Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :'( Anne, what a shame about tomatoes and arthritis

:) Buzz, the photos came from my friend's phone...she was a darling to send them to me, but too bad they were hard to see.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Patsy such a relief. gosh we can all breath now. By the way Patsy I used a brown paper lunch bags to pop my popcorn no oil/ Works out great I use 1/4 c popcorn fold the bag over and microwave for about 3 minutes. Maybe more maybe less And sprinkle with sea salt and garlic The easiest way I have tried.

I watch the Dallas Cowboys pregame last night and they lost.

Barbie I think you can turn the pictures around don't know how but I seen it done. I think Judy Watson turn one of mine around for me one time for me.

I am making a thai coconut noodle soup for lunch from Miracle noodles

had Spanish rice for breakfast. with green grapes. May Have it for supper too for I have another serving's of it
    left over and I really like it.

Jeri are you getting rested up?

Anne Tomatoes would be hard to give up

My job today clean my fridge out. How it can a piled up Grocer shopping tomorrow

Sandy Does Robby still takes a morning nap.? He is growing up fast.

Phoebe Looks like you all had lots of food. at the reunion. What did you take?

Love you guys
    Marie

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Great idea on the popcorn, Marie! I even have some small paper bags for the popcorn! Thanks!
    Patsy
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Major problems with my laptop so only time to say will catch up with you all, hopefully Wednesday. George tucked up with friends and I'm ready to go in the morning!!

Jackie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,364 Member
    Hugs Jackie. No Internet here again today. Will be looking to hear from you.

All best. And some more hugs.

Lin (who can barely type on this phone)
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    It was a crazy busy day. A while back we bought a lot of furniture and appliances from a couple from Scotland that were moving and had to sell everything. Today was the day they wanted us to pick it up. so my husband, son and brother in law went to collect the things, appliances like refrigerator, stove, washing machine, vacuum, and a complete bedroom set with wardrobe and the whole 9 yards. they lived on the 5th floor of an apartment building with a small stair case, well all was going well until the door man decided that it was not good on the elevator to haul all the stuff so he shut it off! so we had to carry the stuff down 5 flights of stairs and then walk up again for the next load!!! We worked from 10:00 to 2:00 getting it all disassembled and loaded into a big truck to move to our new house, that is not finished yet. Good workout for the day but tiring for sure!!. Came home and prepared some lunch/dinner and then did my tutoring of a new student that started yesterday. Right now it's 10:30 and this gal is heading to bed.
    Patsy, so happy that you heard from your son.
    Good night all, Have a super day. Phyllis
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    Happy Monday!! :) My first day back with Robby was great, he is such a good boy and much easier to watch now that he is walking and can entertain himself. Yes Marie he is still taking a morning nap which today was from about 8:45 to 10:30 and went down easy. We went for a walk and stopped at the park but he wasn't ready for his afternoon nap and gave me a little trouble. I think I put him down to early at 2:30 so he didn't go to sleep until 3:30. It will take me a few days to get into a routine but other than that it was a fun day. He is eating table food now and drinking whole milk so even meals are easier now. No more bottle or pacifier, they do things so much younger than we used to do. I did not nap so I am very tired from getting up so early but my son is off tomorrow so I will not have Robby tomorrow.

Phyllis, my goodness that sounds like a lot of work without an elevator, you were right in going to bed.

Lin and Jackie, so sorry you don't have internet but know that we will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow Jackie.

Patsy, I like Marie's idea also about popcorn, but right now I bought the 100 calories individual packs.

Anne, I am not a big tomato person so maybe that is why I don't know the difference if they affect me or not.

Barbie, I am going to re post your pictures and hopefully they will be upright.
    ln6ke5cq71n0.jpg
    95r07wpc5hu4.jpg

It is almost dinner time and I have some computer things to catch up.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Marie - that is how I do my popcorn too. I add a bit of butter flavoured olive oil and salt to the bag and pop it like that. And yes I am getting rested up but still stressed by everything happening to my sister. Wish she lived closer so I knew what was up. She is the worst at answering phone calls. GRRR. LOL

Sandy - babysitting Robbie sounds fun but exhausting to me. Good for you.

Phyllis - OMG what a lot of hard work without an elevator. Glad it's over.

Lin and Jackie - I hate internet woes. Isn't it funny how we are so used to it now and desperately miss it when we can't access it.

Barbie - love the pictures.

Nice day today went for a walk, have supper on in the crockpot. Tomorrow we are heading to the mountains for a drive. Should be fun. At least with out having to worry about being always accessible by phone for my Mom, we can now go for drives into Kananaskis Country west of Calgary. It is so beautiful. Smoky here now due to forest fires in BC and Washington tho.

Have a great night

Jeri
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Busy day and back to work tomorrow. Thinking of you Jackie.
    Jeri, my aunt pulls that on me, not answering. I don't leave voicemail anymore. She calls back when she wants.
    I returned the Jawbone brand tracker. I enjoyed it when it worked. It kept dropping the connection. Stick with my fitbit flex and pedometer for now.
    Buzz, no I really don't see big changes, some years dry, some wet. I remember 120 in Phoenix, but not recently.
    Bye for now
    Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hurrah, PATSY! Especially after those 2 young fellows disappeared off our coast a few weeks ago, I was worried about your DS, so it's a huge relief!
    LIN, somehow I move the iPad pictures (usually sideways or upside down) to my Photo Gallery where I can edit them and turn them with those funny arrows that go right or left in a circle.
    ANNE, tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, and all "nightshades" vegetables were on a no-no list for arthritis for many years, but because I love them, and we grew them so they tasted real, I continued to eat them and my arthritis is not good! I forget what the rest of the nightshades are, but you might Google them!
    We saw a wonderful documentary this evening after drummers and dancers from Kenya and Tanzania performed. I have only been to Morocco and knew little about the Masai , Zulus, and other tribal groups still living much as their ancestors did centuries past. A gentle people who produce beautiful handmade crafts without much modern help , no electricity, plumbing, or even furniture in the huts the women build to raise their children. Talk about living the simple life. Fascinating to learn about different cultures.
    JACKIE, we're all there with you, dear friend! Please let us know ASAP!!! o:)
    305560bbh1s5585h.gif
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    BUZZ, the other nightshade plant is potatoes, or the green bits on the skins, but potatoes I can't give up. A staple for me like rice is to the Asians. Fortunately, no problems with potatoes!
    Dear Jackie, yes, we are all with you that's for sure.
    64sdkgki96b9.jpg
    ANNE
  • Jacean245
    I've just had rather a disturbing thing happen. I posted a comment on my home page and instead of the comment, it showed instead emails I have received and sent and nothing to do with MFP. The main culprit was a very long email I had received from the UK featuring photos and it was the sort of thing you could forward to other people. SANDY, could that be the cause? There was also something else that had nothing to do with me with the sort of appalling language I would never use in real life! Really shocking! Anyway, it's made me very nervous about posting, friends! ANNE.
  • Jacean245
    SANDY, I eliminated everything in my outside email (not MFP stuff) and that seems to have solved the problem. I couldn't keep up eliminating all the stuff (which I had never written) on the comment box until I deleted everything on the email site. Quite eye opening; some of it. Anne.
  • Sandydur
    edited August 2015
    Jacean245 wrote: »
    SANDY, I eliminated everything in my outside email (not MFP stuff) and that seems to have solved the problem. I couldn't keep up eliminating all the stuff (which I had never written) on the comment box until I deleted everything on the email site. Quite eye opening; some of it. Anne.

Was this done from your computer or IPad? Do you have an antivirus and anti spyware program on your computer?
    Change the password on your email immediately so you do not send out any spam to other people.
    You can get a free version of Malwarebytes here...just hit the download here button.
    http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html
    A free antivirus here
    http://www.cnet.com/search/?query=antivirus

Good luck
  • Sandydur
    Jackie:
    1893151uwbku1yich.gif
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,364 Member
    *J*A*C*K*I*E*

221759hhta6a08mq.jpg

Hugs.......

Lin
  • Jacean245
    edited August 2015
    SANDY, I use an iPad only. I believe I have an anti virus. Unfortunately, Mike, my expert is in Rome.
  • Sandydur
    Jacean245 wrote: »
    SANDY, I use an iPad only. I believe I have an anti virus. Unfortunately, Mike, my expert is in Rome.

What email do you use....comcast, gmail, etch? Just change your password because your Ipad is an Apple product with a built in security.
  • Jacean245
    Think I've managed it. I had 2 email addresses, have eliminated the one I suspect is the culprit and rarely use. Anne.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    The magic jack and the vonage plan that I had to use to call my mom has been banned by Egyptian Government. so I can't call my mom on them any more. BUMMER. I hooked up to Skype and have a plan now but I can only call her. she can't call me. But it is better than nothing.
    It's been a less stressful day for sure. Started with a 30 minute swim at the pool doing mainly back stroke this morning. That put me in a good mood.
    Phyllis