Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Very very sad for France's suffering. Poor old Europe. Phoebes right, just a matter of time before the USA, and Canada are hit.
    Stay home, stay safe.
    Anne
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning sneakers, Rather cool this morning.
    Phoebe very sad indeed my heart ache for the people of France. I agree it's only a matter of time . Sure hope not or.
    anywhere for that matter

I am drinking my one cup of coffee and tryiny to keep warm

Jerry fell on the back porch steps last night and bruise his ankle up. Some. but can walk om it fairly well. He said he will be fine,he is my rock

Ihav been drinking lots of water this week. Peeing a lot too.Wow do you all think 80 oz. is enough or maybe too much? All I know is it's a lot of water. Have not had a diet drink in a week.

Well time to get my breakfast ha bing cottage cheese and fruit this morning.
    Hope you all have a blessed day

Love
    Marie
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    My heart is sad for the people of France today and others caught up in the tragedy. As a precaution, my husband asked our 23 year old son to please not go into downtown Atlanta last night. Today, I still feel numb over the news and heartbroken for the families now suffering because of this horrendous, unnecessary violence.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,143 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :) Very sad indeed Phoebe, the world has changed so much since we were young. I hate the thought of another attack on the U.S. but it seems no where is safe. Prayers for us all.

Marie Do you think Jerry should go have his ankle looked at by the doctor?? When I gave up diet soda and switched to water I lost weight, not sure you can have too much water. Patsy Our first concern in times of crisis are our families, especially children. I wish the world was a better place and we could all live in peace and harmony. AnneActually, we should all live our lives as today was the last day, enjoy what we have and share happiness and kindness. Shirley That is quite a job when trying to purge and downsize, I got rid of so much stuff when I moved, but I could probably do my closet again and get rid of unworn clothes. Barbie You know your body better than anyone so if walking feels fine I know your pups appreciate it. Daisy loves the cold weather, after all she has a beautiful fur coat. Lin Busy, busy, busy! I will have to research those chickens as well. Marcella Lamb chops on the grill sound so good, I haven't had them if forever. Jeri As usual your picture is breathtaking, my grandson would love to climb that mountain. Buzz I hope that Florida weather holds up until I get there the week of December 9th. Looking forward to some R&R with my daughter and her friends. Jackie I still haven't decided on whether to go to St. Louis even though I would love to see my son and his family. I am insecure when it comes it comes to my DIL family, they are all educated and very smart and I sometimes feel as I don't fit in. Don't get me wrong, they are always nice to me, it is just that the conversation always turns to something I know nothing about. Still thinking about the drive as well.

Have a great Saturday.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    No Sandy . Jerry is walking normal now but I was worried about him last night. Thanks for your cocerned about Jerry
    Have a nice weekend Sneaker
    <3 Marie.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Late evening and I'm considering heading for my bed because the wind is howling down the chimney and making me feel cold even though there' still a warm glow in the stove. The dog groomer visited this afternoon so George is looking particularly handsome although asleep now, curled up on his favourite doggy duvet. The tragic news from Paris was unfortunately not unexpected as we in Europe live with the reality that it's not if but when such atrocities will take place again. It's a sad world when young radicals can become so dehumanized they can murder so many innocents but we must get on with our lives and not be afraid otherwise they win.

Marie ~ Due to my treatment I was advised to drink over 2 pints of water a day so like you I seem to be constantly heading for the loo but do feel better for it. As Sandy said, you can't drink too much. Poor Jerry, I hope he will watch his step on the back porch at night in future. How are your kitties.... all grown up?

Sandy ~ you have so much wisdom you certainly are not lacking intelligence just because conversations might cover a subject you don't know too much about and anyway I'm sure they all love you for how you are.

Eyes drooping so I'm off to bed. Hello to everyone else and I'll hopefully have more time for posting tomorrow.

Jackie
  • pinkperil
    Options
    The latest walking video made when we were enjoying our Indian summer....all changed now!!
    https://youtu.be/cRZx2S4Dj6U

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I guess we are all in a state of shock over the massacre in Paris. Good grief, my son and his bride were there just a few weeks ago! At last count , I think I heard 128 people were killed! Fanatics of any kind can turn dangerous so quickly due to a zeal they believe comes directly to them from above! So sad .
    SANDY, as JACKIE pointed out, you needn't take a back seat to anyone! You have that rare quality called common sense, and if the conversation is new for you, just listen at first, and you will soon be joining the talk! Go, and enjoy. I'm sure they love y ou!
    Oops, debate time. See you tomorrow!
    <3 Buzz
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Jackie - Loved the video. Thank you for sharing. I couldn't help but notice that one of your dogs is way more energetic than the other. So cute!
  • Jacean245
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone. I just want to clarify something I said earlier which was "stay home, stay safe". I didn't literally mean "stay in your house" I meant stay in your own country at this horrible time in the worlds history. These evil people are targeting the tourists in particular. The people on this forum live in beautiful countries. Explore them at this time. Canadians well off enough to spend the winter in Florida, good idea, anybody fit enough to swoop down Canada's ski country, Mmm maybe not so good at our ages, the U.K. is absolutely lovely, there's so much to see and do there. Who's for the Caribbean? I just think Europe or the Middle East are not a good idea at this time. There, that's just my view.
    SANDY, like the comments above, I agree with all that's been written, you most certainly do not have to take a back seat to anyone! I'm filled with admiration at the way you take care of young Robby! Go and enjoy!
    Well, off my soapbox, here's to a peaceful and loving Sunday, Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    God morning Sneakers
    plan today
    Make Jerry chicken and dumpling
    For dinner
    Watch the cowboy game,
    Have a great day <3 marie

• Jacean245
    Options
    EXHAUSTED just watching Scruff! Yes, George is my sort of dog! Anne
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Those poor people in France and their families going through this chaos. It won't help Canada
    since our new Prime Minister of Canada wants to bring thousands of Serians into the country.
    That's my soapbox. It's a matter of time.

Still purging household goods and I can't believe the stuff I have accumulated over the years.

I have my massed choir performance today and need to be there at 1:00pm until after 5 pm.
    It will be a long day, I have my fiber bars and water with me. I have a knot in my shoulder blade today
    which doesn't help. I just took some Aleve so hope the pain subsides or it will be an uncomfortable
    day of singing.

Jackie - I will check out your video later.
    Phoebe - also your link on water I will check out.
    Marie - I hope Jerry didn't break anything. I have sprained both my ankles in the past so I know
    how the pain can be. May he feel better soon.

Shirley
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,143 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :) Went to Church and dinner with Babe yesterday and then stayed to watch a movie with him and Daisy. Nothing planned for today as I stopped at Walmart for "Robby" groceries on the way home last night. I will have my usual video call with my kids, at least the two who normally show up and then try to catch up on my DVR.
    Thank you all for boosting my insecurity, I will let you know if I am going or not. If they plan on doing Black Friday shopping then I will probably stay home, I will not go near a store on that weekend. In fact I do most of my Christmas shopping online. I will find out today when I speak to my son.

Shirley, sorry you have a knot and do hope the Aleve helps. I went back to Aleve while watching Robby, it really helps with the back pain I get from lifting him. Good luck at the choir performance, any chance of posting a video of you singing? Phoebe I stand corrected, I guess you can drink too much water. Unfortunately, I do not drink enough water so no danger for me. Marie would Jerry mind sharing those chicken and dumplings, sound so good. Marcella sticking my nose in to let you know that the frisky dog is Jackie's friends, George is Jackie's pup, the quiet one. I bet she never thought he would be described as quiet. lol Jackie what a beautiful place to walk and run. Daisy would absolutely love to be able to run so free without worry of getting hit by a car. We do not like dog parks because some of the dogs get aggressive so she doesn't get to run wild like George and Scruff. It just looks so peaceful and serene, I envy you. Buzz you always know what to say to us, you are such a wise woman.

Have a great Sunday, I plan on enjoying mine.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean245
    edited November 2015
    Options
    25,000 by Christmas at last count Shirley. How many "would be's" among them? If there are, how many will also cross into the States?
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Anne, Jim said today that the terrorist who was posing as a refugee will make it hard for the people who need refuge. I feel for everyone affected by these troubles.
    Even so, this morning as I drove east into a semi cloudy sunrise, I had to say, it's a beautiful day. We can't let them take our strength and our freedoms. I remember 9/11 was a lovely day. For me, It made the attacks seem surreal, but not for long.
    I was drinking lots of water and coffee when my doctor said it was too much fluids.. She was concerned about my enlarged bladder. No one has ever mentioned the brain or anything else.
    Drizzly but not cold, grateful for that.
    Enjoy your week.
    Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just returned from a trip to Costco to return a bunch of ink cartridges I had refilled at what I thought was such a bargain price! Well, they were not recognized by my printer, and when I figured out how to force them, the colors were just awful, or didn't print at all. So much for my bargains! They took them back without a
    whimper! Finally got to watch George watch his frisky friend! So funny how he avoids being involved! The surroundings are unbelievable, all the history abounding that moor! JACKIE has tons of talents and a keen eye to bring us back in time! Thanks for sharing!
    PHOEBE, what an important article about drinking too much. I had been aware of the dangers in people with kidney problems or diabetic involvement drinking more water than kidneys could handle, but the stroke was new to me! I recall when I tried to down gallons daily, thinking if some was good, more was better. Just as with anything...moderation is the smartest way.
    ANNE, I think we all are very concerned about catching terrorists among the poor victims of Syrian horror, but if we hide, the terrorists win. Their aim is to stop business, travel, enjoyment and normal life by threatening fear. They will be conquered, as evil generally is, but we must try to live as normally as possible while they are being hunted down.
    I hope Jerry's ankle is a temporary pain, MARIE. Give him hugs from all of us!
    SHIRLEY, we purged years of collecting when we downsized. Here it is, 3 years later, and I wonder where all the newer stuff is coming from!!! And I hate shopping, which I do mostly online!
    Sunday night = 60 minutes, so I'll say goodnight before I fall asleep!
    <3 Buzz
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI SNEAKERS,
    My son and his wife were here visiting from Seattle for a week and I had so much fun with them here that I forgot about everything else. I love having the Family visit. Now I am planning my Christmas/New years vacation over in Abu Dhabi to be with my daughter and her girls. I think I'll stay about 10 days! When my son left here he went to visit his sister too in the UAE so they are together right now. I think he leaves tomorrow to go back to the states. It made me happy that he planned a stop to visit his sister. Nice when the kids get along and want to spend time together.
    Sounds like from the posts that I have been reading that everyone is doing good and gearing up for Thanksgiving and the holidays. I personally can't wait.
    We will gather with some friend from church and celebrate Thanksgiving.
    Have a good day.
    Phyllis
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Good morning sneakers. I'm back from our usual morning walk and now keeping one eye on the weather outside because I've hung washing out to get some air through before the next heavy rain that's apparently going to be over us until Friday! Also have to muck out the hen house, something I planned to do yesterday but the rain just didn't stop!

Phoebe ~ That article about drinking too much water was fascinating but I couldn't quite work out why anyone would drink enough in a short time to do such damage. When I drink plenty I do find my bladder gets stronger and then I don't feel any urgency to get to the loo but the water would have to find my brain first!!! On the walk this morning my friend and I said much the same as Jim in that there are thousands of refugees doing their best to find a safe haven for their families but unfortunately there are also thousands of young men claiming to be economic migrants that have been allowed to wander across open European borders so terrorists will have used the chaos to get here and genuine refugees will suffer the backlash.

Sandy ~ Being surrounded by such glorious countryside and moorland is a joy and you're right, it's ideal dog walking terrain. If George was in a dog park he would certainly be aggressive out of fear but these wide open spaces have allowed him to socialize at his own pace, not to say he doesn't occasionally take a dislike to a dog and have a grumble but that's rare now. That's lovely that you managed some chill time with Babe and Daisy and although it seems a rare event these days I'm sure that makes it all the more enjoyable.

Buzz ~ A tv programme for consumers last week covered the subject of printer ink cartridges and the fact the manufacturers still only half fill them and fix the little chip that reads to say they are empty when not, then it stops working once it's been opened because they want us to go out and buy new. You'd imagine there would be a law against it but it seems no one is on the consumers side these days!! Yes, George does his own thing on our walks because when I did throw a ball for him he found a deep hole or pond to "lose" it in, either that or *kitten* his leg and pee on it so I've given up that game and he's happy although when we get close to the car park on our return he and Scruff play and wrestle each other in a friendly way so there is some interaction.

Phyllis ~ Lovely to hear from you and that you've been enjoying family visits.

No excuses, I must get out and sort my hens abode out so they have a cosy and dry house to sleep in. Enjoy your Monday everyone, whatever your plans.

Jackie