Stage 3

Options

Replies

• cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the lunges. Does anyone just stay stationary and finish one leg, then move to the next? Same with the jump lunges?

I alternate legs on both stationary and jump lunges.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the lunges. Does anyone just stay stationary and finish one leg, then move to the next? Same with the jump lunges?

I stay stationary and do one leg and then the other. I alternate for the jumping lunges.

Darn-brand spankin' new thread and I just finished 3B today.

Final numbers:
    Barbell Romanian Deadlift: 90 lbs. to 110 lbs.
    Partial Single Leg Squat: 20 lbs. (two 10 lb. DBs) to 45 lbs. (17.5 DBs)
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 110 lbs. to 115 lbs.
    Back Extension: 10 lbs. to 40 lbs.
    YTWL: 8 lb. DBs to 10 lb. DBs
    Swiss Ball Crunch (holding DB overhead): 30 lbs. to 35 lbs.
    Hip Flexion (did prone jackknifes): doing 3 sets of 6 to 3 sets of 12 I just love these things.
    Lateral Flexion (did the Hannas): 10 on each side to 20 on each side
    Prone Cobra: 90 sec. to 90 sec. Can't stand those things

Gonna takeoff Friday from lifting and start Stage 4 on Monday. See ya there!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I've been alternating legs for all the lunges too, but I think doing them stationary would definitely improve my speed. I may try that for A3 on Friday.

Tawnya - AWESOME numbers on Stage 3B. I know you kick *kitten*, but I'm still impressed every time!!!
  • mstawnya
    Options
    Thank you, Karen. Every inch of my body hurts right now so I know I gave it my all. :) I'm not seeing any improvement inch wise or scale wise, but I know I'm stronger so I guess there's that. :) Yes,staying on one leg at a time for lunges def. improved my time (and I only did the BWM to Pitbull's Back in Time so maybe it's a tempo thing?).
  • annamerrick
    annamerrick Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great Numbers Tawnya!! I also finished Stage 3 today. Here are my results:

Barbell Romanian Deadlift --> 85 lbs - 95 lbs
    Partial Single Leg Squat --> 20 lb DBs - 30 lb DBs
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown --> 75 lbs - 90 lbs
    Back Extension: 10 lbs - 25 lbs (felt I could have done more but had some back pain so didn't push it)
    YTWL --> 5 lb DBs - 10 lb DBs

Did ab exercises pretty much as prescribed but did 10 or 12 reps of each. SB crunch with 15 lb DB. Did 90 second prone cobras x 3 and hated every second!

Taking a week off and then will start Stage 4!
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I also alternate legs on both stationary and jump lunges.

Great job ladies! I have 3A tonight - I plan to have a wonderful time with that mean BWM!!!! Ha - have a lovely day :)
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Will be doing the B workout today for the second time time at lunch. Looking forward to it. No dreaded overhead squats. :noway:

Have a great day everyone!
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Stage 3 Workout A complete!!

1 Arm DB Snatch - 20 lbs
    DB Single Leg DL - 50 lbs. 2-25 lb db
    BB Bentover Row - 65 lbs
    DB Single Arm OH Squat - Can you say AWKWARD! 8/15
    DB Incline Benchpress - 50 lbs. 2-25 lb db. I felt like I could have moved up to 30 lb db's if I had a spotter.
    Plank - Ughhhhhh! 45 sec on forearm. 1 minute on hands.
    Reverse Woodchop - 40 lbs
    BWM - Worst time 2:50 Best time 2:10

Last B workout tomorrow night. And then a break until August 6th. Will still be in the gym next week but figure it would be silly to start Stage 4 for one week and then be off a week.. Thoughts?
  • Kmsnomaha
    Options

I stay stationary and do one leg and then the other. I alternate for the jumping lunges.

Darn-brand spankin' new thread and I just finished 3B today.

Final numbers:
    Barbell Romanian Deadlift: 90 lbs. to 110 lbs.
    Partial Single Leg Squat: 20 lbs. (two 10 lb. DBs) to 45 lbs. (17.5 DBs)
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 110 lbs. to 115 lbs.
    Back Extension: 10 lbs. to 40 lbs.
    YTWL: 8 lb. DBs to 10 lb. DBs
    Swiss Ball Crunch (holding DB overhead): 30 lbs. to 35 lbs.
    Hip Flexion (did prone jackknifes): doing 3 sets of 6 to 3 sets of 12 I just love these things.
    Lateral Flexion (did the Hannas): 10 on each side to 20 on each side
    Prone Cobra: 90 sec. to 90 sec. Can't stand those things

Gonna takeoff Friday from lifting and start Stage 4 on Monday. See ya there!
    Wow! Extremely impressive weights.... You are a rockstar...
  • cpa8198
    Options
    Impressive, Kmsnomaha..... especially the 10lbs on YTWL... I'm only at 6 and can't imagine going much higher than 7.
    I would take a longer break... it should refresh you for Stage 4
  • Kmsnomaha
    Options
    Impressive, Kmsnomaha..... especially the 10lbs on YTWL... I'm only at 6 and can't imagine going much higher than 7.
    I would take a longer break... it should refresh you for Stage 4
    I wish I could say I was at 10 lbs on the YTWL (I am at 8 lbs) That posting and credit goes to: mstawnya. She is the rockstar doing 10 lbs on those horrid YTWL's. I will be glad to be done with those tomorrow. :)
  • annamerrick
    annamerrick Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Stage 3 Workout A complete!!

1 Arm DB Snatch - 20 lbs
    DB Single Leg DL - 50 lbs. 2-25 lb db
    BB Bentover Row - 65 lbs
    DB Single Arm OH Squat - Can you say AWKWARD! 8/15
    DB Incline Benchpress - 50 lbs. 2-25 lb db. I felt like I could have moved up to 30 lb db's if I had a spotter.
    Plank - Ughhhhhh! 45 sec on forearm. 1 minute on hands.
    Reverse Woodchop - 40 lbs
    BWM - Worst time 2:50 Best time 2:10

Last B workout tomorrow night. And then a break until August 6th. Will still be in the gym next week but figure it would be silly to start Stage 4 for one week and then be off a week.. Thoughts?
    Great numbers Kimm!! I agree with you re: rest time. I wouldn't start if I knew I was going to be interrupted during the stage either.
  • mstawnya
    Options
    Way to go, Kim! I second (or third) just waiting until Aug. to start the next stage.
  • mstawnya
    Options
    Great Numbers Tawnya!! I also finished Stage 3 today. Here are my results:

Barbell Romanian Deadlift --> 85 lbs - 95 lbs
    Partial Single Leg Squat --> 20 lb DBs - 30 lb DBs
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown --> 75 lbs - 90 lbs
    Back Extension: 10 lbs - 25 lbs (felt I could have done more but had some back pain so didn't push it)
    YTWL --> 5 lb DBs - 10 lb DBs

Did ab exercises pretty much as prescribed but did 10 or 12 reps of each. SB crunch with 15 lb DB. Did 90 second prone cobras x 3 and hated every second!

Taking a week off and then will start Stage 4!

So glad I'm not alone in hating those cobras. :) I don't remember them being in Stage 2, but they are in both 4 and 5. I was making a new spreadsheet yesterday and was unpleasantly surprised to see them in both stages. Ugh.
  • tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ok - I saw some of the comments about waiting to start a stage if you have a trip, etc. coming up. Well I started Stage 3 today - yes literally - I did the 1st A workout today. I do 3 workouts a week - Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. I finished up Stage 2 on Monday so started right into Stage 3 today. Well - a few days ago I found out I'll be going on a mission trip to NJ with our youth group at church (I'm in TX) I say that because with traveling - I'll be gone a total of 10 days.

Anyway - I decided to go ahead and start Stage 3 because before I leave I'll get halfway through the stage. So the question is - when I come back - do I start over with Stage 3 or pick up where I left off? It isn't like a vacation - it is a homebuildiing mission trip - so we will be active all of the days we are on site (which is 5). 2 of the nights will be in a hotel on the way up and back home - but it will be Hampton Inn so I'm not sure of the amount or if they will have any gym facilities available.

Anyway - opinions? I'm game either way!
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be half way through stage 3 tomorrow and then on vacation. I plan to just pick up when I get back and finish the rest of stage 3. I'm going on a relaxing vacation so I'll try to do some body weight stuff like push ups, BWM, planks, abs etc but I don't think it will matter and I don't want to restart.
  • karensoxfan
    Options
    Anna - Congratulations! I think 25 lb. back extensions are pretty awesome! Don't sell yourself short. :)

Kmsnomaha - Great numbers. I'm esp. impressed with 40 lb. reverse woodchops and your BWM times! I agree to start Stage 4 on Aug. 6 too.

Lori - I always dread, and then hate the overhead squats too, but somehow it fades by the time I get to BWMs, and those completely overshadow my dislike of the overhead squats. :o

Tawnya - I guess I'm the odd woman out that I don't hate the cobras yet. I like them better than planks, but if they go to 120 seconds in stage 4 like planks do, I might reconsider my opinion of them.

tchrmom04 - if you already did Stage 3 Workout A1, I'd just keep going up until your trip, then continue where you left off when you get back. Even without a gym on the road, you could always do planks, cobras, BWM, and some HIIT, too. ;)

Koopons - enjoy your vacation! :)
  • karensoxfan
    Options
    A3 for me today. I was excited to hold all 3 planks for the full 90 seconds, and improved my BWM time from 9 min. in A1 down to 7:30 and 7:00 today, mainly by doing 12 lunges on each leg without alternating for the "basic" ones. It's so hard to go straight into the jumps from there, but I did all the reps today, but I still have to take breathers every 6-12 reps or so for the jumps. I will be thrilled no matter how long it takes if I can get to a point where I can do ALL the reps without having to stop. Not likely for A4, but maybe a goal for Stage 5. :)
  • cpa8198
    Options
    Karen - great improvement in the BWM... way to tackle your nemesis... I also agree with your assessment of the OH squats. I hate those, but I forget about it once I'm in the BWM section. A3 for me later today.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I think that is exactly what I will do. :) Maybe if I get in the painting group I can do some jumping squats while I paint! :) (kidding!)

Everyone is doing great. I woke up this morning with DOMS from my Workout 1A - but I'm doing C25K on my off lifting days - so I went ahead and ran today and it was fine. I am not "running" but more jogging - and I was able to do it - so it worked out great. Now I'm moving a little slow tonight - but hopefully that will work itself out since I am supposed to do 1B tomorrow.