Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Brrr, George and I walked across our favourite section of moorland in cold gale force wind and driving rain this morning and it was almost impossible to throw his ball without it disappearing in the wrong direction! We're now both drip drying. No plans today other than some housework and a bit of time attacking the mess that is the spare bedroom because yesterday I finally unpacked a garden storage box I purchased a month ago which once assembled will be used to house lots of beekeeping items that currently reside in that room.

Sandy ~ You are always thinking of others so just this once, since Rob and Lisa say they don't mind, take that trip to St Louise. <3

Jeri ~ Wow, as ever a stunning photo and my goodness, you must be having a wonderful time surrounded by such beauty.

Buzz ~ You won't be lacking protein after your memorial meal that's for sure!! Lacking the energy to do what I want is frustrating but I know you're right, it's early days. The good news is an itchy red rash that appeared during my last week of treatment which was driving me mad is now clearing up. I had looked on the website of a breast cancer care charity to see if it was a normal side effect but when I saw most sufferers were prescribed steroid creams decided to go down the natural route instead and have been removing leaves from my aloa vera plant and covering the rash with its gel and joy of joys nature knows best, the itch has gone and the rash is rapidly disappearing. Wouldn't it be wonderful to sit on that grumpy sofa together and put the world to rights!!

Lin ~ It seems storms are gathering all over the planet and do remember we had warnings months ago about el nino in the Pacific stirring things up. Our forecasters have decided to name our hurricanes from now on which is a sign of the times since we rarely had them in the past. Apparently "Abigail" is on her way to the north of Scotland with 100 mph winds but I should only experience the edge of the storm with high winds, probably what nearly blew me and George over this morning!! I do hope your sirens didn't herald a damaging storm. Yesterday I ordered a pair of gardening gloves on Amazon and had your same quandary about sizes. Hopefully large won't be too big for me but being from the delicate Laura Ashley store they surely wouldn't imagine a ladies hand ever being so big!!!

Goodness, where has my morning gone? Something light for lunch (Marie - just ryvita, Edam cheese, coleslaw and a delicious apple called "Early Gloucester") and then I'll set off around the cottage with my vacuum cleaner.

Hello to everyone I missed.
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,205 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good morning Jackie - I hope you and George are drying out!! Storms storms everywhere apparently. That is interesting that they are starting to name the storms now. So apparently more than usual are expected? It is still windy here and by this afternoon the wind gusts should be slowing down under 40 mph. I woke up many times last night as my house was rattling from strong gusts. And yes, there was damage in our metro area and several tornados in other areas.

Best wishes on finding gloves that fit. I never know what size to get either. Everything depends on the manufacturer doesn't it??

Good luck on assembling your storage box. When I complete little assembly projects I feel quite happy. While trying to figure out how to assemble something I am less thrilled. Ha.

Wow--I am so happy that your natural aloe plant leaves have been effective in healing your rash. Astounding that a natural product is so good and I am glad you didn't have to use any other chemicals to address this. Wahoo!! As far as low energy, I think you are doing well. At least it seems so from long distance when you describe all that you do. Wishing you more and more energy each day.

Time to move along. I have a hankering for cranberries so am going to try to make some cranberry orange relish in that food processor. If it turns out well I also have heard of combining that with chopped pear and cooked sweet potato and using that mixture to stuff baked sweet potatoes. It all sounds lovely and seasonal so we'll see, one step at a time.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Morning,

I have 27 posts didn't get on here yesterday. We spend two days at Kathy's hugging and playing with Isaac.
    He is so precious every time we see him. <3

Today I am starting my tidying project starting with my clothes. I will be going through the whole house and I know
    I will not get it all done today but will keep at it for a few days. We have been in this house over since 1991 and its
    time. I have 27 post s to read so I will try and catch up at some point.

9ukl0io0ojfk.jpg

Shirley

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Morning, just letting you know my network went down for about 14 hours. If it goes again, just letting you know everything is fine except my server. ❤️Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I'd better not complain about the lovely weather, even though I d be happier at a temperature lower than 84 degrees. Sky is bright blue, and Mike therapist just cancelled his appointment today, so perhaps we ca get a bit of shopping done. His cereal jar is empty.
    My house looks nice and clean, at least on the surface, so I have time to go after some medical bills our insurance claims they don't owe. As soon as one thing gets solved , another pops up! Have a lovely day...
    <3 Buzz
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Sweet Isaac, is he wondering what the grownups are doing?!!
    Anne, no no say it ain't so! Not more connection problems!
    Lin, cranberry orange relish sounds delish. Then adding everything else to a sweet potato, priceless!
    Buzz, 84 degrees must sound grand to our northern sneakers. Sunshine too, oh yes! We've had so much rain.
    Patsy, hope you're having a good day on that side of the country.
    Jackie, they've been naming hurricanes here and now they name winter storms too. It doesn't make me like any of them! Yes, you are more energetic on a bad day than I will ever be.
    I went to our new Sam's club this week. They are still featuring grand opening specials. They had fresh squeezed orange juice, yum. I usually can't drink it but this went smoothly. I didn't buy much but enjoyed checking prices.

Hope Barbie is doing OK, would like to know how her nerve test turned out.
    Phoebe
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Interesting day. Last Sunday I raked all the leaves to the front of the house for the towns big vacuum machine truck to trundle along and eventually suck them all up. Today Mother Nature blew them all back to their original positions. Ah well, it was really quite beautiful watching all the leaves fluttering about, but we had some really gusty winds doing this.
    I was supposed to go out with my friend today, but she is really scared of gale force winds slamming into the side of her little car on the highway, plus the cooler weather was causing her much pain in her arthritic hip with difficulty walking and climbing steps and stairs so we've put our little jaunt off until next week. Thank goodness for the telephone, we had a nice long gossip instead.
    For some reason I lost all internet communication for about 14 hours, but with my friend not visiting I ended up clearing everything and starting all over again. I'm not sure if this worked or it wasn't me at all, but really a server problem, whatever, here I am again reading everyone's interesting posts and enjoying the beautiful photos.
    Anne, who is never sure if she will be here tomorrow. Maybe I need a new iPad after all.
  • Jacean245
    Options
    PS. I've just been reading about chickens in Cornwall wearing woolly sweaters to keep them warm, JACKIE.
    Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    z309qwnq3xl2.jpeg

We do live in a gorgeous area.

Having fun.

Jeri

Breath taking Jeri

Marie

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    The weather was gorgeous at our RV lot today. Anne, I'm sorry to hear that your leaves got blown back into your yard. I guess I was a bit more fortunate. I was able to get most of the leaves raked up and carted away. For dinner, I continued to enjoy the warmer day by grilling some lamb chops outside. It looks like this may be the last warm day for a while. So it was nice to be able to enjoy it.
    Marcella
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Jacean245 wrote: »
    PS. I've just been reading about chickens in Cornwall wearing woolly sweaters to keep them warm, JACKIE.
    Anne.

Okay, I just had to google this. It isn't just Cornwall. Seems to be all the rage in backyard chicken coops! What funny pictures! :D
    Marcella
  • Jacean245
    Options
    The pictures of the chickens wearing jumpers extremely funny, MARCELLA! Reminded me of Beatrice Potters children's books. I saw it on BBC news but didn't think I could transfer photos to this site. Glad you aren't faced with yet more raking of leaves, sigh. That was funny in itself, IF I didn't have to rake them again!
    Enjoy Friday 13th everybody.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,205 Member
    Options
    I've got to get some time to look this up. Chickens in jumpers?!?!?! It's on my list of things to do.

Meanwhile, it looks like a busy few days coming up. So may not be around much until Monday. Today is jam-packed with everything I *want* to accomplish. Tomorrow is the annual turkey dinner and craft sale at my church so I will be there from late morning until they are finished with me sometime in the evening. Sunday is another long day at church as I am still on communion duty and the other person who's assigned often just doesn't show up. It's okay, just takes longer. Off to start ticking things off the list.

Wishing everyone well (and good health)!

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,007 Member
    Options
    :) The nerve conduction test is next Friday and then who knows when the results will come or what the next step will be...until then, I take the nerve pain prescription which seems to help me sleep and some ibuprofen and wear the foot splints to bed and walk the dogs and dance and ride the exercise bike and try to ignore the pain and tingling. Taking my life one day at a time, my life is going along great and I am grateful for my health and my mobility and that the dogs didn't mind walking in the wind and drizzle this morning.

<3 Barbie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Wind and rainy here too Barbie, but that was yesterday. Alot cooler today but no more rain :)

I started my tidying of the house project yesterday and it took me all day to do my closet. I had clothes in
    2 closets under two beds and so on. After 9 bags later I have all my clothes in one closet and my drawers
    are neat and tidy with rolling most of it. Next the bookcase and got two long tupperwares full and half a
    crate. Dave helped me donate some to St. Vincent DiPaul and the books went to a used book store and
    she gave me $6.00 which I was not expecting. Now to our desk downstairs and so on until everything is
    in its place. It will take me awhile, I thought I was organized until I got started and found out I had the
    same category of things stored all over the house. My objective is to have it in one place.

I had Yoga class today and we did some hip stretching today which I need. My hips are tight at times.

I have our concert on Sunday with the massed choirs and I need to be there at 1:00pm until after 5PM.
    It will be a long day. My MIL and Dave are coming for the final performance and then we will get some dinner
    after that.

Our two days to see Isaac was wonderful. He is mimicking what you do now and he sits and watches you
    when you aren't looking. He watches everthing now. Kathy and I did some shopping on Wednesday mostly
    getting Christmas things. It was good solid two days with him and you can never get enough. <3

Today we are going to a sailing club party, end of the season wrap up for cruising. I am baking
    a pumpkin cake with sour cream frosting I got on Pinterest.

Have a great day everyone!

Shirley

fgytk9gtcbrn.jpg
    Options
    Shirley, Isaac is so cute, and it sounds like he's learning new things quickly! Love the photo. Also, thanks for the great idea for my lingerie, rolling them is the solution I needed!
    Lin, youre not trying to wear yourself down, are you? Please take care of you.
    Thanks Barbie for the info. Sorry you have to wait so long.
    I googled the chickens too, they are really cute. Especially that rooster i saw!

Falling asleep, bye for now
    Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know all,is well here
    <3 Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,143 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! :) My house is back in order again for the weekend, otherwise it looks like a day care with toys all over. I put things away so that I can use my fireplace while relaxing on the couch. It is hidden by a table covered with a blanket so he doesn't get hurt. I go back to baby mode on Sunday nights.
    I went to both wakes yesterday and ended up at dinner with three friends that also went to the last wake. No plans for the weekend although Babe said he would like to go to Church and dinner but will see if he follows through tomorrow.

Shirley, I can feel the love of your grandson in your pictures and words, I am so happy for you. Robby is the one keeping me young right now, without him I think I would be lonely since Bryanna is now too involved and doesn't see me much. I in fact haven't seen her before Halloween.

I will write a longer post tomorrow after a good night's sleep, Enjoy the rest of your Friday.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh no! Just lost a big long post! Oh well! I'll try again later.
    Loved all the posts and news.
    Patsy
    Options
    Sad to hear about Paris. I fear it is just a matter of when not if they hit the U.S.
    Be safe and careful, enjoy your weekend
    Phoebe