Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    MARIE, li'l SIS...
    257724qzzhy39no4.gif
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    All you dear friends, thank you for the sage advice and if it is not better by Monday, I'll promise I'll go!
    <3 Buzz
    (Gotta watch Saturday Night Live!)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    YOU ALL MADE ME FEEL LIKE A KID AGAIN840275bkb2qbejdr.gif
    mARIE
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Sunday!! :) The only thing planned for today is grocery shopping at Walmart. I went to see Babe and explained my feelings and I am glad I did because I was able to share how I felt and tried to make him understand.
    This morning he called and we talked more so I think once we start doing things together again we will be fine.
    As fine as a married couple can get that lives apart. :D
    I booked a trip to Florida to visit my daughter and her family in December, which is always a good time.

Marie, glad you had a wonderful birthday, you deserve the very best!!!

Buzz, I am glad you are taking our advice if you are still in pain tomorrow.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • We are home, rainy day. Makes it feel colder too. So I showered and my wet hair chilled me, had to turn up the heat and crawl under the blankets. Naturally, I fell asleep.
    Hope you're having a good day.
    I had mail from my cousin. It seems her mom, my aunt that I've mentioned here before, may have Lewy Dementia. It is taking lots of time, but they are trying to do more tests as well as getting her on Medicaid. So I've been reading up a bit.
    Veggies for dinner. All I've wanted this week.
    Night
    Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Marie, so happy you enjoyed your day. I saw your anniversary picture on the other group and its a great picture
    of you and Jerry.

Dave is painting the canoe now and it looks great. Needs another 3-4 coats.

SANDY - So glad you had the talk with Babe and things are getting better. o:)

Dave finished painting the upstairs room and I am turning it into a meditation room. Today was my introduction session
    to transcendental meditation (remember the Beatles) well it was so interesting. I did sign up for the course and looking
    forward to getting into the technique. It has a lot of health benefits too like high bloodpressure reduction which I have.
    My daughter, Kristina, is also doing this at a center in Toronto. Looking forward to the process.

Have a great evening.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,364 Member
    edited November 2015
    We are home, rainy day. Makes it feel colder too. So I showered and my wet hair chilled me, had to turn up the heat and crawl under the blankets. Naturally, I fell asleep.
    Hope you're having a good day.
    I had mail from my cousin. It seems her mom, my aunt that I've mentioned here before, may have Lewy Dementia. It is taking lots of time, but they are trying to do more tests as well as getting her on Medicaid. So I've been reading up a bit.
    Veggies for dinner. All I've wanted this week.
    Night
    Phoebe

Welcome home Phoebe. I get chilled all the time and keep the heat up pretty much 24 hours a day! The type of dementia you mentioned is the type they said recently that Robin Williams had?? Or am I mistaken??

Sandy - glad you had a good talk with Babe. Wonderful that you cleared the air. So many people cannot do that and end up dragging around grudges and hurts for years.

Marie - wow a new computer with Windows 10! Sounds like a good birthday for certain.

Buzz - I hope we're not too pushy. We know you can decide when to consult with your doctor. We just don't like to hear that you are suffering.

Too many hours at church today. Unusual but I ended up with three got-to-do-right-now tasks after church today and didn't get a chance to eat until 2pm and for some reason I felt that was too long to wait. I ended up tired, out of pep, and ate more than I wanted to. Always happens when I get overly tired. Grrrr.

Well, I might look at the Sunday paper now. Or maybe I'll just stare at the TV for a while.

Hugs. Stay warm and safe.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Hey what a day,.busy one. Went to my grandson baby shower. Had a great time lots of good foods. I just had some fresh fruit just wanted to check I see you all tomorrow.
    Got the Cowboys game going
    marie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
    :)Shirley, we have a sort of meditation room in our house (it is also known as the hobby room and the dance room). Jake has been meditating for years because of a Buddhist group he's connected with and I started meditating recently after reading "10% Happier" by Dan Harris. I hope your meditation practice is as satisfying as mine has been.
  • delraybuzz
    So happy to read SANDY's post! She deserves the best because she gives so much in her relationships! Glad MARIE's birthday was such a great one!
    LIN, you couldn't be pushy if you tried! I appreciate all the concern, so I will let you know I spoke to the yoga instructor yesterday and he knew immediately which pose had damaged my metatarsal area and said my bandaging was exactly what a doctor would do for the "sprain" which happens to students not infrequently! I should not use ice after the first 48 hours, and heat might or might not help. Good news, it will go away eventually, and I am not to try that foot position ever again! Now he tells me!
    PHOEBE, I hope it is not Lewy Body Dementia. I had a dear cousin (by marriage) who developed Lewy Body, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's all together and she had been a brilliant nurse and it just broke our hearts to see her ending. I think I did read that's what Robin Williams was developing! How devastating! How long will you be home now?
    This afternoon in our auditorium, we saw what I think is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen! It was written and directed by Woody Allen and I'm not his greatest fan, but this movie was like watching a fine jigsaw puzzle being put together and most of us loved it! It was called "Whatever Works" and takes place in Greenwich Village! It is a complete hoot and expect only the unexpected if you find it! Anyway, we plan to go to Lynn University in the morning to watch our favorite historian interview our representative ( he's being gerrymandered out of office!) to see if we can prevent Florida's legislature from it's typical bumbling mistakes. Thank goodness for our weather or I think the state could not exist! Oh well, what else does one have to do at this age ???
    Also, I forgot to eat supper or take my pills so I'd better catch up!
    <3 Buzz
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Hello wonderful people! Today was quite soggy and dark. Out of this came a diagnosis of Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD) regarding our son and hubby, John. It is such a strange and odd thing that I just didn't realize it was a real condition. I have always fussed that John had to have every light in house on all times. It turns out they have a physical need for light for a certain light color spectrum. John and our son now have a little lights that they use near their respective reading chairs. It is a full spectrum light. I guess it is not uncommon especially here in the PNW. It is very interesting to see the difference in their mood with this light. Each of them are usually very cheerful guys with the occasional bad moods. But now things are much easier for them to maintain a positive demeanor.

I have once again been reminded that I have to exercise to keep my joints moving and flexible. I hate exercises but even the 30 minutes on the exercise bike made a dramatic difference in my arthritis. My gentle yoga DVD is also helpful. Those of you in a real class with an instructor would giggle at how low impact this is. I still have moments that I threaten to topple over, even with this gentle yoga.

Buzz: I will look up this Woody Allen movie. I do like most of his movies. I recognize myself in a lot of his crazy neurotic humor. Insecure! Neurotic! Hypochondriac! Worry wort! That's me! I loved "Midnight in Paris" and "Vicky ,Christina, Barsolona, " and "You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger." I am sure everyone has seen these but if you have somehow missed them, I think they are a treat!
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Monday! :) I really hate Monday's, at least until I take my shower and wake up! Robby is taking his morning nap, I like two naps better than one, it gives me a break. He went to the circus with his parents yesterday and they said he loved it! I went grocery shopping and to the dollar store, that was my exciting Sunday. I made myself sloppy joes, I had such a taste for them, unfortunately I ate two and of course my weight went up today. It was worth it though, I will work hard on getting rid of those extra pounds. Uh oh, Robby is up, will check in later.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• CALIECAT
    good morning SNEAKERS I AM TRYING MY BEST T Wanted tgo say h trying i LEARN THIS KEYBOARD
    jUST wanted to say hi May be back later\love you guys

Marie
  • linder4866
    edited November 2015
    Hello friends - a busy morning has evaporated and now it's time for me to clean up a bit to run a couple of errands. It is a sunny day and the temperature has gone up a bit. I am sure I will pine for weather like this soon!!

Patsy - I got one of those natural light bulbs and when it burned out I just out in a regular one as I couldn't find a replacement locally. I am not sure if it made a huge difference but perhaps I should switch again and see if I am sunnier during the season of short days.

Marie - hope you learn your new keyboard quickly. We need to see you!!!

Sandy - two naps sound good to me. In fact any type of nap might be a plus today! Haaaa.

I'd best not sit too long because my motivation might drain out my toes.

All best wishes.

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Afternoon all, I think those natural light bulbs are just another gimmick to make us part with our hard earned cash! I was born into a fun filled family and I don't remember anybody becoming gloomy in rainy and dark weather at family get togethers or any other time. In fact the opposite usually happened, and believe me it could get pretty dark, and misty on the east coast of England, especially when we had to rely on gas light until I was 12.
    My Monday has been quite enjoyable. I got rid of some rather large clothing I was given by a friend and didn't like at all and only wore uncomfortably when the giver was around. I think enough time has elapsed that they can be considered "worn out". No, I didn't donate, why inflict on some other poor soul. Rather than the lack of natural light bulbs these garments made me feel down in spirit, sallow, and all my age plus some! It's like a huge burden is lifted just chucking them in the trash can. It's not that I'm not grateful! But I wish friends would take note of the colours we individually favour rather than the ones that suit them! No matter how many times I bleated I like autumn colours I usually ended up with black, purple or navy blue when colour was involved.
    Anne
  • I like the brightness of those lights, but they don't change my mood. I need more light when I'm sewing and watching TV. Either florescent or those bulbs are my choices.
    Been patching my old quilt. I just love the old thing so I patch and add more patches. It takes three full rounds in the dryer, in summer I hang it outside. We've had gobs of rain, and still have more. Tomorrow I get another MRI of my back for the new doctor. I'm trying to get it done by the end of the year, whatever he suggests, so that my insurance will cover more.
    I'm making pizza for Jim tonight, at his request. I think I'll have steamed rice and vegetables.
    Have a good night.
    Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    Past midnight and I keep falling asleep at the keyboard. Happy to report my foot seems to be responding well to my wrapping and the Tylenol and today I was able to drive a small group to the local University for a talk on the dysfunction in our nation! He seemed right on target!
    I do know several people who react to dark gloomy winter days! Perhaps it's why Florida is becoming so populated!
    Wishing you all a good night; sleep well! I think I will!
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    A rather bleak morning due to low cloud and drizzle but I still met up with my friend and her dog for our daily walk on the moors. We couldn't see much beyond our noses due to the thickness of the fog so stayed on a pathway rather than risk getting lost!! Not having to travel to the hospital daily is bliss but taking me a while to get used to the extra time available to do what I want. This afternoon I'm going to pop in to see an elderly neighbour who is suffering ill health but loves to see George so I warned her when I phoned this morning to set a time that he's more than a little messy after splashing in lots of puddles!

Here in the UK SAD or Seasonal Affective disorder is recognised as a form of depression and light boxes do seem to help many as they stimulate the part of the brain that reacts to sunlight and cheers our mood. A lack of vitamin D can also drag people down and is the only vitamin I take although only during winter months.

Buzz ~ Delighted to read your foot is feeling good enough to drive even if it means taking the occasional pill but goodness any talk in this country about the dysfunction of society could last years never mind an evening!!

Anne ~ Our time as children in the UK was idyllic compared to today because it was so innocent and communities looked after their own but things are so different today. Families sitting around a table playing board games or cards and singing along to grandad's piano playing in the "lounge" is probably unheard of in most homes now because everyone is attached to an iphone or computer and has lost the art of communication.... easy enough to become depressed then!! It must be the time of year because I'm also going through my wardrobes clearing what doesn't get worn and am passing on to a friend doing much the same so she can drop them off at a local hospice charity shop.

Patsy ~ A couple of years ago I attended tai chi classes and found myself hopping on one foot or coming close to toppling when I was supposed to be relaxed in a pose of stretching to the sun or feeling a waterfall so know exactly what you mean about your yoga but the whole idea is to improve balance over time so do persevere. Since walking regularly with George I've stopped riding my exercise bike but feel the difference and plan to uncover it (It's become a coat hanger!!) and dust off before getting back into a routine because I'm not allowed to swim at the community pool until the affects of treatment calm and my muscles are beginning to complain even after a short time seated..... too much ooh'ing and aah'ing every time I stand!! I loved "You will meet a tall dark stranger" and encouraged all my friends to watch out for it. There's something about Woody Allen's humour that tickles me!

Time for a light lunch before going out for my visit so I'll say hello to Sandy, Lin and Marie and get myself into the kitchen.

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning you,all read all of your post
    Will make this brief, just wanted to let you know I I read all of your post and so happy to hav you all in my life.
    So will ask a question.Whats for lunch ? Jackie said she was having a ligh lunch.
    I plan on a big salad with chicken , and a fruit.
    Love you all
    marie
  • linder4866
    I'm just stopping by as well. I'm off to a holiday open house at a store I really only visit once a year---when they have their open house! But it's an interesting place so I'm about ready to leave. I just got back from the store because I'd run out of curry powder and TOMORROW I'm going to try a concoction of butternut squash cubes, tomatoes, beans, onion, garlic and lots of spices.

Marie, when I get back today I have broccoli slaw for lunch and will make some little potato waffles while I eat the big bowl of slaw. Ooops, making myself hungry.

Anne, I told you I threw one top into the garbage yesterday because it wasn't even good enough to consider donating. Now I am thinking of some things I tossed into a box to take for donation later. I'm going to go through that again and decide if things are good enough to donate. But whatever I decide I didn't fold things nicely and they are all wrinkled so I think I should wash and dry them. Ha, just made myself more work.

Sunshine today. Last of it apparently for a couple of day. I am going to smile while the sun is shining.

Hugs my friends.

Lin