Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Oooooooh Jackie! The photo of you and dear little George is a Christmas card portrait! Thank you for sharing this warm and "fuzzy" moment. Dare I say it...you both are picturesque and darned cute! My personal advice is to print up a batch to enclose in your Christmas cards.
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to where several of my posts disappeared. But then, it's late. My back-up Carbonite seems to have stopped working, and my emails are not always "sending" so I hope I haven't gotten into trouble somehow. I reinstalled backup, and my fingers are crossed. Thank goodness my cleaning gal came today and discovered an A/C leak that has been going on about a week. Some baseboards need replacement from the damage!
    SANDY, I'm on the fence, but think you have indeed come a long way! You don't need instability in your life at this point!
    JACKIE, amazing how much you and George resemble each other! I love it!
    PHOEBE, now I will wonder if those strawberries I buy were from your delivery!
    Eyelids won't stay open, so I'm off to sleep.
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Plenty of rain last night has left everything looking and feeling fresh. George and I took a shorter route around the moors since were on our own. Scruff has pulled muscles in her shoulders so is taking a couple of days to rest up. Now here's a funny coincidence..... I've a hair appointment this afternoon so might just lose some of the mop on my head but not sure George will be welcome in the busy salon!! I'm in the middle of housework but should find time to trim his fringe before I go out LOL
    When the rain started yesterday evening I placed a folding trug on its side on a bench so it wouldn't fill with rain water and was amused to see my little cat Hebe using it as a shelter just yards from a catflap entrance into the cottage!! The blur is rain on the window!
    3r27qyklvziq.jpg

Back to the vacuum cleaner which reminds me, when some of you mentioned a Shark in the past I didn't know the brand but suddenly they are being advertised everywhere here too so when my Hoover packs up I'll give it a go as it certainly looks easy to use.

Have a good Friday everyone.
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes PATSY our little babies are growing up! I'm good during the day but first thing in the morning a total disaster! I just can't get the harness and the leash on, plus totter down the stairs to the back door in time for someone whose bowels aren't quite fully formed yet. However, and it's a big HOWEVER, she finally understands what the pee pad at the back door is for. At least early morning disasters in the house are eliminated. We WILL get there PATSY, "onward Christian soldiers" etc. Just hope I'm still around in 2 years, lol. We weighed her on the kitchen scale because Jilly's obviously grown and she's very roughly 3 lb and slightly older than Katie. Final shots and weigh in, in 3 weeks.
    Grocery day for me and a little alone time for Jilly. It's going to be sizzling hot today at 30C.
    ❤️ from me and wet xxx from Jilly,
    Anne, bravely soldiering on!
    Wow, posted and suddenly all these "new" posts appeared ahead of me. Hebe is so pretty JACKIE.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,168 Member
    Options
    Barbie, I just read the post on the newsfeed. I am so sorry to hear of the loss in your family. Please tell Jake we are thinking of him. Prayers for your family and long-distance hugs.

Lin :'(
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Jackie - Love the picture. Lucky for you, your dog is really cute. The two of you make for a great picture. And for the record, your kitty is pretty cool looking too.

Phoebe - Welcome back to Georgia. I’m loving all the fresh produce right now. Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and grapes are getting eaten in our household right now about as fast as I can purchase, wash and put them out for the family to eat!

Lin - Hope your week and teeth are doing much better.

Buzz - Thank goodness your leak was found before even more damage was done!

Patsy and Anne - Love your puppy updates.

Today, I’m trying to get everything done that I haven’t gotten done this week so that we can enjoy a few days in our camper. The pool at the camping resort opens this weekend. It will be nice to catch up with our summer neighbors and just enjoy some down time. Fortunately, one of my sons can keep our garden watered for me while we’re away.
    Marcella
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) No weigh in today, it will wait until next Friday! Another beautiful day, loving this weather. Will spend a couple of hours at the pool before relaxing and going out to dinner tonight. They want sushi, so even though I don't really like it I am hoping I can find something. Tomorrow I am taking them to a great restaurant called Durant's. No not related,there is no E in their name. The week has gone fast but I do feel the rest was just what I needed. June will be a very busy month. Lisa sent me a picture of the ultrasound. Never know what I am looking at, but she said heartbeat is good.

Really sorry to read about Jake's daughter, how very sad. Breast cancer doesn't care about age, but losing a daughter has to be more than heartbreaking. We are not supposed to live longer than our children. My deepest sympathy to Jake, Barbie and their family, praying for all of you.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    JAKE and BARBIE, so sorry about your tragic loss. I'm sure we all wish there were some way to make it easier for you, but you know we are all here in any way we can help.
    <3 Buzz
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Barbie and Jake, so very sorry to hear about your loss. Cancer is a mean disease. Take extra care of yourselves these days. Thinking of you.
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Jake so sorry to hear about your sister
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Jake so sorry to hear about your sister

I am sorry to correct you Marie, but it is his daughter.
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Jake and Barbie, sad news today and I am so very sorry. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    how did I get so mix up??????????? I was just not paying attention,
    Sorry Jake and Barbie. o:) I was just thinking this morning to be 85 years old and still have all of my kids.
    A terrible tragically for you both. A big hugs to the both of you. i never did see the post about it from Barbie.

Marie
  • pinkperil
    Options
    So very sorry Barbie.... thinking of you both. <3

Jackie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    2131596huvrogyuwz.gif[/url]

Barbie & Jake Sorry for your loss

I didn't check in yesterday so I had 28 posts to read, I did read some of them but yesterday was a busy day of getting the boat ready on the inside. That is done and we have a our club party tonight so we will stay overnight on the boat and it will be 87F today and we do have an A/C unit on the boat so we should be comfortable.

Today is packing for the next few days. We will be seeing Isaac on Sunday and staying overnight.
    Monday my two daughters and I are going on the Marilyn Denis Show in Toronto, this a talk show,and we have to be there at 9am sharp, I hope we get some prizes that they usually give out to the audience.
    We will get out of there around 11 :30 and then go for lunch. After that Dave and I are heading up the cottage to open it up, clean it and get ready for his mom so we can bring her up for a week in June.
    A busy next few days.

Jackie - Love the picture and I do see a resemblance.
    Sandy - Just want to say be careful with your plans about Babe. It was a matter of time about his son
    hitting rock bottom. I know you will do the right thing for you.
    Anne & Patsy- Keep those puppy stories coming.
    Marie - Good luck with the no oil fryer.
    Buzz - So glad you have some pain relief from the cherries. I started taking Omega 3 liquid instead
    of pills and I see a difference in my arthritis.
    Lin- You are getting very active with new and exciting things. Way to go!
    Marcella - Nice to have hubby home for a while.

Gotta go the shower awaits.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    Options
    Change of subject. I was sitting outside TJ's waiting for it to open and started to read a Nancy Atherton book. The location is the Cotswolds, described as a rural region in England's West Midlands. Anyway, this is mentioned and I have no idea what it means. Can anyone help or should I start Googling?

"Although Bill and I wereAmericans, as were our children, we'd lived in England long enough--and watched enough country cricket--to know the difference between a googly and a yorker."

Thanks. Back to vegetable washing. :D

Lin
  • pinkperil
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lin ~ Good luck if there's a lot written about the game of cricket because it's full of strange terms but a googly is when the bowler (who throws the ball at the batsman of the other team at the far end) is able to spin the ball so that when it hits the ground it suddenly turns towards either the batter or stumps and a yorker is thrown right at the feet of the batsman and then jumps up to hit him on the leg so he's bowled out due to "leg before wicket"..... better stop right here otherwise you'll also be stumped!!! LOL

A lovely day here so I'm pottering in the garden sorting out annuals, hanging baskets and the rest! George being a Lhasa apso is doing his Tibetan monks' warning because in the very far distance thunder is rumbling so he has to let me know! Actually came to computer to search if I can split an Astilbe plant so must do my own googling!

Back later
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Jackie, thank you. Excellent explanation --I am sending my thanks. I wish I had an answer for you. I do know that decades ago I had a friend who had lots and lots of interesting plants. She would never hesitate to try to split something. Perhaps in part due to the profusion and over abundance of the plants on her acreage. She had such an interesting place. Full sun, part shade, woods, level areas, slopes. Just every type of place to try most all plants!!
  • linder4866
    Options
    Just Googled, Split before they bloom or wait until after they've finished blooming for the season.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    <3 Thank you all for your kind words. Jake is doing well. He says that he began mourning his daughter when he visited her in September and they spent the week doing all sorts of fun things together and saying all the things they needed to say. He has talked to her on the phone once or twice a week since then. Yesterday he was on the phone on and off talking to his granddaughter, son in law, and his other two children. Later he got calls from both his brothers and his favorite cousin.

:) Barbie