Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean1935
    Jacean1935 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    JACKIE, did you see my post just above yours! We crossed! My neighbours are moving to the UK!
    This is the first Easter I haven't had hot cross buns.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,110 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) My granddaughter and her boyfriend will be arriving later this afternoon. They are driving from Minnesota so depends what time they left. They will be here until Tuesday and my office is their guest room so I will be using my IPad for the next few days. I am taking them to dinner where Bryanna works this evening, then tomorrow we will spend Easter with the boys and their parents. My ex, her grandfather will also be there to visit with Kelly and Avram. As of now no plans for Monday but if they are up for it maybe we can take a train downtown to Chicago and see some of the sites. They may have their own plans so we will see.

Jackie, George is a winner in my book, especially for being a good sport and watching all those events. Some day we will all have Spring, but our Easter is going to be very cold. I also liked Paul Williams, thank you for sharing his video.

Anne, how sad your favorite neighbors are moving, I hope mine feel the same way. I bet a part of you wishes they could take you with them to England.

Buzz, sometimes I have to restart MFP because it does mess up.
    For you, Barbie, Jake and all the others who celebrate:
    3040303ona5en2k88.gif

Tomorrow will be a busy day so I hope you have a wonderful Easter if celebrating.
    947886y2ex40quuy.gif

Love you all and I am grateful for you.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Anne ~ Get yourself packed into a suitcase at least and come visit the old country!! Seriously though I'm so sorry you are losing such good neighbours but hopefully the last of the snow has come and gone for you so you'll have the summer to come up with a plan. Me too with the hot cross buns and it doesn't seem right!

Sandy ~ Thanks, George is No.1 for me too even when grumpy!! Have a wonderful visit with your grand daughter and family.

Not sure I'll get on to the sneakers forum tomorrow so I'll post my greetings now.
    k9ucci1u4pga.jpg

.... and not forgetting those who celebrate Passover, my very best wishes to you. <3

Jackie

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,158 Member
    Options
    Good evening

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday. Sorry, no graphics. Still messing about with passwords on other accounts. I decided to have a run through of my list. Lots of closed accounts but all in all a very long list.

Take care, enjoy the day.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    kjfb5ndr7uiw.png
    2hpu7718tt8u.png
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    BARBIE and JAKE (& me!)
    z2kjvjs7ris5.png

Thanks everybody, and may your Easter be very beautiful!
    <3 Buzz
    ...............................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen!......................
  • Jacean1935
    Options
    HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY, HAPPY PASSOVER. MAY YOUR BASKETS BE FULL OF CHOCOLATE EGGS AND BUNNIES ........IF YOURE NOT ON A DIET THAT IS!!!!!
    Happy April fooling as well. The weather is definitely in April fool mode - FREEZING!
    Anne.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and happy Easter! I am glad I am still able to post and read the sneaker forum. Easter here was steelhead salmon, tossed salad, broccoli, pasta with hollandaise sause, carrot cake and chocolate bunnies. The best part was being with family.

Have a wonderful day with family, friends, and or a peaceful day, thinking of the return of spring. We each do this holiday in our own way. I’ll be thinking of you all and I am so grateful you are there.
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    edited April 2018
    Options
    To PATSY and JOHN,

3mzkfqwaze6s.png
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    [Our Easter dinner was truly outstanding until we received news of one of our favorite friend's passing. Sad sad day. I will be busy wherever I'm needed today, so I wanted to say hello and a very Happy Easter to all.
    <3 Buzz
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Thank you all for the anniversary wishes. We are together and more than ever we realize how important friends and family are. Caring for each other and other dear friends is what makes life sweet. You all mean so much to me.
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    Options
    Happy anniversary Patsy. I am so happy you had a lovely celebration. Lovely menu today, especially with carrot cake. :)

Many hugs. <3

Lin
  • Jacean1935
    Options
    DITTO from Anne.xxxxxx
  • Jacean1935
    Options
    Well Easter Sundays been and gone. Although confined to quarters with Jilly Bean it turned out very pleasant. Michael came over for lunch and Mark and grandson Derek turned up for a couple of hours whilst Mary Jo slaved over a hot stove cooking their Easter dinner. Derek was telling me he's been eying your neck of the woods PATSY, after all he is in the same business as your son, and he is blessed with talent AND good looks. I'll be very loathe to see him pack his suitcase, but who knows, I might get to see you guys in the future! Have the kettle on if you see an elderly unknown in person woman tottering down your path with small pint sized dog in tow!

Talking of PATSY and the coast JACKIE, have you been to the orphaned seal pup sanctuary in Cornwall? Saw them playing on TV, delightful.

PBS had the midwives on last evening and after that a play featuring Benedict Cumberbatch named "A child in time" or something. Interesting theory and something I've sort of experienced a couple of times. Woo, ooooo.

Easter Monday. No washing today because Mikes showing up again. I'm running out of food and he needs a haircut IF barber shop and grocers are open! Feeding Michael hasn't done my diet any good. Back to the grindstone!
    Anne.
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Good morning springtime bunnies! I awoke early to find frozen hail on the deck and dark clouds on the horizon. It didn’t feel much like spring but in reality, it is very much like a normal spring. Not what we want but the patten repeats.

Anne: What you describe sounds sounds wonderful. Katie would be beside herself with joy. She loves guests especially after she gets over the initial getting to know you period. I certainly would learn to drink more tea when you visit. It makes me crazy excited at the prospect. The welcome mat is out (somewhat frozen at the moment.)

Our son has returned to Portland and we are ready to start the week. Much tasks to do. It helps me to stay busy. I am considering my options on knee replacement. Life has its challenges. I am feeling good even though I am walking with a cane. I have to do morning exercises inside. It is dangerous to even walk outside.

Stay warm and safe.
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,110 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Having a wonderful time with my Minnesota granddaughter and her boyfriend. Our Easter was great and the food delicious. Today Avram fixed my closet light so I can see my clothes again. They went to Chinatown this afternoon and tonight we are going to Medieval Tines with Bryanna and her boyfriend. They want the old lady to go with them because they said I am a party animal. lol

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and once they leave tomorrow my life should be normal once again.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Nothing new to write but wanted to say HI ! I don't really cook, never use the Disposal, yet my kitchen sink is stuffed up with slow moving water. I don't know if maintenence is off today, but no one has comeso I'll just go down to dinner.
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Good afternoon Sneakers! Another very cold day here. I was out relatively early for a haircut then to the library and finally Trader Joe’s for a few things. I was mostly searching for something to take to the book club social tomorrow evening. Then home again to put everything away. Since then I have been hacking through tiny tasks and organizing for the week ahead. I seem to get swamped in little stuff, changing batteries in a flashlight, copying important files over to a separate drive, cleaning out and organizing plastic and paper bags, printing out coupons, and some reports. Cleaning up email and contacting a company about getting a replacement for a user’s manual.

I am fairly well lined up for tomorrow. Mah Jongg cards (both the new one and last year’s in case our 4th player has not received hers yet), list of books to discuss at the book club social and a treat to take along. Need to make a list for a stop at Walgreens. Need to decide when to leave in the morning to get to the new April Tai Chi class. Some road construction will mean more time needed.

I also got an updated report from 23andMe which says I have 6 close family to second cousins in the 23andMe database. 990 third to fourth cousins! Oh my. The largest portion of my ancestry composition according to them is British and Irish (they don’t break it down any further).

Well Patsy and Anne, I will look forward to hearing of your tea parties if you end up in the same neighborhood. :) One never knows!

Well, I’d best get back to work. It is recycling and trash day tomorrow so must take full advantage of my bins.

Hugs.

Lin the Frozen
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My chocolate Easter egg is consumed so I'm not going near my scales for a few days! It was delicious and very moreish which is why it disappeared in one sitting. :)
    This morning George and I joined Scruff and her mum in the woods for a walk and I commented that the wood anemones are a month late since it was March a year ago I put together that little video of us walking across the fields with the dogs. It does finally feel warmer today so we can hope Spring is finally showing her face.
    The installers from the company that built my garden room are here to check where the rain water came in and also why the door doesn't always lock. I've admitted it might be because my hands aren't as strong as they used to be but even so that shouldn't stop the key turning all the way round. There's certainly lots of sealant being run round the edges which will hopefully solve any leakage problem.

Sandy ~ I hope you were dressed up for the Medieval evening with a long flowing skirt to mop the floor, drank wine from goblets and eat with your fingers. LOL Lovely to read you are having a great time being a party animal!!

Anne ~ I don't know why but I struggled with The Child in Time even with the wonderful Benedict in the lead role because it felt as important as the subject was it somehow lacked soul as the finale rushed towards us with a sort of let's have a happy ending and all move on..... here comes that grumpy old woman again!!
    It must be the seal sanctuary at Gweek you saw which I did visit once about 35 years ago. It has expanded extensively since then and they do a wonderful job rescuing injured pups especially after big storms have crashed along the coast. Last year after a particularly bad storm it was thought hundreds of them had been killed and washed out to sea but a few days later most were found minus their mums in the next cove and any that could be returned uninjured were transported back by volunteers and reunited while the rest were taken to the sanctuary. Perhaps that was the story you saw.

Patsy ~ What you call your yard is probably more of a field by my standards so I'm sure Katie gets to run off some energy whereas any larger dog in my home would need double the walk George often enjoys. I can tell from descriptions she is just another hippy in the household so little chance of that horrible word “training” being introduced but you never know, she may calm down once she gets a bit older. George also enjoys visitors so I sometimes think he must get bored with me!! He's being good at the moment while the workmen run sealant everywhere, just the occasional barking! Jobs to be completed or even started are the bane of my life since the list never gets shorter..... always full of enthusiasm when an idea forms then the practicalities slow me right up. You'll know that feeling.

Buzz ~ Oh no, another good friend gone, I'm so sorry. It's not something to ever get used to is it. Could your sink drain be connected to a main system for many apartments so you're getting someone's backed up water finding an easy route to you? Hopefully maintenance will work it out.

Lin ~ Busy, busy bee, always on the go. 23AndMe isn't something I've heard of but assume it has something to do with family trees. Where to start is always the big question but I was lucky a cousin who was housebound with Parkinsons spent several years researching ours. Of course being American your ancestors will most certainly have originated somewhere in Europe so at least Britain and the Republic of Ireland are relatively small. It's a fascinating subject whether just a surface is scratched or huge crater dug!!

The workmen have now left having explained the door was sticking, probably settled after first installation and the direction of the rain that came in probably sent it into a window drain. Anyway they've capped and sealed where they think the problem is and with a 10 year guarantee I can afford to wait for the next rare southerly wind!!

Time to get on with one of the many jobs waiting for my attention.
    Jackie

• linder4866
    Options
    Good cold, wet morning. Off I go!! :D

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs.

Lin