Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Busy trip, so grateful for a rest period before we have to scoot again.
    Sorry to have mislead anyone, I've not seen the information on weight loss surgery yet. Jim will likely refuse all of it.
    Have loved all of the posts, videos, and photos. It makes my days!!
    Lin, feel better soon <3
    Be safe everyone
    Phoebe
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,364 Member
    Hi! I'm home, no worse for the wear. I am glad I prepared. Doing the guest book and taking gifts etc. was easy. Sitting outdoors in the sun for a long time wasn't as pleasant so glad I had a sun hat and a bottle of water. It took forever for them to serve the dinner so was also glad I had my own nibbles. Didn't get sick while I was there so I am a happy person.

Church tomorrow so had better think of getting ready for bed.

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous family Jeri!!

Hugs.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    edited August 2016
    Two of my favorite pictures from Robby's party!

760v16vzrdyx.jpeg

ao20wc7ar3il.jpeg

He didn't think anyone saw him eating the cake!
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited August 2016
    Beautiful bunch, Jeri, and beautiful, or should I say handsome Robby, Sandy.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Sandy, still giggling over those photos. Super hero in one picture and really, biting into that cake is just so perfectly cute!!!! :D
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Oh Sandy! That Robby is just too adorable for words! I can understand why you must see this little guy at least once a week. I do believe you and this beautiful little boy have bonded in a special way. I know you will always have a SUPER relationship with this little superman.

Jeri: I had a wonderful warm feeling seeing that beautiful family, surrounded by the new baby. I can understand your being proud of them. They are a handsome and healthy family. You are lucky! I would love to have lots of grandchildren. There really is nothing better in this world that I know of!

We have a moderating cloud cover and showers for a few days. Whew! That intense heat killed my few flowers. I watered but the heat just cooked them. Well, next year we will try our flower growing again. Everything has a season. This has been the season of Katie. I do not have the strength to weed, water, plant and care for a lot of flowers and deal with an active puppy.

Speaking of Katie, I google query just about everything these days. Most recently about how to teach a puppy to go up and down stairs. I also found out that once geraniums have been "cooked" by intense heat and strong sun they have slim chance of recovery. It is downhill from now on. These were such big beautiful red geraniums. I keep watering and cutting back flowers and drooping leaves. Oh well, they were a cheerful spot hanging on the deck...NEXT YEAR! We have a tree full of those tasteless apples. Deer are camping out near the tree and squirrels are scolding the crows over ownership rights. Good thing I am not trying to harvest any of them.

Football is starting and John has been disappearing downstairs in front of a football game. Fall is officially here.
    Patsy

• Sandydur
    edited August 2016
    Happy Sunday! :) Went to Mass this morning and had my video call with my sons. Will be going back to Robby's later to help with family pictures. Lisa's friend is a photographer so she will be taking pictures outside for Robby's two year old pictures. They will take some of Robby alone and then with his mom and dad and then with Bryanna as a family. I am going to help Robby smile and to pay. lol

The party was a success and Robby looked adorable. He was sleeping when the guests arrived so when Lisa brought him down and he saw all the people and they yelled happy birthday he started crying. I hardly ever see him cry so he carried on for a while which upset me, but then her finally calmed down and enjoyed the rest of his party.
    5m6bkc3e35sp.jpg

Patsy, love your play on words with my super grandson. Just talked to my son in Portland and he said he is glad the heat spell is over although it is still 80 there.

Lin, I laughed so hard when Robby took a bite of his cake. He really thought no one was watching and didn't realize I took a picture. lol

Phoebe, Jim sounds very much like Babe who wants to get better but really doesn't want to do anything about it except complain.

Jeri, I cannot tell you how beautiful your daughter and her family are. She looks so young to have nine children and looks terrific!! She must have her mother's genes.

I didn't open a second window and don't want to lose my post so hello to everyone else. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    It's true Jeri, your daughter looks like she's one of the children!
    Sandy, Exactly! Regarding Jim. It doesn't seem to bother him that his sleep apnea is severe enough to kill him.
    Nap time!
    Happy birthday party to Robby
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Wonderful family, JERI, and yes, your description of your Mom's bout with oxygen has given me loads to research! Right now, we are stumped because he needs continual flow rather than pulse, and no company has a concentrator that delivers 4 Liters PM! He's a mouth breather, too, which greatly complicates things! I may simply ave to accept that his life will not be an easy one now. I also want him to get a bit of exercise by using the manual wheelchair, so I explained it would give him great freedom to wander the buildings alone, with oxygen attached. So far that has gone over with a thud! But I think it's dawning on him that he must use some effort of his own to continue....or simply give in! Yikes, he has certainly changed his willingness to work things out. so I will have to adjust as well. I'm learning! There's another page to read, but I'll do that tomorrow, I think. Now back to the research on the proper concentrator!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    I couldn't resist and was it ever worth it! That photo of Robby eating the frosting is priceless.! Also, reading SANDY's and PHOEBE's comments about BABE and JIM, I guess it's a man thing that the partner has to do the work while they deteriorate! Will we ever learn? Gotta run!
    <3 Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thanks for all the great comments. Melanie really does look young. I'm posting a picture of her and Melissa as well.

Buzz what you said abou men is so absolutely true. Also Ed is trying to get rid of a bug which could lead to pneumonia and instead of taking it easy and watching the olympics he can be found watering the plants outside. At least he's gone up to watch the Olympics.

Checked my bank account today and noticed something strange. Phoned them and someone scammed Ed and my US Mastercards. I think it happened when we were in Vegas and they just used them. The bank is reversing the charges and cancelling our cards. Sure hope we get new ones by Thursday as we are heading diwn to C'oeur d'aine o n Friday. Otherwise we'll take cash.

Jeri

psegxs9xvez0.jpeg

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Oh gee, brain dead. Forgot to tell Sandy that I love the pictures. Robbie is getting so big.

Jeri
  • oystereyes
    ni6ip3tgjnl3.jpeg
    I don't have any grandbabies to show off...so this is how much our grand dog has grown!
    Patsy
  • oystereyes
    n4xjz4rkrhlj.jpeg
    And these are Katie's new teeth...all the better to chew on sticks, leaves, cardboard boxes and paper towel tubes! Delicious!
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Patsy, who needs grand kids when you have Katie? She is adorable!!!
  • linder4866
    Patsy, what an adorable fur kid. Love those long legs!! <3
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Another Monday already! Our walk this morning was short because poor George was struggling to do a poo (too much information already I know!!) and when I looked he appeared to have a bramble tied up in the fur under his tail which made him cry every time he pushed. I won't go into any more details in case you're eating breakfasts or lunches but when we got home a bowl of hot soapy water and flannel with scissors thrown in did the trick. Scruff and her mum dropped in too in an effort to introduce her to Brady some more because she will be coming to stay in 2 weeks and this time it went very well and they started to play together so I'm sure there won't be any dramas. The vet has phoned to postpone Brady's operation to neuter him because they are short staffed so now we have to wait until Friday week and I'm just hoping his frisky personality doesn't go over the top in that time!!

Patsy ~ A friend of mine had a Westie that wouldn't go near the stairs up or down and she apparently told a friend who went to her house, put a lead on the dog and marched him straight upstairs and then down again. Did that a couple of times and the problem was solved. Apparently you have to be assertive rather than soft mama!! It took me weeks to stop George from running up and down the stairs to follow me when he first arrived and I had it all sorted until one evening something spooked him so he followed me when I went to bed although I did insist he use the spare room so all my training for the opposite effect went out the window!!

Lovely photos of beautiful family all round including the stunning Katie of course. I've read all your posts but must now get my car loaded with items that I'm taking to the charity shop connected to the shelter I found George in because they've been sitting looking at me for weeks!!

Have a good day everyone.
    Jackie

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    I have enjoyed waking up to such beautiful photos this morning of children, grand babies and fur babies! I am starting my day with a smile. :) Thank you. <3
    Marcella
  • delraybuzz
    JERI, we seem to understand one another so well! Losing posts, figuring out men, you take gorgeous pictures while I am the ideal audience! Oh well!
    Katie is worth raving about, PATSY. All our grand---(fill in dogs or kids) are so special!
    I'm feeling better since ordering the carrier for Mike's oxygen concentrator after days and many hours of research! I'm going to drop the entire subject now that I feel it's solved, and in time for his ride to the VA, about 50 miles each direction. ANd now for breakfast and my volunteer time at the welcome desk. I realize I look forward to it each Monday, seeing and meeting new people. Did I mention I attended a lecture on keeping our minds sharp? If we do the same thing, no matter how interesting or challenging, all the time, we are gaining nothing! We should keep learning new things to keep our minds plastic in 5 different areas:
    *Mental exercise---*Aerobic physical exercise---*Challenging Leisure activities
    *strong social networks---*MASTERY, involving learning something new and mastering it!
    examples are : learn a musical instrument, creative craft projects, self-enrichment classes, jigsaw puzzles, memorize poems, crossword puzzles and word games, stimulating and educational TV programs, learn a 2nd language, classes in painting, computer games, discussion groups, read, remain socially active, gardening! Enough, my mind just collapsed thinking about it!
    1316348f1m73apers.gif
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Hello everybody! Wonderful early morning, perfect for our sniffle through the dew. We met Amy, Jilly's best friend and Amy's mom. Amy's mom was having a moan about her cold hands! I told her to wear her Canadian Olympic mitts. Well, wonders will never cease. I've just been turning some soil over, helped by the bean of course. She joyfully ran around the garden with mouthfuls of unwanted catmint! Next year we will have catmint everywhere, I can't tell you how much I love getting mucky in the garden in reasonable temperatures, so me and my dog are becoming very alike. We both need a bath at the end of a muddy day!
    My goodness, is that great big dog little Katie! She's beautiful PATSY. I'm trying to lure Jilly down the stairs with treats on each step. She's a very greedy little thing when it comes to treats but not even her favourites lure her down. She sits and stares on the top step willing them to float upwards. One day she will venture and I'm very glad Marks repaired the storm door and it's no longer ajar.
    I had all the gang over yesterday for repairs. Mark cleaned the gutters and repaired the kitchen floor and Mary Jo and I followed him around cleaning up, whilst Mike the non handyman took Jilly for long walkies. Grandson Derek took off with his girl to the Toronto CN fairground and he won her the following, not sure what it is, lol.
    6yyx0im2n6u0.jpeg
    Have a lovely Monday everyone, whilst me and Jilly are back to the weeds.
    Anne.