Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,267 Member
    edited July 2018
    Happy Sunday! :) I am going to 11:15 mass so short on time again. I did go to my friend's farm and we ended the night going to dinner. When I got home Bryanna and her friends were here so I stayed up too late playing games with them. I am going to be tired today. It is a rainy day again so unless the sun makes an appearance no pool. I will stop and see Babe and Daisy after mass.

Anne, I am so glad you stopped ignoring me, you must have hit that button by mistake, I don't think MFP singles people out to harass. Whatever the case I am glad you see me!! I am also glad to hear Jilly is feeling better.

Jackie, the first thing I thought of when you mentioned ratatouille was the movie. lol Enjoy the sunshine and the garden in those sexy shorts.

Buzz, yes, little Charlie has squeezable cheeks. The boys seem to be happy with her.
    sqovbj3dtxgo.jpg
    I am glad you persisted and got your new computer fixed, don't mess with seniors.

Lin, don't you just love when the doctors say it comes with getting older. I hear that a lot lately and it doesn't make me happy. At least it should clear up and that is good news.

Patsy, my ex husband had a diabetic ulcer on his foot for years, he changed doctors and they made him wear a boot to keep pressure off of his foot and it healed. Just a thought.

Have a wonderful day dear sneakers and please don't ignore me ever again. (just kidding)

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Anne1935
    Anne1935 Posts: 277 Member
    Honest SANDY I didn't press any buttons until I noticed it and it said something like press to un-ignore AND it's the first time I've looked at your profile where the button is! Or anybody else's for that matter.
    Didn't even know there WAS a button to ignore folk! (Now if there was just a button to ignore leaders of nations, lol.) Nothing will convince me it wasn't MFP after they altered the way I get in. I have been getting in just by pressing the community button and going straight to The Sneakers, but, now I have to go through a long list of other peoples stuff and once in, it's no longer the much larger print unless one manually enlarges it. Wish I could explain better because I think everyone else has always been getting in, in this less efficient way. And .........I've just caught up!

I'm busy cooking bean soup. Smells wonderful on a rainy cooler day.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited July 2018
    Did someone say bean soup? Yum.
    I keep losing the internet and dropping phone calls today, so I guess Comcast is having trouble for a change! Must have a bite to hold down hunger as we are having a Murder Mystery Dinner in our Auditorium tonight and I don't want to be starving! My DD called to say she'd finally like to visit sometime in August, and plans to drive down alone from Richmond, Virginia! That concerns me, as she wants to do it in ONE DAY! She also mentioned the internet is going crazy now that something in the way of control or de-control has been passed; I forget what the new law was! But not in our interest!
    Gotta run...
    <3 Buzz
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hello wonderful sneakers! Sunny warm day today. I opened a smallish watermelon and scooped up the flesh into melon balls. They are now chilling in the frig for desserts for lunch and dinner. John will turn his nose up but I suspect he will eat a few.

I just did a large iPad update...took a couple of hours and I had to wait a long time for it to load up then click to activate the update. Wow! What a difference. I wonder, Anne, if you have a update waiting to be loaded in? This one fixed a lot of bugs. Keep in mind, I am no expert. John has to remind me really often to clear my history and empty my trash, close all the windows by pulling them up from the bottom.

Sandy: you are right about off-loading to heal a diabetic ulcer. I have used a boot from time to time. The babies are so sweet. I loved being a mom. We did so many crafts and adventures and story time. It is a mystery to me that our son is and still very adamant about not wanting a child. The odd thing is, he is so good with kids. They love him. He plays great games with them. He is the big kid in the family.

Jackie: funny about your recipe. I make mine with eggplant. John loves the little Japanese eggplants. I never thought of making it a sort of pasta sauce. It was a family favorite. We also served it over meatballs. Great filling dinner for a hungry teenaged boy. Our son, Damon, was a bottomless pit. There was no filling him up.

Lin: I know Sunday is always a busy day for you. I sort of really miss those days when we attended church regularly. It seemed to start the week off on a positive note. The kids always complained because they wanted to sleep in. However, I think they felt the same way. John reluctantly came with us, but not regularly. Life changes, we adapt.

Today I am brushing my little fur baby and continuing my search for a lovely Hawaiian quilt, some time in the dungeon. Do I have a exciting life...or what?
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,360 Member
    Awwwwww, another fantastic picture Sandy. Such beautiful children. I hope you had a good visit with Babe and Daisy and that you get some rest after staying up too late playing games. We have no rain here. Everything is totally dried up around here. And that is funny the movie is the first thing Imthought of as well,when Ratatouille was mentioned. Haaaaaa.

Anne, rain for you as well? I am feeling picked on now! Yum for bean soup. I ordered more of that delicious allergen friendly chili. I love it. I could eat some each and every day. Although folks around me might be less than thrilled. Hello Jilly.

Buzz, I hope DD will have safe travels but I am afraid you will have to let her do it her way. Will she stay a while? Net neutrality was repealed so companies can play favorites with who gets bandwidth. I was apppalled by that action. Argh. Enjoy the murder mystery.

Patsy, it is nice to have a day set aside for church. I enjoy getting together, the hymns, scripture reading and catching up with everyone. I know many people find it nicer to sleep in but hey, I do longer work so I can sleep in another day of the week.

I have my five cards ready to mail tomorrow. Off early for a haircut in the morning. I got some online banking finished this afternoon. Looking forward to Endeavor this evening.

Hugs my friends. Fewer lightning flashes today but many more nasty looking red veins in my eyes. Argh. Come on eyes, be good!

Lin

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Hello All,

Time gets away on me for sure. So glad to see you all.

Sandy congratulations. What a sweetheart.

Ed and I have been going non stop. We’ve been camping, visited my sister in Washington State and up to the community near where my Dad grew up in. We visited a distant cousin who was visiting from Sweden. We had lunch at a 2nd cousin’s place who is deaf and dumb. I was worried about communicating but we had no troubles.

Unfortunately I had a bladder infection and the ciproflaxin I took caused my heel and Achilles’ tendon to flare up. I’m struggling to get in 5,000 steps. Darn.

We had a nice 70th BD Party for me a week ago. Lots of work but great fun.
    Can’t believe I’ve turned 70.

Best wishes to you all

Jeri
  • Anne1935
    edited July 2018
    Hello everyone, and a big hello to JERI.
    We've had a mass shooting in downtown Toronto. Young woman dead and the gunman. 14 injured. Unheard of just a few years ago. Our safe and pleasant way of life is changing. People out in the cafes and restaurants on what was a very mild summer evening. Unlikely it would have affected Derek, but still, I was very glad Derek was at his parents house here, picking Hobbes up after his vacation rather than out downtown near his shared apartment and having a meal with his friends.
    Michael was over here as well

So, that will be plastered on the TV and newspapers today. I shall keep my nose to the grindstone and avoid.

Thanks for the link SANDY, big help.

Bye everyone,
    Annie.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,360 Member
    Oh Toronto. So sorry for the madness. I saw a video clip of the gunman strolling down the street seemingly casually firing into restaurants.

I am glad your family is safe Anne. <3

Insanity abounds. :'(:'(:'(

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    This morning I met a friend I don't see too often and we decided to walk with George across the moors. A low mist kept us cool and George had a great time doing zoomies and playing king of the castle on high points when we paused for a flask of coffee. The mist has now lifted and although we have a health warning for high temperatures in the UK Cornwall is a pleasant 24c so I'll crack on with jobs outdoors.

Nowhere is safe today from madmen wanting to kill for who knows what reason and we've had a dreadful incident at the weekend when a 3 year old had acid thrown over him... 4 men arrested! The world has gone crazy but then if those in charge don't lead by example what can we expect?

Great to see a busy Jeri dropping in. :)

Time to get busy myself so will wish everyone a safe and pleasant Monday. I can hear one of my hens shouting she just laid an egg so I'll begin with collecting that!
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Happy Monday! :) The sun is out which makes for a pleasant day. Laundry is started and the handyman is coming this afternoon to finally put up my fan/light in the kitchen and replace the broken ceiling light in my hall. All I need to do after that is find someone to fix my fireplace, have the landlord fix a few little things and I will be completely done. I do like this place better than the other so the old landlady did me a favor by moving back into the other unit. God works in mysterious ways!!

Jeri, good to hear from you and keeping busy keeps you young. Sorry about the flareup, I hope you feel better soon.

Jackie, did your hen actually yell to you, I laid an egg? Just kidding, what sound do they make when laying an egg and why? Is it painful? I know nothing about country life. When I was at my friend's farm on Saturday they were telling me the process of bringing cattle to slaughter and I got so upset I thought about becoming a vegetarian for about a minute.

Lin, the world certainly has changed but I refuse to give up and have to believe there are more good people in this world than bad.

Anne, glad the link helped, it is how I get on the sneakers. I am glad your boys were no where near the shooting and are both safe.

Patsy, I am going to Hawaii next March for my grandson's wedding, I could probably find you a quilt. lol

Have a great wonderful day and stay safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Sandy, yes she did!! Here's a link to an American hen doing just that so she probably has the right accent for you too!! LOL Every egg gets announced by my chooks.... it's a bit noisy at times!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXF8KjlCZXY

Jackie
  • Anne1935
    edited July 2018
    Gosh JACKIE, Jilly was dozing on the sofa and you've never seen a dog leap to her feet to examine the iPad closely. Then she started barking, can you hear her over there! We won't be purchasing a farm in the near future even if we could!
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    That's very funny Anne, your little Jilly has a terrier's heart! When I looked for the you tube video and first played it George ran into the garden thinking my hens were outside... he'd love to catch one!!
    Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    The technician just left after spending 4 hours taking my laptop apart, replacing the Touchpad deck, and figuring out how to put it all together again! Now I know why Dell was reluctant to fix the thing!
    Back from dinner later!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    pinkperil wrote: »
    Sandy, yes she did!! Here's a link to an American hen doing just that so she probably has the right accent for you too!! LOL Every egg gets announced by my chooks.... it's a bit noisy at times!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXF8KjlCZXY

Jackie[/quot

Funniest thing I have ever seen and heard.....thank you Jackie.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Hi back Everyone. I looked back and couldn’t believe how long it’s been.

Sandy, glad your new place is working out for you. Your trip to Hawaii will be lots of fun. I’ve only been once but we had a great time.

Jackie - I had no idea hens did that. Loved the video.

Buzz - more computer problems. How frustrating for you.

Lin - the shooting in Toronto is awful. How scary.

Anne - I laughed out dog about Jilly’s reaction to the video.

I spent a big part of the day throwing out stuff out of the deep freeze. Frozen fruit that was too old, old frozen veggies, packages of hamburgers well past the due date. Etc, etc. packages of half used chicken nuggets bought for grandkids. Between the upright deep freeze in the basement and the sections in my spare fridge and the kitchen fridge, I came up with quite a haul.

I may have a little more for next Week’s garbage pickup as well.

And from my garden.

myzx0eh8svna.jpeg

Jeri

• delraybuzz
    A bit of excitement after dinner; 2 of my friends, (one who already lives in the "memory care" center) were sitting and walking near one of our pools when the smaller one fell and hit her head on the cement. Their niece , who moved here to be available to them, had gone out to dinner, Dora's in the special area for people with memory loss.
    I meant to post before dinner but glad I didn't as I see my thoughts for JERI never got written. It was CIPRO that gave me this life long condition in my legs, the Lipodermatosclerosis ! That Cipro is the most dangerous medication I have evr taken and I try to warn everyone not to accept it, because you can take it seemingly safely a number of times, and then out of the blue, have reactions like JERI and I have had. There are safer antibiotics!
    <3 Buzz
  • Anne1935
    BUZZ, Sounds like the medication I took a few years back which caused small veins to expand and burst which resulted in a tremendous nose bleed, the band of blindness I've still got and the now cleared up red patches from broken veins in my legs. I'm sorry to keep bleating about this but it was the most awful thing and I wish I could remember the name of the medication. It was to lower blood pressure. I think doctors prescribe these drugs to all and sundry and don't take into account individual genetic makeup. For instance my thin skinned, gingery type compared to an olive skinned Mediterranean person. Hard to describe what I mean. Aging changes our body makeup as well. The long and the short I avoid all medication apart from the odd anvil and take my chances as is. It must be five years or more now and I'm still here despite the doctors warning, but she isn't still here in MY life.

Haven't seen a doctor since. Jill and I spend more time at the vets getting nail trims - her, lol. Talking of which did you read people are falling ill in China from faulty preventive rabies injections? Honestly, between chemists, doctors and politicians only the fittest survive! And that's in peacetime!

Having got that off my chest, we met Janice and Amy yesterday. Janice was in shock having just left the vet surgery $800 poorer. Poor little Thailand rescued Amy has heart problems. She's the sweetest faced little dog and Jilly's best friend. I think Janice has spent almost $3000 this year at the vets. Fortunately she works from home part time typing to supplement her pension. She's ten years younger than me and can't see full time retirement in her future.

It's still sticky and humid here. I've decided the garden will have to wait until fall for weeding and cutting a way through the bush. I have no idea if the humming birds are still out there, so thanks for the lovely photos JERI.

And I will cluck off avoiding egg laying chicken videos.....and all buttons!
    Annie.
  • Anne1935
    Just read JACKIE, black cats are suffering heat stroke in UK. Black pups, here! I have to keep the Bean in except early morning, late evening, when the moskies come out!