Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends , today will be a great day like every day, full of happy things.
    This mornings breakfast was: 2 rice cakes , 2 T better n peanut butter, apple slices and black coffee.yum.
    Lunch will be with friends at the senior center. This is the day we have a bigger lunch and small dinner.
    Dinner will be a salad with kale in it.

My plan is to just sew today. We still have lots of snow on the ground, probably 2 feet left in the yard. Sidewalks are shoveled so slippery.
    Enjoy your day today with happypy thoughts.
    Chris
  • 6cookys
    Options
    Sandy. I try to plan my meals for the day because otherwise I eat what I shouldn't. I learned this at weight watchers.
    I am trying to eat better and reduce my portions.i need to eat smaller portions as this has always been my problem. Happy eating!!
    Chris
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Chris, I do exactly the same, I work it all out first thing in the morning and that way, like now when I try to lose the few pounds I put on during the festivities, I can be sure I don't go over the daily allowance. Of course I let things slip over Christmas, e.g mince pies in and fruit cake in, calories most definitely not out. I'm back to weighing food if it's applicable.
    My day today:
    Breakfast - 1/2 cup orange juice
    Oatmeal
    Dinner. - small gluten free feta cheese, spinach etc pizza
    Small sweet potato
    Cauliflower
    Teatime. - 1 slice buttered toast
    1 boiled egg
    Snacks. - 1 banana
    1 homegrown Apple - yes the apples are still with me! But I register them as commercial!
    This gives me just over 1200 calories for the day and today a little low on the protein.
    Fish for tomorrow.
    Well, it's a snowy day here and I'm just wondering if I dare walk on our unplowed sidewalks to the mail boxes. It was pretty cold yesterday, but milder today which makes everything more treacherous underfoot. Wish me luck IF I venture forth.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :) It is cold here, very cold with the temperature at 5 degrees and wind chill of minus 17. We had a little more snow and the snow cleaners are out doing their business. It is too cold for the dog walker to walk Daisy so hopefully it warms up soon.
    Another day of staying in, I think I will work on some DVD's. I did ride the bike yesterday and watched my calories but still gained a few ounces. What the heck?
    Babe has a touch of pneumonia with new antibiotics and his son has three broken toes, a cracked rib and a slight concussion. Neither was kept in the hospital so I presume they will be okay.

Chris, actually I pretty much eat the same thing each day so I guess I do know my menu. I eat either mini pancakes or a bagel for breakfast. Usually just bread sticks with cheese dip for lunch and a lean cuisine or healthy choice meal for dinner. I have rice cakes for my snack while watching TV and a glass of wine. Still it is hard to lose the last 5 pounds, not for lack of trying. My Wii won't read my discs so I am going to try my sons console to see if his works. I would like to do some of my Wii exercises.

Marie, I hope Alice is feeling better now that they pulled her tooth. She is a wonderful daughter who takes good care of you and Jerry. Good idea about finding transportation to Mesquite, especially if you are uncomfortable with Jerry driving.

Phoebe, I am going to buy a ticket and I am going to win. I have to because the stock market is killing me. lol

Marcella, good luck to your hubby on his test, just a routine test I hope.

Shirley, have fun with Issac, I am missing my little man who will be here Thursday.

Lin, tell us good news and that you are getting better each day!! Babe sounds horrible so I can imagine you must feel the same.

Patsy, love the story about your dad and so wonderful you honored his wishes. I will think positive thoughts about winning and see if it works. I will try it tomorrow at bingo and let you know. lol

Buzz, I call those my God ahha moments. It is like when Babe and I couldn't find my driving glasses anywhere although I knew they were in the car somewhere. I told Babe just forget it God will find them for me. After dinner when I got in the car there they were as plain as day after we searched everywhere. I leave a lot of things in God's Hands, it works for me.

Have a safe and warm day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    What started as an enjoyable walk across the moors avoiding as many muddy puddles as possible ended up a battle through horizontal hail and sleet that had George guiding us towards a large gorse bush to hide behind until it blew over. We covered a further distance than first planned so were pleased we were brave enough to set out in the first place. Later on in the morning the urge took me to fill a bucket of hot soapy water and attack the windows and doors that had so much rain thrown at them over the past few weeks but did wonder what I was thinking as I stood in a freezing north wind without a coat. Never mind, job done and I'm feeling righteous!! Winter has finally arrived but I have no firm plans this week so it can throw at me what it wishes.

Anne ~ My hairdresser always asks what I want done to my hair but what then tends to happen is we get chatting and before I know it a quick "tidy" turns into a short cut or the opposite..... please cut it short end with it looking no different to my eye! On the radio this afternoon a BBC DJ said he'd had a text from a listener in Toronto stating it had started snowing and didn't look as if it would ever stop so was going to stay home and listen to the radio and I thought of you.... do the same!

Battery running down so will recharge and return after dinner.
    Jackie
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I tottered to the mailboxes JACKIE and I tottered back AND stayed upright. I bought these ugly hiking boots from Hikers Haven, and ugly they may be, but they anchored me to the ground. I cannot imagine me washing my windows outside without a coat!! The TV forecast is 3 days of snow. They interviewed one of our new asylum seekers who was looking slightly dazed because he'd never seen snow before. It's only minus 2 today, but minus 7 tomorrow hence me crawling off to the mailbox before it all freezes crusty overnight.
    Anne of the north.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,199 Member
    Options
    Good day - I have fought through a bit more of the paper mountain. I have also had my lunch and now I will clean up as I am off to the library to see what they have for their adult coloring afternoon.

It is cold but this is only offered once a month. I am scheduled for vehicle service tomorrow morning and a haircut on Thursday. I have addressed cards for some shut-ins at church so will drop them in the mailbox.

Have to run. It takes lots longer to try to make myself presentable these days. I have my menthol drops and Kleenex packed and a travel mug of hot tea. I am set!!

Phoebe, I made it through the first season of that show on Acorn and suddenly I do not care if I ever see the next two seasons. Did you watch all of it?? I think it was because I was starting to see what was coming next where at first it was all unexpected.

Hugs to all. Stay safe.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    The winning nunber is 09-19-23-44-48-54. have you pack yet?
    It was a dollar ricketJerry got me a 2 dollar ticket

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I try to correct my ticket but It would not let me.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Powerball drawing is Wednesday evening at about 10pm. Got a while to wait.

Coloring at the library was fun. Small group of ladies. Plan to go each month!!

Man it is cold out there.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    63 degrees here! Feels chilly!
    Damp and cool and everyone is complaining about knees so I'll shut up!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    lin what is adult coloring Did you stay in within the lines?
  • linder4866
    Options
    Adult coloring is all sorts of intricate designs to do in color pencil or marker. Check Amazon, there are dozens and dozens of books available. It is all the rage these days. And no, I don't do well at staying in the lines!! Ha. Ha. Ha.

Lin
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello from rainy Oregon! Dark and wet this morning. Yes, Buzz! I am complaining about my knees! I was to have an appointment with the wound care nurse but the scheduler at the clinic messed up. She gave me the appointment card with date and time but didn't enter it on the master schedule. So I got a last minute call....ooooooops! How about tomorrow instead? I guess it is a good thing this isn't toooo critical. But the truth is, these diabetic ulcers develope pretty fast and can advance quickly. I am hitting it hard several times a day with beta dine. So far so good...sort of.

A cold wet miserable day, really. Amazing Mazzy stumbled and fell down a few steps. She is very depressed and is walking slowly but surely. However her dinner cheered her up and her treats helped as well. Going out in the rain and cold was never her favorite but she did go out briefly on the leash. These dogs are family to us so seeing them suffer with athritis and age is heartbreaking. We are lucky to have a wonderful local vet. Appointment pending...

I think tonight I will serve veggy soup and cornbread. Cheerful music and some exercise...upstairs for me with the dogs. John said he will do his 45 minutes on the bike downstairs then upstairs to read, listen to music and chat with me and the dogs. We seem to be living an EXCITING life this winter. No doubt about it, I do need to up my game!
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Just watched a beautiful speech that gives me hope for a better year!
    <3 Buzz
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Lin, I watched all of it. It was predictable, yes, but I wanted to see the ending. We'll pick up some tickets tomorrow, they may be put in an album to preserve them, a record jackpot!

Dozing on and off, so I'll be back tomorrow.
    Phoebe
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good evening Sneakers...

Time to make time to check in on the Sneakers to see what everyone has been up too. When I get 100 posts behind it gets to be quite an ordeal to play catch up, but I really don't want to miss anything important. So much going on with everyone.

Currently sitting here with my blanket on my lap and the upright heater adjusted to go on periodically. It is 74 in the house and I am cold more than not. Outside it was in the 60s today. No rain today but a bit blustery with light rain due here the next 4 days and snow in the mtns. Jackie....Love your nice cozy fireplace with your animals keeping you company and a cup of tea handy to keep you warm. Can envision the winds a blowing sending the cool draft down your chimney and rain beating on your windows. George is one lucky pup to get you to go outside for your lengthy walks on a blustery day. Did you find anything at the antique store that you were looking for ?

Speaking of haircuts...mine was yesterday. She was to do my usual short cut and color. Color good but she really got scissor happy cutting down to about pixie length this time, which is a bit shorter than normal. She always gives great cuts, but I never quite know just how short it will be. Just thrilled to have an even cut, which makes my curly hair so much more manageable. Washed it this am and styled it to my normal style. Could have given her a big kiss because it turned out great and my curl was very happy, so so was I. LOL

Does anyone else have the problem of ordering new glass frames and lenses and then 3 hrs later going...why did I get those frames ? What was I thinking ? It happens every time. Shall see how they really are in 3 weeks.

Jeri....Love your picture headed to Kamloops, which means you drove right thru Salmon Arm where I lived for a year and a half 40 yrs ago. Where does time go ? It also meant you drove right thru Banff like Shirley said, which had a great skiing. Glad I still have those memories.

We had a fun day with our granddaughter today after we picked her up from school. She is 5 now. First over to the park and then back to our house where we put a new CD on of The Sound of Music. I am slowly trying to encourage her singing as well as introduce her to the musicals. She loves to sing and dance. After about 15 min she wanted to see the DVD, so we put it on. So surprised she watched the whole thing never once drifting off to sleep. Once it was over she wanted the music back on, so we sang Do, Re, Mei. Guess likely what we will be doing the next couple of days. :) She already loves Annie. Trying to figure out which would be the next best one to show her. Our daughter had no interest in this and won't sit still to watch them, so grandma is loving this....

Lin....please take care of yourself. Know all about a cold with a cough. I had mine in early December. Lots of rest sitting up more than not, menthol drops, kleenex, hot soup and lots of tea. Get well my friend soon.

Well I have rambled on enough. Though I may not have mentioned you directly I am thinking of all of you. Stay safe, dry and out of the cold. I would love some of your snow :) , but only for a few days. So sorry Marie didn't win the lottery. What a fun gathering that could have been and Anne idea of a Tea Room in the UK to see Jackie would have been wonderful. Take care sweet friends.

Diane
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,138 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Another cold day but I would like to go to bingo tonight. I have been in the house since Sunday and going a little stir crazy. My son gave me a Withings Smart Scale because they are getting a new one to work with Fitbit. This scale is amazing, besides your weight it gives your heart rate, fat mass, BMI air quality and weather. The bad thing is that I am a pound heavier than my Wii scale. I trust the scale more than the Wii and it hooks up with MFP so will be using the new scale from now on. I will keep you posted how I like it especially if it starts going down in weight. lol

Diane, good to hear from you. Hard to feel sorry for you when your temps are in the 60's. talk about cold how about 6 degrees?? Of course you are used to hot weather so I am sure 60 is cold for you. Keep bundled up, Spring is coming soon.

Phoebe, I hope I remember to buy my lotto tickets on the way to bingo all it takes is one ticket to win. lol

Buzz, missed the whole speech, I got involved in another show and completely forgot. I hope there is good news because we really need some.

Patsy, poor Mazzy, I do hope she is okay. I hate when our furry kids get hurt but she has great parents who know how to take good care of her.

Lin, my guess is that you do a wonderful job with staying inside the lines. You don't give yourself enough credit. It is a fun night out especially in the cold nights of winter.

Marie, we are all hoping for a big win for you and now that I have new luggage I am ready to go to England. lol

I have actually cancelled all travel plans for now. I need to see if the stock market is going to rally back otherwise I think the kids will have to start visiting me instead of me them. Or they might have to start getting my room ready for when I move in with them. LOL (just kidding)

Have a great day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • 6cookys
    Options
    Good morning friends, today's word is happy. Be happy and see what your day brings to you.

My day is going to be a slow day. I am waiting for a cabinet to be delivered it's a ironing board on top and drawers under. I bought it at a craft sale in November and she's finally delivering it.This is for my sewing room.

I will be laying out a quilt and pinning it together so I can quilt it togethEr. Probably watch some tv.Also exercise. That's all.

Hope your day is a happy one.
    Chris
    PS I am sorry I didn't address every one individually.

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    <3
    Was just testing looks like my posting is showing up sometimes. i must have forgot to hit the post button