Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Jilly looks like a charmer...I'll bet she knows how to tug at your heartstrings. Miss Catherine, the Great, is more like a little happy gangster.
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    delraybuzz wrote: »
    I keep losing this posts, but I'll try once more, even shorter! Mike is in the hospital where I brought him to the ER after 3 doctors visits this morning. Zillions of tests, pictures, etc, and his heart is like a 60 year old. But he looks like he has pneumonia! Except no cough, no fever.... oh, he was a jeweler??? Worked with asbestos? We'll do more tests today, and you go home because there are more tests in the morning! He might have pulmonary fibrosis! So I'm falling into bed now so I can get there early tomorrow to see what's happening! In one way, we were both relieved, but now, a new worry! Loved all your posts, and ANNE had me in stitches, and the post is fading again! DARN!
    <3 Buzz

How are things going today Buzz? I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time. And I hope they know what Mike's diagnosis is by now. And that they are formulating a treatment plan. Hugs and more hugs.

Marie, how are things going at your home? I sure hope there have been no further scares with your DH. Has Alice stopped by at all? Just wondered if he might listen to her more than you since she doesn't live there. Anyway, I trust he is doing okay now.

Jackie, you always have busy days. Very interesting days as well I might add. How long before this monumental vote will be taken? I've lost track with the focus shifted over to the recent murder of the MP.

Anne, you have quite the character there. And she looks so innocent in the photo. Little darling Jaws Jilly. Ha. In the future, suspect her first in all malfunctions. Yes?

Shirley, I like the description of your vacation. So glad you found a yoga class.

Linda, busy days for you. Gosh, it seems you have a packed work schedule.

Phoebe, how are you and Honey doing today? I just read "Books of A Feather" by Kate Carlisle. Loved it. Do you read that series?

Sandy, lots of uncertainty regarding your trip. That is too bad and I am sorry for the illness that is causing it. Is she feeling any better yet? I would imagine she will be tired for a while after this. I saw my CSA guy who had pneumonia and spent time in the hospital. He still looks wiped out and sat on a chair while we talked the other evening. This guy NEVER sits down. He admitted he really wasn't back to 100%. The illness was viral I guess.

Patsy, I love the relaxed Katie in the photo you posted. Give her a tummy rub from me please.

Oh, yes, the check engine light is off. I sat in my car at the dealership in the hot sun for a long time as I waited to check in for my appointment. They were just swamped!!!! I watched for a while and things were progressing quite slowly. I believe they are processing recalls for airbags. Just guessing but most people were waving around a sheet of paper. Anyway, ultimately the service rep did a manual reset of the computer to eliminate the code, had someone drive it and since the light didn't come back on they sent me on my way. The car was never taken to the service area, diagnostics weren't run etc. Will just have to see what happens next.

I did a Trader Joe's trip early this morning, stopped for gas, then home for laundry, veggie cleaning and chopping and made a pot of soup.

Church tomorrow with special peogram for Father's Day

Hugs. Wishing everyone well. I worry about everyone!!

Lin
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Lin, yes! Anne will suspect the whatever has been Jillied!!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    HELP, Reply keeps disappearing, Under Armor, website pops up, MFP changes pages, oh dear! Quick reprisal in case it happens a 4th time! Mike was admitted as an inpatient today; more tests coming. Re-examination of his aortic valve, congested lungs, damaged kidneys, and you name it! He will remain in the hospital at least 2 or 3 more days with many more tests, and who knows where it will lead? I'm both encouraged and discouraged. So sorry he's spending Father's Day in a hospital bed, mostly with his phone fallen off the hook so no one can reach him! Of course I'll let you know what happens once they decide what's happening!
    I gulp down your posts and wish I could keep awake long enough to answer everything! My brain is not functioning enough! Is anyone else having problems with the REPLY box or webpage?
    <3 Buzz
    Options
    Yes, Buzz, I had some problems, seem to be better for now.
    Get some rest, someone else is watching over Mike, not as good as you, but that's to be expected. Night
    Phoebe
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    A cool and miserable day here with lots of rain. Our morning walk took a wayward turn in thick fog after we stopped to chat to a man with a stunning rescued greyhound that was suffering with arthritis because of his early days being used for racing. Such a gentle boy and obviously delighted to have been rescued!! Anyway we turned away and kept walking until we realised we didn't recognise the terrain through the fog because we'd been chatting and not concentrating. A lot of peering through the murk helped us see a couple of lumps and bumps we recognised and headed back to the car park, soaked but still cheerful. On the way home I detoured into town to pick up another click and collect item, this time a waterproof jacket that has a definite retro look of 60's pvc.... not sure that fashion ever reached the USA but Anne will remember!!

Buzz ~ Sleep is the best medicine for you at the moment so grab what you can. Sounds like Mike will get a thorough check while he's in and fingers crossed, nothing too untoward will be discovered but know that doesn't take the worry away for you. I'm often struggling to get MFP to work properly but assumed it was me. Last night I was trying to purchase something on ebay with paypal when a box kept popping up telling me there was something wrong with my card details so to please enter the information again in that paypal box. Well I didn't as I'm sure it was some sort of scam or phiz (whatever name they call it these days!! I'll go back to it later today when I have more patience!

Lin ~ Thank goodness our referendum vote is held this coming Thursday because I'm sure the majority of us knew what we wanted from the day we were told this would happen but our media has been banging on since January until we're all sick of the subject!! A tragic turn of events in West Yorkshire and another case of someone with mental health issues slipping through the net as I'm sure is true of all these killings we seem to be forever hearing about. A sad, sad world! That's good news your flashing light has gone although if you're like me it takes ages to trust the car or faulty light not to play up again.

Anne ~ I'm thinking that's not such an innocent looking face but more one that says I thoroughly enjoyed my game with the cable so I'm going to find more.... watch out!!

Phoebe ~ On your way home yet?

Sandy ~ Still awaiting news about your trip I expect. I do hope you get away although probably not a good idea to rush off if Bryanna is still in pain just in case it flares up.

Linda ~ That's quite a work schedule you have so no wonder things at home get left! I love swimming and it certainly helps the aches and pains in joints.

Shirley ~ Take a fly swat on your walks LOL I'm jealous of you being by the lake although our local small reservoir isn't a bad alternative!

Patsy ~ Who'd have imagined Miss Katie would turn into a gangster.... well you and John probably!!

Time for my lunch and then because it's pouring outside, I'm going to curl up on the sofa and watch some tennis.

Jackie

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    delraybuzz wrote: »
    HELP, Reply keeps disappearing, Under Armor, website pops up, MFP changes pages, oh dear! Quick reprisal in case it happens a 4th time! Mike was admitted as an inpatient today; more tests coming. Re-examination of his aortic valve, congested lungs, damaged kidneys, and you name it! He will remain in the hospital at least 2 or 3 more days with many more tests, and who knows where it will lead? I'm both encouraged and discouraged. So sorry he's spending Father's Day in a hospital bed, mostly with his phone fallen off the hook so no one can reach him! Of course I'll let you know what happens once they decide what's happening!
    I gulp down your posts and wish I could keep awake long enough to answer everything! My brain is not functioning enough! Is anyone else having problems with the REPLY box or webpage?
    <3 Buzz

Dear Buzz, please try to get as much rest as you can. The hospital personnel may not be as attentive as you would be but he is getting care and hopefully some treatment to help him improve. We will look forward to hearing from you when you are able to post. Wish I lived closer. I an expert at sitting in hospitals. Hugs, hugs, hugs.

Jackie, tennis? I have lost track. What tournament is going on now? We just seem to hear golf news and professional basketball finals (Game 7). Glad you didn't stay lost in the fog!!

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Everything just vanished on me, but I guess you gals can live without all the stuff I wrote. Must say though, my thoughts are with you BUZZ during this trying time.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Happy Fathers Day! :) I don't have much time as I am going to Mass this morning. Just wanted to check in and tell Buzz, I will be praying for both Mike and her.
    Bryanna still hasn't passed the stones, will also be praying for that.
    Will be back later.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean2016
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Later: we got soaked, and I mean SOAKED to the skin when Jilly's leash twisted in the hose whilst watering the flowers. Jilly was dried with a towel and I used the hair dryer and changed clothes. After that I needed comfort food so buttered a Jacobs cream cracker and dropped the butter dish upside down on the tiles. Actually that was very fortunate, upside down, seeing it was brimming with butter and Jaws hanging around. It looks as though this week is going out with a bang!
    Anne.
    Note from Jilly. Today's highlight I spotted a kitty and nearly pulled Anne's arm out of its socket because I was unfortunately on my leash. Fortunate for the kitty. Not bad seeing I only weigh 2 kg!! I wonder why Anne is saying it's turning into one of those days as she chomps on a dry cracker? Must go, there might be some crumbs! Jilly Jaws.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    The rain continues!! Lin The tennis was Queens in west London which is the tournament on grass a week before Wimbledon so players can get used to the surface. Andy Murrey just beat Canadian Milos Raonic in a very exciting match although you can see from the photo taken of George halfway through the game he wasn't too impressed!!
    kb0criyiz941.jpg

Got himself into a Katie the gangster pose!
    Goodness Anne you do have your hands full with little monster Jilly but I bet you're loving every minute, well almost!!

Horror of horrors, I'm out of teabags and the farm shop closed an hour ago as it's Sunday trading so will have to do with Redbush decaf which isn't the same somehow. Then it's a question of pasta and salad or a lamb and mint burger with Jersey new potatoes and sweetcorn??

Jackie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Afternoon,

We just got back from fishing and caught 3 fish, 2 Dave, Shirley l, but couldn't keep them due to they were too big for the slot size. Darn!!

Yesterday I tried out a new sun screen, all natural, I guess you have to use it a little at a time, because I got burnt out in the boat.

Another hot day, but no walk this morning due to bugs, JACKIE, yesterday I did take two branches with me and swatted most of the way. I do a 40 min walk around the lake, I was tired from swatting. This time of year too many bugs. Next month should be better. I see George is copying Katie's posture.

We are invited out to a friend's house, 4 month old baby, for Father's Day dinner. We are leaving tomorrow some time and our vear off to see Isaac of course before heading home.

Buzz - I hope Mike's tests go well and no surprises. My thoughts are with you today....
    I always have issues with MFP everyday now, don't you just love Under Amour take over.
    Get some sleep and hugs for you on this trying time.

Anne - love Jilly's picture, how can you not love that face.

Sandy - Keep us posted on the vacation.

Hi Phoebe, Lin and anyone I missed.

Shirley
    Options
    Happy Father's Day to Sneakers Affiliated Dads!
    Home for two or three days. Slept most of this day.
    Shirley, your time at the cabin sounds like fun. R & R !!
    Sandy, hope Bryanna is not in much pain. Hate for you two to change your plans. Seeing the pic on FB , I want to ask why the landlady has left the hummingbird feeder up? She must be very picky.
    Buzz, hugs to you and Mike. I know weekends are usually slow in hospitals.
    Hi Anne and Jackie. George is gorgeous, I love his little legs.
    Lin, enjoying your book recommendations. I can get most of them thru audible . My library doesn't offer a huge selection of audio downloads. Hope your car is alright now.
    Night all. Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    1 test today, but I arrived later and he couldn't remember what it was. Tomorrow , a scheduled stress test. though they seem to think it's stenosis of the aortic valve that is causing the lung and other problems, so perhaps by tomorrow I'll learn something. Meanwhile, he's comfortable, I'm fairly peaceful, and I had a lovely chat with 2 of my grandchildren (grandadults?) today. The Father's Day buffet was lovely, the pancakes were whole grain and delicious, and the "boss" in culinary gave me some spicy oven fried chicken to take to the hospital. Another resident brought me a huge box of beautiful blueberries from Costco, and the heavy rainfall during my drive to the hospital actually turned into a sunny late afternoon and now I'm trying to figure out how to turn an email copy of Ken Follett's Winter of the World (book two of his latest Trilogy. Did anyone else love Pillars of the Earth as much as I did?) into a download on my Kindle! The 1st book was about the societal changes during and after WW1 while this book starts in 1933. You British gals might find yourselves immersed in the evolution of British changes, since that's where the story centers.
    SANDY, rather than wait to pass stones, I had mine blasted by my urologist some years ago, and I was told it was less painful. Bryanna will learn what hers were made of afterwards, and may find different types of foods might prevent future stones. I never could give up my spinach! Thank you all for your warm and intelligent advice, which I'm about to take since I barely slept last night! Yawn.....
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Pouring rain this morning so we walked in the woods under a canopy of leaves which was lovely but George no longer looks the white pristine dog he was yesterday having picked up wet muck and mud on his under-carriage! This morning my bank phoned to check if something untoward had been going on with my credit card after my experiences with paypal on Saturday night and yesterday so we had to go through a long list of security questions with me running up and down stairs because the file is in the spare room!! Got there in the end and because I didn't type bank details into the pop up box no one has compromised my card.

I'm now off to do some shopping and then hopefully, as it's drying up now, I'll get on with the never ending job of tidying my garden!

Buzz ~ Now it's the start of a new week hopefully Mike can get more tests done so you'll know for sure what's going on. I'm just so pleased everyone is being kind and feeding you both!!
    I've heard of Pillars of the Earth and wonder if there's a tv series out there but will certainly check the books out because I'm always happiest reading rather than viewing.

Phoebe ~ Welcome home.... Zzzzzzzzzz!!! More awake today hopefully. :o

Shirley ~ Keep swatting those flies!!

Good morning to everyone else.... have a good Monday.
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Well, we've had our walkies and we've watered the "grounds" of our stately home, ha ha. No hose pipe mishaps and It's going to be a hot 34 deg today. No kitty's in our path but lots of bunnies out nibbling. So far a lovely peaceful day and you are right JACKIE, holy terror our Jilly Jaws might be but I love her dearly and though she causes me a few shocks, she's good for a laugh at the end of the day. I'll miss this exuberant happy little puppy if and when she becomes a sedate behaved senior. I think she might be like Scruff in nature and yes, her tail does curl upwards onto her back.
    I've read Pillars of the Earth so will look out for Ken Follets new book BUZZ, and especially as I was born in 1935. Hope all goes well today for you and your love. People mostly are so kind and I'm glad you are receiving the kindness.
    SANDY my Michael has had two operations to remove kidney stones. The last about 3 years ago. He's very careful with diet, but the surgeon said his system is tuned into them and there's not much he can do to prevent them forming. I hope this isn't the case with Bryanna, and merely a diet thing she can control. They are extremely painful.
    PHOEBES home and otherwise all seems well with the world today. Mark, my youngest, will have arrived in London, U.K. for his business trip.
    Must tidy up this disaster zone called home, and to think, in another life, I was dubbed house proud!
    Bye, Anne, (looking a little less haggard). Licks from Jilly.

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :) Well, Bryanna said she wants to go to Florida even if she doesn't pass the stones. She is calling the doctor today so I hope they let her come right in so they can evaluate the situation. I am washing clothes and getting organized to pack but still will be prepared to cancel if necessary. Bryanna and I are going to have lunch with Robby and Lisa so we can see him before our trip. (unless she has to go to doctor) Tomorrow I would like to go for a no chip manicure and pack, the driver is coming at 4:45AM so would like to get to bed early.

Anne, your little Jilly certainly keeps you moving, what a great way to get exercise. I am praying Bryanna doesn't need surgery to remove her stones but so far no luck with the passing. Will see what the doctor suggests once she sees him.

Jackie, glad to hear your banking wasn't compromised. The other day I got a screen that said my accounts were compromised and that I should call Microsoft immediately. I knew it was a scam and sent a screen shot to my son who told me to reboot my computer even though the warning said not too. After rebooting I did change my banking password and ran my spyware and antivirus. All is good. Love the picture of George, he is just darling.

Buzz, I am glad Mike is in the hospital getting all these tests, hopefully you will get answers and understand what is going on with Mike. I know how hard this must be for you, but hang in there. Hopefully, you will be able to celebrate your birthday on Friday with Mike at your side. Love you Buzz!!

Phoebe, the hook with the feeder was there so she had no qualms about that. I am sure she is over it by now, she just likes to be in charge of everything and everyone The price of renting from a private owner. She is great in taking care of everything and doesn't let me spend a dime out of my pocket for any type of problem with the unit, so I really can't complain.
    Let's see what happens when my lease is up in September, if she raises the rent or not.

Shirley, sounds like you had a great time at the cottage but I bet you can't wait to get your hands on Issac. I feel the same since I am not seeing Robby as often as I did.

Have a wonderful day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

Options
    Love to read the posts here. I'm going to get my physical even though I don't feel like it. Hopefully we can stay home tomorrow and leave Wednesday. It will be one trip before a week -10 days off.
    Jackie, George probably doesn't mind the mud, and he probably wishes you would get muddy with him, save all that bathing for the cats! I hate to even talk to account representative if they call me. If I call them, I feel better. One called today, I dealt with it but must check everything to be assured .
    Sandy, it's hard to know what to do. I guess you could see a doctor in Florida if Bryanna gets worse. I'm a wimp, I'd say zap them or keep me medicated for a long time. Overall, I think you're lucky to have found your apartment and I hope you can stay there.
    Anne, with Jilly, who can resist loving her? What a little spark of life she is. I've seen friends with tiny dogs being carried in what looks to be a handbag. It think it Is a handbag and pet carrier too. Might be fun on one of the bus trips you've mentioned.
    Buzz, I'm sure more tests for Mike today, but it's good that he is being thoroughly examined.
    I'm not sure if my aunt is as far along as Mike, or if she is even farther. She's not accepting the fact that she can't go home/live alone. Friends tell us this is normal and will continue. Meanwhile, please be careful and get home before dark.
    Marie??

Phoebe
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Yes, I've got a real snazzy black and pink pet carrier PHOEBE, except it's not so snazzy since "she who likes to chew things" dragged it around the house and chomped on it. She puts her toys in it most of the time. Can't resist sending you a photo of what "she who likes to chew things" found today. It's almost as big as her. Hope our little Honey is doing well. Anne
    avt6aqa06shj.jpeg
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    We are recovering from a weekend with our son and his two dogs. Katie was in 7th heaven when they came. The house is covered with dog hair, milk bone crumbs, leaves and sticks, dog toys and the usual dirty towel, sheets etc. time to get to work! Unlike Anne, I was never called house poor. I was/am always in need of a good full time house cleaner. (Me?) Labradoodles have an interesting thing that I was not aware of...they loose their puppy hair at around 4 months old. It comes out in clumps. I thought I had been feeding her something bad or she had some allergy. It tuns out that this is normal for labradoodles. Who knew? But there is lovely hair growing underneath to replace the puppy hair. We are gentlely brushing her. She loves her beauty treatment except for cutting those sharp fishhook toenails.

Warm sunny weather here now. We had a lovely visit with our son. He is so excited about his sailboat. It is going to be a process to get it from Tacoma to Portland. They will motor the whole way and across the bar. It will take 3-5 days depending on the weather. As Shirley will attest, owning a boat is a true labor of love.

Buzz: we are all sending our positive thoughts and hopes for you and Mike. I know it is an agony waiting to hear about a diagnosis. We also know you are strong and able to handle this but we know it must take a toll on your energy. Standing by, praying for you and dear Mike.

Sandy: it seems unfair that a beautiful young girl should have liver stones. Wow, I have heard that it is a horribly painful condition. Our love and best wishes for her. I hope the trip happens because it sounds like a great opportunity for a special time with your granddaughter.

Anne: these puppies are at an age where they love adventure and are delightfully mischievous. I see that laughing grin on their faces with tail up in air, ready for play. I love it but it simply drives me crazy at times. I go from one disaster to the next until I am ready crumble into a puddle.

Patsy