Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    SANDY

2405462ge1o1vz7sx.gif
    hope you are all enjoying a little warm up, we are! we are home, getting some dr. appts done. I'm supposed to be working on our taxes right now.. haha

Didn't get to read all of the posts this week. sorry. did skim them.
    Marie, you don't really need banana pudding for your poke cake. You can use any gluten free flour, add sweetener, liquid, such as milk, and banana extract, which is easy to find in the arrea where vanilla extract is sold. blend thoroughly, strain to remove lumps

talk to you later

Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    1242593d7rgszo121.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time on your cruise. The group picture looks fantastic and so do you. A lovely outfit you are wearing.

I got my running shoes on this morning and went for a walk outside for a change. The
    temperatures are rising. No sun today but it felt good to get walking again.

Choir practice tonight and just finishing practicing at home so I know what I am doing. ;)

Have a great day!

Shirley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,359 Member
    Such a wonderful day today. Got my indoor things finished and sat outdoors in the sun listening to the birds singing and wrote in my journal. Need to walk around a bit, just short of 15,000 steps today. Have lots of dishes to do. Need a shower and organizing my lunch and things to take as I travel tomorrow.

Take care and I hope to be back on Thursday. Nite.

Lin
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Sandy, oh my gosh! What a beautiful family! You all must have had such a lovely time. You love absolutely elegant, by the way.
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    happy birthday Sandy. our one and only. great pics.what a birthday Party.

Beautiful cake too.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Sandy – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love the photo – what a wonderful looking group. You look great.Looking forward to your other photos.

Lin – Sounds like a real nice day – the temp actually hit 50 here today but will be back in the 30’s for a week and that should be it. Can’t wait to hear the birds around here.

Started the day with exercise and a nice small / sweet / somewhat healthy breakfast (146 calories); Then I did some errands in the afternoon, so lunch & snack wasn’t til 2-3pm;

Next we had a “1-hr” Lent prayer get together with friends at 6pm and just got home a few minutes ago (it’s 9:30pm)…LOL

Remembered I didn’t eat supper so I just had a slice of Canadian bacon wrapped in cup of cabbage for a whopping 96 calories.

Wow - only had 270 net calories - guess I have plenty of room for some healthy fruit snacks / yogurt and some cracker chips and/or popcorn. :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,133 Member
    1060707rskwx0iqum.gif

:D Sandy, Happy Birthday.....I saw that beautiful picture of you and your family on Facebook and thought you all looked beautiful and happy.

:D Jake, the pets, and I are all ecstatic to be home together.

<3 Barbie
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Bad day. Foot still sore so no exercise. Got a call back to redo mammogram and then have an additional ultrasound. I went and found out it was for the right breast which wasn't the cancer check up one. Scary. Obviously they saw something but the technician said don't worry it is okay. I sure hope so. I had breast cancer on the other breast -- don't want to get it in my right side as well like my sister.

So anxiety took over. Had some sweets and a glass of wine. Definitely over my 1200 calories.

Oh well tomorrow will be a better day. I see my doctor in a week. Sigh.

See you all tomorrow.

Jeri
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    SANDY, better late than never, HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday. You look beautiful in your lovely group picture. Very elegant.
    JERI, I'm not a bit surprised you are scared, and a glass of wine was definitely called for. Try and concentrate on the technicians words of - "not to worry, it's okay". It's hard NOT to worry of course, quite understandable. My thoughts are with you love, until you get good news from the doctor in a weeks time. God bless, ANNE.
    BARBIE, welcome home, I bet the pets ARE all happy.
    LIN, have a safe trip, and yes, see you, or rather read you, Thursday.
  • NikonPal
    Jeri - Smart move on giving the foot a break...hard to do...but best in the end usually.

So sorry about the mammogram. Similar thing happened with my wife. Her mother had breast cancer etc. so it was scary just like you said. All worked out well after the repeat.

Hang in there -- thoughts are with you! :)

Today's status:

Got up at 4:30am (just woke up early for no reason) & hit the gym; Burned 326 calories doing 60 minutes of cardio exercises (incl. walking 3.1 mph & strength exercises).

BREAKFAST: Garden Lites - Spinach Souffle; Homemade - Spaghetti Squash 3.75 oz; Blueberries Raw 1.5 Oz Total CALORIES: 194

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,267 Member
    edited March 2015
    Happy Wednesday!! :D I am still playing catch up and with Robby napping in my office I don't have access to my desktop. Sad news in our family as Cruzer, my son's rescue greyhound has passed away. It was unexpected and we are all in shock and heartbroken.
    He went in for a routine teeth cleaning but was so nervous he developed an extremely high fever. They were able to get it down with a cold bath and IV and told Rob to take him home where he would be more relaxed and comfortable. He died at home and needless to say my son is devastated. He was ten years old and the best dog, he will be missed but always loved.
    On a lighter note here are a couple of pictures I stole from my daughter's blog.
    5qsg9y4wiwy6.jpg
    k7ti164om8xw.jpg
    smhw1shjphe3.jpg
    8x9sw9vv81w4.jpg

The one with the head phones is what they called silent disco. Everyone wears headphones and those who do not cannot hear the music so it looks so strange to see people dancing and singing. Lots of fun.
    The birthday cake was for my son's girl who's birthday was on the 4th.

Hope to share more if I ever catch up.

Bob, your video is great, I am trying to put one together of my pictures.
    You and your wife make a good looking couple, just saying.
    I did Eastern Caribbean 8 years ago and will admit I loved Western Caribbean much better weather wise, but I love the sun.
    Life is good.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Looking at all the wonderful photos of the vacations and cruises is almost like being there myself. It is so uplifting to see families having a great time together. That really doesn't happen often enough!

Sandy, Have to comment on the sad passing of your son's greyhound. That is the reason, in a nutshell, why we must enjoy trips through your photos. Our doggies are elderly and fragile. They have been our family sweethearts for so long we cannot risk boarding them. Every vet appointment is a scary event for them. So we are to enjoy life locally, currently travel is out of the question.

I have decided to learn Spanish to keep whatever brain cells I have left active. I hear brain cells are like muscle cells. They need a fitness program. Now if I can just get my tongue to cooperate. That lzzzzth sound is causing my tongue to refuse the challenge!

I had a restless night, like many others of you, last night. I still need to do a bit of home tasks but will try for a nap. I have never been very good at naps but today just might be an exception. I wonder if it was barometric pressure or something?

I have decided to add more fish into our diet. We live in an area that makes this an easy thing to do. It is interesting how I have to rethink how and what I fix for dinner with fish as a main course. I learned early on that you can't just put a lovely piece of fish on to cook and forget about it until dinner time! Most of it is great low calorie protein. No frying, EVER!

I am so impressed with your photos! I cannot seem to get my photos uploaded to share. I am a computer incompetent! If I get anything to happen it is by pure accident. Then the chances of repeating the process is totally remote!
    Be brave and risk being totally silly!
    Patsy
    Jeri, hang in there, we are with you. I guess many of us have experienced the dreaded 'call'. I don''t know why, but I never worry. what will be, etc.
    dr. visit this morning, all my labs were good. no increases. Only my vitamin b 12 is still too low. Dr. sending a script for the injections since the daily tablet doesn't seem to be enough.
    I don't mind. I've done it before.
    Got so much paperwork to dive into... I am procrastinating, my normal way of dealing with drudgery.
    Lin, wherever you went, I missed that part, safe travels.
    Sandy, so sorry about Cruzer. It seems strange that a fever developed from stress. Maybe there was a hidden issue, like heart problems.
    I hope Honey does better if she makes it to teeth cleaning time. Have to wait until the heartworm treatment is done. Then check her heart to see what condition it is in. She really needs a good cleaning.
    Got to get to it.
    p.s. Bob, just watched your video, wow, no wonder you ate , lol! lots of grilled foods, yum
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Sandy - Another fantastic group picture, anxious to see the rest. Sorry to hear about Cruzer,
    its always sad to lose a member of the family. I am with Phoebe, I think there must have
    been something else going to cause the fever.

Lin - You said you are going somewhere, I guess I missed it . Safe travels wherever you are going.

Patsy - Sorry about your sleepless night, a nap sounds in order. More fish in the diet in always a good way to go at least 2-3 times a week. I know we should eat more fish too but we do have it at least twice a week. Good luck with the Spanish lessons.

Today was my Yoga class, I am finding it hard getting up early after choir practice at night.
    We have a 2 hour practice and then I don't get home until 10:30pm and then I stay up a little
    before bed. Then getting up at 7:30am for Yoga as you can see I am not a morning person.
    We are advancing on our Yoga Practice and she said today she will be incorporating some new things. I just hope it doesn't get too hard.

The snow is melting fast around here, Yay! we can see the roads and some sidewalks.
    Spring has sprung.

Shirley
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    I meant to say ho to you all, though I still am too disorganized to comment and haven't been able to find time yet to use my leg pump yesterday or tonight, so I must cut short again! Eventually I'll get my days down to manageable, I hope. Anyway, I wanted to tell BOB about the only thing I ever found that literally cured my Plantar Fasciitis and I realized I lent mine to the head of our culinary department so I'll have to look up the name. It's a cloth support that goes around the instep and under the arch and closes with Velcro. It gives excellent relief. I used to suffer all the time, and since using these supports, I haven't suffered fasciitis in years!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,267 Member
    merckmanuals.com/pethealth/dog_disorders_and_diseases/metabolic_disorders_of_dogs/malignant_hyperthermia_in_dogs.html

This might help explain what happened to Cruzer. He had his teeth cleaned twice before so we were not prepared for any complications. We are not looking to blame anyone just for understanding. Time heals and Rob is now starting to remember Cruzer for all the happiness he brought him and not how he died.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • NikonPal
    Sandy – So sorry for the loss of Cruzer and the pain Rob has had to go through. Great photos that show 1) You looked great & 2) You had a fabulous time! As for Eastern v. Western – we loved both. Western gave us the Tulum Ruins (and other historical adventures) & my delicious 100% Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee (lol); Eastern gave us some of the most gorgeous strands of beach available anywhere (we hit at just the right time without lots of other ships). I’ll take either. Glad we were both blessed with losts of sunshine / warmth.

Phoebe – Yes – like most cruises the only issues with food related to “restraint”.

Buzz – Sounds like you have your hands full. I’ll heed your Plantar Fasciitis advice – fortunately I have seen improvement faster than I expected. I did cut back walks to 45 minutes temporarily….but still doing strength exercises. Hang in there.

Today started with – Burning 325 calories doing 60 minutes of cardio exercises, including "walking 3.1 and strength exercises; BREAKFAST: Blueberries Raw 1 oz; Dannon - Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control Vanilla Cream Yogurt, 2 oz.; Banana 0.5 oz.; Driscolls - Strawberries - 4 oz; : Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 0.1 tbsp (sprinkle); Total Calories: 150 (that puts me at -175 for the day --- so far) Might have some fried fish today..hmm.

Heading out now to say goodbye to relatives heading back to their home in Florida and then to the hospital to see close family friend in hospital....

Enjoy the DAY!
    Bob :)