Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Went for a beautiful drive west of Calgary today. Great colors and so nice. Thought I'd share them.

• fancyladyJeri
    Options
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Marie, I tried a new product you might enjoy. It is Birdseye Steamfresh Protein. They have more than one flavor. I got Italian. It has white beans lentils spinach broccoli, and some kind of grain. I liked it. Glad I bought two!

Patsy, I'm down to two cups of coffee per day, mostly milk. Very little chocolate. Ditto on marinara sauce. Much less soda. Two different meds,twice a day. Mine was diagnosed in 2004, and it still isn't healed. Even water sets it off. Hope your husband doesn't go through this. I buy the pillpockets for capsules, they are larger, then I halve them. They are like putty, reforming easily, so I wrap them around the pill.

I loved the cowboy wedding, that photo of Jerry is priceless and needs to be framed.

Buzz, its a pedal boat. It will have to wait til next year, its cooling off here. We live at Lake Arrowhead in Georgia. We aren't on the lake, but I don't want to be, too many bugs! But the lake is there when we want to jump in!

We have a Dr.appt in the morning and a few things to do.
    Have a good night.
    Phoebe
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    No Internet of course. Using my phone. Have been zipping in and out of the house to watch the lunar eclipse. Pretty darn great!!!!

Dug out an old pair of binoculars which is providing some good viewing.

Thanks for the photos Jeri. Phoebe I wish you could have used your pedal boat at least once this year! Buzz your anniversary cake sounds beyond sinful!! Enjoy. Patsy sorry about your DH's GERD. I hope he finds relief.

Time to go back outside.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Alas, I didn't get to see the super moon, just a glow behind the trees and clouds so I went to bed being somewhat tired and achy after helping and finishing off all the work. Everyone is now safely back in the business world and that means nobody landing up on the doorstep all gung ho with pruners or paint brushes in their hands. I am grateful however, and the house looks pretty on the outside at least. There is talk about ripping up the basement wooden floor (it's finished but we had water damage when the mansion next door was excavated and built). If this happens, and no Tabitha Daisy around I shall feel like disappearing for a month! As for apples, I'm dreaming apples! Wish I could pass them around here! I must be overdosed on vitamin C by now!

PATSY, I only have 2 cups of tea, and 1 coffee a day, and none after 2 pm, just water. It definitely helps in reducing the nightly prowls!

Beautiful photos JERI. Isn't this the most delightful time of year. I don't say much, but often think of your sister and wish her well.

Other than that I wish you all a pleasant Monday.
    Anne.
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Oh boy I did it again. Promise! Keep off BOLD from now on! Yikes!
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello - a quick note and hoping the Internet connection says on! Have been sorting out a bit. I have an appointment in the morning to take some things to a local consignment shop and this is taking lots longer than I thought it would......still not finished.

Also chopping up vegetables for lunch and sorting out some that were going bad led to cutting up a cantaloupe, spiralizing several zucchini and cutting up some peppers; none of that was anticipated.

Did a quick (ha) trip to the post office to send along my post mitigation radon test. One clerk working and a line of people out into the outer lobby.

Now I need to get to the library to return a couple of things and pick up something new that they re holding for me.

Anyone else have this happen??? All of a sudden out of the blue I am getting notifications by email from Facebook each time *any* page or group has a new post. That has never happened before. I would just get a few emails from certain groups and then I would have to actually get on Facebook and click notifications to see what was going on. Anyway, I couldn't shut off notifications from my phone for some reason so I've been using my laptop and trying to clear things out while my Internet connection goes on and off. Hope to cut down the literally thousands of emails I've gotten the last few days.

Anne, BE BOLD.

Time for this one to fly along to the next thing.

Hugs.

Lin
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    Thank you Lin and Anne.

Just came up from the exercise bike. Foot too sore to do the treadmill. Bike plays me out tho and is boring. lol. Oh well I listened to a book.

Not too much to say and it's time to make lunch for Ed.

Cheers

Jeri
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneaker friends,

ANNE - Your talking of apples made me hungry. I have to start buying some MacIntosh they are my favorite.
    Yes winter will be another hard one like last year. According to the meteoroligist talk we had at our sailing
    club. So far that weatherman has been right on.

LIN - Your cutting board looks great! I don't know if I could cut into that lovely wood. Have fun cutting into all
    those veges you do.

PHOEBE- We have a paddle boat up north at the cottage. If Jim fishes, its great for casting and getting
    close to the weed beds where the bass are hiding. :) Its also great for exercise and exploring areas
    where a regular boat can't into. You will enjoy it.

BUZZ - Thinking of you. You have your cards to keep you busy and Suduko. I still haven't figured out that
    game :| That cake sounds decadent!

PATSY - Your husband and mine are football lovers. My hubby will watch any game any time.

MARIE - Sorry about the bladder leaks. I am not there yet, I hope you can find something that works.
    There are alot of products out there to help with that. Check on line maybe you can find one that
    less expensive.

JERI - Lovely colors on those photos. Our colors here are a little late this year. We are going up to the
    cottage for Thanksgiving I hope to see some colors there.

I hope you ladies saw the Blood moon last night. It was incredible, and not another one in another 18 years.

Today is a rainy day here and cloudy. Today was Yoga class with a substitute instructor and a little
    different class than usual. Always keeps me challenged.

Dave and I went to the auction house today to see if we could get a playpen and highchair for Isaac to
    keep at our house. No such luck. We are looking at a site here in our area where people sell these
    items, I think we will go that route and make some calls.

This weekend we spent at the boat Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was really cold and I had to put on
    layers. Sunday was warm and nice so we went for a long bike ride. Our last party at the sailing club
    is Oct 17th so the boat will be out of the water after that.

Auntie Kristina babysat Isaac last night at her apartment and it went well.

Have a good evening!

Shirley
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Happy Monday or what is left of it.......... :) Robby had a runny nose all day but was still very good. He just kept sneezing and I had to run for the Kleenex. We took over a mile walk, I hope the weather continues to co operate.
    Lisa had a meeting after school but Bryanna stopped by to visit with her brother. He is trying to say her name and it is so cute. The words are coming to him more easily each day.
    My landlady called and is sending a repairman out for my dryer since it sounds like it sometimes gets off balance and makes a terrible noise. She is also getting another smoke detector installed along with a carbon monoxide detector. She really stays on top of things and I am grateful.

Shirley, I did indeed see the blood moon and it was beautiful until the clouds rolled in. I took a couple of pictures but they are not very good. We are expecting your rain tomorrow I believe. Craig's list or garage sales might be another option for Issac. I however, went to walmart and bought a chair that attaches to my dining room chair and is just like a high chair. It was under $20 and works great.

Jeri, I am the opposite of you and prefer my recumbent bike more than any other machine. I watch TV while riding so the time goes quickly. Love your photos.

Lin, to me it sounds like you have been hacked and I suggest changing your Facebook and email password.
    You are a busy beaver today so try and get some rest tonight.

Anne, bold is good as long as you don't use caps and make us think you are hollering at us.
    It sounds like your sons take good care of you as well as your DIL. You are blessed.

Phoebe, hope all went well with the doctor today. Keep in touch.

This day flew by, here it is dinner time. Will be back sometime tomorrow.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

Although not great, I will share my photo of the blood moon.
    kk8toqakc114.jpg

Options
    I didn't try to view the moon, we are cloudy and rainy on and off supposedly until Saturday.
    Well, now I know what Monday mornings are like at the doctor's office. It was packed! We signed in and waited. About 30 minutes after our appt, we were called in. The nurse said Jim's appt was for 2:40, not 9:40! Oops, how did I do that? She took care of us anyway and poor Jim didn't fuss even though he was sleeping soundly when I woke him this morning. He got his home sleep test gadget to wear tonight.
    Lin, as busy as you are, you are bound to have a day when not everything fits, lol. Yes, a boat ride would have been fun. I'm not sure what the Facebook issue is, but I shared a post from Clark Howard and reading down thru the article, there is mention of a way hackers are sending viruses thru emails illedgedly from Facebook, but it is really from faceboook. Hope it is not what you are getting.
    Sandy, now I want Video of Robby talking, so irrestible! I remember my little cousin trying to learn his aunt Sherry's name, she ended up being 'Ebby' to him. Can't imagine how Bryanna comes out.
    Anne, I agree, if they start ripping out floors, run away from home! On that subject, home depot advertised some wood look Vinyl flooring. ;)
    Shirley, the boat has places for fishing poles, but I can't get beyond catching the fish. Cleaning them would ruin my appetite for fish probably forever. Funny, I remember cleaning them as a child. Can't wait to explore our lake. Jim is shopping the little motors for when we, or he gets too pooped to pedal. Hope Kristina has recovered from her experience and enjoyed her new adventure as aunty babysitter.
    Jeri, your natural talent just amazes me! Thank you for sharing so generously. My ankles and heels have started hurting right along with my knees. There is nothing for it except to return to daily exercise like I learned at physical therapy.
    Jackie, do you see the blood moon over there? How is your little hen?
    Buzz, hope you are having an easy day.
    Marie, you too!
    Hugs to all
    Phoebe
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Here you go Phoebe

http://youtu.be/3tv7OYS4zbw

Will try to get him to say Bryanna tomorrow.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Glad my 1st post disappeared or I would have missed all of today!
    My word, this forum has the most beautiful grandchildren! SANDY, Robbie is beyond adorable, and since we missed the "blood" moon, your shot is fabulous!
    SHIRLEY, you are forgiven for sneaking in your grandbaby as an avatar; also, just delicious and huggable!
    JERI, where, other than here and National Geographic magazine, would we catch such magnificent shots of such beautiful areas?
    PHOEBE, good luck with JIM's sleep test. Do they suspect apnea or something else? I think we are the only ones here who don't need to wear that mask for sleep! As far as your physical therapy, I fear it is probably a life-long necessity to perform those exercises. With so many tiny bones, the area is very prone to pain and swelling! Your boat sounds like a delightful adventure!
    LIN, Facebook scares me so maybe I miss a lot but I found too many people share things I don' t care to know about in the first place! And I never even understood the grandchildren's posts! Since I don't text, it was speaking a new language to me!. SANDY's suggestion about changing Passwords is a good one. Just to be sure!
    ANNE, seems I remember fresh picked apples....and fresh cider! YUM! I guess I miss having them. I can almost smell the air of an orchard!
    MARIE, I've heard women talk about Always "Discreet" being very effective. Have you tried them?
    Attended (and mostly slept through) an entertaining lecture on boosting the brain. It mentioned lack of B12 often being mistaken for Alzheimer's! And pills don't help unless they are sublingual! So I throw out a fortune on my tablet! One of the most interesting facts I learned was that COCOA is the best drink for us. Not chocolate, but real cocoa, like 2 cups daily, is great for the brain and memory! Not Swiss Miss, either. Ovaltine is OK, but real old fashioned chocolate powder cocoa, with sweetener and milk, is the healthiest drink for seniors!!! I've not indulged in my favorite cocoa in years! Thought it was bad for me!
    After midnight, my mind is shutting down. Manana, everyone...
    <3 Buzz
    Options
    Love it, Sandy, he is gorgeous! Thank you!
    Buzz, real cocoa sounds wonderful. I do remember when it was the only hot chocolate. Thanks for sharing the tips on B12. I like learning new things, most of the time. My doctor told me Brown rice is out and wild rice is in. Well, not happy to learn that! Lots of brown in my pantry.
    Yes, Marie, I was going to ask if one of your family have wholesale club membership? Like Sam's club or Costco. Good place to shop for incontinence supplies.
    Night, Phoebe
  • linder4866
    Options
    Phoebe - there's so much talk about arsenic in rice. If you purchase U.S. organic rice like Lundberg it's pretty good. I purchase some wild tribal rice. Nett Lake Wild Rice hand parched. But luckily for me, rice is not my favorite. Ha. With wild rice I certainly don't eat as much!

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    I'm home from 2nd hospital visit in as many days and the sun is shining so am going to get some late afternoon gardening organised. I've read all your posts and have to comment on that video of the adorable Robby... what a gorgeous smile and a bright button too! Buzz Dark chocolate has been on a UK list of good things to eat for brain and heart for some time and I buy bars that have anything from 72% to 85% cocoa and can only manage about 2 little squares at a time because it's quite bitter but also delicious so just as well!! Have to say I thought Marie was referring to leaky legs but I suppose any pads will do! LOL

I started a long post yesterday but was interrupted by visits and the phone so it became lost in the ether but had to say about the blood moon 2 nights ago which started the evening here as what we call a Harvest moon..... huge, golden yellow and casting its light everywhere but although the blood moon was visable in the UK it didn't happen until about 4am so I slept through it. George and I walked under the Harvest moon at dusk and I'm now waiting for him to turn into a wolf!!

The sunshine is calling!!!
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi Jackie, has George turned into a wolf by now? Made me smile......!! Are you making daily trips to the hospital for a while? Wishing you well. Yes dark chocolate and cocoa have antioxidants. Unfortunately I love the substance much too much. I'll stick with some green tea.

Sandy, loved the video!! He is a cutie and we'll take more any day.

Phoebe, I am sorry for the pain you continue to experience and I do hope DH does not have sleep apnea. So many people do have it these days and several of my friend's husbands fight against wearing the CPAP mask each night. Just another thing we all struggle with I guess.

Buzz, a nap is a good thing. I don't know how you get to so many programs. I fell asleep trying to watch Castle last night and that was 9 to 10pm for goodness sakes!

Well, I've lost my internet connection again. I had a call from them yesterday and they claim now that all my woes have to do with an old and inadequate modem. Right. They made a call here this year and said the modem was perfectly fine but I agreed to pay $5 a month more for a new modem and a higher speed........and they said if it doesn't help I can keep the modem and they'll remove the charge. I'd like that as a sworn statement please. And someone on speed dial to talk to?

I took my items to the consignment shop this morning and they only rejected one. I didn't do well with the antique dealer who said he'd sell my stuff online. NOW I have to have a phone appointment and describe what I want to sell and some gatekeeper woman will tell me if they have any interest. For items I want to see if they will buy, again, need a different phone appointment and if the items don't seem interesting I won't be allowed to bring my items in. So as far as I'm concerned, dead end. I might get a call by mid to late October. Ha.

Well, made spiralized zucchini topped by cut mixed cherry tomatoes for lunch today. And since we were talking about it I cooked some wild rice and added a bit of it since I had to see if it was done. It was.

Time to try to post............it is so annoying. I hope things will improve but I have my doubts.

Hugs.

Lin

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers,

Sandy - I heard Robby talking, so sweet. I can't wait until Isaac starts talking. He will be 6 months old on Oct. 3rd.
    How the time is flying. We will see him again when we go to the cottage on Oct 8th taking my MIL and Kristina
    for Thanksgiving weekend. Loved the blood moon photo you really captured it! Just as we saw it.

Today it has been raining all day so my exercise was indoors with Leslie Sasone. The humidity is up today and I am not
    a fan of high humidity. It will drop into the 60's by tomorrow. :D I did get practice my choir music for practice tonight and
    then after that a social with drinks and food. Great, food again. I have been struggling with the scale lately so it will be
    a low calorie social for me. I am going to try a new detox drink with aloe vera juice. It is supposed to help with water
    retention and boost your weight loss. I am finishing up the other drink with green tea, orange slices and fresh mint.
    Trying anything I can.

Well have to go and take my MIL's car back. My car had new brakes and power steering line put in. Now I can turn the
    wheel again without strain.

Shirley
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Whole day spent at kidney classes for Mike, caregiver's groups for me, no housekeeping got done, and tomorrow we have an evaluation set up for PT & OT for Mike, if it will make a difference. Who knows, perhaps it's best to just let him enjoy what he wants to eat and stop worrying about harm. Does this sound familiar?
    JACKIE, glad your back to "normal" but don't press your luck too soon! By the way, as far as chocolate is concerned, it was stressed that cocoa, and only cocoa, has the huge benefits discussed at our Train the Brain lecture. As a chocoholic I will continue to enjoy my beloved square of bittersweet chocolate as often as possible, but this guy said it is NOT the same thing as COCOA! I could not complain as I love both! Hugs, everyone!
    <3 Buzz
    Options
    Shirley, aloe vera juice will certainly be a boost! Might ought to stay near a restroom until you have your first experience :#
    Lin, they seem to be trying everything, hope a new modem will work.
    Jim was diagnosed with sleep apnea years ago. I have no reason to think he doesn't have it now. I don't expect him to use a cpap, he only used the old one ONE night. The difference now is, it will be mandatory soon for work, so he's better off getting his own unit now. Does this make sense?
    Dentist tomorrow, all day thing.
    Take care
    Phoebe

Marie?