Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,364 Member
    2457204ydde8b61wm.gif
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    edited September 2015
    3566528hcji1bje2u.gif

Happy Monday!! :) Had a wonderful day at the pool with my friend and hope to do an instant replay today. Babe called last night to say Phil came over and they are not fighting but Babe realized he was out of control so Phil talked him into going to the ER. He apologized to me and said they were going to the ER at 7:00 since they were able to make an appointment. I have heard nothing since, so I am not sure if they admitted him, ran tests or any other thing. I do not want to call his son so I will just wait to hear from Babe. Babe just called and said he got home at 1:00 AM so he didn't want to call then. The lady doctor who he hated because she had absolutely no bed side manner, ran tests including a spinal for an aneurysm and his brain was fine. She wanted to check him in for the neurologist to check him this morning but he refused. He wanted to come back today to get checked in because of Daisy but she wouldn't talk to him after he refused and only dealt with his son. They are going to work with his family doctor tomorrow and if she wants him to see a neurologist he will. The good thing is that she gave him pain /nauseous pills and the pounding headache went away. So far all is well that ends well, always something with Babe isn't there?

Anne, I agree with Patsy, your relationship with your boys is wonderful. You did an excellent job raising them.

Lin, I am so happy to hear you are going to put your feet up and just relax today.

Patsy, I like the change of season to a point, just hate the cold winters we get. I doubt I will ever leave Illinois but you never know.

Buzz, I hated changing for IE to Chrome but since I couldn't get on any website I had no choice.
    Now that I am used to Chrome I love it. They have many add on's that you will get used too, you are a smart cookie. Our 24th wedding anniversary is the 14th, but I doubt we will celebrate. With the 13 years of being together before we got married, that makes 37 years together. Amazing!!

Barbie, I am certainly grateful that I have Al Anon, my life is so much better.

Shirley, I can imagine you are missing your grandson, I miss mine when I don't see him for a couple of days.
    The challenge game sound like fun and congratulations to you and Dave for winning.

Marie, hope you are enjoying your holiday with your kitties.

2640687b4ludqq43m.gif

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    2906997glvtyqf190.gif
  • linder4866
    Hello friends - still struggling with Internet access but one extra twist--I've used my data cap for the month on my phone and am throttled down to a crawl until the 17th. Oh my. Now I can barely get a page to load on Facebook or the community pages here. It's going to be a long wait until I get my data back. So I may be here even less than before.

I had to try to clean out my shower drain this morning but couldn't get the cover grate off so did a lot of struggling to get things sort of straightened out and removed some lime from the shower while I was at it. Also am updating my old laptop as I want to keep the battery going and as much updated as possible as I still have a few files I'd like to copy off of it.

Just cooked a pot of beans and will add some of them to my leftover vegetable soup. And make some salad. So I'm set for the day.

Several areas in the state received downpours last night and massive flash flooding. Not here but apparently we get another change tonight for heavy rain. And I think 70% chance of rain again tomorrow. Right now it is sunny and hot. Does not feel like September.

Hey, does anyone know what to do when you email loads on your ipad but all you can see is the header---no contents? That suddenly started happening on mine the other day. If I open Safari and open each of my web mail accounts I can see each message........whaat? I didn't change any settings? Haven't done any updates lately. Color me confused. Luckily I can get connected through Safari but it's not ideal.

Well, I better zip upstairs again and see if my old laptop is still updating.

Hug to everyone and Patsy you have it exactly right---I am snuggling and I LOVE it!

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited September 2015
    LIN, I think that's what happened to me with my emails on my iPad. I mentioned it earlier. I thought I maybe had a virus. I ended up deleting all email accounts and the browser history and now everything seems back to normal. I was horrified at the time because OTHER people's emails (nothing to do with me) were flashing by at an enormous speed on the comment bit of the MFP homepage. It's made me very wary now. I am very confused and after reading on the BBC news of people in the UK being scammed etc. by hackers I don't really know what to think. My emails all come from the UK except one Canadian and one Aussie source. I hadn't done anything unusual either EXCEPT I forwarded an email I had received from a cousin in the UK with cc/bcc on it. Does this make sense?
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Yes, I understand Anne but I'm not having any other issue with my mail other than I can't see the messages. I hate to try to set them up again. There are so many settings to fill in by hand for my mail email account which isn't an AOL or GMAIL, or HOTMAIL account..........
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    f6zz9ip9trsy.jpg

I'm heading to bed after a long day but wanted to post this dog and cat comparison as it made me laugh being so true! Hopefully catch up with everyone tomorrow.
    Jackle
  • Jacean245
    Love it JACKIE! So true! Anne
  • linder4866
    Haaaaaaaaa. Great cartoon Jackie.
  • :D good one Jackie.
    Back to work.
    Anne, I've had that too, I didn't know what it was, and don't know why it did it. Unless I Really want to read it, I deleted it.
    Bye
    Phoebe
  • Sandydur
    edited September 2015
    linder4866 wrote: »
    Yes, I understand Anne but I'm not having any other issue with my mail other than I can't see the messages. I hate to try to set them up again. There are so many settings to fill in by hand for my mail email account which isn't an AOL or GMAIL, or HOTMAIL account..........

Quit the mail app completely.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Quit/close open apps by double tapping the home button and the task bar will appear with all of you recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus sign in the upper left corner to close the apps. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Or reboot the iPad.
    Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    hello, sorry to be running so late. I have a nasty fall yesterday and pretty bruised up so been resting a lot today.
    no broken bones thanks goodness. this is my third fall in the last 2 months. I guess I go pretty good bones. I have my walker in to used at all times now.

Good joke Jackie. My kittens love cottage cheese and cheese which I have been eating a lot of here lately. not cheese but cottage cheese

Anne I think they are heading to 3 months old now. They are so sweet.. I need to check that out for sure The vet said I need to get them fix at 4 months. I wonder if I get a discount for TWO ?

great READING ALL OF YOUR POST
    lOVE MARIE

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Ouch...I think that's why I use my iPad so infrequently! Good luck, ANNE. (yes you could handle anything that befalls you in life! We ALL learn to adapt!)
    I have to rush but wanted to check in before running up to the auditorium tonight. Saw an enchanting film this afternoon and never heard of it, so if you enjoy romance, look for a film named "5 To 7". We all loved it. Way off the "normal" path, but charming! And beautifully done.
    Love JACKIE's cartoon! How are you feeling and healing?
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Happy Birthday, KAREN!
  • Jacean245
    PHOEBE, thank you. It is very reassuring to know you had the same weird thing happen. I wasn't sure how to explain it. Anne
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :) Jackie, dogs and cats smiley-laughing025.gif
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited September 2015
    Good morning sneakers. A misty start here but still an enjoyable walk as we watched it slowly burn off and expose beautiful light that glowed through the haze in the sky. Yesterday I spent the morning at our local auction where I managed to get myself 2 G-plan 4-drawer chests of drawers and yeah, my unit to go under the stairs. It has a section for books and a double door cupboard and I only paid £5 for it although wondering what can be wrong with it at that price! I'm now urgently sorting myself out to make room for the delivery which will hopefully be later today. A set of stainless steel pans with copper bottoms for £10 are sitting in my kitchen waiting to be washed although they look good as new and I also purchased a lovely 1970's pottery lamp that will fit perfectly into my bedroom with a maple leaf design on the shade. It cost more than the other 2 items together but I love it!
    I've read all your posts and will try to pop back later in the day but meanwhile BUZZ thanks for asking, I'm healing well and even the sloshing fluid seems to have worked its way out of my system so hopefully my chat with consultant tomorrow will be positive even with the probability of more treatment.... I'm taking things as they come!

Here's a little video I made for Scruff's mum from yesterday's walk... another glorious day!
    https://youtu.be/E9kQaIoJZdc

Hope you all have as lovely a start to your day as I did.
    Jackie
  • Jacean245
    Hello, today we woke up to rain, heat, and humidity. It honestly feels like a steam room in my place and I'm about to leap into the tub in an effort to cool off. It's so sticky that to be honest I feel a little nauseous and you can bet that next May I'll be clamouring to have the AC installed. Mark, MJ and Derek came over yesterday and again offered to install it but I declined as it should be cooler tomorrow at 86 deg F. and then followed by a much cooler trend. Anyway what with the arrival of rain showers here, and seeing your video of gloriously green ferns and gloriously green countryside at breakfast JACKIE, not to mention dear little George and the active Scruff, well it was a real tonic and thank you for these little gems you post. I'm so glad you are healing well and feeling positive and I will be thinking of you tomorrow and your chat with the consultant.
    You had a lot of fun at the auction! Many years ago, when my GPlan dressing table was looking a little the worse for wear, we laboriously removed all the varnish and sanded it down to the bare wood and then "clear" varnished it if my memory is correct on the "clear". It looked so good we did the rest of the bedroom furniture. This was about 40 years ago. Anyway, today they still look great after years of polishing. It was very hard work at the time, but I mention it because well worth the effort. I wonder if everything's arrived by now and you are having fun.
    Bye everybody, Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Tuesday! :) i just put Robby down for his morning nap and waiting for him to fall asleep before showering. Had a great two days at the pool and now it is closed except for two hours next Saturday when the association is having a farewell to summer with hot dogs, chips and drinks. I am walking for Al Anon next Saturday morning so not sure if I will make it back in time. Babe is feeling a little better but his son is still calling the doctor to see if she wants to see him. His daughter is coming in from California on Saturday night so I am not sure when I will see him or Daisy.
    Lisa's mom has a class Thursday so I am missing my meeting and sitting, unless Bryanna can come.
    I over ate all weekend and paid the price, my weight of course went up. Back to the drawing board today.

Jackie, can't wait for part two to see if your friend ended up going through the brush looking for the ball. Such beautiful scenery, no wonder you love walking. Good luck with consultant tomorrow.

Marie, I am so sorry you have had a couple of falls but glad you didn't break anything. Keep that walker close and watch out for those kitties.

Quiet in Robby's room so I better jump in the shower. Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean245
    edited September 2015
    JACKIE, for comparison with your bargains, here's my 58 year old GPlan bedroom furniture. My chest is an eight drawer.
    Sorry to bore everybody else! Anne.
    2rk14luignhi.jpg