Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    I am late getting around today. been watching these precious kittens play and bunch of James Stewart Movies Been getting my meals out of the fridge No cooking Well I did cook my oatmeal this morning with a fresh peach so good Lunch was toastada with Bean dip and salsa ice tea. Dinner to night will be pintos, green beans and southwest chopped salad tea.

Yes Jackie we found the magnifying glass they had drug it behind the fan/ They think their name is good morning. While I am getting my Coffee ready I yelled Good Morning and here they come running from wherever they spent the night. Ready to Play. our bedroom is a no no and they know it for they try to go in there when the door is open. No desire to go outside yet Well time go warm up dinner
    have a wonderful night My friends
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    I hope you're having a great day Phoebe. Hugs to all.......Internet service was off quite a bit this afternoon and early evening. Don't know how long it will last. I tried to stream a show but didn't make it through. Darn!

Thinking of you and sending along all best wishes.

Lin
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Pretty graphics too. I uploaded a video to Facebook, but I'm not sure how to post it here. We had dinner at red lobster. It was yummy!
    Night. Love you
    Phoebe
    edited July 2015
    Hope it works

Nope
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Phoebe, I am glad you had a nice dinner. I don't know either how to post videos but maybe Sandy or Jackie can help.

Another beautiful day and I just finished my breakfast of granola, yogurt and a peach from our local fruit stands.
    We are traveling to see Isaac today and staying overnight.

Lin - Hope your internet comes back soon. We miss your daily posts.

Marie - Enjoy your little kittys, they must be so cute.

Enjoy your day!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Phoebe, hope your enjoy your dinner. did you leave off the cheese biscuits that you love. I see they are selling the mix at Walmart now and I think of you each time I see them.

Got me a pot of butterbeans cooking. I got Jerry to did out my big *kitten* pot so I can cook a whole pound of them at once. My little quart and half pit just don' whole pound of beans. as much as I love it but time to change since Beans are now my primary food. Good thing I love beans.

Its time for my morning nap while the kitties are having theirs. They are such a joy to have around.

<3
    Marie
  • linder4866
    Good morning. So I have Internet right now but we have heavy thunderstorms rolling in so I have to logout and shutdown the laptop. Ha, if it's not one thing it's another. Thinking of you.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Lin does your lap top so all the things the big computer does. such as print, graphics, word pad zoom to make the typing larger.?
    We could used some of the rain you may get.

Barbie as a charter member come back home here to the seniors.
  • linder4866
    Storms dumped lots of rain on us......my roof is leaking. I've called the handyman who said he'd stop by before dark tonight. We'll see I guess. Meanwhile, after the storms passed I had no Internet service. Sigh.

I had a file I needed to send to a company and couldn't do that from my phone so I've run over to the library to send it. Going back home soon to wait for the handyman.

I am really hoping for a pleasant and calm day tomorrow. What are the odds????

Hugs.

Lin

P.S. Yes Marie, I can print from my laptop, zoom the type size and do graphics. I personally cannot do as much from my iPad. The only limiting factor I guess is the size of laptop you get--that dictates how large a screen you have to work with. My friends wanted to purchase an Apple laptop but they told me Apple doesn't make 17" screens and my friend's hubby needs something of that size.

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Things are cool today, but it is going to heat back up as the week progresses. We did get a bit of rain the last couple of days. It was a relief to see the fire danger sign on the highway halfway between moderate and low!

Has anyone read the new Harper Lee book? I am going to pick one up this week. I have heard a lot about it and a discussion on Charlie Rose about the author.

John is downstairs grooming MoMo, that is not a job for the faint of heart. MoMo is sure that this is a serious attempt on her life. The cleanup after the grooming is a job for an entire cleaning crew. Unfortunately, it is just John and I and two vacuum cleaners going at once. Mazzy had her beauty appointment last week. John and I both need shearing next! Something or someone always needs maintenance around here.

Holy cow! The salmon population is dying out due to warm rivers and ocean. We will be going more vegetarian than usual. I am digging out my Moosewood cookbook for sure. We can't eat shrimp, crab, or shellfish because of cholesterol, so the fish in our diet will not be very interesting.

I believe the Internet is trying to drive us all back to Rotery phones and letters with stamps.
    Patsy
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    our very dear friend, Anne has suffered a devastating loss of her pet and great furry friend, Tabitha Daisy. For those of us who are strongly connected to special animal friends, we know the true grief one suffers at their death. I bring this up here because we all have feel such affection for Anne and she always cares and is supportive of each and every one of us. Just to let you know...
    Patsy
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Hi, it's me, Anne. Thank you Patsy for letting everyone know why I've been a missing Anne. Yes, I've lost my little Tabitha Daisy. This once very aggressive little stray cat ended up a much loved kitty, and she died at the vets surrounded by us all and knowing she was a loved, and, in the end after her first 5 abused years, much wanted for the next 12 years of her life.
    I'll bounce back friends, I usually do, but for now I really am missing my morning "chats" with a very talkative Tabs.
    God bless, Anne.
    Oh Anne! As you know, there is really nothing to say that helps with your grief. Here is a hug, with much understanding and support. Those who love all God's creatures feel your loss, so you are not alone, sweet Anne.

Phoebe
    I forgot to say busy days, changing to a new truck, visiting my aunt, getting release to return to work. Will try to check in daily
    Phoebe
  • Jacean245
    Dear Phoebe, I knew you would understand after rescuing Honey. Thank you. Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    Anne so sorry for your loss, losing a furry child is so difficult. Please take comfort in this poem.

1m65tgut3f81.jpg
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    Today is Robby's First Birthday, will be spending the day with him and his mom's family. Will get back to you later.
    Sandy
  • Jacean245
    Oh SANDY you have me in tears again. Funnily enough I've always imagined all my past pets in a beautiful meadow and in my dads care because he so loved all HIS animals. From the age of 20 my very OWN pets have been Figgy (Figaro), Thelly (Othello), Bill, Miss Becky and Tabitha Daisy - the cats, and Jenny (I adored Jenny my Lab, so gentle and faithful) and Charlie (sweet and beautiful, a fun and happy little cocker spaniel). I hope your Rainbow Bridge comes true! Thank you so much,
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Today I've been swimming, dealing with paperwork and insurances and then gardening until a sudden shower sent me back indoors. Our temperatures have fallen to about 10 below seasonal average and my poor body is in shock.... even wore winter style pyjamas to bed the past couple of nights. Back to the hospital tomorrow to discuss biopsy results and no doubt my options for next way forward. Not looking forward to it but has to be done. SANDY's rainbow bridge has had me in tears so I can imagine ANNE how emotional you would feel having read such a beautiful sentiment. When I lived in Toronto the sister of a boyfriend had a cat called Figaro just so she could stand outside singing "Figaro, Figaro...." My cat at the time was Columbus because he was constantly exploring new places and just like your Tabitha Daisy, was the love of my life!

A cup of tea, swat the wasp that has been buzzing round me for the past hour and then out for a doggie walk.

Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Just returned from m Caregivers' Meeting, where someone gave me a book called the 36 hour day! She promised it would give me comfort and help! Now must get ready for dinner, but wanted to check in and say hi to everybody.
    <3 Buzz