Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Okay, now I MUST go buy a new puzzle! I love putting puzzles together. I can no longer just sit here while everyone else is having all the fun.

Buzz - Glad to hear that the hubby is enjoying his new chair.
    Shirley - Happy to hear you're safely home from your slightly rolling ride.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
    Marcella
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,205 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Home for lunch. Oh what a great puzzle Jackie!! I just looked at some Gibson puzzles on Amazon. They are very interesting. There may be one in my future.

Meanwhile here's a print of Randal Spangler that I love.

bkud44p03sv0.jpeg

And look--a puzzle based on that print has arrived chez moi.

gtao792rpsxo.jpeg

Whoopeeeee! Hugs. Must finish chewing and off to clean up my teeth.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Love all the puzzles. I used to do them too when Dave and I first married, along with firing craft classes
    and rug hooking and stitching. What happened to all the free time I had. I know, we are away too much
    if you ask me. Someone who just retired wants to go all the time. LOL

I forgot to mention that when we had our rolling wave ride over on the boat, I fell trying to move my
    water bottle closer to me and so I have a nice long bruise along the edge of my butt. It has also
    messed up my lower back, good thing I have an apt. on Friday with the chiropractor to get it back in
    place again. I had yoga this morning and could feel it a bit but we mostly worked on knees today so
    I didn't feel too bad.

BuzzI see Mike has a toy, I hope he drives well without any problems. If it makes him happy,
    so be it.

Lin & Jackie Jackie, your puzzle looks so cute with the cottage background and Lin your's is
    so awesome with all the dog faces. :D

MarieI guess keeping the legs elevated is working for you, stay on the I Pad on your lap and
    type when you can. Have you seen any results yet in your legs?

MarcellaYou can now join the puzzle group and would love to see the results of everyone's
    puzzle.

Anne Rottweiler's are as good as the owner treats them. The one you mentioned sounds kind of mean which they can be, some are very sweet and the puppies are adorable.

Warm weather today again so staying inside and maybe a walk after dinner when it cools down.
    I thought we were done with this humidity, guess not!

Shirley

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,143 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :) Spent most of the morning burning two CD's, one for me and one for Lisa. Robby's two year old pictures came in email today and Lisa is disappointed in the family ones the girl took so she is going to do them over. I have to agree because my son is hidden and we want to put it on canvas, so would prefer her to do a do over. She is a young girl interested in photography so not a professional but most of the pictures are great.
    3lk7vuxq18kt.jpg

I am going to bingo tonight so wish me luck, hope my streak continues.
    We just had a big down pour and now the sun is shining, what crazy weather.
    I still haven't started my puzzle, it seems I am busy everyday.

Shirley, I am sorry you fell and got a bruise, that can be very painful. It does seem we retired folks are busier than when we worked. Not sure where the time goes.

Lin and Jackie, love both of your puzzles, maybe that will motivate me to start mine. Lin, be careful but enjoy the observatory, it sounds great.

Marcella, please do join in the puzzle building, we can all share our finished product. (Lin, take it easy on us beginners)

Anne, I think all dogs are meant to be friendly but some owners teach them bad habits. Just be careful with Jilly she is too precious to all of us!

Buzz, how exciting for Mike, that should make him smile. Glad you are getting some rest and keeping those legs up. Keep up the good work.

Marie, I understand.

Phoebe, what state are you in this trip?

Enjoy your day, mine is slipping away on me.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Love the puzzles! Anne, for this dog, the Rott., I'm sure the intention was to kill. It isn't just Jilly in danger. You can be attacked as well. I don't know what the laws are, but possibly a restraining order against the owners Now. Then maybe harsher punishment for them if the dog does damage. Just a thought. And some kind of spray that will work on dogs. Pepper spray?
    Work calls, in Arizona, Hopi Travel Center, heading to Georgia.
    Phoebe
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    PHOEBE, I have no doubt the dog would have savaged Jill like a rag doll and me too. Especially as the police took him to the pound after the two human attacks. The two people he hurt felt bad about having him put down apparently and wouldn't lay charges. I'm told his owners are very nice which makes one think that like humans some creatures are born "faulty". If I was them, and they obviously love him, I would confine him to the yard when others are walking their dogs at popular times. What if he strained on his leash, broke free and attacked a baby! Doesn't bear thinking about. I know, many Rottweilers are just fine, but this one isn't.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Anne, please try to stay away from that dog.

Shirley, sorry you hurt yourself. Ouch!!!

Sandy, I think the photos need a redo. I cannot see your darling son.

I am home. Had a nice time. I am going to plug up this thread with a few pictures.

dgju8yy8s5db.jpeg
    sowb55xb0b3p.jpeg
    p4mv182zlu0s.jpeg

The gentleman mentioned was cremated and inured in the wall of the observatory. Yipes!!
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Nice LIN. Love a bit of history. Signs of the zodiac on the pillars surrounding the door.
    Anne
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    phoebe how is your rear end after the trip io Ca. Take caremy dear friend.m
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Catching up on laundry, watering and fertilizing house plants, ordering new (upsizing) dog bed, food and water bowls and a new leash. Katie completely chewed through the current one.

Instead of putting puzzles together, my challenge is figuring out measurements for new bedroom drapes. I've been at it for days! Then there is the pouring over samples, colors, fabric, and COST! I could have made them myself in less time. Puzzles sound much more fun.

Watched the Clinton/trump thing on TV. I am still in shock. I cannot even think straight, I am so terrified.

Lin: I love observatories. Denver had a nice one, Portland has one in OMSI, of course the LA county observatory is great.

Sandy: the photo is wonderful but I can understand the desire for a redo. It will be nicer to get a good picture with your son. Good luck in bingo.

Phoebe: safe travels my friend. I remember the Hopi Travel Center. I have to say, I would be ready for home and you would need a big emergency to get me out the door after all your travels. Traveling is hard word work!

Jackie: I love the puzzle design. I want to move in there.

Exercises and weight lifting next.
    Patsy

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    oystereyes wrote: »

Watched the Clinton/trump thing on TV. I am still in shock. I cannot even think straight, I am so terrified.

Patsy

PATSY, ditto!
    I think the pig in **** is a perfect description of Mike now! He has freedom but he does forget the time restriction set by his oxygen concentrator, which only gives him about an hour before the battery runs down! His requirement is so high. In the middle of our patio dinner tonight, a nurse came for him to have an Xray of his lungs. He simply cannot move without getting winded!
    At least my legs seem to be OK right now. Still swollen, but 7 lbs of bloat came off!
    I agree about your son being hidden, SANDY! Such a handsome fella! Robby is gorgeous!
    Home safe PHOEBE, and MARIE, continue to take good care of yourself.
    Oh my, look at the time!...
    <3 Buzz
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Buzz - Happy to hear your legs are better. :)
    Patsy - I keep hoping that I will wake up and this whole presidential thing will have been a bad dream brought on by something I shouldn't have eaten. :'(
    Lin - Loved the pictures. The gentlemen's ashes in the wall is a bit creepy. :o
    Sandy - Beautiful family. <3

Well, errands to do today. Then the hubby and I are finally going to spend a couple of days at the camper. Maybe do a little hiking; maybe not. Tomorrow morning, I will get my hair cut. The person that does my hair is actually in the little town where the camper is. We're trying to keep it laid back here this week as much as we can.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
    Marcella
  • linder4866
    Options
    Patsy, wow!! Measuring for drapes!?! What a daunting task. I am not brave enough to even try. I would call someone to come in to measure, order, and install. Which is why I have no new drapes. I have never been up to even starting the process. Once upon a time I had a lady from a local store who sold Hunter Douglas products to stop out. My head was spinning! Then she left the store and I dropped the idea. Best wishes to you. I am sure you will get it right.

Buzz, I am glad so much fluid has disappeared. That must be a bit more comfortable. I am sure it is painful to watch your darling's suffering. I pray that he has some enjoyment and contentment each day.

Marcella, enjoy the camping!! And the haircut. I always feel a bit of a different person after a haircut. B) I agree, creepy for sure. I had no idea the ashes were there. I guess back in his day he was quite famous for having discovered a comet which was named after him. He traveled all over the world doing presentations and visiting various sites to witness significant events such as Haley's comet.

Phoebe, safe travels and yes, how are you doing? Did you find a cushion? Have you tried Quell?

Need to move on. Spending the morning with the ladies at the library once again.

Hugs.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey bjust checking to see if i am on the right page
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,143 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :) Meeting day so again short on time. I won $50 at bingo so my streak is still going for now. Lisa and Robby are coming later, Lisa is getting her hair touched up, so I am going to make them some chicken on the grill. Babe said he is slowly getting better, so I told him to get well by next Wednesday since it is our 25th wedding anniversary. He said yeah sure. I will not count on him to celebrate, after all what is to celebrate?

Have a wonderful day and stay well!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yep I was on the right page

Well Sneakers Its been 2 months today since I went to the hospital July 8th. i am Still in a lot of pain. still grounded to the house Now no more walmart till I am a lot better. Just my doctors visit the nurse will wrap my leg in ace bandage to help the swelling tomorrow Some cream to put of the blisters and some pills that has the same stuff as yogurt to clean out my intestine. Did not know i had any problem there.Still having to propped my legs up most of the day and still limit to 15 minutes on the computer So went my day yesterday. Did go to my doctor yesterday.
    My bath lady will be by this afternoon

Alice was out yesterday and made my lunch for today and Kathy will stopped at Windy and get me one of there wonderful salads on her way home from work.
    Maybe by the end of Oct I will have better news. The sore on my heel is coming along fine but still hurt Jerry just is not a cook. I think I need to check into meal on wheel.

Buzz that wonderful 7 pounds. I have lost 5 lbs this week. I remember when we first heard from you Mike was a man about town Playing tennis. and all that stuff.

You sneakers are the sweetness thing Love you all.

<3 Marie

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Dell is working on my computer so I'll just take a moment to share with MARIE that her problem with swelling sounds like lymphedema. I get my legs wrapped also, and it worked beautifully a couple of years ago. I will start again soon, but the wonderful news is I was able to get my compression stockings on today for the first time in about a month! WOW, does it feel good!
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed a swim at the local leisure center first thing then a bit of shopping. A neighbour of Scruff's mum comes swimming with us so I picked her up on my way. She's just a year older than me but seems to live with her glass half empty if you know what I mean. Quite depressing after a couple of hours and I did my best to gently suggest she be more positive. Oh well, we're all different aren't we! This afternoon I took the dogs for a long walk on the moors because the forecast is for rain any time now but Scruff is still full of beans wanting me to constantly throw a ball or toy for her to chase while dear George looks on. At least she killed the squeak in the rubber hedgehog that was driving me mad!!

Lin ~ That jigsaw is delightful and I see there is one available with cats too so depending how long my farmyard friends puzzle takes I'll probably purchase that next. Love the observatory pictures but did laugh about the ashes because if you got to the UK and visited some of our very old historic houses you'd be told stories of people being encased behind walls when still alive, hence all the ghosts wandering the corridors!!

Anne ~ Pub owners in our parish own a Rotty and German Shepherd that terrorise people as they walk past the pub gardens and I understand a lady had her coat ripped while someone else was grabbed then a few weeks ago Scruff was being walked in local woods with a friend and her 2 Jack Russells (seen on my video by the lake) when the owners arrived and let the Rotty off and it immediately rushed at one of the Jack Russells and pinned it down. There was an almighty row and poor Honey the JR was terribly shaken up and I understand a petition is now going to be created to ask the brewery to insist the dogs be removed. Perhaps the one you met is a rescue that had a bad start because I don't believe any dog is born evil, it's humans that create the problem.

Sandy ~ A lovely photo but I do see what you mean about your son's face being obscured. Good to read that Babe is improving although I get what you say about celebrating your anniversary!

Buzz ~ That's encouraging news about your legs; sounds like you're going in the right direction. Mike's enjoying his freedom too which has to be a bonus. Long may it last. <3

Marcella ~ Hooray, heading for your camper. Do enjoy it, relax and get in some lovely walks.

Marie ~ A longer process for you perhaps but you too are improving from what you write and are receiving great care and I'm sure Jerry does his best in the kitchen. At least he gives it a good try.... not all men would!!

Patsy ~ I feel a cheat having purchased ready made curtains for my dining room. I've always wished I had taken more notice in school classes when we were being taught needlework but then I also wish I'd concentrated during French lessons too!!

Time for me to cook an evening meal. Scruff continues to bring the rubber hedgehog to be thrown across the room so I've been telling myself it's giving me good stretching exercises!
    Hospital in the morning for my first annual check and mammogram which will mean another short dog walk first thing, then afternoon trek somewhere. I'll certainly be fit after this Scruff visit!!

Jackie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Sneakers,

Lunch today with an old coworker across the river as we call it, the US side. So much construction still going on and everytime I come over there is another route to confuse me. Getting home was fine the usual way off the thruway. The place where we were going to have our lunch was close when I arrived so we changed it to Panera Bread which I like too. I didn't do any shopping as our money is worth much less now.

Lin - Your adventure to the museum was interesting and the ashes made me chuckle but I wasn't surprised as they did things like that way back in the day.

Marie - Sorry you are still in pain, but looks like the proper things are being done for you. Meals on wheels sounds like a good alternative to making your meals and if you feel like cooking you still can.

Sandy - Lovely family picture and Robby is so cute!

Tomorrow is chiropractor to get my lower back in shape again.

Shirley

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Marie, someone told me that meals on wheels won't come if you still have a car . I don't know. It sounds weird.
    My bottom is getting better slowly. Using a special cushion and watching how I sit.
    Quell is working. Still have to become more familiar with it. Don't understand everything yet. They say you shouldn't need more than one. I wonder if it is true. Still have pain on the other side. They do say to let a few weeks go by.
    Phoebe Brown