Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Phoebe – Yes, the climb is pretty high up and I think my wife might think I’m nuts just contemplating it. Not sure I can handle the high up areas when you walk on rope. I just don’t have that balance ability. I am still not in shape for it, just yet…not sure I have seen anyone my age do it.

Patsy – Love the painting. You should set up a website to display all your work someday. Hope you post more when you get your marine series put together.

Sandy – When you mentioned Please Don’t Eat the Daisies – pictured Doris Day and David Niven & the dog! Que sera, sera (LOL) ; I tried out the recumbent bike today (along with treadmill) & will slowly increase usage. I liked it. Did I mention I am jealous of Florida? Just kidding…sounds like a great plan.

Jackie / Anne Shirley – Ernestine puts me to shame. Funny – I love seeing older people at the gym (or people with challenges working out) because it negates any excuses I might try to give myself. My goals are similar to yours. I personally would never want a bodybuilder physique etc. just a simple lean-mean-fighting machine (LOL). OK – those days and potential are long gone…walking under my own power is all I ask.

Oh well – tonight there is a final Lenten group gathering. I must say, I am not the kind to attend these gatherings on a regular basis – but I made the commitment and respect / like the husband/wife organizers very much. It really is a group of decent people.

Time to get going – have a great night. Bob :)
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,167 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone. Just read through all the posts. My goodness, what a variety of pictures, videos, history lessons and more.

Hugs to everyone. Apparently this darn fatigue isn't going to loosen its grip on me for a while........take care everyone.

Lin
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Lin, hope you get rested. Spring fever? Pollen? Weve had record highs this year for pollen count.
    Enjoying Yuma Az. About 85 degrees.
    Patsy, wonderful painting, thanks for sharing.
    take care all

Phoebe
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Almost time for bed again so thought I'd at least check in briefly. This morning I swam at the local leisure centre with friends and then did a bit of shopping before heading home for a light lunch. This afternoon my new car was returned to the dealer for a mechanical check because a couple of times when driving a warning light has come on indicating the engine overheating so I've got a little courtesy car to drive for a couple of days. Tomorrow should be a quiet day with no plans other than to continue my garden tidying. A cold night with close to freezing temperatures so winter still biting occasionally!

Anne ~ It seems to me you made a good decision to stay in Canada close to your boys and their families in what is generally a beautiful country with uncomplicated politics and lifestyle apart from "Vive le Quebec libre"!! LOL I gather history lessons in our schools today don't go further back than WWII... such a shame when there's so much more to get their teeth into.

Shirley ~ you've often commented about crossing into the US but I hadn't realised you're American, not Canadian. Was Dave the attraction that had you heading north?

No time to continue as I'm falling asleep over the laptop and George is snoring in his bed!

Nite nite!
    Jackie

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    SHIRLEY, I wondered that too! WAS Dave the attraction?
    LIN, maybe all the trauma of the past few weeks is finally catching up with you, and your body is telling you. Spoil and coddle yourself for a while because you deserve to. I know I'm maybe out of line here with advice, so forgive me, but my youngest DIL lost both her parents in a very short time frame recently and disposing of everything (amazing what they accumulated) was just a tremendous, exhausting task for her, and she had my sons help of course, whilst you are on your own? Anyway, you are in my thoughts and I'm wishing you a quick return to your normal health, Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    April 6 Shirley. how exciting. We are loving seeing the new pictures of our great grandson. Can hardly wait to go to Springville to see him April 6th.
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,982 Member
    Options
    :D Today's big adventures--hours of dog walking---watching DWTS while riding the exercise bike---family nap---sorting through slides of a cruise across the Pacific in 1973

<3 Barbie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    O dear, I'll never catch up! Can't stay, as I must use my new expensive leg pump. Slow process. Have I shared that DS and his "almost wife" have gone on the Paleo diet and he is actually losing weight....and preparing his bicycles for NJ spring weather? Did BOB give me a link for DS concerning his own struggle and success? I think it might inspire DS, especially since he, too, is a splendid photographer. I told him about the beautiful photos of prepared meals and he took the website URL for consideration!
    I may be way behind, but if you haven't yet seen "The Theory of Everything" ...do not miss it! Besides the incredible acting, the story of Steven Hawking's battle with ALS since the 1960s, and the fact that his brilliance and humor have survived, ( he is now 73 or 74 and with his 3rd wife!) despite having been given a 2 year life diagnosis in his late teens or early 20s! Badly constructed sentence but splendid movie and definitely NOT a tear-jerker!
    Anyway, I must find time to read the past week's posts so I know what's happening.
    My community started a support group today for care-givers and I already feel help is very close by! We have a psychologist and 2 social workers leading the group and so far talking of once a month. I bet the members will meet more frequently! It made me aware of recognizing certain stages and behaviors DH is going through that I did not realize were part of the dementia condition. I live in interesting times!
    Again, thank you all for putting up with me, and I must tell you one of the things mentioned today was weight gain amongst caregivers, and the danger involved! So once again, I will attempt to control my habits and return to our fold! HAPPY SPRING B)
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    2334820kfgymdth9s.gif

Have a wonderful birthday Barbie!! <3<3
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :D I got to sleep an hour later and Lisa will be picking Robby up this morning. She had to go to court for a ticket so she has taken the day off as well as my son.
    I plan on doing many errands today, such as going to Macy's, getting nails done, going to Walmart and then to bingo. I have to take advantage of these days because I hate running errands on weekends.

Have a great day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,167 Member
    Options
    632090va9mx8zeyt.gif

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Dear Barbie, happy birthday to you..............

Lin
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday BARBIE.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :D<3 Lin, Sandy, and Jeri, thank you for the birthday greetings. I am getting to do what I want today for my birthday which includes not going out to a restaurant to eat. We're going a movie (The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) at 4:30 so we can get to bed early as usual. At my line dance class this morning we started learning a very difficult dance that left all of us with our heads spinning. We know from experience that it will be better next week.

<3:D Barbie
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Happy Day BARBIE
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Barbie!
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    A belated happy birthday, Barbie! Your birthday plans are to see one of my favorite movies. I do love that movie! We bought a copy to see whenever we need to have a really pleasant TV evening. It is my habit to watch a movie while exercising. I have even learned to count my weight lifts while watching a movie. NOT EASY!

Rainy and cold today but tomorrow is sunny and warmer! Yea! Will be a lazy bones and go to the beach.

Moved a piece of furniture yesterday and found a pile of errant Christmas tree needles. Now I can really say it is spring. It is a well known fact, it isn't spring until you have found and vacuumed every pine needle from the Christmas tree no matter how well hidden. Just saying....
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie. I tought have done been by but see I have notSo Happy Birthday to a vey lovely lady.Marie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    A super HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BARBIE !!!
    <3 Buzz
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :D Buzz, Marie, Anne, and Patsy, thank you for the birthday wishes. It has been a great day of doing what I wanted to do. "The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" was great. There aren't many movies that I want to see, but this one was super and I'm glad we went. Jake had a small popcorn and I ate nothing at the movies.

<3 Barbie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~A belated happy birthday wish from me with apologies that I didn't check in yesterday and see it was your day. Doing what you wanted to do was an ideal way to spend your birthday and I'm glad you enjoyed the movie.

Jackie