Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Anne - So sorry to hear about Cinders. Hope the 6 year old child is doing okay.
    Marie - Hope your tummy is better today.
    Today is a very busy day. I'm guessing I need to get going here. Don't want to, but need to.
    Marcella
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Anne, that is such a trauma for everyone! I've heard some negative remarks about those leashes but I didn't know why. It was an accident, and I hope they can console themselves by that. Such an adored puppy, I loved hearing about her from you. Hugs for you and Michael and MJ(?).
    Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited April 2016
    Anne - For some strange reason you have reappeared on my page again! I can now see your posts and
    was shocked to hear about Cinders. I am so sorry to hear about her death by car. It must have been
    awful for the little one too. My heart goes out to you and your son. <3

On a lighter note, our 90th party for my mother in law was a hit and it was nice to see the family again
    since Christmas time. Isaac was hit as was the birthday girl. We got a great picture of Edie and all
    the grandchildren and great grandchildren. I will post it when i get a chance.
    We ordered too much food and had to give some of away. There was so much
    cake left that we took it down to my MIL's apartment in the common room for all
    the tenents to enjoy.

Kristina and her boyfriend John are here and she is doing her taxes on the computer program with
    Dave's help.

Tonight is Yoga workshop and most of the day will be relaxing after yesterday's party.

Buzz - Sorry to hear of your daugher in law's friend having cancer. This disease has no age limit. <3

Shirley
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Thank you everyone your kindness really truly means a lot. Shirley you can probably see my posts because this iPad I am using is on the blink and between it and me being so upset I ended up having to start all over again by changing my user name slightly. That means I am at day one yet again and having to renew all food items in the calorie section. I'm having trouble getting on the sneaker page, I guess me now not being a member officially with the new name.
    Mark and Mary Jo are coming out soon to take me to the store to look at a new laptop computer, Mark being convinced this pad is more or less "shot". He's just got back from Chile (yes he survived the flood and water shortage) so I suspect he and MJ are really diverting me from sad thoughts. The eyes aren't quite so puffy now after a dab of that old standby, makeup.
    Anyway, if I'm not around for a few days, (lucky girls), it's because I'm mastering something new and not because I'm deserting.
    Lin, I so missed your cheery "good morning".
    Anne. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Everybody.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    edited April 2016
    I stopped at home for some veggies before going on to the butterfly presentation.

I am devastated to hear this horrible news Anne. I wondered why I had not heard from you this morning and little yesterday. Now I understand and my heart aches for you and all of Cinders loving family.

So sad.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Thanks Lin, and thank you everybody. We are all quite devastated. On top of that I have to go a long way round to get on the sneakers. Anne
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :'(:'(Anne, I am so sorry about Cinders
  • Jacean2016
    Thank you Barbie, I don't think I've ever been this upset before. Maybe because my other pets were old and sick and it was expected, but this little thing was so young and so full of life. Anne
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Oh my dear Anne, I am heartsick for you! Your dear sweet Cinders was so beautiful. We all care deeply about you and hate that you and your family are suffering this horrible loss. They are more important than "pets" they are loved ones, companions, confidaunts, in short, they are family. Bless you all.
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Dear ANNE, th post I just wrote, including a poem I wrote for you and Michael, has disappeared into the clouds! I'm so very very sorry about Cinders, but she will live on in your memories. Many hugs
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    Thank you PATSY and BUZZ, she WILL live on in our memories and I said to Michael, just think of the pleasure she brought us for a whole year. How lucky we are to have had the little thing brightening our dull lives. Michael is now saying he would like another dog soon which is exactly what my dad (and his grandad) would have done, but his partner is saying "never again" so I'm not sure what the future will bring. I strongly suspect the dog will win.
    As a distraction my younger son Mark and his wife Mary Jo took me over to look at desk top computers because I have a lot of trouble with this iPad which I swear is a living entity with a mind of its own! I saw one I really liked, so I am "thinking" about it. Mark was walking around with his eyes half shut from the 12 hour flight from Chile and I was walking around with MY eyes half shut and puffy so I declined dinner with them to come home and watch Midwives. And so we got through Sunday and life goes on.
    Enjoy, well TRY to enjoy a rainy Monday washday if that's on your agenda!
    Anne. ❤️
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    It's still cold in my neck of the woods as we're getting a mean blast of air from the Arctic. Our dog walk was along a quiet road and then a stroll around ruined mining buildings to keep us out of the wind but we were still showered with freezing rain. I'm home getting housework done and then, because I was so busy on my feet all day yesterday, I'm going to light the fire and relax with my usual cup of tea. I've read all your posts and also popped in to the pound a week club to discover weigh in is now Monday for most. I've not been eating too sensibly so am rather head in the sand avoiding the scales but will get back to that routine once we have a sign of some warm weather. My poor little tulips are are being tossed about in the breeze and newly developed Magnolia flowers losing petals that fly across the garden for George and the cats to chase!

Back to the housework and also charge my battery. Oh and a quick word to Anne ~ I never had major problems with desktop computers the way I seem to struggle with a laptop having a life of its own so I think you are going in the right direction. I may even go back to one myself one day soon.

Have a good ~Monday.
    Jackie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Anne, I hope Mother's Day in Canada is soon!
    ;-)
  • Jacean2016
    Hi, I'm still struggling with this program. On the home page I've been trying to reinstate old friends. If they are back I find I can't use the COMMENT to the right of the screen as I once could. I CAN use the comment on my own achievements, but only once. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong!
    Frustrated in Ontario - Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Anne you ad made Cinders a part of our lives and we will miss her terrible. So blessed sorry my Dear. and your family. <3 Marie
  • Jacean2016
    Thank you Marie. Everyone of you are the kindest of souls.
    Anne
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member
    Jacean2016 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm still struggling with this program. On the home page I've been trying to reinstate old friends. If they are back I find I can't use the COMMENT to the right of the screen as I once could. I CAN use the comment on my own achievements, but only once. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong!
    Frustrated in Ontario - Anne.

Did you get my friend request for the sneakers? Once you have that you can see the members and request them as friends once again. Make sense?
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member
    edited April 2016
    Happy Monday!! :) It was hot and I even had to put on my A/C but now a storm should be her shortly. They are talking high winds, lots of lightning etc. I hate storms but for now have shut of the air because I hate running it. The two parties were great and am attaching a picture of me and my brother and the other is of my niece's son who is now officially out of the army.
    I am tired today do to all that partying so a short post while I try to catch up on my computer.
    Enjoy the rest of your day, still feeling the heartbreak of Cinder's for Anne and her family.
    ecd9hnn5ncew.jpg
    va35vpv3ql49.jpg

This is one from the shower. My niece and her daughter, the bride, me and my niece, my brother's daughter and two of my nieces who are sisters.
    8p9ywo854xz5.jpg

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean2016
    edited April 2016
    SANDY I haven't got your friend request. It's all quite odd. I do apologize but you don't appear on my home page. I can't figure out if it's me, the iPad or the program! I've hopefully sent you a request but if you accept I doubt I'll be able to comment, and yet Lin and I are "talking".

Lovely pictures and lovely family.
    Anne
  • Jacean2016
    You are back SANDY, but I still can't use the like or comment buttons. Weird.