Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    edited May 2020
    Happy Thursday! :) Another beautiful day but my knees are a little sore from my two mile walk and hour on bike yesterday. I will just ride the bike today and sit on the balcony for air.
    I have my meeting so that means a shower and looking presentable which I did not look yesterday while walking. Quite stunning don't you think?
    qu52won8k6ri.jpg

Anne and Jackie, a filler is for those ladies who have acrylic nails. When they grow out a bit the technician uses a powder and solution to fill in the nail thus the name filler. When making the appointment you ask for a fill. I did that when younger and ruined all my nails. Now I get a no chip manicure which lasts longer than a regular manicure. Of course not now while in lockdown so my nails are getting stronger which is a good thing. Hope that helps.

Jackie, another great picture of George, he is a ham. Thank you for info on Buzz, there is no area code but I would think she really wouldn't want us all to call her just yet. Did I read right that you sent a card from all of us?

Our governor is going into phase 3 of our lockdown on May 29. That means non essential businesses can open with regulations, restaurants and bars can have outside dining or drinks.
    Hair salons, tattoo parlors, parks and groups of ten can be together all with precautions and masks. I am planning on visiting with the kiddos in the hopes that wearing a mask will keep us both safe but not for another ten days. Who knows I might change my mind as the virus is still with us and it will depend how crazy people react.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,364 Member
    Sandy, area code is same as before.

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Heavens to Betsy! So that's what a filler is. I was imagining women with wrinkles having a paste applied to their faces and then it sort of scraped off leaving the cracks filled! Sort of like a mask! Not half so exciting if it's to do with nails. I just shove my hands in my pocket if my nails aren't perfect.

Little jars of powder, little pots of paint,
    Make the ladies happy and just what they ain't.

Yours in disbelief, Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Since we are sharing Sandy, here's my cat faces mask!
    ow9hw76qy9uq.jpg

Not the most complimentary accessories are they! 😷
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hello sweet friends! Today is cool and partly cloudy. We’ve had a morning shower so everything is green and somewhat damp. Smells wonderful.

I had a very restless night but I have been able to get a few chores done and will entertain the notion of an afternoon doze when my eyes will not stay open. I am feeling okay at the moment.

My heart breaks for dear Buzz. I know she must feel like she has been tossed out to sea without a life raft. I think it is much harder to gain strength when you are not in familiar surroundings. There is comfort in looking at one’s own photos, books, paintings, etc. at least that is my experience. Sending her all good thoughts and best wishes for her return to her apartment.

I had to giggle at Anne’s query about fillers. I have an odd opinion about paint etc. whether it is applied to a wall, a canvas, or a face...it is all GOOD! I have piles of makeup and it is sort of useless fun to fuss around with the makeup. I think there is something that is very much like plaster or putty that is applied before makeup. It is a cream to fill in wrinkles. In my case, I would need a great big jar of the stuff. Makeup is scandalously expensive and really doesn’t make too much of a difference. It is fun to use the face as a blank canvas, however.

We are having a spike in cases here in this little county. To make matters worse, everything is back open. The beaches are closed on weekends but that seems fruitless. People are still coming during the week. We are taking extra care and staying away from everyone as best we can. I think we will be lucky if we can avoid this evil bug.

Please stay safe, remember how much we need each other.
    Patsy☘️
  • Sandydur
    pinkperil wrote: »
    Since we are sharing Sandy, here's my cat faces mask!
    ow9hw76qy9uq.jpg

Not the most complimentary accessories are they! 😷
    Jackie

You look much cuter than I did Jackie. Your hair looks great and helps make the mask look good. We do what we have to do, right??
  • Gawanne35
    Thought I might as well join in the fun!
    "I am a damsel from the east", well you have to admit the north east coast of England is in the east!!!
    3xf2dk2qjqjo.jpg

Anne
  • Gawanne35
    edited May 2020
    My dear eldest says I look like a mad terrorist. I guess the possible Viking blood coming through.? And here's me thinking I'm a dear sweet sensitive soul!
  • Sandydur
    Your dear eldest is wrong Anne, you look great. Maybe my hair will grow during this pandemic. lol
  • Gawanne35
    I'd love to see you with longer hair SANDY. I think yours will be smooth and shiny and not a bit like my hay stack. Anne.
  • pinkperil
    A cooler day after some rain last night so a pleasant walk with the pooches when I didn't need to carry water and their fold up bowl. Last night I crept out around 9pm to burn the dried cuttings that had been building up with my clearance at the bottom of the garden. There is no law against having one but I understand the police could have arrived to ask me to put it out under the current lockdown for some reason so I did feel a bit jumpy. My neighbour laughed this morning as she told me she could see the smoke swirling about although when I first lit the fire the air was still and she knew I'd be worrying. Never mind, not a police state yet and the area is now clear!

Anne, It looks like we have lots of hair between us! Looking in the mirror this morning before my shower (always a mistake first thing!) I came close to taking a photo of mine without the scarf that holds it in some sort of order to show you what a crazy mess it is but decided not to scare you!

Lin, I was appalled at the numbers of people crowding the beaches and was aware when I drove to the store yesterday that we have visitors that will have driven a couple of hundred miles to get here and have no intention of going home. It's so unfair on those of us who have kept ourselves isolated but unfortunately our government has been so vague about what happens next I think a lot of people think the virus has been defeated! Thankfully the store was quiet and I managed to get what I wanted in a short visit but so many people walked into me and ignored the markers and arrows on the floor, there to assist social distancing, I felt myself becoming more than a little irritated! All the more reason for me to continue doing what I'm doing for some time to come. I do understand Patsy's concerns also living in an area that in normal times would be so inviting to visitors but these are not normal times.... try telling the mindless ones!

Sandy, I did post a card to Buzz and signed it from us all telling her how much we missed her and were thinking of her. Not much choice of cards because so many shops are shut but in the end I found one with a picture of an old fashioned bicycle that had a basket full of flowers on the front, leaning against a wall next to a Victorian postbox. I think everyone would have liked it.
    On George's coastal path walk my neighbour kept him on the long lead because she was worried he might run off the cliff edge. There have been a couple of stories here during lockdown of visitors who shouldn't be in the area taking their dogs on similar walks and losing them over the top so rescue services had to be called out when they are currently supposed to be stood down. One dog sadly died so I think she wasn't going to take any risks. Once they were away from the coast he was let off but then she apparently had to carry him up the final hill because he was tired! Love your hat by the way.... did you knit it?

It doesn't seem right without our Buzz popping in so I do hope she can get help from someone to log in on her iphone.

Goodness me, lunchtime already. My neighbours are out to collect their car from its service so will pick up some groceries for me so I can stay away from the crowds!

Take care everyone and have a happy Friday. You may not know it but you're all keeping me sane! :p
    Jackie

• linder4866
    edited May 2020
    No pic of me in a mask but a unique teapot. ☺️ Not my text or photo 🌷

Wood kiln teapots which made by hand completely.
    Lang GUI (Xiao Chunkui)

pnz4sse5tc96.jpeg

❤️
  • Gawanne35
    Oh yes JACKIE we could stuff pillows with our shorn locks. I wonder if being born on an island and near the sea with its howling gale force winds might have something to do with it! Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Friday! :) The cycle continues, laundry today and will probably clean house tomorrow since it is supposed to rain. It is warm but cloudy but they are saying the sun is supposed to come out. Nothing happening here except I am going to install a roku to my TV because my son has invited me to join his youtube TV though google. If I like it I will probably cancel Comcast since I have such problems with them. Of course I will ride my bike later and tonight is Super Bingo with some pretty big pots, wish me luck.

I am in a funk and really trying to get out of it, but nothing seems to be helping. I am better later in the day probably because I am a night person. Maybe if the sun does come out I will take another walk to get out of the house. Just bear with me, I am fine just tired of staying home like the rest of you.

Thank you for sending the card to Buzz Jackie, I appreciate it very much. I might try to send her a text but not sure if she knows how to text on her new phone.

Have a great day everyone, things will get better one day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    edited May 2020
    Well I was looking for news on the TV and just caught the man from the White House ordering all churches, mosques, synagogues to open immediately. He will over-ride any state governor who says they can't. No comment from me on this especially as I am not a citizen but sadly I expect more USA fatalities in the coming weeks. This virus will not disappear miraculously any time soon methinks.

SANDY, I know you are having a hard time and it's so difficult for you without the little ones to cuddle and all your friends. I really do sympathize. Fortunately for me I have lots to keep me occupied during shut in, hobbies etc, and to be honest I'm quite happy on my lonesome, but I do understand how hard it must be for more social and gregarious folk like you and especially for those who live alone. Hang in there love, all things pass in time.❤️❤️

I "chatted" to a friend this morning and revealed I've chucked all my "warpaint" out. The terrorist photo of yours truly in a mask was taken without the stuff. I've worn makeup for years but this lockdown has made me realize I'm quite happy without it. Richer no doubt as well. Jilly still loves me regardless I think.

We are off into the garden on a gorgeous spring day.
    Just stay safe everyone, please!
    Hugs from Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Try not to feel down Sandy as difficult as this weird time is.
    This one is just for you!
    zsv4eccs8al8.jpg

<3 Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Awww thank Jackie and Anne. So Lisa bought this big outdoor screen to watch movies outside. It is for Robby's birthday in July but she just texted me and said why don't I come Sunday night to watch a movie with the kiddos. I will sit on the other side of the fence to keep social distancing. I am excited and of course it depends on the weather but praying for no rain. This has boosted my spirits and put me in a good mood. Even if it rains the next dry day we will do it. Thanks for always being there for me, I love you guys.

Could that puppy be any cuter???

Sandy
  • linder4866
    edited May 2020
    Good afternoon. ❤️❤️ We had a good bit of sunshine this morning but it is long gone now. Back to the dreary overcast which puts a damper on things. It probably is good for my little newly potted plants as a full day of sunshine might still be too much. Still waiting for additional garden supplies so I can plant containers on my deck. I was hoping to receive a shipping notice for the tomato plants I ordered early on. They were on deck for shipping at the beginning of this week but nothing happened so now I would imagine with the holidays I will be lucky if they ship next week. I would be pleased to get things planted and feel like I accomplished something.

Sandy, I have my moments of general unhappiness since I am utterly on my own. I am lucky to have this group of lovely people and sometimes some friends on Facebook Messenger. That is hit and miss, not a daily thing. And while I call people or text them from time to time, there really are only a couple who contact me first. So it is a struggle without my old life of places to go and people to see. So I really understand. Oh and I think the message about Buzz said that new phone number was the ROOM phone so I doubt she can receive texts on it. But I do not know. I wonder if her family has found ways to keep in touch with her?

Jackie and Anne, well whatever the cause, you ladies each have a fabulous head of hair. ❤️❤️ I like everyone’s masks. Cute kitties on yours Jackie by the way. I would imagine if I had that much hair, and I do have trouble imagining it, I would cut at it with my scissors. With disastrous results of course. The piece of hair that was sticking out and I chopped it off, well a chunk is sticking out once again in the same vicinity. 😄

I did get to the library this morning to pick up my books that were on hold. I called yesterday for an appointment and found the rules had changed. 😂🤣😂🤣😂 Of course. I got my bag, brought it home and left it in the garage for a few hours. They are now unpacked and there are a couple that look interesting.

Patsy, our county continues to report quite a number of new cases but the state officials here are kind of, yeah, whatever. Make up your own minds what you want to do while giving sketchy outlines. They have pushed off details onto county officials, municipalities, business owners and others to just handle how to open. While I do not like being told what I can and cannot do, leaving everyone in the lurch isn’t pleasant either. Their huge testing program which was purchased without checking with any other company, is not working as promised. Not that I am interested in testing but many people want to know for certain if they have it simce they have been working steadily over the course of this quarantine. So I am sorry your county is hard hit and a magnet for people.

Well, back to searching for a set of dies that I wanted to use for card making and I swear during the fog of the last few weeks, I must have thrown them out. Eeeeck.

Well, long weekend upcoming. There are lots of things to watch on YouTube even without the YouTube TV and I found a couple more sets of DVDs I plan to watch at least a portion of.

Long distance hugs.

Lin ❤️❤️🙋🏼‍♀️❤️❤️
  • Gawanne35
    First! Great excitement here which will tell you how my life is these days. The potato seedlings which I thought I'd lost to the freezing temperatures a couple of weeks ago are showing dear little green leaves!
    Second, I've obtained a delivery day for groceries, mainly washing detergent etc, for Tuesday next week. That means of course that as lockdown is eased the lot who shoved us old age pensioners out are now galloping off to the stores again. If the second virus wave arrives and delivery places are again unavailable to us slower lot I might starve but at least I'll do it clean!
    Always a silver lining!
    Anne.

• linder4866
    Wahoo Anne. Sounds exciting to me. Good little potato sprouts! I would be excited too.

And a grocery slot, both in a day.

Lucky lady.

🌷❤️🌷