Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday as well, got carried away there!
    How do you even get on Facebook? Need serious lessons from 2 sons. ANNE
  • lesutherl
    lesutherl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    284415iryrz2pdpp.gif

I'm back, had surgery for a melanoma. Luckily it did not spread, it was on my heel so I can't walk for 2 months so the skin graft will work. I'm fine and anxious to get back on my diet. Have missed you all. I'm in CA. we are having a drought so very little rain this year. but lots of sun even when it's cold
    Laura
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Laura!! Glad you are on the road to recovery. Take it easy and take care of yourself.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,178 Member
    Options
    2710341hkbn44tzeo.gif

Lin

P.S. Love the pictures of your new grandson.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sandy - Look under Shirley Bruce for Facebook.

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday and congrats Shirley!

Great photos too
    we are back to work.
    Honey is good. Added a thick cushion to her bedding.
    see ya

Happy Easter!
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Hello, woke up to find a white world!!!!!!
    Going to bury my nose in attempting to paint the spring that was and ignore it. Where are my snowdrops!
    ANNE
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. I saw a picture of Isaac coming home from the hospital so precious.
    When I get the picture I will show it.

2100669r7ect479sv.gif

HAPPY EASTER MY SNEAKER FRIENDS !

Shirley
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    1624354v5yc6nzyew.gif

Shirley ~ What with our time difference and so much going on in your life at the moment I'm not sure if your birthday is today or yesterday but didn't want to miss sending you lots of best wishes dear friend. Also beautiful boy and stunning grandparents!! A perfect weekend!

Jackie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Thank you Jackie, it has been a whirl wind of events in our family.

521c0m8nkelh.jpg

Here is Isaac Henry coming home from the hospital. My Easter bunny!

Grandma Shirley
  • Jacean245
    Options
    GRANDMA SHIRLEY, no wonder you are so proud! What a sweet little Isaac Henry!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    <3<3<3<3 He is a cutie Shirley Enjoy!!!!! <3<3<3<3
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Well Dave and I just got my Fitbit set up so here I go! Can't wait to see how I am sleeping. ;)

Shirley
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    More than happy with my Easter eating – thought I was going to chow down, so I left myself 1419 calories remaining yesterday (that includes 499 extra calories from exercise).

Easter morning I hit the gym and burned another 253 calories so I could hit the buffet table with negative calories.

As it turned out, I just wasn’t in the mood for most of the food. It all boiled down to – “do I REALLY want xyz? or would I rather leave those calories open for later in the day? “

I only made one (1) trip to the buffet table (except for an additional couple ounces of lean ham with all fat removed).

I certainly didn’t eat the $25.00 pp cost.

Sadly, our grandson got sick last night and so not everyone was in attendance. Still, it was an awesome get together and I really think it is sweet of our daughter to pick up the tab as "their treat" each year.

Hope everyone is having a great Easter / Passover / Sunday!

brunch_upload_zpss9jnsufh.jpg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Wish I could say that Bob...I had plain crepes with fresh blueberries and whipped cream and two well done sausage links. Coffee with cream. Going out for dinner with friends later, will not be happy with myself tomorrow.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,985 Member
    Options

:D I didn't log food or exercise yesterday because of going out of town with my friend and deciding to have a one day break from my usual plans. I always have my pedometer so I know that logged 21,000 steps. The farthest away I got from my usual eating was a 12 inch tuna sandwich on flatbread at Subway. I brought most of my own food and ate only yogurt and granola from the food served at the event. It was late for me by the time we got back and I was exhausted. I woke up not too early and was ready to tackle the day starting with walking the dogs. I did my weight training this morning so I am currently on track with that goal.

:D We don't celebrate Easter so we had none of those challenges today but Jake wanted to go to our favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch.....I brought home half of my chicken with broccoli and brown rice and I'll finish it for supper.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    PLEASE help if you know how to resize just this one website. Zoom is set on 100% but text runs over as far to the right as I can click! AAGH!
    Happy Easter everyone!
    <3:'( Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Try resetting your zoom to default and see if that helps. I am going to presume you restarted your computer. Hope it helps.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello sneakers, I am ready for bed. It has been a busy and delightful weekend with our son. He came with his two dogs and our two dogs enjoy the visit as much as we do. Our Easter brunch was at home. I was the cook and bottle washer. I fixed salmon quiche, asparagus, sliced fresh strawberries, orange juice and stuffed mushrooms, coffee. All in all not too bad calorie-wise. I used low fat cheese and no cream in the quiche...it did have pie crust however.

I do miss dyeing and hiding eggs. Maybe someday I will have another grand baby. I think you new grandmothers are fully aware how fortunate you are right now. There is nothing else quite like it, is there?

We had a bit of rain...and a bit of sun. With the drought in several western states I an grateful for the water. Our flower beds are in sad condition. Needs a good raking and weeding. That will happen as the weather gets better.

Now I need to get back to business. I think the newest phrase is...."Lean In." I need to lean in on my weight lose program. Little by little it is possible for me to just slip back to ground zero. Found an exercise partner and I'll be looking into seeing the nutritionist for a better plan. The calories suggested by MFP are for normal people!!!! Not crazy ladies who only exercise when a loaded gun is pointed at her head. Reading about you all and your step counts, I also got a step counter. My husband and son were laughing and when they looked at it they said, " this thing thinks maybe you are in a coma!" Get moving or someone will dial 911.
    Oh dear!
    Patsy
  • Shirley61
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Buzz - I had the same problem. I tried posting at the end and couldn't find it
    because it was over half the page. Try going out of the program and enter in again.
    That fixed it for me.

Back on track today with food and exercise. Just got back from Yoga and visited my MIL for a while. I will try and rake the yard and do some clean up. A laundry day today too.

Dave is enjoying his retirement so far. Today is our 41st anniversary but no plans. We have had a lot of celebrating already.

Shirley