Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am up a bit early. Not sure I can keep my eyes open. Katie and John are still tucked in. Katie sleeps on her tuffet with a blanket and a little pillow. She is such a busy-body, she has to follow me into our living room. I am enjoying my hot water and lemon before I decide what’s next Katie has relocated to her living room tuffet.

It is still dark, so I cannot tell what our weather is to be. Hope for a spring day with some sun.

The big data breach has made everyone very careful. So many people have opted out. What a strange scary world we live in.

Cannot keep my eyes open. I guess it is best to go back to bed for a few minutes.
    Patsy
  • Jacean1935
    Jacean1935 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's always the same isn't it. I was expecting a tax refund. The things I was going to do with that refund! Uh uh, no way.
    Today my washer broke down. Unrepairable. Tomorrow I go looking for a new machine.
    Grrrrrrrrrrr! BUT at least I've got a small refund to put towards the cost!
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,117 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    My post did not post! This IPad drives me crazy! Will be back tomorrow on my computer.
  • Sandydur
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The kids went out so I am on computer. They were supposed to leave today to go to Michigan but there is a big snow storm there and also in Minnesota so they are staying with me an extra night. We had a great time at Medieval Times and no Jackie I did not wear a long skirt but we did the rest. Our knight got to the final match and then insulted the queen so his last battle he was killed. Chauvinist deserved it!! lol

Well, I cannot add an image for some reason so again I am frustrated. Think I will go take a nap.

Sandy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Whew. I was at least pleased about most of my lab test and BP was 125/75, which is way down from around 165, until I was greeted by a friend who asked if I had heard our friend Butch had just passed on! That's the 2nd friend in 2 days, and his wife died less than a month ago! Both were more than 10 years younger than me, and it is so sad! I guess I should truly count my blessings except it feels lonely without these dear people! I'd better get down to his family.
    <3:'( Buzz
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Not sure if I can post photos of the anniversary flowers John gave me. I will again.
    Patsy
  • Jacean1935
    Options
    Beautiful PATSY. John obviously thinks you are more than worth them and loves you very much. Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,173 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous flowers, so colorful and exotic!! Just right. How lovely Patsy.

Buzz, I am sorry that you’re enduring so many losses. <3<3<3<3<3

Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    For about an hour this morning we thought Spring had arrived but now the sun has disappeared and angry black clouds head this way! The walk in the woods was muddy but the anemones are well on their way so I think by next week the carpet will be complete.

Coffee on the go then some housework..... exciting times LOL.

Jackie

PS Beautiful flowers Patsy; what a thoughtful hubby you have!
  • Jacean1935
    Options
    Not much from me this morning as I have to go out early and look at washing machines. Early because I have a parcel delivery hopefully after lunch.
    Then I have to try and convince the original professional grass cutters and snow removers to reinstall me as a customer.
    See you all later,
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Everyone seems quite busy today. I need to run off to Tai Chi in a few minutes. It is decidedly cold. Wind chill around 1 degree F. Upcoming days, cold, skiffs of snow so I am not enamoured with the week’s forecast.

Book club was interesting last night. Many people describing books they’d read and enjoyed. Didn’t get home until after 9pm which is late for book club. :D

Anne, many tasks on your list today. I hope you find a suitable washing machine. I need to buy a set soon I am sure so I will be tracking your journey to a new laundry!

Jackie, Spring is playing hide and go seek with us. I do not find it amusing. Harrumph.

Hugs to all. Hi Sandy, Buzz, Patsy, Marie, Jeri, Diane, Chris and apologies to anyone I have missed.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Happy birthday Shirley. I don’t know if you deactivated your MFP account so just in case.

Lin
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Foggy and cold here as well...the yearning for spring has me grumpy and wanting to get my pot gardens going on the deck. I believe I can do a bit of flower planting this year. Katie is a Teny-tiny bit settled down.

I will be doing a bit of amazon shopping over coffee Then I need to brush dear Katie, and the usual clean up. John has a lunch date with his old college pal, I am looking at a Bowl of soup and a date with the vacuum and dust cloth! I agree it sounds exciting and noteworthy.

Still thinking about the event we had last week. Local authors were challenged to write short stories or poems about or taking place in a library. Copies were for sale and it was a fundraiser for our local library. It also featured a used book sale and bake sale. Huge turn out including hundreds of children. There was a lively book exchange among the young mothers. It was lovely to see the kids so eager to get books and read them. I participated as much as I could. My twisted knee kept me from spending the whole day strolling about chatting. I have a compression support thing on my knee it helps but I have to intersperse sitting and being on my feet. Hope the doctor will stop clicking his tongue and mentioning the words “knee replacement!”

Spring where are you?
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) My granddaughter is on her way home. I picked up the tax papers from Babe's SIL while they were sleeping which they did until 11:30. After they left I went to Babe's and got our tax papers and then drove a half hour to deliver them to the accountant. I am in the process of washing all the bedding and towels and I am going to bingo tonight. Let's just say I love my granddaughter but it is nice to have my house back to myself. Being OCD is not good when other people are not. lol

Patsy, I am sorry I am late but Happy Anniversary!!

I am trying to catch up on several things including how to sell a couple of fur coats that I have and all the hundreds of beanie babies. Not sure any of it is worth anything but will give it a try.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Spring has sprung and the sun is shining in a wall to wall blue sky. It makes everyone feel brighter and cheerful so long may it last. Our morning walk in the woods was extended beyond and across the open fields including a stop off at the river for the dogs to chase sticks and stones. In an adjacent field there's a flock of endangered breed sheep that are producing the most delightful lambs that look half goat. Their coats are a gorgeous chocolate colour so we think they are bred for their wool rather than meat. They don't seem scared of the dogs, in fact one mum with twin lambs walked towards Scruff as she barked through the wire fence and scared her away which made us laugh.

Unfortunately it does look like my bees succumbed to the Beast from the East with its bitterly cold winds and snow because there is no sign of any in flight which they would naturally be doing on a day like today. A beekeeping newsletter informs us that losses of colonies are high because of the awful weather we had so at least I don't feel I did anything wrong, in fact I tried all I could to keep them going with sugar candy to supplement their food stores. When I took up beekeeping I was warned it can be difficult especially since keeping any wild creature in captivity goes against their natural instincts and over time I've learned bees will do what they want however hard you try!!

Anne ~ My washing machine is grumbling in the background as I do a load of George's muddy towels and wonder if you managed to find one to suit your needs? Mine is close to end of life but it will hopefully see me beyond the cruise so I won't have to splash out just yet.

Patsy ~ Your library fundraising event sounds great and isn't it terrific that children are still interested in books in spite of all the techi items in their lives. It's just a matter of introducing them to stories that get them hooked then it's a lifelong interest.

Lin ~ Sorry to read your weather isn't improving much but Spring surely can't be too far away for you either!!

Sandy ~ Like you I love having company come and stay but also enjoy clearing up and getting my home back as well as routine. Glad you had such a good time with them though. I sometimes wish we did our own tax returns in Britain because I often query the figures the tax office comes up with but of course they always tell me they are correct then months later I get a small refund which makes me think they don't know what they're doing!!

No Buzz this morning so I do hope all is fine for her, maybe just busy and tired and for once didn't stay up half the night!

Last load of washing to go out on the line then I'm travelling a few miles to a garden centre to look for a birthday present for my friend.

Hopefully the sun shines on all my Sneaker friends too. B)
    Jackie

• Jacean1935
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Alas no JACKIE, dreadful winds yesterday. Rubbish flying through the air along with trees and branches. Mike wore his ear muffs! We've just woken up to snow on the roof tops!
    I did buy a washing machine with my yet to arrive overpaid to the government taxes. The washer arrives tomorrow and because me being somewhat advanced in Years I bought a very simple floor model at a very simple price. With delivery and removal of old machine the cost is not quite $900. I was quite peeved having to buy one so late in life, and told the salesman my age. He took pity and led me to this simple top loader after showing me all the complicated stuff of $1300 and up, BEFORE delivery charges etc. I didn't want to wait 3 weeks for delivery either!
    It's just a Whirlpool, and we will see. Wash day sometime tomorrow after arrival!
    Mark takes off for Chicago tomorrow SANDY for a 4 day convention.
    Well, breakfast beckons so all for now,
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    I can't say I didn't notice the big white blob over the weather presenter's shoulder indicating snow in your area Anne but didn't like to spout what my neighbours' call my doom and gloom predictions!! Visiting the garden centre this afternoon I spent a few minutes in the shop having walked in from a sunny car park but then stepped outside amongst the plants and froze because the wind had picked up..... hopefully no more snow though!! There are also daily white blobs over Norway so the scenery should be stunning even if cold.
    Simple is best with most equipment these days as it means less to go wrong plus I never use the majority of settings on my washing machine, an Indesit which doesn't seem to have a spin only button without going through a whole rinse cycle first but I can wash trainers if I feel the need.... a sign of the times I suppose!

Since George got left behind while I shopped I'll take him round the village for 20 minutes.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Had a nice win at bingo with winning a $200 pull tab and split a $100 bingo game. It goes right into my saving envelope for Hawaii. Life is back to normal and today is my meeting so I hope the snow predicted doesn't come until after I am home. I know we are all sick of our weather, a little sunshine with some warm days would do us all some good.

Anne, has Mark ever been to Chicago? If not he will fall in love with it as most visitors do.
    Congrats on the new washer, mine has bells and whistles but now that I know my landlady was planning on moving back in here that is why she probably bought the better set.

Jackie, oh no, I am sorry the bees didn't make it through the winter. Is it possible they flew away or are still hibernating? As you can tell I know nothing about bees other than I am afraid of them. The chocolate sheep sound beautiful, would they make coats of their coats? (pun intended)

I better get moving, so have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Hello dear sneakers! Today is rainy and a bit cold. I think this weather has me in a mood for some sort of self gratification. Very dangerous! Shopping? Baking? Eating? Spring fever and ready for a change.

I see tiny green leaves/buds on the elderberry Bush. The deer family that nibbles everything is enjoying breakfast, lunch and early dinner as they “prune” the various bushes and flowers we carefully plant for their enjoyment. If I didn’t love those beautiful creatures I would teach Katie to chase them away. Now she just sits on the back deck and calmly watches as they nibble.

Anne: the new washer will be great. I really love mine. It is true the extra features are rarely used. But I love knowing I have a solid machine that is up for the task of Katie,’s many muddy towels, John’s work clothes and my painting clothes. We are big into laundry around here.

Jackie: I have also read about the serious loss of pollinators. It is almost a criminal offense to harm a bee around here. Like Sandy, I am terrified of them. I give them a lot of space when they are buzzing around various bushes etc. no argument from me...I get it! These blossoms are yours!

Sandy: big cities scare me. I love the concerts, plays and museums available but I get lost so easily. There is a romantic reputation concerning Chicago. Even though John would never admit it, he gets lost easily as well. When we go to Portland we follow our sons directions to get where we want to go. Otherwise we would just drive aimlessly around getting nowhere.

Help me! I have everything I need to bake brownies. That could be a huge disaster.
    Patsy