Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Oh this is just hysterical! There is adorable little Jilly. Shining and clean and sweet. Below is Katie who discovered the sprinkler was on and went for a dip and a run in the water. Then, in for lunch and shake water on furniture, me, and the walls. Hummmmm! I think this Katie needs to have a lesson or two from Jilly.
    Patsy
  • oystereyes
    svj6cj2kqca2.jpeg
    Katie after a little run in the sprinkler
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    :'(:'(:'( Spent all day with Dell technician who convinced me my computer is fine, don't purchase a new one, just fix the camera in this! Then lost phone touch with him and now I have the weirdest web pages.....and I just lost 3 lengthy posts in a row! :'( Goin' to bed...
    MARIE, my Juzo knee high stockings (2200 series I think) are soft and easy to put on and wear. Mike helped me take them off. I bought silicone tops. They must be professionally fitted and with a prescription, Medicare might pay!
    <3 Buzz :'(
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi KATIE. I love to run through the sprinkler as well but my furs so short and shiny it sort of runs off and doesn't get to look as interesting as your Marilyn Monroe do. I see you have some toys like mine! Only the best for us girls. How's the tunnel digging coming on? Anne filled mine in but I'll try to meet up with you by Christmas 2026.
    Woof woof and licks from Jilly Bean.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    After a short walk around the village first thing I joined friends for our weekly swim at the leisure centre before shooping to stock up on kitten food. Of course because Brady is given sachets of meat as well as biscuits my 2 older cats are now insisting biscuits aren't enough so the cost has doubled because they eat senior food!! My plan this afternoon is to visit the allotment to pick green beans and pull beetroot, then back to do more gardening. Dave the gardener arrived as promised and after a long chat about his new hobby of running and even competing in the London marathon he set to and cleared a bed in an hour, a task that would have taken me all afternoon. Loved my pedicure and foot massage and then took the pedicurist to introduce her to the elderly neighbour who had a fall 6 months ago. They got on well so we'll make that an ongoing arrangement as I can take her there and let her in using the key safe.

Lin ~ You would have loved the Hound of the Baskervilles which was performed by a small group of amateurs who each had at least 2 roles (nearly typed "rolls" LOL). It was a mix of old and more recent interpretations of Sherlock and the hound had to be seen to be believed!! A huge furry bear type creature that had us all laughing. My only very small complaint was the scenery should have spread further to the right side of stage because I was on that end and could see the actors creeping about doing their clothes changes before reappearing which was distracting. For all that another great evening's entertainment which we'll miss through the winter months, although sitting in an open theatre probably wouldn't be advisable in the cold!!

Marie ~ When I worked for our adult social care unit we often had to assist with getting those stockings on and found the best way was to turn inside out then roll the leg section down to the toes, pop the end on to your foot then roll up your leg. So long as you or whoever is putting them on gives the occasional tug upwards this works really well.

Sandy ~ Happy birthday to Babe who I hope will soon feel up to celebrating. I'm so glad Phil is finally being civilized towards you but then he got everything he wanted didn't he. I can tell you are as happy as you can be with the current arrangement but do still worry about you sweetheart so stay strong. <3

Phoebe ~ So long as nothing has been broken or chipped I'm thinking it's still going to take time for those aches and pains to go. Rest when you can, especially now all those pounds of pears have been canned. I'm not sure I'd have the patience so am doubly impressed!

Patsy ~ A few years ago when visiting a town in the Lake District a friend and I came upon a lady doing much the same as the lady on your road, walking the most beautiful white cat on a leash. I did wonder if being white the cat was deaf as this often happens but it certainly seemed very interested in everything around it. A couple of days ago George noticed a frog doing its best to hop across the garden unseen to get to the safe haven of the pond. It disappeared into some perennials then off a retaining wall and away but George missed the last move and spent the next hour sniffing around and at one time slipping into the pond! It didn't put him off but he did later go into the cottage and rub the muck off by rolling on my carpet much to my dismay and I can see I'm going to have to borrow my neighbour's carpet shampooer because I can still see the marks after vacuuming! What a gorgeous photo that is of Katie with her dampened locks of gold. There are some puppies like Anne's Jilly Bean, that fall on their feet and Katie is another.... from that smile on her face she obviously lives in continuous puppy heaven!

Anne ~ Gosh, that little Bean really is tiny and adorable. I'm guessing she won't grow much bigger but obviously has a huge personality and thinks herself a giant!

Buzz ~ Our forecasters were showing us the line of storms running up your coast with one possibly heading across the pond in our direction. On our news yesterday was a story of a flight from Texas to Heathrow hitting turbulence so bad several people were injured and the flight had to be diverted to Cork so I'm hoping yours aren't too violent although as you say, not being out and about so much keeps you safe.

Time for my lunch so I'll wish you all a happy Thursday.
    Jackie
  • pinkperil
    This is where my time goes when on the computer with pets playing next to me!!
    https://youtu.be/oHNvzH9YnC0

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited September 2016
    I can't say I blame the beautiful George for hesitating in getting his ball from under Basils tail! It would take a VERY brave dog to grab it without considering the consequences! I've tried measuring Jilly, but she's so bouncy it's nigh impossible and I've no idea what she weighs, except she feels solid. I was told when fully grown between 8 - 10 lb provided we can cut back on pees and treats. Anyway, I estimate about 10 inches from floor to top of back and roughly 16 inches from nose to bum. Probably smaller than Basil? This does not deter her from yapping at humans and dogs far bigger than she when passing her drive. The humans usually smile when they see how small she is in comparison to her bark, sigh. Isn't Katie adorable. We humans just don't understand this love of water and mud. Pigs get it, but not us folk who have to bathe and dry the little terrors.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    Happy Thursday! :) Meeting day so not much time. I went to bingo and won $17, a three way split on a bingo game. I also got my no chip manicure so I am all set for dinner tonight with friends and for my daughter's visit over the weekend.

Anne, your little Jilly is just a peanut compared to Daisy who weighs in around 95 pounds.
    But Jilly can sit in your lap which is pure heaven. How cute was it that Jilly wrote a post to Katie, she is one smart cookie.

Jackie, what a cute video, at least George was being cautious not knowing what that tail would do. LOL How nice of you to bring the pedicurist to your friend, I bet she was grateful. Does this mean your pedicurist comes to your house to do your nails? How great that would be.

Buzz, whenever I have a video call with my kids I have to restart my computer so my camera works. If you run other apps that show video it messes with the camera. Just a suggestion, works for me.

Patsy, if Daisy were to go under the sprinkler she would probably look just like Katie. However, with Babe being in concrete all his life, his yard is all concrete except for the giant stone box which serves as Daisy's bathroom

kigc76qsdj4s.jpg

Of course now that I don't live there, no more flowers, just empty statues.

Phoebe, I hope the new product works for you and can give you some relief from pain. Being a truck driver is hard work, your body pays a price. My whole family drove a truck and my dad loved it. He drove local and had to load and unload barrels for a company called Trilla which I believe is now Meyer.

Barbie, thank you for the update on both you and Jake. I hope the neurosurgeon can find the answers to your pain and can finally help you.

Lin, like you don't do enough now you want to learn a second language? You are amazing young lady, you make the most of each day and enjoy life.

Marie, hope your trip to Walmart went well.

Have a great day!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    SANDY, I never before saw a concrete garden, and I'm amazed at how nice it looks! Your flowers must have added so much, to say nothing of your presence!
    As far as the camera, all was well until the 8/2 update for windows 10, and Microsoft screwed something up and has no plans to fix the error for awhile. I'm able to work around it to a certain degree, since it seems to snap and save, but it's difficult locating them.
    My eye keep drooping shut, although I SLEPT About 4 HOURS, We keep trying.
    Cleaning gal just left. No point in inspecting since whatever it is seems to me better than I can do. Also spoke to my HMO and they gave me hope about reimbursement of unbilled items. Must go make a temporary card for Mike, as his card never came! They will also pay for a large concentrator for oxygen in his room! I now pay for one because they never investigated my insurance ! so things are looking up!
    Must finish breakfast (coffee and bialy) and run errands. All your pets are priceless, as are their owners!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    My bath lady just left. nice clean hair and body wow ;)
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,364 Member
    Hello - I love the picture of Katie and she looks perfectly fine to me. I always had big dogs who were not groomed or clipped--just brushed. They loved all things dirty, wet, and repulsive to most humans. It was just an acreage/farm dog thing. My Huskies loved all the same stuff here in the suburbs but I tried to restrain them a bit. Happy homes for Katie and Jilly!! Thanks everyone for the photos AND the video. Jackie, I think George was wise to leave the cat's tail alone. Darling little kitties can pivot on a dime and although George is quick, I doubt he would be quick enough to escape retribution. Haaaaa.

Buzz, sorry for the computer problems. Glad you are indoors as we hear more about the storms. Stay safe.

Phoebe, they always seems to be cutbacks in the works for covered health care procedures. Please let us know about the Quell device. I have seen the commercials and have been thinking of getting more information so am very very interested.

Marie, all cleaned up. Doesn't it feel good? Some days I go all out and do not just the washing hair, showering etc but all the hair plucking and shaving details and then I feel really good!! How was the trip to Walmart?

Sandy, thanks for the photo of the yard. I have never seen anything like that! That would probably not work here due to water runoff issues. My suburb probably would say no way!! Nice that you won at Bingo.

Jackie, thanks for the update on the show. It sounds very entertaining although the distraction of people changing costumes would be a bit of an issue for me too. Is swimming season over now? Many of our aquatic centers close by Labor Day or even a week earlier as school starts and they have little attendance and lose their work force.

Dragons are now assembled. This was the most devilish puzzle I've completed. I had to redo sides and bits over and over as the pieces would go together and the pattern and colors seem fine then later something else wouldn't fit and I would need to track down and fix the error. Such an I. I want looking puzzle!!

fzj3n3iywvcx.jpeg

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Lin i have another set back Big blistering my legs above my ankle. Sure glad My nurse will be out in the morning.Sure hope they do not turn into sores like on my foot.

My I pad would not turn on today for me.Alice is going to walk me thru something in the morning.
    hope I get a good nite sleep and not worry about my blister,

I will keep you all inform what treatment they will used on me.
    Love Marie
  • Long day. We are getting a little of the rain, not lots.
    Marie, hope this clears up quick. Maybe it's an allergy.
    Take care
    Phoebe
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Marie - fingers crossed for you.

Buzz - computer problems on top of everything else. Gee

I've enjoyed the pictures of the grandkids and hearing about everyone's pets.

No trips planed for the short term. We had hoped to go to the zoo with the kids but our weather isn't cooperating.

Finally have an appointment with a rheumatologist tomorrow. I saw him before and wasn't particularly impressed. We'll see.

Falling asleep, time for bed. Nite all

Jeri
  • oystereyes
    Marie: I am so sorry to hear about your setback. I hope the nurse will be about to help you. There are things out there to help so maybe your doctor will put you on antibiotics and special wound care. I know this is frustrating and painful. We are thinking of you and wishing you the very best.

Reading about the storms and hoping Buzz is safe and away from harm.

We are getting rain here in Oregon. It is cool and feels like fall. I am ready for cooler weather. Our son will be sad to see the weather change. He has enjoyed his boat and the weekly sailing adventures.

John is getting better. If he can just keep from eating anything off the regimen he does just fine. However, a lot of his favorite things are forbidden. Wine, chocolate, tomatoes, coffee, onions, salt, garlic....oh my! Cooking for him lately is hard. Also chili and any hot spices are not allowed. As he says, name anything good and it is not allowed. Acid reflux is horrible for a foodie like John.
    Patsy
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 184 Member
    Finally have gotten caught up on all of the happenings with all of you.

Marie: Sorry to hear about all of the problems with your feet and now blisters forming. Glad to hear that your nurse will be checking on them soon and hopefully they can get some treatment going for you. Looks as if you have lots of help when it comes to buying the correct compression socks, so that will make that easier. Hoping these new issues are resolved quickly.

Lin: Mahjong...good for you. I have done the games on the computer, but I understand what you are playing is quite different. Many ladies here play it, but it does seem like a challenging game. I think it is almost time for me to take up pinochle again; I used to play this with my grandmother as a child. Lots of fun. Puzzles on the computer are what I prefer.

Buzz: Hope you are staying dry down there. Worry about the tornadoes down in your area, but you should be safe.
    Also changed over to Windows 10 not too long again, but thankfully I have an at home coach to help me thru it. Hoping you are getting some more rest, so you can stay healthy as fall approaches. Thinking of you.

Phoebe: Canning after a fall ? You are more of a super woman than I. Haven't done it for years and think of all of the work involved when I did peaches, pears, plums and cherries, plus made homemade strawberry jam. That was only 40 yrs ago, plus made bread too. Could never do it now, but it sure saved on the groceries along with the garden too. Have you tried using a heating pad to alleviate some of the pain ? It has always been my friend. Hope you recovery quickly.

Jackie: George is so darn cute and I had a good laugh when he was being encouraged to get his ball. He knows to be careful around that kitty. How are your hives doing ? Ready to bring in the honey yet ? Loved the photo of your backyard with the kitty in it. Would love to have a yard like that, but must admit do not miss my big yard and the work involved.

Patsy: So you are finally getting some rain. I know you probably need it as much as we do in Calif. Must admit it is likely much prettier up your way since you have so much more rain than us. Your dog is so cute and I can see quite mischievous, but I suspect he will settle down as he gets older. Love his coloring !! Hopefully your husband is starting to feel a bit better. Have had to deal with it for 40 yrs now, but eventually went on a prescription which has helped and I can enjoy life again. It is such an awful thing to have to work around. Good luck on this.

Shirley: Last trip for the summer. It seems it has been raining a lot up your way, so here is hoping it stops long enough for you to have a great week end sailing. Your grandson is so cute. He sure is growing up quickly !! Enjoy him when you can.

Anne: Thanks for sharing that new photo of your pup. He is so cute and I bet an be quite a squally wag as they say. Almost time to pull out the willys/galoshes I think are the same right ? Love your "Englishness" ; it keeps us guessing and reminds me of my sweet British grandmother. And I agree you should write a book.

Sandy: Glad you are home and able to relax again after some trying times with Babe. Hopefully he is starting to feel better. Great news your rent hasn't increased; she must like having you as a tenant and who won't. Love the videos on your grandson also. He is so handsome ! Nice to hear you have had some luck playing bingo etc. You are far luckier than I appear to be. What is your secret ?

Jeri: Loved your photo at Coeur d'Lene. We also made a trip up that way about 3 yrs ago with our rv. The storm followed us from the coast and it stayed with us the whole 2 days up there raining in buckets. Made it very hard for us to enjoy and to see what it was really like up there. Would love to go back ! Also found the road that took us up to Canada and stated the next time that way we are headed over the border. :) Enjoy your little outings while you can.

Can't say we have had a very exciting summer. I have spent the summer babying my feet due to plantar fiscitis. It has pretty much put a hold on all of the exercise I was doing however gradually I am able to be on my feet a bit more. We do have a trip planned to Reno in a couple of week for a few days. Hope to see a dear friend when we go there. Lots of fires in our state again this summer, so being in the city we are ok. As much as there are places I would prefer to live all of our fires make me glad we made the decision to stay in the city. Oh yes....have been looking at flooring materials to replace the whole floor in this house. So many choices it can be overwhelming at times, but slowly we are making progress.

Well I have bent your ears enough, so I will call it a night. Thinking of all of you.

Diane
  • CALIECAT
    Diane so nice to hear from you this morning And as usally end up. my blisters are almost gone. I had 4 or 5 before bedtime and this morning only 1 rater large one. I slept the night a way. so got a good rest in I am having trouble finding large socks for my swollen feet,Will search the web site real good this morning.Been looking but so far no luck. It will all work out OK.I was pretty upset last night tho.
    Jerry is still struggling alone in the kitchen.he is gettin better. love to all
    marie
  • pinkperil
    A rather manic start to the day for me with a very hungry Brady behaving like a delinquent because he was being starved since 9 pm yesterday ready for his operation. He was up on to every counter looking for food then trying to get outside through the catflap which was locked so I didn't lose sight of him. He cried on the way to the vet but then when handed over we found him hiding under the fleece bedding with just his nose showing. I've since walked George in the local woods with my friend and her Scruff and now finishing a mug of coffee before settling to housework. A miserable day weatherwise so no gardening for me! Happy to see my new weigh scales still have me at the same weight as last week which is better than gaining and I'm sure when dog sitting Scruff from next Tuesday for 9 days I'll be losing at least a pound a day!! Marie great news that those blisters are going and I'm sure a nice bath and plenty of rest will have helped lots.

Diane ~ How lovely to hear from you and thanks for asking after the bees which to be honest are just a little crazy! They were a swarm that flew in late last summer so no knowing their history but can go from quiet contentment to angry and buzzy from one day to the next. They've been very busy in our recent warm and sunny weather so I'm hoping to be able to extract at least a few pounds of honey..... if they let me!!

Must get on otherwise I'll be away to collect Brady and still no housework done!

Jackie

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Sandy - Love the puzzle. It looks like a fun one to put together. My most memorable puzzle was one that was just the face of a black cat with yellow eyes. About 1000 pieces and almost all of them black. That took a while! …and congrats on the bingo winnings.

Marie - Happy to hear that you are healing well and doing so much better.

Phoebe - My goal next gardening season is to learn about canning. My mom use to can tons of green beans and tomatoes each year. It was great! I would love to increase my garden size and then be able to eat produce all winter long.

Shirley - Love the picture of you and Isaac. He is totally a cutie!

Anne - One of the cutest doggies ever!!!

Patsy - That is one happy looking dog. You can totally see mischief in her eyes!

Buzz - Computers can be so frustrating. I finally switched to an Apple Mac. It works well for me because both of our sons are still at home so it’s like my own personal tech group. I must admit that I have had a lot fewer problems since switching from my Dell desktop.

Jackie - Your cat looks like he has evil plans in store. The dog, of course, just looking on with a “cat, what’s your problem” kind of a look. …or maybe your cat knew that “you” had evil plans in store and he’s contemplating how to get even.

Lin - Love your fun puzzle. Looks like a fun one to put together.

Jeri - Hope you have a more successful appointment with your rheumatologist this time. Maybe he will be able to come up with something that will be helpful.

Diane - I would love to live further from a city too. But I can see safety from fire would be an excellent incentive to stay put.

I actually have a rather boring day planned: a bit of office work, the grocery store, some house cleaning, laundry and a bit of cooking. But it's all in preparation to better enjoy the weekend and the fact that my husband has taken all of next week off from work.
    Marcella
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    edited September 2016
    Happy Friday!! :) I hate going out to dinner the night before weigh in and as I expected gained 0.4 pounds. With this holiday weekend and my daughter coming to visit I hope that is all I gain this week. Dinner was fun and after my friend and I went to play some slots where I again won some money. Nice ending to a great night.
    I will be picking my daughter up sometime this evening after she has dinner with her two aunts.
    She will be staying through Monday and then return to her aunt's. I am looking forward to spending time with her.

Marcella, I haven't started the puzzle but probably will when my daughter arrives. Boring days are sometimes good days, although I prefer when I have nothing to do. :)

Jackie, poor Brady not only hungry but coming back as a neutered male. He is going to be one unhappy kitten. I should ask for another picture of you in your bee gear for those of us who haven't seen you. Please be careful and don't get stung. Have fun with the two puppies, they will love it, just don't trip over them while they are running around.

Marie, good news about the blisters, I pray each day brings you more healing so you can get on with your life and enjoy the kitchen again.

Diane, nice post, so happy to hear from you. Babe was here this morning and is still feeling weak, the dizziness is just wearing him out. I wish someone could help him and can't wait for him to go to the ear doctor. He has no appetite so has lost 8 pounds since this ordeal. I really don't know what to say to him so I just listen. I have no secret for winning, it comes in spurts.

Patsy, I can imagine how hard it is for John with that acid reflex. It would be hard to give up all the food and drink you love. Isn't there a medication he can take to relieve his pain?

Jeri, good luck with your appointment today, I hope he impresses you and can help you.

Lin, the stone box is actually pea gravel so water soaks into the ground. Instead of grass he opted for the stones due to all the different pets they had, including a baby goat when his kids were small. Didn't last once he grew up , started butting the kids.

Buzz, I do hope you are okay with all the storms in Florida. I was worried about my daughter's house but she said they will probably just get lots of rain. I hope that is true of your complex.

Have a great Friday and enjoy the holiday weekend.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time