Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,112 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Good evening. It has been a day of card stamping and getting organized to make cards to send to charity again. I am not sure if I have done enough so I haven’t started to assemble the cards. I will look at them again tomorrow.

I also did some sorting in the basement and found some things together in a small box that I thought I had sold but apparently I hadn’t. I just deleted the listings a while ago so I will have to decide whether to try to sell again, donate or toss!

Jackie, another busy day and a supper that sounds yummy.

Anne, not much time left. Good job on getting the book case contents packed.

Sandy, another busy day. How far is the drive to take Marisa to college?

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A bit of whimsy
    uk72stxrl5ea.jpeg

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Busy day for me. I’m doing a huge wash. Washing things that probably don’t need it but sitting in the wardrobe cupboard. Plus sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases etc. By the time I’ve finished packing, discarding, and then unpacking I will feel as though I’m on my holidays.!
    ANNE.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    After a long walk across the moors this morning I decided that was enough exercise so apart from mucking out the hen house I have enjoyed a quiet day. It’s another cool and wet day and I can’t believe what an awful summer it’s turning out to be so poor crops in the veggie garden and so many plans with flower beds gone awry. Perhaps I’m becoming aware of the march of time and frustrated that I haven’t carried out half the chores I wanted.
    Hmmm, Brady has just enjoyed a bowl of his favourite Whiskas food, disappeared round the side of the cottage and almost immediately returned with a mouse! He was sent packing before he got close to the cat flap!

Anne, I so admire the way you’ve thrown yourself into this move. It must be that Yorkshire grit of yours! I imagine you will find it strange to not be cooking your meals, rather like a stay at a hotel but if tasty and nutritional it will remove the bother of planning. For all that, I hope you can get out with Mike for an occasional shop at your favourite grocery store and stock up on goodies.

An unusual teapot Lin that has a look of Darth Vader about it! Just needs a lightsaber to whoosh about!

The wind is picking up and the rain pouring so I will throw an evening meal together. Not well planned because it’s leftover cold chicken, cold couscous and cold green salad, followed by a pot of cold trifle!

If I turn back to Sandy I will probably lose my post so send you a wave Sandy! 🙋🏼‍♀️

Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,066 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) I am back from Mass which was very sad as our Pastor died this week. He was 59 years old and drove himself to the hospital last week and ended up with a stent in his heart. The doctors told him he should be fine and shouldn't have a recurrence. He had some issues but was released last Sunday. We got an email saying he passed away in his sleep Thursday August 10. His birthday was Tuesday the 8th and he was able to celebrate with family so that was good. I really am heartbroken as he was one of the priests I really liked. He was the reason I joined that church, he made me feel so welcome. Always had a smile and easy to confess too. He will be greatly missed.
    He had written his normal page about the gospel in our bulletin and explained about his surgery and how grateful he was to be alive. So very sad.

Today we are meeting Marisa's Godfather for lunch and then me, Cheryl and Michele are going for manicures. After that I think it will be time to say good bye to Michele as she is getting an Uber at 4am to take her to airport. Cheryl and I are so done with trying to entertain her. We did have fun although we are both exhausted.

Lin, it is about 3 hours to Western University. Marisa is taking her car and we are using my SUV because Cheryl has a Tesla and it doesn't have enough trunk space and she will need a ride home because she will be bawling. First time she will be alone without Marisa.

Anne, make sure you take pictures when you are settled, we are as excited as you.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sandy, so sorry about your priest. So young, too. But a peaceful way to go.
    Good luck to all at the college drop off.
  • linder4866
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Good evening. I did get some laundry done today, attended online church and then messaged with a friend for a good portion of the afternoon.

Anne, good thinking. Get all the potential laundry out of the way while you are with your familiar washing machine.

Jackie, yes, that is a Darth Vader teapot. I thought it so funny—I had never seen one before. Your weather has been quite nasty this summer. I am sorry you didn’t get a very good veggie harvest. Same here while my friend in Portland has been hauling in loads of veggies every day. Just as usual. She is so busy, canning, making salsa, braiding garlic, freezing corn……etc. she is so incredibly busy.

Sandy, that is a long enough drive. I know you aren’t leaving tomorrow morning but I will say safe travels now so I do not forget.

Joy, hello 🙋🏼‍♀️

And hello to Diane, Jeri, Barbie, Patsy, and all our Sneakers. Be well.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

dgzm9shob6bp.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Well, Michele should be on the plane heading home. It was a long, exhausting week but we did have some fun times. Finished it off with lunch at a new restaurant which was beautiful but I didn't like the food. Then Cheryl, Michele and I went for no chip manicures before we dropped her off at her hotel. She was leaving the hotel at 4am so we did not offer to drive her and she opted to take an Uber. She said it was a wonderful vacation and she will be back in December. Hopefully, she checks with us on the dates before booking because she did not this time. She wants to send her husband for a week first and then she would come for a week after. Marisa doesn't want to spend her winter break entertaining them when she could be with her friends so we will see.
    I am doing nothing today and looking forward to it. Couple of busy days coming up including that drive to Western University. Then I leave Saturday to visit my son and his wife until Wednesday. Cheryl is driving me to the train station so I don't have to drive.

Anne should be getting all the last minute things in order today and be ready for her big move tomorrow, or is it today?

Lin, still busy with cards and keeping busy with friends.

Jackie, still outside getting things done in spite of bad weather.

Hello to everyone else, have a wonderful day and week.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    edited August 2023
    Options
    My move was supposed to be tomorrow but it’s going to rain all day so the move is now off until Wednesday. Mind you I will probably go over tomorrow despite the rain because I get the key and I’m supposed to talk to a dietician about menu changes. Mark and Mary Jo came over earlier and we three attacked my sadly neglected garden. Baby trees growing everywhere and the ivy taking over the lawn. Not to mention three tomato plants we grew from seed full of green tomatoes and many more tomatoes that have seeded all by themselves from last year. It was good getting the hands dirty again, even if short lived.

Then things got interesting. A removal van showed up with the new folks, a young couple with the wife heavily pregnant. With newly weds moving into Maria’s old place on the other side of me this will be lovely for Derek and Bev who will be taking over my cottage. See what I mean about the nature of the street changing. Even Darren in his forties feels a bit “old”.

Jilly definitely knows something is afoot. She is taking her favourite toy, rubber “baby bone” everywhere with her.

I’ve just been emptying a man’s wardrobe to take with me for extra storage in a small apartment. Bought in the 1950s it’s amazing how times have changed. By that I mean your well dressed man in the fifties had few clothes compared to today. I had been using it to store my art supplies.

Anne.

• jacAth3
    Options
    A pleasant day once the rain left us and it warmed up. We had a local doggy walk dodging debris from damaged trees after yet another storm last night. No news from Peter about starting work on the outside wall but at least I’ve done all I can to clear the area.

Anne, I’ve got a mid 20th century G Plan man’s wardrobe that is half hanging rail and half shelves so handy for coats and accessories. It’s solid teak and weighs a ton so will have to be somebody else’s problem to remove when I’m gone! I’m glad you got to see who will be moving in next door!

I’m off to bed; it’s late!
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Good evening. Another day of doing new listings on Facebook Marketplace, editing current listings as well as cleaning out a few things and working on those cards for charity. I just finished those so I just need to get them boxed and addressed. I did a lot of texting with a friend today. Some interesting topics. And it was the day to stuff as much as possible in the trash bin.

Anne, aha, so you have seen one of the new neighbors. It was nice to have a bit of time in your garden. Hope all goes well the next several days.

Jackie, and you have been busy and all ready for Peter. Glad you dodged the debris from the storms. Did you see that Kerry made an announcement that he and Angela were splitting up but plan to remain friends. I was taken totally by surprise. They seemed such good team.

Sandy, safe travels tomorrow. And I do hope if you have visitors once again that they will check with you first. Apparently she doesn’t know how busy you are!

Well, time to get moving.

Be safe my friends.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Quack, quack teapot!

0elzkk345yuu.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    JACKIE, your man’s wardrobe sounds exactly like mine. The shelves are even labelled shirts, underwear etc. Rainy day later, but then Jill and I will be off to view our new place and see the dietician. I woke up thinking I no longer live here, I’m a visitor. Felt sad but mustn’t get maudlin.
    More later. Jill isn’t eating. She senses things aren’t quite normal.

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) It is a holy day in the Catholic Church so I will be going to noon mass. I then am going to my cable company store to see if I can get my bill reduced. Tonight I am sitting for the volleyball game.
    Time to start riding the bike again, I have gained about 3 pounds this last week and I am not happy.

Lin, I don't leave until Thursday for Western, tomorrow I am having lunch with friends and then going to the wake of my pastor. I agree, it would be nice if guests check with you first to see if there are any plans.

Have a great day everyone and keep staying safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello.

Sandy, sorry for my error. Two other people I know were leaving today to take a college student to school. One is actually going to a campus you know, GCU. This will be his second year and he loves the school. Good luck on getting anything from your cable company.

Jackie and Anne, why am I not that surprised that you both have a piece of furniture, the same down to the details.

Be safe everyone!

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

u87ql9lt8s0k.jpeg
  • Loveburg87
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi ladies. Busy, busy day tomorrow so I won’t be able to post but here’s what happened today.
    I went to the Home with Mark, Michael and of course, Jilly. I picked up the key to my apartment and once inside found a glass bowl full of fresh flowers and a note that read “welcome home Anne”. It was almost time for lunch and another surprise, it was absolutely delicious! Here’s what we had. Mark stayed with Jilly in the apartment so Jilly didn’t feel abandoned in an empty place but Michael was offered a free lunch with me.
    Mushroom soup and crackers. Delicious.
    Lemony chicken on a Greek salad - pasta, olives, and veggies. Delicious.
    Coconut square topped with light chocolate mousse. Delicious.
    Freshly brewed coffee.

I was absolutely stuffed, too much food! And all beautifully cooked.

One dramatic moment. Mark was putting up my shower curtain and liner when a cleaning lady entered with towels and Jilly shot past her to try and find Mom, me. Mark shot after her and caught her in the dining room looking for me who was in blissful ignorance. By the time Mark found her she was being petted by the diners! After lunch all the dining room staff came out to pet the little monkey. I think Jilly is going to be a real asset in the popularity department. She loves people which helps of course.
    Estelle the nutrition was very nice and wrote copious notes on what to give me, or not, as in no milk! All the bread and desserts are baked in house so I should be okay as I think it’s the additives that are added commercially to keep products longer that I’m allergic to. Plus no fermented food, NO sauerkraut etc!

So now we are back home before tomorrow, new moving day. Jilly is fast asleep on the sofa and I feel like joining her. We missed out on the guy who was once with the London symphony orchestra but today piano playing favourites of us oldies. Just to say the staff were super friendly but so were the residents who all said hello to us.

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Sounds wonderful Anne!! I think you and Jilly will be very happy there. Congratulations!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :)Anne, your new place sounds wonderful.

:) It has been so super hot that once I finished my morning walk at 7:45 (almost two hours and 11,000 steps), I've stayed inside. It should cool down soon.

:) My simple life is very pleasant but not much to report.

<3 Barbie
  • jacAth3
    Options
    DEAR ANNE,
    px4o09pvb2io.jpeg

You know I will be thinking of you today as you set off on your new adventure. It does sound like a warm, welcoming community so you will be just fine! Jilly too of course, what a star to break the ice. She will entertain everyone.❤️
    Have a safe move and let us know when you are both settled in.

Hugs across the pond! Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Options
    To Anne and Jilly!

4b8mzu4h0rux.jpeg

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Congratulations Anne and Jilly!

t9orvsd1r4g5.jpg