Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Phoebe. It is a drastic change from the way I used to eat. But I really believe this is the most healthy diet I have ever been on and it is getting easier everyday and if I can lose this weight and get healthier I can handle it.I am already healthier than i was 1 month ago.

You are such a wonderful niece to be taking such an interest in your aunt .

Sandy nice seeing you on here so early in the morning.
    Have a wonderful trip. glad to see you getting out and running around. You can be a glamour gal again. Grand kids are nice for a short visit but too tiring all the time.

Marie

I will be keeping my chart of my lost or gain here for this month of my starches solutions challenge.That is if I remember too.

My mini goal 169
    CW..................177.8 .....5/19/16

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,179 Member
    Options
    Phoebe, MasterPass is kind of like PayPal for web sites without PayPal. You enter you credit card(s) into MasterPass and when you order from a web site that accepts it, you click on MasterPass and then you do not enter your credit card number/expiration date on the merchant site. So like PayPal in that t keeps your information more secure. The Hawaiian sweet potato place does not accept PayPal and the ordering site is NOT a secure checkout which is why I signed up for MasterPass. But it remains broken.

Yes, we had a store--The Fresh Market but there was some type of corporate restructure or urchin r something and a number of stores were closed. Ours closed last week.

Wonderful Farmers Market today/tonight. Weather was next thing to perfect.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Quick post; gout may be better, but with big weather change...my leg and foot arthritis is huge today, and I cannot stay awake. Can weather this one, too,
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Phoebe - Glad the transition for your aunt went smoothly.
    Buzz - Happy to hear the gout's better, at least.

Past my bedtime. Good night, everyone.
    Marcella
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My Daily weigh in:

My mini goal 169
    CW................177.8 .....5/19/16
    CW................177.9.....5/20/16 Up a oz.
    Be back later time for my tatars, ketchup and a banana for breakfast
    marie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Just returned home from dentist appointment in city of Plymouth with temporary filling until proper work can be carried out in a few weeks, well actually more than a few weeks, more like a month and a half! At least the tooth feels more normal now! The weather has turned cool here so not much work being done in the garden and my quick bee inspection a couple of days ago found them huddled in the lower area of the hive keeping warm so they're not happy either! Battery now running low so will get plugged in somewhere and do some housework. Weighed this morning and discovered I'm now down 4 lbs from Monday so no idea what is causing such a fluctuation but at least it's the right way round at the moment!

Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Happy Friday!! :) Doing a couple of small loads of laundry, got my boarding pass and soon will start packing. I am excited and stressed at the same time, hoping I won't have to wait in a security line for two hours or more. I am leaving at 5:30 or 6:00 am, still haven't decided. I am told the lines are getting better but being a Saturday a lot of people might be traveling.
    I hope to check in everyday if nothing more than to just say hi. I won't be able to do the pound of week so just put in your losses or ugg, gains like I did this week. I am looking forward to this vacation and can't wait to see my baby son.

Jackie, if you hate dentists as much as I do, I am sorry about your tooth. What is up with your weather, Mother Nature better get on the ball soon. Congratulations on the loss, do you want it posted??

Marie, great job in getting your weight down, you seem so happy. Yes, it is nice that I can go where I want on my schedule now instead of Robby's. But I do miss his sweet face.

Marcella, hope you got a good night's sleep.

Buzz, if it isn't one thing it is another, take care of yourself young lady.

Lin, Master Pass sounds like a more secure system for saving credit cards numbers, than Google which is what I use.

Phoebe, glad your blood work was good and I know you will make the necessary changes to your diet. I hope all goes well with your aunt and she adjusts to the rehab. Did you get any results for Honey?

Patsy, you make me laugh with you antics with Katie. Everyday you give her a new nickname. Lol I think your MOJO is doing fine chasing Katie, wear a pedometer and see how many steps she is putting in your life.

My driver just texted me and asked what time so I told him 5:30 and hope that is enough time.
    Please say a little prayer I don't miss my flight.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Sandy ~ Don't worry about posting my weight loss thanks because it's fluctuating so much I think I'm now back where I started and will post from next week. My dentist is a charming young man who has never hurt me in the years I've gone to him so really don't mind visiting. My paternal grandad was a dentist from the 40's through to late 60's and had one of those awful drills that was operated with a foot pedal.... now that was a visit I DID hate!! The security checks at airports are frustrating but better that than worrying about terrorists but hopefully your wait won't be too long. Perhaps at that time of the morning there won't be a lot of traffic about, especially being a Saturday. Have a safe journey and wonderful time when you do get there. <3

Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    SANDY, have a super trip, in every way! You've more than earned it...JACKIE, MARCELLA, MARIE and LIN, sending big hugs to you all. I'm really admiring the stitches my dermatologist made on my arm yesterday, when he removed that squamous cell thing. I am trying to eat carefully, now, so ate fish twice this week. And no desserts! Oh dear,I just drifted off, so I guess ''your dear Momma' is "losing it! I'll bid you all a goodnight.
    <3 buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    You know Buzz I am doing that more and more. drifting off to keep when I l least. expect it ..

Good morning Sneaker........?. Sandy good luck n your timing of you trip hope you don. Have to weight too long in the line

My plan today is to make sone bean burgers. And cook some Spanish boiled cabbage. Still looking for a fat free oil salad dressing That
    Have a great day

I like.
    Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Happy Saturday! I made it through security in 15 minutes. I had breakfast and still have an hour before boarding. Enjoy your week, I know I will enjoy mine.

Sandy
    One Day at s Time
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Looks like Sandy is out at the airport . Have a great trip/
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Sandy - Wow! through security in 15 minutes? That's great. I saw a news story this past week on the lines waiting to get through security here at the Atlanta International airport and it was beyond awful. I'm glad all of our trips involve driving right now! Have a safe and fun trip!
    Marcella
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I missed yesterday on here we had a funeral to go to across the Bridge or as we call it "across the river"
    because that is what separates us from the U.S. We didn't stay for the luncheon Dave wanted to check out two stores for a part of the boat. Our little sink on the boat has two small sinks and one of the
    lines cracked. I still can use the other sink so I wasn't concerned. Dave sent away for the part so it should be here by next week. The Traveller which hoists the boats into the water had a broken belt so
    we had to wait for that part anyway so NO boats were getting into the water.

The weather here yesterday was glorious, shorts weather, and after the funeral we went to the nursery
    and got all our plants in yesterday so we were busy. On our way to the funeral Kathy called and wanted to Skype with us and Isaac and unfortunately we were heading for the funeral. One more week and I will see him again.

Today we have been cleaning windows and I have been scrubbing screens so that job is all done for a while. Its cloudy and they are calling for rain but we did manage to get all the windows done so the rain can come if it wants. We are having my mother in law down tonight for dinner and I will be making
    steak, sweet potatoes, and salad and maybe some Gelato for dessert.

My Fitbit bands finally came in from China. All different colors to change with my outfits, I might as well look stylish while exercising. LOL

LIN - The Aloe Vera is a liquid and does have a bitter taste so I use flavored coconut water right now. It heals the inside just like the plant heals the outside like cuts and burns. I am so glad you
    are liking your Tai Chai I heard its great exercise. My wildflowers are peeking up now with the
    butterfly bushes. We are watering everyday now.

BUZZ- Happy to hear the gout is getting better but the arthritis is acting up, I hear ya, mine is too.

PHOEBE - Keep us informed how your aunt is doing and drive safe until you get home.
    Yes.. we all need more fiber in our diets to keep us healthy.

PATSY - I have to laugh every time I hear your stories about Katie. She is so precious.

SANDY - I saw your post on Facebook that you have arrived and your weather is phenomenal.

Hi to Marie, Marcella, Jackie!!

Shirley

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    This may be wrong, but Jim thinks he saw on the news that Saskatchewan Canada is being evacuated. The wildfires are 0% contained! So sad. Prayers for Gayla and her family.
    We are on the road. Spoke with my aunt, after two nights, she's ready to get out of there! Bless her heart. She's getting physical therapy and that's what she needs.
    Hope Anne is alright.
    Bye. Phoebe
  • linder4866
    Options
    This may be wrong, but Jim thinks he saw on the news that Saskatchewan Canada is being evacuated. The wildfires are 0% contained! So sad. Prayers for Gayla and her family.
    We are on the road. Spoke with my aunt, after two nights, she's ready to get out of there! Bless her heart. She's getting physical therapy and that's what she needs.
    Hope Anne is alright.
    Bye. Phoebe

Yes, I read the fire has spread into Saskatchewan but so far only 3 miles in and quite a distance from the nearest populated area, La Loche.

• linder4866
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have spent most of the day getting my SUV going again. Wouldn't start this morning. One of those hot charge dealies you connect through the cigarette lighter didn't help. My Stanley Fat Max wouldn't start it immediately either. Got the charger out, connected it, and ultimately did get it started. Found a replacement battery, drove there and had it installed (by a weekend guy who hasn't been doing it long and wasn't too handy). Finally all done.

Meanwhile I may have a stress fracture or something similar in my right foot. Can barely walk. Wahoo. Life--never know what's next. A couple of weeks ago I had pain so bad in the ribs on my right side I could barely breathe. Thankfully that is better now. I hope I can think of something that will help put this right. Compression isn't working. Elevation isn't helping. Arnica isn't helping. Guess I will try cold compress for a while. Oh and stretches aren't helping either.

Enough whining.

Glad Sandy has arrived safely.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody and I'm sorry about your poor right foot LIN. We are all in the wars it would seem. My eldest took me out for lunch yesterday as a change from running after the exhausting Jilly Beans. Well, wouldn't you guess the fish I ate must have been off because for the first time ever I think I've had a bout of food poisoning. Pretty ill overnight! Back to home cooking for me! Apart from that I appear to have lost some weight from all the running around after one very lively pup. Mary Jo and Mark have just been over with puppy treats, plus a pee pod for the garden (it has a smell apparently which makes the pup want to go, and it appears to work because she rewarded them with two pees) and plus a long thin squeaky squirrel to try and steer her away from my poor socks. One more nipped toe and I'll be joining you Lin!
    The good news, this small girl has improved my life enormously. A terror during her mad half hours but such a sweetie when in her quiet times like now!
    Lovely to read that you BUZZ are improving with the gout problem. I've heard cherries are good for gout.
    Well, I didn't sleep at all last night with my stomach problem so it's an early night for me, I can hardly keep awake as I type this and hope I stay awake during Father Brown and Vera!
    God bless everybody, Anne.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Lin, sorry about your foot, hope it isn't a fracture. Then again, some things might be worse. My cousin has torn the Achilles tendon and he's in a boot. Glad you had a charger and the knowledge to use it.
    I wonder how an area like Saskatchewan can get gobs of snow so so deep and now, not the same in spring rain?
    Anne, hope you are doing better now. So much for your me time! Jilly says it was your without ME time and she didn't like it. Yes, I enjoy Vera and Father Brown.
    Back to my nap
    Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    i got a message off to Gayla about the fires.......Anne hope you are better now...... Lin You take care of your self