Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    The spring has sprung
    The grass is riz
    I wonder where the traffic is!

I'm being dreadfully relaxed and lazy, swapping emails and texts. How do we go back to our old frantic way of living? Only bird twitters here, only the sun in a blue, blue sky. Not a plane to be seen.

I must do something, although the saved from the crushers old homestead is looking pretty clean. Me and the old house get to live a little longer. I'll drag the pup into the garden after lunch when it warms up some more. Lots to do in the garden.

Earlier JACKIE mentioned the hugging Italians. Yes, lovely Maria is a hugger. When she sees me she comes over with outstretched arms. Me I'm typical British, I tend to freeze!! Reserving hugs for family and close friends. I was getting used to being hugged but now I have the excuse.

April 1st, all fools day. How ironic!
    Good wishes to all,
    Annie and the Bean. 🌷🤓❤️🐶❤️
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,365 Member
    edited April 2020
    Good morning. Finally settling in to serious paperwork time. I reviewed my tax documents, called my preparer this morning to review a few things. A couple of errors in the letter they sent to me and an unnecessary form included but needed to understand, it gave the a federal government the right to take my taxes directly from my checking account. No!!! All settled. Starting to write checks now. Taxes, prep fees, homeowners policy etc. Guess I will take my time so I don’t make any errors. ❤️

It rained like crazy overnight. Now the sun is out, which is nice but colder today. I guess we have another burst of winter like weather on the way. I will be inside anyway and just won’t sit on my deck or walk around the backyard if it it’s too cold.

Jackie, glad you were able to pick up your provisions. And very happy you live in a quiet place. Hello to all of your darling fur and feather friends. Take care. I know you will.

Anne, not much going on is odd isn’t it? Not many people leaving for work in the morning and most children play in their own backyards. But oh my, we do have delivery trucks!! UPS, FedEx, SpeedyDelivery (sp.), USPS and grocery delivery services (usually in cars). You are spot on with the airplanes, just cargo carriers for the most part now.

Sandy, how are you today? Too chilly to be outdoors? Keeping all your devices working? What. Scare with that email. Ack! You knew exactly how to handle it. That is great!

Patsy, the tower. Oh yes, why do I think that was a ‘bad’ or disastrous type of card? Maybe it was only thought to be so in conjunction with other cards. I really do not remember that much. A lighthouse sounds much better.

Buzz, missing you ❤️❤️❤️

Barbie, again, I adore those daffodils. I saw some as I drove to to friend’s house yesterday. I found some more material and my friend would also like that so I may make another trip if our state does not go on lockdown.

Jeri, how are you doing? Always miss you!

Greetings to everyone I have missed.

All best wishes ❤️❤️

Lin

• linder4866
    nimq0mcvy8bj.jpeg

Tea in the garden?
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Well,I miss you all,too, It will be awhile before I'm functioning again so don't forget me!
    JACKIE, this may be a mess as I am mostly laid up with 24 hour aides! Unable to walk and figured the nursing department would make the most sense until pain meds could arrive so I applied and was told I could not come in there without a night i n the hospital, and I'd have to be crazy to go there now! I'm in the most undignified positions 1/2 the time and since I cannot stand, I cannot do a thing without help! I'm awaiting special pain medications, available only through pain clinics and between this and m......sorry,lost my train of thought and cannot stay up very long!
    Anyway, wanted to tell you all I'm still around even though separated from you for a bit. I believe it is still gout,lymphadema,and all my other stuff, so will eventually be back! In the meantime, the orange mask is driving me nuts! Can't really sit long either, love you all....
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Wednesday! :) We have a beautiful sunny day with temps going up to 50. Might be a nice day to take a walk. I wish I could say April Fool's Day and tell you that staying in is just a joke but unfortunately this is way too serious. It is breaking my heart to not be able to hold my grandchildren for another month but it has to be done. I will follow the rules even though it gets lonely somedays. We will get through this together.

Buzz, I feel so bad for you and for all that you are going through. Please let your medical staff know how much pain you are in and hopefully things will improve. Praying for you.

Lin, I would love to sit outside and have tea in that area, how beautiful. I am keeping my devices working but with so many people using I think it is just busy all the time. It is mostly because I have wireless internet and TV's. I really shouldn't have responded at all to that email but she made me so angry. All is good.

Anne, there is only so much we can do in our homes and beside who is going to see if we clean or not. lol A day in the garden sounds good, enjoy.

Have a safe day and keep positive.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    And we love you BUZZ. I'm so very sorry you are going through such a difficult and painful time! Praying you get well soon.

We here are asked to only grocery shop once a week. That shouldn't be difficult because theres still no free spots on the delivery site for three weeks, by which time I'll be digging the spuds up I hopefully planted. Never mind, I trust my cavalry will come to the rescue in the forms of Michael or Mark before then.

It's bright sunshine here and 8C or 48F I think. Never mind, parka on and I'll drag Bean out into the garden to do some more clearing up.
    Annie.
  • Gawanne35
    Gorgeous out and we've just got in from gardening. Jillos fur was as warm as toast. The hyacinths have doubled in plants with the fairly mild winter and are showing buds. I can only manage a short time these days before my back starts aching, but I'll get there eventually with a couple of hours each day. Looks a lot tidier.

A phone message from the gvt. Health minister. He asks me to isolate, stay home and stay safe. Hobbies like gardening really help to pass the time happily and although the Bean prefers walks and sniffs, time in the garden is the next best thing.

Hope everyone's day turned out as happy as mine. Teatime!
    Annie. ☕️🙃❤️🐶❤️🌷
  • linder4866
    delraybuzz wrote: »
    Well,I miss you all,too, It will be awhile before I'm functioning again so don't forget me!
    JACKIE, this may be a mess as I am mostly laid up with 24 hour aides! Unable to walk and figured the nursing department would make the most sense until pain meds could arrive so I applied and was told I could not come in there without a night i n the hospital, and I'd have to be crazy to go there now! I'm in the most undignified positions 1/2 the time and since I cannot stand, I cannot do a thing without help! I'm awaiting special pain medications, available only through pain clinics and between this and m......sorry,lost my train of thought and cannot stay up very long!
    Anyway, wanted to tell you all I'm still around even though separated from you for a bit. I believe it is still gout,lymphadema,and all my other stuff, so will eventually be back! In the meantime, the orange mask is driving me nuts! Can't really sit long either, love you all....
    <3 Buzz

Oh Buzz, we would not forget you my friend. Thank you for posting. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Be safe.

Lin

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Today brings Sunshine, rain, partly cloudy, wind, warm and then chilly. I guess we have the entire weather menu for spring.

John took the tax documents in to the tax preparer and that was his big chore for the day. I can see he is planning a nap before our dinner of creamed tuna on toast with a small salad. It is such an enormous task to get our taxes together. You would think we had a lot of money from all the tax info requested, that is not the case however. We have friends who have resorted to delivering instacart orders in Portland because their businesses have been forced to close. One worked at a gallery, another worked at the art museum. Ooooooh this has a very uncomfortable feel about not only the virus but the economic situation. But we humans are an industrious group of animals. We will figure out a way to get the new culture going again.

I think I have the sketch of the tower card ready for paint. I am thinking the entire set of tarot cards would have a color palette of blues, green and gold. What do you think? Too restrictive? Not illustrative enough? Next card I want to start thinking about is the lovers.

I guess I am okay at home as long as I can go out for a drive every week or two. Or I will just walk up our little road/driveway to keep from becoming beset with cabin fever.

Thinking of you all. Sending “get well” air kisses to Buzz. Lin, can I come play in your little playhouse and have a tea party with everyone?
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    Tea before a post

rn8lod0h3mfx.jpeg

❤️🙋🏼‍♀️❤️
  • Gawanne35
    Feeling energetic. Out in the garden at six am. I expect yellow grass this year! We aren't going far for walks.

Busy making bread with fast acting yeast. I've never used fast acting yeast before! Cross fingers! Tidied up, now what. Well still a lot to do in the garden!

The news continues grim here. Luckily for me I am used to being alone with Bean but less fortunate souls are climbing up the wall.

We are wondering now if the really, really bad "flu" suffered by Mike and the bride and groom caught we think on the plane back home from their Dominican Republic wedding was actually the virus.!! All three say they've never ever felt so bad, and were off work for over two weeks and missing out on Christmas. Mike says the hotel was full of Chinese and Russian guests. Makes you wonder and thank God if it WAS the virus, Mike, Rob and Nicky had it so called "mild". China maybe had the virus much earlier than reported.

Meanwhile another wedding guest, purely councidentally I think, is now critically ill in hospital with coronavirus and pneumonia. He's only 30 years.

So please ladies, do stay safe, away from folks and as suggested here in Canada only shop once a week or every two weeks if possible. This thing is DEADLY.

Thinking of you all with affection,
    Annie.
  • linder4866
    Hello, looks like rain a bit later. Going to run a couple of errands from the car.....

Back later. Plan to bake sweet potatoes today! Sounds like fun to me.

Good to see you Anne and Patsy.

Patsy, the color scheme you described seems calming and good for water/ocean related cards. ❤️

Later.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Thursday! :) We will have another zoom meeting today for which I am looking forward.
    It is going up to 60 degrees with sunshine so again I will try to get a walk in which I don't seem to be getting done. I don't know why but I am nervous about walking. Am I paranoid??

Lin, Bryanna should be bringing me groceries today that they ordered online for me. She is so adamant about me going to the store myself. It looks like I won't be able to get my Easter cards which will be a first for me in not sending but I am sure my family will understand.

Anne, I think I agree with you about Michael, it does sound like he might have had the coronavirus. Thank God he recovered and did not have to go to hospital. I sometimes think that cough I had and couldn't get rid of was also the virus but I had no temperature. It is indeed deadly and we all have to be cautious.

Patsy, for the most part I am okay with staying home also. My days seem to be going so fast but I have such a routine and probably watch too many updates from our mayor, governor and the orange man. I keep saying this is like a movie and just can't be real but unfortunately it is.

Buzz, thinking of you and hoping your days get better. <3

Jackie, must be out in your garden with some nice weather at least I hope so.

I told Babe that I want half of his stimulus check since we file jointly, we will see if he does.

Have a nice day, sure is nice with the sun shining.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Yes Sandy, I’m in the garden and at the moment sitting on my swing seat with Betty and a cup of tea! The sun is shining and it’s beginning to feel like proper Spring.

After an enjoyable hour long walk with the pooches I did a small amount of housework then whizzed round the lawns with my mower so the garden is looking tidy. I’m having to grow veggie seeds in trays in the conservatory because that beautiful greenhouse I ordered back in November hasn’t arrived and probably won’t now until the end of summer. I’ve now planted onions, a variety of beans and beetroot that hopefully won’t grow as large as those being held in Lin’s picture!

Sandy, from what I’ve seen going on in your country I’d hope you certainly don’t venture out until your government gets a grip unless you can walk somewhere quiet so you avoid getting close to anyone. The UK is no better with Boris telling us one thing while doctors and nurses tell a different story and I know who I believe! On our news today I saw your president standing at a press conference with a line of men behind him, some in uniform, so close together you couldn’t get a sheet of paper between them... crazy!

Anne, I know of 2 people who were extremely unwell over Christmas with similar symptoms and understand the Chinese government knew they were dealing with a nasty virus long before they let on so could well be! 🤔. Thank goodness it’s Spring and not Winter otherwise we would soon all go stir crazy. As I sit in the last of the sunshine I can hear the loud, grumpy neighbour’s dulcet tones wafting over the hedge and know if it wasn’t for the presence of his daughter’s tall sporty boyfriend he would have kicked off within days of lockdown!

I phoned the vet earlier to ask them to put a package together of flea and worming treatment for George, Betty and Brady so I can collect in the morning without hanging about. Not a problem but I have to phone when I get to the car park because their door is locked. I will then drive to the farm supply store for a couple of essentials but know they are very organised about keeping customers apart.

Well sneakers, another week nearly over and it seems we are all doing just fine. I just wish Buzz could get the pain relief needed to make her life more comfortable. Never, EVER forgotten dear friend. 🥰😍😘

Avocado and prawn salad for my tea... no effort required!

Stay safe. ❤️
    Jackie
  • pinkperil
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/quizzes/bp-hedgehogs

A time waster for a few minutes....
    I struggled amongst the flowering bulbs!!
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Sorry JACKIE, the video doesn't show here. Off into the garden with Bean.
  • Gawanne35
    First little flower of spring.
    ucmajd573w15.jpg
    Annie.
  • pinkperil
    Sorry about the hedgehog game... mean BBC!!
    That's a beautiful flower Anne. Is it a Crocus? Unusual colouring if it is.
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Yes, a crocus it is. The hyacinths are in big green buds.
    Three large brown gardening bags filled so far after last year's neglect. That's just the back garden.
    Annie.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Hello Everyone, where does time slip away. Even in these days of isolation, I seem to be on the go all the time.

I am so sorry that BUZZ is having so much medical troubles. This is just awful. Big big hugs.

Annie - your flower is so pretty. Still have snow here and it's been cold, Not supposed to warm up until next week. I can't wait.

Having said that, I have been going outside despite the cold and walking one to two times a day. I've been trying on all my old winter coats to find one that is light and warm enough to walk in. it's the wind that is especially cold. I try to stick to sidewalks that are clear of the snow and for the most part, they are. I guess exercising is how I am coping with all of this.

Jackie - I love your photos of your walks. One good thing about our cold weather is that it is keeping people inside. Not everyone is as courteous as they should be when it comes to keeping 6' away. I do a lot of stepping out on to the street just to keep a proper distance.

Sandy - when I read about the visit you had from your daughter-in-law and grands I was so happy for you. I thought about you yesterday. I have been doing Weight Watchers for quite some time. I've switched to Maintenance Mode as I am quite stressed and needing more room in my daily points allotment. I decided the best way for me to fit in my daily glass of wine was to pretrack my glass of wine into my daily food allowance. I don't know if you still look forward to your daily glass of wine but I remember years ago it was something you enjoyed treating yourself with. I've now switched to 2 to 3 oz of wine with diet tonic water. Works very well for me. LOL

I miss seeing the kids so much. Everyone is doing well though. Melanie's kids are busy with school work and so are Melissa's. Poor Melissa she is working from home. She was promoted to management about a year ago and has lots of responsibility. Working from home and trying to help the kids with homework too.

Lin - baked sweet potatoes. Yummy. I am making chicken soup today in my instant pot. The kitchen smells delicious. I love the tea pot pictures you post. I'm sitting here with my cup of tea. It certainly is relaxing. Thank you for asking about me. As I mentioned earlier, at times I don't know where the time goes. Reading lots of books, exercising, cooking, watching tv.

Patsy - walking outside is how I cope with cabin fever. Just getting out of the house for a bit really helps.

Thought you might enjoy these pictures of the boys and a cute one of Andrew trying to figure out how to smile. LOL

Keep well everyone.

Jeri in Calgary, Alberta Canada

50twfbaisjtb.jpg
    4siyenw3jfi3.jpeg