Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,113 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Good afternoon. Cold, overcast with bits of snow. Nothing in sight for warmer weather. In fact, they are saying this will be one of the coldest Valentine’s Days on record. They followed that with, guys buy your gifts now. Don’t wait. 🤣😂🤣

I did make a trip to the library this morning. Books that were due are turned in although they won’t show as returned for a couple of days. Also picked up more books on hold that were available.

I watched a Zoom meeting by our County Health Department with information on the vaccine program. It was only a half hour. Presented by a lady who sounded tired. I wonder how often she has to repeat this same information? There is NO help available from the county for seniors who do not have a computer in order to sign up. Everyone that puts a schedule out there online, does it at their own pace. So the county posts theirs at noon, while MediCap apparently posts theirs at midnight. Just keep trying she said. Now how the heck would you do that if you do not have a computer? There is a phone line to answer questions but they will offer no help to sign up. Lovely right?

Finally, Easter cards assembled UNLESS I decide to add some little flowers. That would take forever. Each little piece has to be stamped separately and each has two layers. Then each individually bit would have to be either die cut or fussy cut. I don’t know if I am up to that and it would make each card thicker, pushing the line on what is allowable with USPS.

Here’s an example of the front of the cards.

o3kdswe5xqus.jpeg

I know, just pushing you all to say, oh, how nice. I do like the silver. You stamp with transparent sticky ink. Then sprinkle with dull looking silver embossing powder removing any excess. Finally you use a heat tool to get it to melt and produce the shiny silver. TMI!

Okay, so I have loads of books to read, laundry piled up, a puzzle I dumped out of the box but never started and lots of Zoom meetings coming up. As well as some trying to keep my car going.

Our state is now totally open with each business doing whatever they think is prudent. My car place is every man for himself so to speak, my advisor said, you are on your own if you come here. Spring would probably be better according to him. I agree, I could stand outdoors. Wahoo!

The Zoom meeting last night was to be about chocolate and Valentine’s Day and it was. However, it was cooked beats and cooked garlic with a balsamic glaze with a little cocoa powder added. Okay, not my idea of chocolate. 🤣😂🤣

I have flipped to a new page so I am sorry, I have not read the posts recently.

Annsie, I know you said Michael is not going to come over for a while due a person at work who has Covid although he was not really exposed. Jilly will be sad. Okay, so tomorrow is the grocery and pear delivery? I am sorry you had so much to straighten out. Yipes!

Bob, I would be more than happy to share snow and cold weather with you. I hate to see you below normal in snowfall. 🤣😂🤣 I believe we are far above normal although I only heard that out of one ear this morning while doing other things.

Sandy, holy grocery pickup day. Any word on how everyone in your son’s house is feeling? Take care. I hope your weather is more hospitable than here.

Jackie, I hope you are feeling well today. Thanks for the posting of the graphs. Very interesting. The county health department says we are receiving Pfizer vaccine but everyone here talks about receiving Moderna. I would rather have Pfizer given what is known now as it is reportedly more effective against the variants. No choice of course. So you should be as protected as possible.

Patsy, I apparently missed you as well. I hope you are taking breaks, if you are watching the impeachment proceedings. I am a bit disturbed to have just a few channels and so many are carrying the proceedings. I wish the locals would decide who would carry it and the rest would have regular programming including our local news and weather.

Hi Jeri and Barbie.

Take care everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,067 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) In between watching the impeachment I picked up my groceries with one item out of stock and the other where I ordered two creamers they only had one, so a good delivery. I also ran into the Dollar Tree for February cards as I am not as talented as Lin. I did receive two beautiful Valentine Day cards.
    l8acp68qt9od.jpg
    vfvpfr3twyes.jpg
    My daughter bought a new circuit with her Christmas money from me and made me the bottom card.
    My son and his wife sent the other and I love the pop up.
    Lisa just texted me she tested negative for Covid so the kids should be fine, they are all feeling much better today.
    Could be all the sledding they did and getting chilled. I am relieved.

I really don't know where this day went but it is time for dinner so I will be back in the morning.
    Have a good evening and you know.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    The big Scandinavian freeze continues! Yesterday afternoon I called a friend on FaceTime to thank her for a birthday present that arrived after being held up somewhere. It’s a jigsaw puzzle and the picture did make me laugh because she often nags me to finish a screenplay I began over 20 years ago and has sat on floppy discs in a drawer collecting dust.
    59mx7z6oqzn8.jpeg

We talked for an age because she was struggling with lockdown and is generally a social butterfly but we had a lot of laughs so she admitted she was feeling a lot better by the time we said our goodbyes.

This morning I needed to drive to the farm supply store for hen feed so popped the dogs in the car with me and took them to local woods that are on the way. We are not supposed to drive to an exercise spot but I figured the shopping trip was a good enough excuse and anyway the car park was decidedly busy with other dog walkers! Because so many people were about I took the dogs on a steep footpath to the top of surrounding hills. The ground was frozen solid and rough to walk on where recently muddy areas had turned to lumpy bumpy terrain. George and Betty loved being off road sniffing amongst the fallen leaves but when it was time to get back down to the car park it was a slow, careful pick across the uneven ground but we made it safely.
    This afternoon I donned a bobble hat and thick jacket, took a container of warm water down to the chooks then tidied an area of recently cut hedging and lit a bonfire. Very satisfying!

Bob, so much has been handled badly from the very start to where we are today with this pandemic that I’ve lost count of the number of times an opposition politician has called for an independent enquiry. Of course the response is always “this isn’t the time“ and I’m guessing that time will never be found. I’ll follow your link once I finish typing here.

Sandy, we’ve all been so careful for nearly a year now so I’m sure you are doing the sensible thing staying home away from the children until you know it’s safe. I’m sure your weight will settle back to losing. All finished in my chimney and I’ve paid Robbie. Is a bank transfer. He’s gone back to hide in his forge and create parts for a motorbike kit he’s putting together for himself. He was explaining how he looks online at pictures of the old original bike he’s creating then works out how to make the required metal pieces. He’s a typical smithy that loves to make old fashioned items from garden gates to stove hoods and tools.

That’s a shame Anne that Mike is having to keep his distance for a while but better to be safe as you know he’d never forgive himself if the unspeakable happened. Did your “Free” pear arrive and was it worth it? I’m assuming you managed to get the delivery charge dropped. That’s great that you found the rest of the Fred series and I can imagine your father would have loved to have met him and tinkered with those wonderful Victorian engines in his back garden.

Lin, that cat teapot was like a 3D puzzle so I had to squint at it to see the picture. Those cards ARE beautiful it my, so much work involved! Your card making is a full time job this time of year and I do admire your stamina. I’m sorry you don’t appear to have a decent vaccination set up locally. Even when ours is going so well our government remains reticent about planning for a post Covid summer with everything back to some sort of normal so I can’t imagine how bad things would have become without the current tight lockdown while we all get vaccinated. I had to laugh at your zoom chocolate recipe... nothing particularly romantic about those ingredients! 🤣

Patsy, your comments in the past about requiring subtitles for some British accents have always made me smile so I’m thinking you would need even more help with dear Fred Dibnah!! I’ll see if I can find a YouTube link.
    Swollen glands in the armpit is on the App list we have to check off each day but luckily when my lymph glands were examined during my hospital visit the day after my vaccination there was no sign because that could have confused the issue!!

It’s close to midnight so I’ll eat a satsuma that’s been waiting patient long the coffee table all evening then get off to bed.

Keep warm everyone and we’ll follow Bob’s countdown to Spring 😁
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello again, had a moment to check YouTube for Jackie and Anne’s special program...Fred D. Found it and he is indeed a cutie! Really couldn’t understand all of the dialog but could follow some of the thread. He was like grandpa was. Proud of his skill and fond of ward work and charming to the bone.
    Just to say......
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Late teapot. I have been talking on the phone!

xq3jca5mjgpw.jpeg

Love these happy polka dots!

Sandy, I think what she purchased was a Cricut machine. (Yes, I have one but found I do not care for it much after really trying it out). Each to their own right? Lovely cards!!

Good evening. I will not get on my phone again this evening.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »

Sandy, I think what she purchased was a Cricut machine. (Yes, I have one but found I do not care for it much after really trying it out). Each to their own right? Lovely cards!!

Good evening. I will not get on my phone again this evening.

Lin

You are right Lin, spelled it wrong. Thank you
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Brrr, another cold blustery day so walking wasn’t at all pleasant; not for me and Betty but George is in his element as he imagines he’s trekking the Himalayas! My neighbour messaged a suggestion she gets up on the scaffolding with a wire brush to rub off ant flakey paint on the gable end of my cottage but I said no way is she going up there in a freezing gale! Did I mention she was made redundant after our first lockdown and decided to start a gardening service business. It’s taken off even this time of year and on my walk back home I saw her with a wheelbarrow and tools on her way to a local client so doesn’t ever stop. The builder that’s brother-in-law of the electrician who worked here recently has phoned to say he will visit Sunday morning to see what’s required so hopefully it won’t be too long before the internal walls are replastered.
    The hens have been fed and warm-watered so I’m going to relax this afternoon once I’ve made a short visit to our farm shop for fresh veggies.

Patsy, well done for finding Fred on YouTube and understanding him! I did find a video of an American couple viewing an episode as they discussed British tv. The man did well with the accent but had to keep explaining to his wife as she admitted she didn’t understand! Robbie the smithy just phoned to check my fire is working fine, which it is and we talked about a wrought iron gate at the end of my path leading to my garage I’ve asked him to look at as it needs a small repair. He reckons it’s over 100 years old and explained how it would have been made. Ah,just like Fred Dibnah I said which set him off on how much he loved the man, in fact has all series on dvd!!

Love your Valentines cards Sandy, especially the stand up basket of flowers. I’m sure if I had a Valentine to send a card to I would visit a shop rather than do what Lin does so well. 😉
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Oops, hit send when I didn’t mean to but will sign off now and get to the farm shop.
    Take care everyone. Stay warm and safe. ❤️
    Jackie
  • Annsie35
    Annsie35 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Well........we had a touch of excitement in our lockdown frozen world this morning. I had ordered my groceries for 10 - 12 delivery but the phone rang at 8 am and a warm Caribbean voice, not Dorio's, asked if he could deliver NOW. Well I was up and running so no problem. Everything was as should be in my delivery FREE order including my FREE pear. The delivery guy put everything inside my front door and thrust the biggest bunch of assorted tulips I'd also ordered at me. Tightly budded I decided I could do with a hint of spring and what better than choosing valentine weekend. Grown in Canada but must be from a greenhouse as we experience the coldest winter in decades.

AND I ordered frozen packaged Thai pan Thai for Sunday lunch as well which will also make me think of warm spice scented evenings if I don't look out the window. I don't often eat pre cooked delivered so a day for putting my feet up, as if I'm not doing that anyway at this time.

Nothing much else to report. I've never worn so many warm clothes in my life. All the ancient stuff is coming out of mothballs. Today it's black tights, warm shirt and a very thick woolly jerkin knitted whilst I was still working and I've been retired 20 years!

Loved LIN and SANDYs gorgeous cards, thanks for sharing! BOBS back full of beans, PATSY concocting meals to fatten John up, JACKIE in recovery mode with George the wonder Sherpa dog, and I'm sure JERI is still striding out, what a girl! with BARBIE knitting away as she pedals.

Alls right with our world.
    Annsie.❤️🌹
  • linder4866
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hello. Must hurry. I suited up for the cold and ventured out to Costco’s gas station and filled up the tank in the SUV. Wahoo. Made it there and home. I looked at the service sticker. Would you believe I have driven 1,000 miles since the last service in early September 2019! Oil life is still 70%. Fingers crossed all will be okay until spring. I wonder if an old vehicle like that can go another 94,000 miles? 😂😂🤣🤣

A Zoom call coming up soon. Agricultural topic again. I had thought these were limited to 1 hour. I have noticed they will go as long as the moderator decides I guess. Several weeks have exceeded an hour and a half. So getting ready to settle in.

Teapot before I get rushed and forget. Another cat. More easily discerned I think.

6fgmqqmo82yv.jpeg

Jackie, I love the puzzle photo you shared with us. Lovely one and yes, do go ahead and finish that novel, we are all in! I spoke with a friend yesterday and she is the first person to have received Pfizer vaccine and she is glad to have received it rather than Moderna. Her only issue is she also is struggling to try to get a second appointment. Your system is much more organized. We are all running about not knowing what is going on and our unpopular governor is now paying Microsoft to come up with a scheduling system. Yes, well, I will look forward to that. From the folks that nearly crash my laptop with every update and seem to be unreachable unless you have some type of service agreement in place. Which is one reason why computer repair shops thrive.

Sandy, I also love the pop-up card. That is like a little centerpiece❤️❤️ I loved the mascot for Cricut. Have you seen it?

k4orv3n8zr9a.jpeg

Anne, well, what a delivery you received this morning. Fresh tulips sound like a beautiful addition to your home. And please savor the free pear.

Darn, running out of time. Be well and safe everyone.

Waving to Patsy, Barbie, JERI, and Bob.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Some of the other Easter cards I made this year.

qw95yyvfwkzs.jpeg
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    GOOD AFTERNOON SNEAKERS - Sun is out, roads are clear and only snowed a little at 6am when temp was in the teens. Got some great Valentine’s Day cards/notes from the grandkids yesterday. Called them last night - awesome. The love they show us and each other continues to amaze me. Earlier my daughter had texted me that the Girl Scout cookies had arrived and sent a pic. I replied with a meme. Must say I have been in a humorous mood the last 24 hrs with meme’s.

bzlsh81m8e1v.jpg

Just finished a wonderful lunch of: Shredded Chicken Salad, shredded lettuce, coleslaw, Cucumber, Green Onion stalks, artichokes, Yellow Bell Pepper, Broccoli, celery, Cajun Seasoning, Pimientos, Dressing mix (Zero Sugar BBQ Sauce/Apple Cider Vinegar and Balsamic Spray).

yy109gbizn6n.jpg

Patsy – Looks like we are having some similar weather. Hope the eye doctor appt went well. As for stumbling around… Jean needs more sleep than I do. My norm is about 5 hours…. Jean does better on 8. When I was younger, I was more ridged about plans…now I am more fluid and adventurous…but still have retained some strictness with regards to some scheduling – I am always on time for appointments etc.

As for red meat – we only have it 1-2 times on a weekly basis. There was a time, I always wanted a 16oz and up cuts. Over time that dropped to 6-8 oz and since May 2019 my average is only 2-3 oz. Conversely, I have never eaten more veggies etc.

Someday, I am going to try fresh salmon again…for now I mostly eat haddock or halibut (in season). Sounds like a wonderful Valentine’s dinner you have planned. Strange you mentioned “Sugar-free dark chocolates” – I just bought a few pieces made with Stevia this week, but haven’t eaten yet.

Hope you get your “jab” soon!

Lin – Hope the sun breaks thru for you soon.

Sorry about the lack of online vaccine sign-up procedures. I will likely get fill out everything next week to get in line. Your Easter cards are gorgeous and love your planned additions of flowers etc. but can relate to your USPS dilemma.

Sandy – I hit the Dollar Store today for a couple cards and aluminum pans! Can’t beat those prices. I hope to make a card for Jean by tomorrow. With regards to time, it seems the days just fly by…maybe it’s just the added value I place on it with each passing day. So much to do and only so much time remains.

Jackie – Agree. Lots of information…some good some bad. Lot’s of money, politics etc. involved. I am not a Fauci fan for numerous reasons, but that aside – I will likely move forward with the shot etc. after my cardiologist appt next week.

Jean just came into the room and asked if I wanted to walk --- so off I go! Carpe Diem (whatever is left). LOL.

Ps – Jean and I bought a Waken freezer. LOL

fcbedhnmegu0.jpg

• linder4866
    Options
    Bob, groaning and laughing at your freezer pun 🤣😂🤣😅🤣😂🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Had my meeting so I am late in posting. Snowing again but not expecting a lot until Saturday.
    Spending a lot of time watching the impeachment but it is done for the day until tomorrow. Still want to ride my bike before making dinner which is leftovers from yesterday. Nothing else is going on, just another day.

Bob, funny meme about freezer and the cards are adorable. Who gave you the scratch off card and good luck. Salmon sounds so good, I haven't had it in a year or more. Did grandma and grandpa order a lot of cookies??

Lin, love the kitty teapots and love your Easter cards. It sounds like my daughter might be getting back into making cards again which I hope she does. The mascot is really cute. I have to admit this is the first time I remember my adult children sending me a Valentine Day card. I was really surprised.

Annsie, the tulips will brighten the house, I love fresh flowers but never remember to order them. I also am wearing very warm clothes and very old clothes to keep warm. These temperatures are just too cold for too long.

Jackie, I am glad you talked your neighbor out of climbing a ladder with gale freezing weather. So George loves the cold weather, even though he is so small? Does he wear a warm coat?

Time to ride the bike, so hello to Patsy, Barbie and Jeri. Stay warm and dry and safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,957 Member
    Options
    :)bob, loved your girl scout cookies and walken refrigerator

:)lin fabulous cards

:) I had my yearly fasting blood test on Wednesday morning and got the results back by the end of the day---all normal

:) yesterday I delivered another knitted blanket to Project Linus

:) This morning we had just enough snow to cover the ground so the dogs and I had a fabulous walk. Temps all day have been below freezing.

<3 Barbie
  • Annsie35
    Options
    Morning all. The Bean and I had just settled down, me to watch a little of The Impeachment and Bean for her afternoon nap next to me on the sofa when the phone rang and unbelievably it was my old friend Flo sounding and talking just like the old Flo I had so much travelling fun with in the past. She was back! We had a glorious two hour natter and she just about remembered everything! Mind you she phoned again in the evening for another hour. Not so nimble these days her family are looking into a decent care home for her, and as she said, lots of macabre choices these days with all the deaths. She's hoping she will be able to find one near me. At the moment numerous cleaning ladies, shoppers etc are having her living like a lady because of her arthritic limbs. Felt quite envious on that score, but then remembered I am so much better off being independent. She is five years younger than me, the ancient one.

The tulips are slowly unfolding their petals and should be very pretty by St. Valentine's Day.

I didn't get Bobs Waken freezer joke. I've never heard of Waken?

No Mike today and he's working double shift all this week because his partner's wife produced a 10lb baby girl yesterday. His business partner is the bosses son and I think they are all in shock. Take their minds off the virus that's for sure.

And on that happy note I'll go and do something before Flo on an obvious high bless her phones again! Unlike me she's a late riser so I've got a couple of hours to vacuum before Flo sits in her dressing gown, drinks coffee and watches her energetic Norwegian cleaning lady. I can't tell you how happy it made me to have my old friend back!!!!

Annsie. ❤️❤️
  • Annsie35
    Options
    Just looked up and it's snowing again. Anne.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Well it was a FREEZING early morning, but the sunrise was sweet. Picked up a few “side-dish” fresh veggies at the grocery store after a 3 mile treadmill walk. Back home for clean-up and some chores. For lunch I will make my own low-carb coleslaw – but also going to treat myself to 4-5 oz piece of fried haddock (something I only do every 4-6 weeks). Normally I do baked haddock or halibut. Living on the edge. LOL

906ofh0z0230.jpg

No second walk today. Going to watch some of the 2nd impeachment circus. I did watch a few hours of the House managers presentations - filled with lies, edited clips, unrelated issues and misrepresentations. Not my opinion. Verifiable distorted events. They have been trying to impeach since before Trump was sworn in. It was January 20, “2017” that the Washington Post published an article entitled “The Campaign to Impeach President Trump Has Begun.” Very sad that such an important process has now been diminished for pure political reasons.
    As former independent counsel Ken Starr noted Trump’s second impeachment is 'unconstitutional' and sets 'dangerous precedent'. The whole thing is being presided over by a non-impartial Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.

Today, I am assuming the defense will fill in some gaps and correct some of the lies. Can’t say I was impressed with Bruce Castor’s rambling opening statement on Day#1. OK. Enough politics.

Lin – The “groan” is understandable, but I did laugh at it. I do love Walken… and what a dancer. Not sure if you ever saw him in the video: Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice. Millions of people have… here is the link…

https://youtu.be/XQ7z57qrZU8

Sandy – Hope you don’t get hit too bad with snow. No real bad forecasts here except for VERY COLD temps over the next 7-10 days (won’t break 20’s.). Love all the Walken meme’s. The lottery ticked was simply enclosed with a note from all. There was also a card from my daughter and her husband to us. They apparently haven’t rec’d the card we sent them yet (with a $2.) lottery ticket enclosed. I’m not a big lottery person, but the kids love it. In fact, the cards they sent had jokes and you had to scratch off the punch line.

Yes, we ordered 2 boxes from each of us. I will not eat any and Jean says she can’t trust herself not to eat them all over time, so I guess we’ll give away 1 box to her Uncle. Speaking of which…found out yesterday his neighbors wife tested positive. We almost stopped to see him this week and glad we didn’t. We will likely keep our distance for a couple weeks to see how things play out.

Barbie – I will tell Jean to eat a few Girl Scout cookies in your honor! LOL

Anne – Here is a link to Christopher Walken movies that might jog your memory. He was an Oscar Winner for Best Supporting Actor in The Deer Hunter. Oscar Nominee for Best Supporting Actor in Catch Me If You Can and numerous other endeavors – including SNL appearances. You might also recall he was on the Natalie Wood yacht with Robert Wagner.

https://www.listchallenges.com/christopher-walken-movies-full-list

SOOOO glad you have your old friend back!

Well, I have delayed long enough and need to get down to business.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Stay healthy. Bob :)
  • pinkperil
    Options
    A bitterly cold day and the only reason I braved the howling wind was because I needed to carry the rubbish to the top of our track by the road for the refuse men to collect. Only saw one neighbour from a distance so we waved and moved on then, after a hot mug of coffee I stood George on the conservatory table to brush his coat and trim round his face as much as he would let me.
    Remembered that I enjoyed a locally produced pork pie for my lunch yesterday which may be why I gained a pound. Will try harder next week. 😛
    The latest jigsaw has been worked on and I’m currently in the middle of vacuuming the downstairs rooms while George barks at nothing!

Glad to say it’s very easy to avoid Trumps impeachment trial here in the U.K, in fact it barely gets a mention. I do miss my morning giggles at whatever he’d been saying, or should I say tweeting, the previous day!

George still barking so I’ll get back to vacuuming and do my best to ignore him.

Happy Friday everyone. Lots of layers for everyone and keep warm.
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, another cold day with wind chill warnings. In fact, worse for the weekend is coming I guess. There is a glimmer of a hope for high temps in the teens and maybe low twenties late next week. I am holding on for that!

I am waiting for a phone call. I found an offer in one of the many emails I receive for pick up and delivery service from the Toyota dealer where I take my Prius. Limited time offer so we will see. I spoke to a lady who said she had to give my information to the person who does the pickup/delivery scheduling. The offer runs out March 1st. Think it’s likely they will be able to fit my car in by then?

Okay, the economic Zoom call was indeed an hour and a half yesterday but they are now cutting off at exactly 1.5 hours. They must have had feedback. 😄 Next week there are two days of National meetings. I have tried to sign up for those but we will see.

Another decluttering meeting this afternoon. It was the week to toss out craft and hobby materials. Well, that definitely did not happen. I toss bits and pieces from time to time. That is it for now. I think next week is electronic media. That’s later. They will remind me.

I am taking a quick break from birthday, general greetings and sympathy cards to focus on Christmas and winter cards. I have a dozen little snowmen I would like to color and maybe some ornaments as well. Started one a little while ago. Thought it was cute.

v3ci7j69kvuk.jpeg

Oh, and a morning teapot. Yes, another cat. This one holding a fish. Not very appetizing for tea!

lyu2jaaulrkh.jpeg

Ann, I am glad you had a good conversation with Flo. That is precious ❤️❤️ And I am happy you relived happy times. I had a long conversation with my friend who really should not be alone. She doesn’t seem to understand conversations these days. She said she never knew anyone who parked their car in the basement. Yes, I am still trying to process where that may have come from. Well goodness, a new baby has arrived. I am sure that is the center of conversation where Michael works. Hope she and mom are doing well.

Bob, you have temperatures above zero? Wow, still a few degrees below here with a bit of wind. Yes, I am staying indoors other than the mailbox later. Wish I still had some snowpants. Those really kept the wind and cold out. I digress. Have a good weekend. No allure for Girl Scout cookies. Your dealers are cute!

Jackie, so is George all combed out now? Maybe the barking is retribution for the grooming. 😀 I started on my newest jigsaw puzzle while listening to the call yesterday but did not concentrate well on the puzzle while peering at the speakers. I hope your puzzle is coming together much better than mine. 🤞🏻 I hope everyone is warm, cozy and that no barking is still going on.

Sandy, really, you don’t receive Valentine’s regularly? I come from a family of Valentine’s Day card sender back to my grandmother (on my mom‘s side). We always sent or gave them each year to family and friends. I just thought it was the thing to do. ❤️❤️ Glad you are enjoying them this year.

Patsy, good day and hoping John is gaining a few ounces each week. How is Katie? I hope you are enjoying a creative streak. It helps boost the mood a bit I think.

Barbie, wow, another blanket finished! You are fast.

Hoping everyone is safe and well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Laundry is going, dusting to be done and my glasses are ready for pickup. I will be watching the impeachment and although I don't want to get into a debate with Bob, I totally disagree with him. I honestly believe that Trump incited that riot and should be found guilty. The security videos showed us so much and I haven't had a day where I wasn't in tears because of what was done to the police and how violent that mob was. I will be open to the defending council but I really do not think they should let trump hold office again and I am not alone. Sorry Bob.

Jackie, bitterly cold here as well but I don't walk outside just drive in my car. I did manage to lose my unwanted weight mostly from staying away from my salty chips and treats. I also put my goal calories back to 1200 because it just works better for me.

Annsie, so glad your friend has a great day and you were able to have a 2 hour conversation with her. There are many things to be grateful for in all this chaos, good friends are one. Wow, a ten pound baby girl, that is one big baby.

Barbie, good job on the blood work, always love normal. I presume the dogs love the snow or do they wear boots?

Time to eat. Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time