Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,201 Member
    Options
    Snow expected here tonight. Just 1 to 2 inches. All the white Christmas fans are thrilled.

Slept well Anne and Jilly.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    It's just gone midnight here so I can wish you all the merriest of Christmases!

i96ku5r15bsg.jpg

Another busy day for me with a visit from the tree surgeon to remove my Magnolia with some regrets for both of us but it had to go. He did take some cuttings so hopefully new trees will pop up in his garden. He also ran his chainsaw across overgrown Laurel shrubs that will have saved me days of work. It's been a murky day, misty and damp but because we only got a short doggy walk this morning George and I headed for the moors this afternoon where thankfully I knew enough of our surroundings to find out way around without getting too lost. A cold wind made us both pleased to get back to the car.

Anne ~ How lovely, especially as it's snowing in your neck of the woods rather than mine! LOL Your description of the fun time you had in the snow with neighbours reminds me of that poem When I get old I will wear purple....... and yes, you're right, we can misbehave and be daft!

Sandy ~ Oh dear, so many worries with people being unwell but have to say it sounds like Babe's son is self inflicted. I remember being told a dog's mouth is cleaner than any human's so not sure I go with that theory. If it's some sort of sepsis it will be hard to find why it happened but I do hope Babe's brother is on the mend. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and chill.... you deserve it!

Buzz ~ I see you embraced in the warm bosom of your friends so know you will be alright during the festive season but still I'm thinking of you as I know your thoughts will often be with Mike. Love you too. <3

Lin ~ A busy day for you but good you are now stocked up with delicious meals. You've reminded me I have a couple of sweet potatoes sitting in a paper bag that need eating and roasting is something I rarely do so tomorrow it can be a treat for me!

Hebe my little female cat just came to tell me it's past her bedtime and she does like to curl up with me so I'd better get moving.

A quiet day for me tomorrow so I will be able to check in.
    Jackie
  • jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I won't linger, just long enough really to wish you all on my favourite day of the year, A VERY HAPPY AND PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS EVE.

We are promised another storm system blowing in and starting just after noon. Santa is bringing it down from the North Pole. Michael who lives one hour drive north of me is coming soon to take me grocery shopping, grab an early lunch, and then drive home to out ride it. If it arrives early and depending HOW early - he could be over nighting here which would make Jilly one happy wee dog and us all in for a restless night. So......we are definitely in for a white Christmas this year. Now - aren't you southern gals all green with envy! Lol.

BUZZ, go dip your tootsies in the warm ocean for me! PATSY, go slosh through the rain puddles for me in your wellies! The rest of us northerners let's put our feet up, and stay safely inside munching on mince pies! And pray our furnaces don't conk out!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE,
    HUGS FROM
    ANNE AND JILLY BEAN.

• pinkperil
    Options
    Brrr, a cold walk this morning in thick fog! Oh to see a glimpse of the sun occasionally. :| A complete change of plans for my Christmas day with friends as they have a family emergency so had to travel to Portsmouth where father is in hospital with blood poisoning. Although I immediately received another invitation from Scruff's mum I declined and said I'm more than happy getting cosy with George and all the animals surrounded by Stollen cake, mince pies, tangerines and following Lin's example, roasted sweet potatoes!

Anne ~ Do take care in all that stormy snow and if I was you, start the major turkey defrost!

Everyone else, take care and enjoy a peaceful Christmas eve.

I'm off for my 2nd mince pie and a nice hot mug of coffee. ;)
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Best wishes for a peaceful Christmas Eve. We did indeed receive some white stuff. I am off to church a bit later and quite slowly as the roads are said to be slick. Only about an inch and a half of snow but people are already driving on it, before plowing, and it makes ice that will remain for a while. Maybe with some salt and maybe a bit of sunshine at some point, the roads will be clear again.

Anne, if you haven’t started to defrost the turkey and you want to cook it tomorrow you must have tips on fast turkey defrosting. I did it the old fashioned way, left it in the refrigerator for three or four days ahead of time. Haaaaa. Fast thaw is to out it in a bucket of cool water right? Take care today. You definitely have all the snow you need right?

Jackie, sorry your friends have a family emergency. I have saved my roasting project for tomorrow as it is nice to ave something fresh from the oven rather than re-heating. I have tangerines too! I will be happy staying warm and cozy here.

Hello Sandy, Buzz, Sandy, Patsy, Marie, Jeri, Diane, Laura and all Sneakers!

Hugs.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Look at the lovely card that my friend the master card maker sent me!! I am in love.

vcmb9srooid1.jpeg

I had to figure out the technique of course. :D

Lin, drinking her coffee
  • jacean2017
    Options
    No probs with the turkey Lin as hopefully I'm out for dinner tomorrow at Marks house. I plan to cook it New Year's Eve, unless there's an emergency of course, and in a bucket of water she will go. Slow thaw in the fridge for December 31st though. Beautiful card, something to cherish. Mike is almost here and the sun is shining and the sky is blue and all is beautiful! Hard to imagine a storm drifting in later!
    Anne. Judging by the excited barking, he's arrived on the drive!
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    A Very Merry Christmas to all you delightful and adorable sneakers. You all have been a special gift to me. The day begins with a very frosty cold morning. Santa is loading up and I am behind as usual. Be safe! I can't bear the thought of any of you in trouble on Christmas Eve. Cozy up and I will try stay warm and dry and to taste not gobble.

Tell us all about your Christmas. I'll bet it will be wonderful.
    Thinking of you...
    Patsy

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,140 Member
    Options
    Happy Christmas Eve Day! :) Meatballs are in crock pot, shrimp is ready to go, all is done except for me to get showered and dressed. It is snowing here which doesn't make me happy but I will just take it nice and slow. They are calling for three inches but I am hoping it stops before I have to leave and they get the roads plowed. It will be a white knuckle drive.
    Our Christmas celebration with Bryanna was wonderful, it was quiet and Robby and Max loved their gifts.
    62kh9anyf53n.jpg

After church I went to give Daisy her present and she was thrilled.
    njag2o9k0r9u.jpg

I am going to their house around 2 or so, we are going to the 4:00 mass at their church.
    The rest of the people will come after church and the party begins. It will be hectic with the five little ones but worth it, Christmas is great for kids. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve and remember the meaning of Christmas.

Lin, that card is just beautiful, she is one talented lady.

Merry Christmas Eve!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    So warm, reading all your lovely posts, and enjoying ANNE'snow from afar, JACKIE, thank you for recognizing the pangs, LIN's sharing that amazing Christmas card, PATSY, I can feel your rush of love/anxiety (!), and delighting in SANDY's growing family to carry on her fabulous gene pool! I particularly dwelled on SANDY's mentioning "and remember the meaning of Christmas." Yes, if we could all over the world remember the message of Christmas, it might be a peaceful, loving, kinder world; certainly the opposite of what we have today! b3xl2yjtuv3x.png
    And I could not resist:
    4q62kvr65o8m.png
    <3 Buzz
    ....................................Always believe something wonderful is about to happen!....................................

• jacean2017
    edited December 2017
    Options
    ''Twas the night before Christmas and picture the scene
    Not a creature was stirring, not even The Bean.
    Nice to be still kissed though at 82!
    Anne.

Help! I wanted a tiny photo and I can't eliminate my great more than life size face. Do NOT click on the image, please! It was really to show Jilly!
    The second wave of snow has started and should continue all night. 15 centimetres by morning. Oh joy!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    ANNE, I love it! And you have the proverbial gorgeous English skin! I imagine Jackie also shows no wrinkles! The Bean is adorable, and I encourage everyone to enjoy your picture! I certainly did!
    As I'm becoming better acquainted with my "new" computer, I'm feeling more comfortable using it. So I will sleep tonight for the first time in several nights!
    Goodnight and Peaceful Christmas Eve!
    <3 Buzz nksf2wf7zkot.gif
    ........................................Always believe something wonderful is about to happen!..................................................
  • jacean2017
    edited December 2017
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    We've just got up and this is the view from the back!
    Whoever invented pee pads for very short dogs THANK YOU!!!
    Christmas hugs from Anne and The Bean. xxxxxxxoooooooxxxxxxxx
  • jacean2017
    Options
    0cs9m3ho2gmd.jpg
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Wild and windy here! A lovely morning on the phone and Skype after a moorland walk. The kids have enjoyed their presents and I can't wait until I get home later after tea and cake with friends so I can enjoy a nip of salted caramel vodka courtesy of Scruff!
    https://youtu.be/6fIFycqv17A

Happy Christmas. <3<3<3
    Jackie
  • jacean2017
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Sorry girls, but A VERY PERFECT CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!! No more photos I'll try to promise!
    From my front door! Even the sun is now peeping through, how better can you get!
    Anne
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,140 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    nl3ambxi47wd.png

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Lisa and Rob announced they are having a baby in July.
    I was sworn to secrecy until she had her ultra sound but I have known since the beginning.
    She is going tomorrow for a blood test to determine the sex and for genetic testing, just to be sure all is okay. My poor son is getting snipped tomorrow so I am really hoping for a girl for them but as long as they have a healthy baby that is all that counts.

Anne, you can post as many pictures as you want, they are all beautiful. How many inches in total did you get? I am in total agreement with Buzz on that closeup, you are very beautiful and I would never believe you are in your 80's if you didn't tell us.

Jackie, what a darling video, Merry Christmas to all your critters and especially to you.

Buzz, thank you for your e card, you are very thoughtful. I am glad things are improving with Windows 10 and you can get back to your early bedtime. Have a wonderful day, I am sure they will be serving something delicious for the holiday. Loved the graphics.

Lin, I hope you have a wonderful day with wonderful memories of Christmas past. Will you be seeing some friends or spending a quiet day at home?

Patsy, enjoy your time with your family and have a wonderful Christmas.

I am being picked up by 10:30 to spend the day with friends. An early brunch and then just socializing and playing games. Life is good.

A very Merry Christmas to all of you, I am grateful you are all in my life!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• jacean2017
    Options
    Happy congratulations SANDY. What better day to announce a baby on the way!
    We got about a foot of snow, not too bad, except it was on top of last weeks first storm. Never mind, the little ones can test sledges and ice skates, if Santa brought them.
    It IS beautiful. Blue sky, sunshine and a red breasted thrush in the apple tree. Perfect!
    Jilly got a duck for Christmas which honks. It's as big as she, but that's not stopping her shaking the daylights out of it! I'm sorta glad I'm not a duck!
    We all go to Marks place after lunch, IF I get dug out that is!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Such excitement here this morning. Merry Christmas my friends!

Jackie, I love the video. I will need to watch that more than once. Enjoy your day. Salted caramel vodka? Woooo. I have never heard of that. Sounds like something that might taste too good. :D

Anne, loads of snow. We did not receive any more last night. It is just cold. If it isn’t windy they should be able to get you dug out. Fingers crossed. Enjoy your day as well.

Sandy, my gosh, sworn to secrecy on some pretty major news!!! Congratulations to them and to you as well. We will be panting to know if it is a girl this time.

Buzz, I am glad you are getting things straightened out on your computer. You have such incredible tenacity! I could use a dose of that.

I spoke with a friend this morning exhchanging Christmas greetings. Otherwise, I am more than knee deep in paper, ink, foil and more. I am trying to make a good card for my friend’s birthday. Some vacuuming of paper bits, a load of laundry in the wash, an acorn squash in the oven and a nice cup of coffee. Watching DVDs of “Last of the Summer Wine”—they make me laugh. Decided against Christmas movies today. I may watch the Doctor Who special this evening on BBC America is my internet connection is working well enough. I watched a bit of the marathon last night but got cut off a couple of times.

Time to check the laundry and of course the lovely baking squash. It already smells good but it just started cooking, maybe I have the oven too high.

Hello Patsy, I hope the day is going well at your house.

Hugs.

Lin
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Everyone

Ed and I opened our presents last night and I’m up and about to make breakfast for us. Egss, turkey bacon and toast and jam. Yummy. I am making a nice fruit salad to take over to Mel’s in a bit. Heading over there about 2 o’clock.

Mel is making roast beef today so I’m cooking a turkey breast for us and a friend tomorrow. Oh and turnip. Ed need his turnip at Christmas. LOL

Buzz, thanks for your comment to me. I appreciate that. I missed everyone too.

Sandy - great pictures

Lin - so talented

Anne - we have a snow Christmas too

Jackie - what a cute picture

Oops I hear Ed, hugs to all I missed.

I know we’ll have so much fun today. Big hugs and lots of love

Jeri