Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Well i did not get to see the doctor. i just had a heart test/ Took pictures of my heart.They will me to know when
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    pinkperil wrote: »
    Marcella ~ Many years ago I went through a phase of moving my furniture around lots of times and was told it was a sign I was really wanting to change things in my life so it might be your frustration at gaining a couple of pounds. Once you get back on track you may just put everything back where it was!! LOL ...
    Jackie

That actually makes a lot of sense. We've started talking about retirement plans and thinking about downsizing and maybe even living somewhere different. ... though I will feel much better when I get these pesky pounds back off too!

Shirley - Sounds like a very frustrating shopping experience. I'm glad the clerk at the other store was so much nicer.

Well, I'm going to attempt to get to sleep earlier tonight. Very sleepy.
    Sweet dreams,
    Marcella
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Thank you, LIN. You are right in thinking I am busy and now I am sleepy so his will be brief.
    My DD left at 5:30 AM Thursday morning, dark as could be, and she cannot drive in the dark, but she got to the airport safely and my day was hectic, trying to catch up with all the things I had neglected the days she was here. It was a great visit, and she kind of dragged me around to get done the shopping I have been avoiding for so long!
    I'm too tired to concentrate on my typing, so goodnight, I'll be back tomorrow!
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hello, lovely day today before the cold blows in on Sunday.
    Sorry you had a bad experience Shirley. That happens to us all, but not long with me, because I would have said to the manageress, "excuse me, but are you serving? because my time is limited", and if I'd continued waiting silently (not likely) and the woman with the pyjamas rolled up I would have said pleasantly, "excuse me, but you are behind me in line". You never know, maybe the manageress thought you were with the customer already being served. Anyway, I'm sorry it spoilt your day. Hope today is better.
    And that goes for all you Sneakers! If you are having our glorious weather today, enjoy!
    Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Anne - You are correct, that is a problem I have sometimes, not speaking up when I should. I just watch and take it. Oh, well I will be going to the store today to get my 50% off. I guess it all turned out for the best. Yes.. thanks for the other scenarios, but she never even looked up or asked if I was with that other
    lady.

Buzz- I am glad you had a nice visit with your DD and now you can get back to normal. Company is fun but we do get behind sometimes.

Marcella- A new location can be exciting, good luck on your choice.

Marie - It sounds like your are really being taken care of this time. You are finally in good hands.
    Be well my friend. <3

Update on my knee, I went to the chiropractor and she said I have pulled my hamstring on both sides of my knee. I will continue to ice it, analgesic of some kind, and epsom baths. Some calf stretches too and hamstring stretches. It is doing pretty good now, but still a little sore. No yoga until it calmes down,
    walking is okay and biking I have to try and see if its okay yet.

Shirley

• karengreen7140
    karengreen7140 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Good to hear from all of you. Thanks for your comments and suggestions on the vertigo. Lin--I've been 'toying" with the idea of tai chi. Maybe it's time. I'm sure one of the senior centers has a group. I'm happy to report that the vertigo seems to have passed. Now I can concentrate on balance and building up a walking program.

I also started a 30 day Paleo challenge this week. Was going to wait until after Thanksgiving, but I guess I pushed a button that started it immediately and really, there's not much point in putting it off. Most of it I'm already doing. So mainly I'm eliminating nuts and Atkins stuff and trying to eat more produce, fat and meat, especially organic. I made a "Rainbow Frittata" yesterday with rainbow chard and sweet potato and onion with some lemon and garlic that is really good.

I've also discovered that our local co-op natural market will deliver through Amazon for a very nominal price. Very nice and convenient. Now I'm going to scout one of the local supermarkets that stocks grassfed beef and pastured chickens and wild caught fish. Hopefully not at a premium price.

Time to get breakfast. Take care everyone and have a good weekend.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Karen- Wonderful! you are certainly on the right track. I wish nothing but good things on your new way of eating and exercise.

Shirley
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,098 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Happy Friday!! :) lost 0.4 pounds....really thought it would be more but as long as it goes down that is all that matters. I am going to mail my Thanksgiving cards to my family, pay a couple of bills and later pick up Bryanna and take her to the DMV. The weather is changing later like some of you have posted, so I am happy I got my balcony decorated.

Shirley, great job on the weight loss, what ever you are doing keep it up!! I hope your knee feels better soon and you can get back to yoga.

Karen, good luck on your challenge, I know you can do it!!

Anne, feisty little thing aren't you? I try to let these kind of things go because I do not like confrontation. But I do have a big mouth so might have said something. Glad it all worked out for Shirley.

Buzz, I am happy you got to spend time with your daughter, it had to be comforting.

Marcella, I too will be happy if I can shed these unwanted pounds, but it won't be easy with the holidays coming up.

Marie, I hope your tests come back normal so you have no worries. Read your post on Facebook about you and Jerry spending Thanksgiving together alone, sounds cozy and romantic. <3

I hope everyone else is well and happy.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Not so little!!!! SANDY. Not so feisty either, hopefully never rude but I do believe in fairness, standing up for myself and making my presence known if ignored as in Shirley's case. That way, usually apologies, the store makes a sale, and we all go our ways happy.
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Problems posting and I'm just too sleepy to deal with it. Copied post before internet disappeared, but then copied password and lost original post. Will try tomorrow! Love to all
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,146 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Good evening, wow, what a change in weather. I went the half block to the mailbox and froze!! Temperatures dropped, winds howling, and so damp. When I got home after Tai Chi/Qigong and settled in, I had a big bowl of soup. I just wanted hot foods and beverages all day. Brrrrr. I have decided to stay home tomorrow. Craft show is no longer in my plans.

I did get a load of laundry out of the way, a bit more of the paperwork finished, got cards mailed and other odds and ends. I purchased an air fryer which was delivered today and made regular potato air fries this evening. They were yummy. I plan to try sweet potato fries next. Probably tomorrow!!!

I am conflicted about what happened to Shirley. I can totally see being treated shabbily in a retail store and I would be angry but I doubt I would ever really stick up for myself and call someone out on their behavior. I did not at Walmart recently. I just smoldered for a while and then forgot about it.

Marie, I hope the tests turn out well.

Buzz, see you tomorrow. Glad you had s good visit.

Anne, cold weather coming your way. We are not forecast to get snow this time. Yeah!!!!!

Sandy, how about you?? By the way, are you decorating your deck at all for the holidays? A neighbor out up icicle lights earlier this week. I think he got that accomplished just in time!

I think I will just go upstairs. I just heard a friend's cancer has spread and she has decided to forgo further treatment. I am feeling quite blue right now. She is going to try to get to church on Sunday for a group prayer circle but feels pretty weak. I had just sent her a silly card. Literally out it in the mail this morning.

Hugs to all.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Lin, I did decorate my balcony on Tuesday when it was in the 60's! So glad I did, but will not turn on lights until after Thanksgiving!
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Finally have gotten caught up on all of your messages. Have enjoyed catching up with everyone.

I spent last Saturday at my nephews wedding, which was most unusual. Traditional in a sense, but it was a cocktail wedding. We were asked to wear cocktail attire for the reception, which included wine, champagne, beer and soda along with 2 long tables of wonderful appetizers..hot and cold. The unusual part of it was there was no wedding cake, but a table set up with someone serving 4 types of ice cream with multiple toppings that you could add. Very nice environment though it was a small wedding. Delightfully I was able to catch up with 2 of my siblings and families along with several nieces and nephews. It was a fun day for all.

Most recently we have spent time having hardwood floors, vinyl tiles and carpet put down in our whole house as well as new moldings put in also. What a job moving furniture etc. Only wished we had had the time to do it before we moved in, but there was a time factor involved not allowing anything to get done but repaint the interior. Still not completely done due to a couple of problems, but we are now in the waiting stage for materials to arrive to finish up the job. At least the place is livable again. A 5 day job turned into 10 days. All in all we are very happy with the decisions we made. That part became quite mind boggling at one point. Glad that is done.

I took my first actual walk in many weeks other than to go grocery shopping. Five months and I am still trying to heal with this plantar fisciitis. Learning real fast what shoes and orthodics are working and what isn't. Could open up an orthodic business with the variety I have tried. Of course it was time for my annual physical, which I dreaded because not exercising means I struggle with keeping my weight down. Thankfully all was well except for 1 test and it was the thing I dreaded and I have been working so hard to try to avoid. I was doing so well until this foot issue. Now I am prediabetic and have some classes to go to to get this under control. My sweet tooth is what I struggle with and I was doing so well. Dear hubbie brought home 4 donuts....the first I have eaten in a yr. Two mornings of it and my 1 apple pie about 6 wks ago caught up with me. Hopefully I am able to get this all under control. The joys of getting older, but then we all have various things to deal with. It is my turn now.

New photo on profile picture was taken at the wedding. So thankful to be able to get a new one once in a while.

It is cooling down quickly the last couple of days and we expect rain tomorrow. Have my 6 and 8 yr old granddaughters for the day tomorrow. They wear me out because they are such busy girls, but I will enjoy seeing them nonetheless.

Time to call it a night. Hope everyone is well and happy. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day !!

Diane

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Good Saturday morning
    nice weather here for the time being. we are in a freeze warning till in the morning
    Marie <3
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Hello Marie, we've got a freeze warning too plus snow!!

Doggy walk done, a few things in the garden sorted and lunch eaten so the fire is lit as the rain starts to pitter-patter outside and I'm going to make a pot of bean soup while tennis plays quietly on the tv. I think Shirley that you have more patience with bad customer service than me because I would have to say something if only to make the next customer's experience a better one. I'm never rude but certainly point out any time I feel I'm being ignored, not that it often happens.... I expect I'm difficult to ignore!! I agree the word diet is wrong for what you are trying to do so perhaps suggest to the clinic they refer to healthy options rather than any diet. Thanks for looking for the oat biscuits recipe but if you can't find it I'll experiment from what memory I have for them.

Diane ~ How lovely to hear from you especially as you've obviously been very busy. Love the new photo! Your flooring sounds great and similar to mine although I had a roll of vinyl laid in my dining room and carpet in the sitting room is cosy and warm on the feet! I do hope being warned of the risk of diabetes will be enough for you to control that sweet tooth although I know it's never easy. Just try to think of that each time you look at a jam donut!!

Lin ~ So sorry to read about your friend's cancer. It's never easy is it and we are now told that 1 in 2 of us will have to deal with cancer so not something easily avoided. A brave decision to forego any more treatment and I do hope her remaining time will be peaceful and pain free.

Buzz ~ Love you. <3

Even with the fire lit I'm getting cold fingers sitting over my laptop so will now start that soup and make myself a cup of tea. Hello to all I missed, especially Sandy with her lights and Anne of the feisty nature, just like her Jilly Bean!!

Jackie

• Sandydur
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) Chilly morning with high winds like most of you. Would be a good day to stay in with the fireplace burning but I am going to 5:00 Mass and then stopping at Babe's. I am going to fit as much as I can in my little Ford Focus and bring Lisa and Rob Christmas lights and decorations tomorrow. Monday is Lisa's birthday so I will take them out to dinner to celebrate. I offered to take her out again Monday because Rob works all day and has a class in the evening but since I am bringing Anthony there Tuesday and then going again on Thanksgiving she told me she will be fine by herself as she is potty training Robby and prefers to stay home as much as possible. Did I also mention that when talking to Rob's dad, my ex, I invited him to their house for Thanksgiving? He called this morning and accepted which made Rob happy. No, no chance of any re-connection we are just good friends who can't live together. lol

Nice hearing from Diane and agree the new profile picture is great. Lin I too, am sorry about your friend and hope she is strong enough for the prayer group. Buzz you really need to catch up on sleep and then spend the day napping. Marie Stay warm by cuddling with Jerry.

Hello to all our other sneakers and have a wonderful day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday morning to all of you.
    Just got back from working out on the stationary bike and water aroebics. We stopped at grocery mart for decaf coffee and Mike bought me a red tea kettle, just love it. I usually have tea once or twice a day. I told him it could be my anniversary gift from him. He thought that was a good idea.i bought him a new dvd blue ray player and some movies, I will give it to him tomorrow for our real anniversary day. Tonight we are going to out back for dinner. This afternoon we have to set up for our church thanksgiving tomorrow. Busy, busy.

It's raining here but not too windy. I'm going to finish a rag time quilt , it has to be done by Wednesday, got most of it done.

Nice to hear from Diane.

My weight has not changed. Dr. Said to eat only fruits and veggies. I do most of the time but have to have a bread or potato too. I have to figure this out for me.

Hi to all the golden sneakers.
    Chris
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Chris did you ever learn how to post photo yet?

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am going thru a bad time with my BM. I look it up about what kind of food to eat. It said to eat and toast ,applesauce banana anybody has any other remedy?I think I will eat applesauce and toast for a few days to see if it gets better and call my doctor Monday if not any better

Marie
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Hello everybody, not much to say except the temperature is dropping as the day goes on. Freezing rain and quite miserable on our walks. Pretty chilly grocery shop as well. Worse.....snow tomorrow?!
    Interesting posts from everyone! Not so good from MARIE. Thoughts are always with you Marie and hope you feel better tomorrow.
    And hey, I've never been called feisty before (Mike says I can be!). Love it!!
    Anne.