Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,267 Member
    Happy Friday!! :) Even though it was a long ride in rush hour traffic my dinner with friends was great. Coming home it was better but still a long ride. Today is our 27th wedding anniversary (please no congratulations) and we were together 13 years before we got married so a total of 40 years. We separated at 21 years but since we are legally separated we are still married. We of course are not celebrating and even though I have a card for him, I will probably wait until tomorrow after church. I thought about going to visit the kiddos but I might just stay home since I am seeing them Sunday. We will see.

Jackie, yes I agree, I am glad there are no more animals, seeing some videos of how they train them broke my heart. There will be plenty of exciting acts for them to see and I am sure they will love it. As far as weight I have done the same thing and yes it seems every year we go back to square one. I am three pounds from my goal weight but would prefer to lose 5 so we can encourage each other once again.

Lin, I say go for it all, visit all the stores and get yourself something you love. With you being on the go all the time and eating so healthy you have no problem maintaining your weight.
    If I remember right, which would be something, I think you lost a lot of weight and never looked back.

Buzz, congratulations on the weight loss, I am glad someone is losing. Nice job on the volley ball game as well, you are a star. I am having some numbness in my hands as well and I think it is from the mouse I am using. It goes away but can be annoying.

Patsy, I too, am sorry about your friend, what a tragic accident.

Anne, any news about returning to our fold?

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne32
    Gawanne32 Posts: 202 Member
    Hello!!!! It's me!! You will recognize The Bean!
    I am exhausted. Don't know when Mike will be back or at least visiting the Bean and I - so I thought I'd have a go myself. It took forever!!!
    Read all your messages. Super posts. However, must do something in the way of cooking, walking the Bean etc, collecting the mail, and clearing my head !
    Now, just hope I don't get anymore foul adverts!
    Talk again later.....IF I've done everything correctly.
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Dear fans, just remember what I play is SEATED volleyball; and yes, I'm on the team this time! I look forward to a few moments to read JACKIE's contribution, as The Great One's followers mimic his observation that it's a fake book! Speaking of apoplexy, someone booed my favorite writer/speaker the other night. The Great One's followers have as many manners as he does!
    Gotta get ready, but hugs to all!
    <3 Buzz

...........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!........................
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Woo! All that news about the terrors of hurricanes in the Carolinas just about scared me silly. I am Irish! I love drama and trauma, it is in my DNA.

I will be doing some cleaning of the kitchen drawers. How does crumbs and “stuff” get into the drawer with clean spoons and forks etc? Leprechauns dining in the middle of the night?

Well, Anne! Welcome back. Ah hemmm! Some of your pet spiders are making webs on the ceiling and I have a nasty bite on my knee. Call them home please. Seriously, so glad you are back with us again.

I called my doctor about using CBD oil and while chatting I complained about how hard it is to lose weight now. He said he was most concerned that I exercise every muscle and lift light weights daily. He said for his geriatric patients he recommended dedicated strength training. Watch the meat and sugar consumption. WHAT? Geriatric patients? Where? When I get a haircut, buy makeup, eyeglasses, or eat a restaurant, or go to my doctor, everything starts with the phrase...as you age...at your age...boo!

Katie is bringing in leaves and sticks these days. I am thinking of a new living room rug in just the right shade of mud brown. I don’t have to clean what I can’t see.

The Apple tree is full of red apples again. The deer are here daily and several raccoons stop by for lunch. Katie just goes crazy barking endlessly. My ears are ringing from her very loud bark. This girl has a large chest cavity to bark for hours it seems.
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Hi my dear friends
  • jwubben6600
    Hello Marie! Not sure if you remember me. I had just started posting before you took a break from MFP. Hope you and your husband are well and how is your sweet little dog?
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    edited September 2018
    Wow oh Wow! How special that our ANNE (and her jelly bean) are back and MARIE drops by to let us know she knows we care! Glad I checked in before getting to bed!
    I went to JACKIE's link and ended up printing the 4 page review of Woodward's "FEAR". OMG, (the)" occupant of the Oval Office who sucks the life out of his subordinates"; that's his description he gives of the man who believes power means governing through FEAR! By the way, the actual review link is simply a tiny paragraph in the left margin of the main article about Woodward himself, which is quite interesting!
    Are any of you actually tracking your daily intake on MFP? I'm not thrilled with the latest WW Point system, which I'm finding too lenient and confusing for me to track! I recall doing fairly well on MFP, but now the tracking seems a huge chore. So I would appreciate any comments. I have surpassed my 1st goal and working hard on reaching the 2nd of at least 4 or 5 more goals, if that's possible, and somehow I'm finding WW's tracking daunting! It's as if all I'm eating is zero points, and that makes no sense to me!
    I hope all the itching is under control, and everyone is feeling well. Hugs to all of you!
    <3 Buzz
    ..........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!........................
  • delraybuzz
    Somehow I missed SANDY's post, and though we can't say congratulations, I must mention how lucky BABE is to have you in his life. You still care, and still take care of him as though he had not made a stupid choice some years ago, and you are just too generously decent to carry a grudge for the way he treated you! So I'll congratulate you on finding your compromise and your "freedom" at the same time you have kept your serenity intact! Please excuse my scrambled English!!!
    I missed our dear LIN somehow, also. My MFP appears to be coming into my computer in dribs and drabs!
    <3 Buzz
    ..........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!........................
  • Gawanne32
    Good early morning everybody, and a specially good morning to MARIE, who introduced me to the sneakers all those years ago and thus widened my horizons no end with all the different lifestyles we live and yet are all just gals together when it all boils down. I've had so many transformations since in the form of new nom de plumes and pets that it's hard to believe I'm once again the new girl on my second day, lol. I hope finally, everything settles down in the 'me mucking things up on iPads dept' etc.

Well, after a hot, humid summer and Anne sitting on her behind in the gardening dept I managed to put on another 2lbs so it's back to the drawing board for me. I've never tried weigh watchers, but BUZZ you seem to be doing enviably well with them. I echo your sentiments offered to SANDY! Actually I would have been married 62 years round about the same date if the husband of the day hadn't found another and puff he was gone. I've remained happily single ever since and apart from a few encounters have had a rather exciting life until now when I settle down to old age contentment. I believe Michael is driving the 7 hours home today so The Bean and I should get to see him tomorrow and glean all the news concerning my love of days long gone.

PATSY, what's all this about our Katie having a haircut from a scissor wielding John? I think your spiders have packed their suitcases, crossed the border with other two legged immigrants and are arriving here on our doorstep.

Darling LIN, busy as ever and making her beautiful cards to delight everyone and especially me who so enjoys viewing them.

JACKIE as well, having a well deserved happy, gossipy week with PAT her friend. You two DO look happy in that lovely pub! Despite the dear little kiddies! Actually, they added to the fun if only in the form of "I'm glad they are not related to US!" Bet George and the Puss cats are relieved as well.

Well, despite being the new girl on the block, the letters are still bouncing as I type (is that you Jackie? Typing at the same time and having the same old problem.)

So I'm off whilst the goings good!
    Hugs from us, Anne and Jilly Bean.

• Gawanne32
    BUZZ, just back from our morning walk and I was wondering if you have considered carrying on with WW whilst simultaneously logging your calories with MFP. It could be rather interesting to see how the WW numbers match up with your calorie intake, say 1200 calories a day. I'd be really interested anyway. I'm back to tracking with MFP. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Anne. X.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,360 Member
    edited September 2018
    Good morning

So pleased Anne is back! Wahoo!

Marie, wonderful to see you my friend. <3<3

Patsy, yes, it is a mystery how bits and pieces of things end up in such improbable places. Good luck in sorting it out. I have called Uncle and have given up. A loaded apple tree? Sounds delightful. Maybe Katie will give up on sticks and such and switch to apples for a season. On the farm, our 3 dogs loved to fetch apples, play keep away with them and eventually they would sit down and crunch them down. Never too many though. Apparently the game wasn’t that good!

Buzz, lots of work to play volleyball while seated. I have done seated Tai Chi and it is harder than the standing version. Good for you.

Yesterday was a completely lovely day. Great Tai Chi class, found my way through the road construction to the Science Center. Met my friend there with a surprise, her husband came along. He had the day off as well and when he heard I had never been there, he came along to make sure I saw all the great things he enjoys! We were there for hours playing with soap bubbles, legos, videos, rockets, and more. Very nice. I can see why people with young children purchase annual passes.

Then another change of plans due to road construction and I ended up at the Art Center. I did lots of looking. Special exhibit of women at work. Then kind of fun to watch the unboxing of a new exhibit. And the wooden boxes smelled heavenly.

Finally I spent some time in the gallery with my current obsession. “Automat” by Edward Hopper. I see a little something extra or different each time I spend time there. I was focusing on the rows of lights of the automat reflected in the window and the lack of other details. I was enjoying myself until a guard walked over and said another guard told her that the solitary woman has had her eyes poked out. Totally unsettled me. I guess everyone sees something different. That wouldn’t ever have come up for me though. Hummm. Another gallery had “Metaphysical Landscape” by Jean Dubuffet. I really was hooked on the texture. Neat but a loaner rather than a part of the permanent collection.

So I had a very good day. Today I am moving slowly. Must clean up more for the electricians on Monday and must figure out what I will take to the little art show and if something needs a frame, I had better figure it out. That is a week from Monday. I saw do not wait to panic. Start early. Haaaa.

Wishing everyone well.

Hugs.

Lin

• Sandydur
    Happy Saturday! :) I did go to Babe's yesterday to bring him some oatmeal and my card. He apologized for not having a card for me but it was fine, I prefer he didn't drive with his dizziness. I rode the bike and posted calories but unfortunately MFP wouldn't post my calories since I was under 1200. I skipped lunch yesterday so will try to do better today. The scale did show a loss but I think that was a water loss from the dinner at the restaurant the night before. Anyway I am determined to lose the extra weight and exercise.

Lin, what a fun filled day with friends and wonderful exhibits. I have forgotten why the electricians are coming, would you remind me?

Anne, so good to have you back, you have more alias than anyone I know. lol Too bad I didn't know your anniversary was around the same time, we could have felt sorry for ourselves together but just briefly, since we are both better off alone with our wonderful children.

Buzz, I have returned to recording my calories but I do not worry about calories just the carbs. MFP won't let me just do carbs without paying for the premium membership which I won't do.
    As Anne said it is interesting to see how many calories versus carbs. You have done well on WW so why quit now? Do both and see which you like better. Thank you for your kind words and yes I do think I am right were God wants me to be.

Patsy, Marie is our founder, she started the whole Sneakers Group.

Marie, so good to see a post from you, hope all is well. We all love and miss you.

Jackie, must be busy outside before the rain comes.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• jwubben6600
    Oh darn! I had my post ready to go and Katie jumped up on me to request a quick game of ball...dropped the iPad and the post went to internet outer space.
    Later dear ones,
    Patsy
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited September 2018
    Got it in one Sandy, my day was spent outside where my nice neighbour was also so we could combine forces to attack the hedges that run along our respective boundaries. First thing a lively walk on the sunny moors, just George and me. It took most of the day to finish the hedge trimming while my neighbour's partner built a bonfire to burn the cuttings and George ran from one property to the other getting under everyone's feet or as he would tell us, supervising! My back and hips were complaining terribly by the time we finished and I just managed to stand long enough under my shower before preparing smoked mackerel salad and a large mug of tea.
    This evening I was enjoying a BBC documentary about the life of Princess Margaret but fell asleep only to be woken by George barking at who knows what! What I did see was rather sympathetic towards her in the position she found herself as she seemed to choose one wrong man after another.
    I'm now sitting on the sofa trying to ease my back but think probably bed is the better option.
    I haven't posted my MFP calories in a long time, probably years, but then a typical trait for me is to assume a sense of Independence thinking I know what I'm eating so why bother. My problem is the habit of snacking between meals, nothing particularly big or bad but a chocolate biscuit here, peanut butter on oat cakes there and so on. Too many pub lunches on my trip away and last week when my friend visited tells me what I already know Buzz, I couldn't live as you do surrounded by such delicious food on a daily basis and not gain weight. Seems to me you bàttle temptation every day at mealtime and if it were me any resolve to lose weight would be out the window. Today I was too busy for snacking, it didn't cross my mind... just shows!
    My dog walking friend who lost over 100 lbs a couple of years ago followed Slimming World which I think is similar to WW in the way it's run. I often think she follows a more varied diet and seems able to eat anything, just watches portion sizes. There's probably more to it than that, I'll have to ask her.

Lovely to see Anne and Marie. I think both Sandy and Anne prove that having a single life forced upon them, although painful and difficult, has shown them both to be strong and forgiving... Not sure I'd be the latter!

Oops, my battery just died without warning and thought I'd lost this ling post so will ramble no more, hit the send button and head for my bed.
    Haven't checked spelling!!!
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    Hello, it is me again. Just finished dinner (chili, cornbread and guacamole and grapes for dessert). We seem to have started a new schedule of a small bowl of cereal and fruit for breakfast and then a regular dinner. No lunch. John loves that schedule but I prefer a small breakfast and lunch and a very small dinner. You can see I am easily lead in a different direction. If you add up the calories and carbs, I think we would end about the same. The thing is, John never really tries to lose weight, he stays the same or he might lose a couple of pounds in the summer. Not so for me. All seasons are a struggle.
    The cornbread is a rare thing but one of Johns favorites.

Started reading the sample of the Woodward book on the iBooks. Honestly, in my opinion, he is a very good writer and of course the subject is riveting. I like iBooks but I do enjoy real books with paper pages. With iBooks we don’t have to decide if we should keep it or let it sit out there on the iBook shelf.

For me, talking about a single life is very foreign. We have been married since right after high school. We went off to college together as newly weds. I have never lived alone. I do admire competent women who make their own way in life. I feel sure I would be able to do it but I would fall into the incompetent category. I have often said I really hate my own company.

Just saying....we live in a wet very humid climate. Consequently almost everyone here has some sort of arthritis. After a candid chat with our doctor, both of us are using CBD oil for evening pain relief. No ill effects and it seems to really work. It is legal here. There are differences in hemp products and canabiss but I don’t really know much about this. That is the problem. Research is minimal and much more needs to done. Not sure if this is available for you Jackie. Also even the lotion is pretty spendy!

Lin: I agree! Hopper is a classic. There are levels of artistic information in his paintings.

Rain, rain, rain!
    Hello to all sneakers
    Patsy
  • Gawanne32
    Morning all. I'm exhausted because I've just done my half hour walk interrupted by chasing Jilly doing her zoomies with me yelling "where's that doggie". Great excitement with me collapsing on the sofa and her going back to bed. At least we've got our daily exercise in before the heat rolls up yet again and possibly Michael rolling up with it.

I'm sort of glad I've started anew on MFP. A new page. This will be my third day of deprivation (1200 cals) and serious exercise. All I have to do is look at my home page to see how many days I've endured! I too have JACKIES independence I think, and also tend to believe I can lose weight without recording everything I stuff in my mouth but alas I can't. Jacobs cream crackers lathered in butter with a piece of cheese being my evening downfall. If Mike and I do a grocery shop today it will be full steam ahead with nary a peek at the cracker shelves.

Yes, I had the single life forced on me after marrying at 20. I can never forget the date because Michael was born 4 years later on the same day. My lovely dad was just that but very strict, I had to be in the house by 10 at night much to the amusement of my friends. So I went straight from that to a controlling husband. After the initial shock of suddenly being left alone with 12 and 15 year old sons we suddenly found we all THREE had wings!! It's been quite an adventure of discovery. Who we really are without a domineering influence. So.....today? Regrets? Not a one, but I am so happy for PATSY and her John and all the others who find the ideal life companion for them. I have to smile though when Mike today finds his handsome father "decrepit" and I'm sure he finds me the same only too tactful to tell me. All that drama of the past reduced to two tottery old things! Well three I guess! LOL.

Are you still with me, yawn, yawn. If so you will now know this tottery old thing is off for a shower. Jill is still asleep!
    Hugs to each and every one,
    (Gaw)ANNE. Maternal Family name: Gawan.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Sunday! :) Beautiful day for a circus. I am going with Lisa and the kids this afternoon for a 2:00 show. Tonight I am going to a meeting to hear one of our Al Anon member speak as well as an AA and Alateen member. Last night I was watching episodes of the new Lost in Space on Netflix, does anyone remember the old TV show? It entertained me so I will probably watch the rest of the series. lol

Anne, I stayed with you for the whole story and found it interesting. I made it to 14 years with my first marriage and to 21 before separating with Babe. I admire anyone who says married for life, I wish I could have been in the same position but things didn't work out that way.
    I believe Jackie, Lin, you and I are all survivors of failed marriages. We should all sing the song I will survive together.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tth-8wA3PdY

Enjoy,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited September 2018
    The mist is rolling in off the sea but I'm wearing layers rather than light the fire because I'm waiting for a delayed visit from my chimney sweep. Poor love lost his mum a couple of weeks ago so appointments have been postponed.
    A lazy day recovering from yesterday's battle with hedges but I'm managing to stay away from snacks and will have nothing more than a mushroom omelette and salad for my evening meal.
    No failed marriage for me Sandy but instead lost the love of my life to cancer at a relatively early age then found myself in a relationship going nowhere as it turned out, wasting 9 years of my life!! After that I decided 2nd best after my 1st love wasn't going to be good enough and quickly learned independence and skills in most things DIY!!

Time to cook that omelette then settle down to an episode of the drama Bodyguard I was looking forward to when I first saw its trailer. It's gripping the nation with its political twists.... all a bit too close to the truth for comfort!!

Happy Sunday
    Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    Another spam call from "Apple INC saying my icloud account had been breached, blah blah blah! And left a message yet! Anyway , since last night's loss of my long post, I was somewhat despondent about this computer; is it the touchpad? I think I'm expecting the nurse very early Tuesday morning for the blood test I missed in July.
    Attended a Celebration of Life for a 42 year old daughter of a retired Dr and wife now living here at Edgewater. 2 hours of Kleenex-producing tears from all the stories told by family and friends of a most wonderful human being struck down so young, leaving a 12 year old daughter and husband and hundreds of friends.
  • delraybuzz
    I did NOT click on post reply! Is it the latest update? Although i read today that Microsoft will be charging to support Windows 7!
    Sorry but my mind is getting fuzzy from lack of proper sleep again, so once more, I must say goodnight, sleep tight...........etc!!!
    <3 Buzz