've just recently started to become serious about my weightloss and I am hoping the through weightlifting I'll be able to see some results! I finished the book and can't wait to start! I dont have a membership to a gym, however my boyfriend and I are looking to make our spare room into a workout room. I'm really excited to start however scared to eat so many calories when I've been having only about 1200. good luck to everyone, can't wait to see some results from you all for motivation!

Feel free to add me :)
  • TinaB_2012
    TinaB_2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

My name is Tina. I'm 40 years old and 165 lbs. I'd like to lose about 20 pounds, but more importantly, I'd like to FEEL GOOD physically. I ran across NROL4W in another discussion group on MFP, and thought it might be interesting. After reading the first portion of the book, I find I'm really excited to get going and give it a try. I'm nervous about increasing my calorie intake (since I have to lose 12 pounds in 9 weeks for the military), but I'm defiantly starting the weightlifting plan next week.
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I just did my first workout last night and was so excited about this group. I'm a runner and a stroller fitness instructor, so I have the cardio DOWN. This is my first real time lifting. I've gone to personal trainers and used the machines now and then, but I really want to become stronger and zap out this last 10-15 lbs. I have known for a long time that I needed to lift and lift heavy, but I'm finally jumping off. Here we go!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm Gerardina, 30 YO, married, no children.

I just bought the book on Monday, so I haven't done anything yet, I'm just reading it for now. I've liked it so far. I work out with DVDs at home (I'm currently loving Jackie Warner's) and I can't wait to read the entire book to try it, I have the feeling it will change my life.
  • 1carahmeldiva
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!! I'm super excited to join this group. I haven't joined to many groups because I work full time at work during the day and at home in the evenings :). My name is Monie and I am a 33 year old wife and mother to two extremely active boys. I have had this book for at least 6 months. Intially, I was a little intimidated by this book. I've read and re-read it and about to begin Stage 1. I currently started doing Zumba (which I love) and walking. I want to look great naked and I know this program will help me do that :happy: . I look forward to watching everyone's progress, learning from your experiences, and celebrating our successes.
  • jbosick80
    jbosick80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am ready to start this little lifting journey, I have been reading about this book for sometime and finally purchased it last week.

I lifting when I was in high school and on/off since then......that being a long time ago.

I am 30 years old, married to a wonderful Army CPT and we enjoy working out together a lot. I decided to give this program a try because most cardio messes with an old knee injury. When I do weights I am able to wear a locking knee brace that helps to keep my knee cap in place and doesn't cause any further injuries.

My two "children" are my puppies Allie (Pit bull mix) and Chewy (Husky mix). They keep me very busy and very entertained.

I am also in school full-time studying Medical Laboratory Technology/ Clinical Laboratory Science.

My first WO is scheduled for this coming Tuesday (8-14-12). With school the 3 days a week that work the best for working out for me are going to be Tue-Thur-Sat. I will try to incorporate some yoga/swimming/Zumba on my days off of these workouts.
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm new to NROL4W, just started this week! my quick back story is i just turned 31 and realized i was becoming the dreaded "skinny fat"! I'm small, but getting flabby! I used to do more weight training, and I run, then i hurt my knee and stopped doing everything except my knee exercises. Now my knee is much better (although I am nervous about some of the workouts, like step ups) and I'm ready to get buff!

I literally just did one workout yest and will do workout B tomorrow. I'm definitely sore! but in a good way!

I'm confused about running tho. do you guys think it would be ok to run on days off? or should I really hold of til after stage 1?
  • mercury8826
    Options
    Lol, wow, I'm doing everything out of order... ^_^;; well, hello everyone, I've been stalking the other threads on this site for a while now, but I guess its about time I _formally_ introduced myself.

My name is Jaclyn,
    24yo
    5'7"
    starting round 165lb. (I guess... I've been fluctuating ever since I started on this site, but this is where I was when starting this program, so I'm sure it'll work. ^^;;; )

I am a part-time College student studying Animation and Language, commuting to school from my parent's house.
    I'm also a part-time/fulltime intern at RRDonnelley.
    I enjoy drawing, sewing, and crafting.
    I'm a huge fan of classic animated movies such as Kiki's Deliver Service and Beauty and the Beast.
    I have three cats, two black females(Raven is anorexic, and Mayu is Obese) and one black and white boy (My baby Figaro! <3 )
    I've been to Japan to study language a couple of times (But never for very long) and desperately want to return... Maybe to teach English? =x

Exercise History:
    I've lifted Barbie Dumbbells before, but not very often. I've been a cardio junky off and on since High-school. I moved to the big city for a year with no car or elevator in our building and got down to 149lb!! T^T Then I moved home and gained EVERYTHING back... @__@ So, now I'm here, I've never thought about lifting HEAVY, but I've been intrigued.

I started the program my July... (I don't have an exact date) and am in the middle-ish of Stage 1. Along with the lifting, I've been doing a light cardio and Zumba on off day, but leaving the weekend completely workout free. I'm interested to see how this meshes with my school schedule starting September.. @_@
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Gracia.
    27 yrs old
    4'10" & 3/4 (when you are this short, every cm. count :))
    I have two boys 5 yrs and 2 yrs old.
    I work full time.
    I am currently doing a 4 week reset per the book where I eat at TDEE (I use a BodyMedia to measure) and will finish that on Saturday.
    Looking to do a 15% cut starting Sunday.
    Currently finished with Stage 1 Workout A6.
    I workout MWF.
    I am looking to be leaner...scale weight is really not too much a concern but I am currently at 122 lbs.
  • twinkletoes66
    twinkletoes66 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I'm Marie 46 ,married 3 boys twins(22) boy 17, 2 dogs!
    I'm a part time instructor & personal trainer, iv lost 84 lb over last 3 years ! And worked as a a weight watchers leader until I had major crash last June ! Iv put 14 back on since crash & had to give WW up due to that! Also got post traumatic stress from it! Now feeling more positive ! Struggling with weight loss though ! I eat 1,200 or under a day & fast 1/7 days . Iv downloaded the book last night and am excited about getting strarted! Although feel very daunted about upping my cals eke ! X
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Eleanor, 34, from London. I've been running for a few months now and joined this website last week. I've really been bitten by the bug, and I want to lose weight and get in shape.

I'm really excited from what I've heard about NROLFW. I've just bought the book, and my first set of weights is on its way. I did a wii fitness test today and my upper body strength is pathetic, I can't wait to start building some muscle and burning some fat!

Feel free to add me as I'm new to MFP and could use some pals :-)

El
  • MerBear1985
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am Meredith, 27 and I have been struggling with weight for a while. 40 lb to lose and I love being active. I feel like I need to follow some sort of program when doing weights or I just get lost. Hoping that this in addition to my running will help me blast away those pounds....as long as I can keep my food in check.

I have read through the book and just started stage 1. Hoping to find some more friends on here for support. I need all of it that I can get.

Cheers,
    Mer
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I am Daisy. To make a long story short I have been skinny up until the age of 25. The I moved to the UK and gained about 45lbs. I am really unhappy being overweight and I feel like it is not me. I really don't want to be skinny as I am 32 too now and I want a womanly shape. I tried various diets, running and have a vast collection of exercise DVD's but keep finding myself back at my starting weight. I have recently started to eat clean and drop the dieting and also dropped the scale. I am not interested in my weight anymore but rather how I look! Today was my first day at the gym where I had a trainer going through all Stage 1 exercises. I loved it and I finally feel like I found the right way to become the old me again! Let's hope it'll be a good journey! Would love to find a community here to share thoughts!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    Welcome to the new ladies that found this board!! I am fairly new too :). Good luck on your journey and I hope we an all do it together as we go along.