Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    Happy Wednesday! :) Today is Bryanna's 24th birthday and we will celebrate with lunch. I am hoping to go to bingo tonight if the weather co operates. I sat for the kiddos and all went well except this morning my son texted me and said he threw up last night and so did Robby.
    I took some Emergen C this morning and really hope I don't get sick this close to my trip.

Lin, I leave a week from Saturday and according to the extended forecast I should be okay.

Anne, cheer up, you are the voice of gloom. :) I think we all are a little stir crazy with all this bad weather. We need sunshine and warm weather. Someone really ticked off mother nature.

Buzz, there is no turning those Trump supporters, they stick together like glue. I personally, just ignore them because the political fighting is just too much for me.

Patsy, we are so happy you joined our little group, you make us smile every day.

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Hey SANDY, that was my off beat British humour coming through. In all honesty I couldn't be happier and the best way to deal with most doom and gloom is to laugh at it and have fun in the process. Even the weather isn't THAT bad! Like I said "laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone".
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm not sure what's going on but our weather forecasters tell me I'm enjoying warm weather and yet I feel frozen by the wind each time I step outside. Four layers and my hands are still blocks of ice!
    The staples were removed but goodness it's sore now, not helped by the pull on my flesh when I sit. A small area was apparently overlapping when stapled so although healing, that's caused a tiny infection which means a return visit to the practice nurse next week. I'm realising I have to take more care to avoid the new hip slipping out so as much as I struggle with the concept, patience is my new mantra!!
    The lady gardener visited after lunch and certainly knows her plants so although my garden is nothing special I trust her and she said she would love to work here. We had an interesting chat then agreed 2 hours every Wednesday which she will begin next week... a load off my shoulders!

Anne, I don't ever buy take aways but anyway have heard too many horror stories about kitchen hygiene! Same with airplanes recycling filthy bug-filled air. It ain't safe out there!!!

I see RAF iconic Tornado planes are being retired. They often do zoomies over my roof and give me heart failure so it will be interesting to hear the replacements one day!

Ouch, my incision is stinging so I think I need to stand for a bit. Hello to the Ice Queens, Patsy waiting patiently for Spring flowers and Buzz who's still confronting the Trump anomaly!!

Enjoy the rest of your day lovely friends.
    Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    SANDY, you are so right...until I hear the next report about how dangerous his world choices are. He most admires the killers, dictators, thugs, and his choices affect our country's deterioration in the world. I do feel a huge responsibility toward this world we live in, and I don't know how to drop it, or if I would feel right doing so! By the way, better not baby-sit before your trip! You've looked forward to it for too long to catch anything from babies now!!! Hope your son feels better, too!
    Hiya, offbeat ANNE! Humor is always welcome, even when we non- Brits look puzzled! :D
    It looks like a lovely day outside, though cloudy, but my clock did not receive it's time signal
    from Colorado and my arthritis is yechh today, so something is brewing with the weather!
    Hugs to LIN, JACKIE, PATSY, and I have lots to do now to organize my space and life again.
    <3 Buzz
    .........................Always Believe,Something Wonderful is About to Happen!...............................
  • Sandydur
    Happy Thursday!! :) I am going to my meeting today so again no time. I am fighting getting sick and I think I am winning but we will see. I am taking Emergen C everyday so hopefully it will help. I have a couple of errands to do after my meeting including a gift for my niece for her surprise 60th birthday party tomorrow. Bryanna's mom invited me for a drink at a nearby restaurant tonight but I think I am going to decline. Too much going on this week and next.

Have a great day, the sun is shining here!!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    Good day. I spent most of the morning with the library ladies. It was good to see them and to chat of course.

Waiting at the car wash. Long line.

Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    Phew, a busy day walking the dogs, stocking up on food and dog treats because my neighbours will be away for a long weekend then late afternoon George's groomer visited to brush his coat because at the moment I can't lift or hold him.

Terrible news about a friend who was severely injured after a car accident. Two 7 hour operations to repair smashed legs and injured neck but probably still life altering injuries. I hope to find out more tomorrow although her partner is saying he cant cope with calls right now, understandably.
    I'm now going to make a salad for my evening meal and enjoy a small glass of red wine in the hope it helps me sleep because I seem to be constantly yawning after 2 weeks of disturbed sleep.
    Jackie
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Hi all,

Just checking in. Still slugging away trying to get in all my steps and exercise minutes.

Sandy you amaze me with your bike riding. I can do 15 minutes and I am exhausted. Hope you can fend off the sickness.

Jackie sounds like you are doing good and well organized. 👍👍

Lin you’ve been having awful weather too. I forget where you live. It’s nice here today. Still cold and plenty snowy but nice and bright.

Buzz you took the bus. Good for you. I understand the call of chocolate 100%

Anne We’ve been having quite the winter here in Alberta too. Enough. Time for Spring. I agree with laughing a lot to deal with it all.

Still no word about my biopsy. I have an appointment on Monday with the doctor. Fingers crossed.

Have a great day.

Jeri
  • Gawanne35
    Hello everybody. It's like spring today and although I still daren't risk a walk to the mail box, Jilly had a run around the garden. She loves snow. I'm sure it will melt by tomorrow.
    The toaster oven arrived and I'm testing it right now with a baked potato.
    JERI, good luck on Monday. Fingers certainly crossed tightly for you. They've taken so long with the biopsy I'm hoping there will be nothing but good news for you, but they shouldn't have made you wait so long!
    JACKIE are you striding the moors again! What a gal! Such sad news about your friend though. Poor girl she must be in a lot of pain.
    Hope you are still feeling well SANDY.
    Hope everyone else is enjoying the spring like temps and sunshine as much as me and Bean.
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    Certainly horrified by your friend's accident, dear JACKIE. Hope recovery will be swift. Yours amazes me, but then again, everything about you amazes me!
    I saw "BlacK Ku Klux Klan", and it was excellent and very disturbing. I always adored Harry Belafonte yet it took me a few minutes to realize I actually was seeing him, After watching and hearing of the horrific damage done to fellow human beings by this disgusting group, they showed a shot of the orange wonder explaining to the American people how nice many of the Klan actually are, just like any other group! Our president scares the daylights out of me! Tomorrow, we will see the 4th remake of "A Star Is Born". I would like to see Vice also.
    I'm desperate for sleep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,d
    Got some, but sitting right here
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    Good morning, getting ready to leave for Tai Chi. Yesterday afternoon it was relatively warm so I spent some time scraping away ice, retreating the walks with ice melter and generally trying to do my best to be ready for the next weather systems.

Jackie, I am sorry for the infected area, even if small, something else to look after quite carefully. And oh, your friend’s accident had me jumping out of my skin. I hope recovery is beyond all good expectations. I hope your weekend is calm.

Jeri, I agree, a long wait for the biopsy results. Fingers crossed here as well. I am also in the Midwest by the way, West Des Moines.

Anne, really, it is warm enough that you are having melting. That is great! I hope the new toaster oven is just what you wanted. Enjoy your day. Shopping today?

Buzz, hello. You are really zipping through all the new movies. I spend my time with old TV shows, messing about with cards and trying to memorize all 108 sequence. Making progress. Section 1, no problem. Section 2, some pitfalls there, Section 3, shaky but better. Haaaaa. Trying to make my mind work! No smoke emerging from my ears at this point.

Sandy, how are you feeling? Keep all bugs at bay. I have two friends with the flu/unknown virus right now. They have no idea where they might have picked it up. So it goes right?

Patsy, good morning. I haven’t seen any posts from you the last couple of days. Am I missing your posts? Just as Buzz was missing Sandy’s? Well, hope all is well in your household.

Hi Marie, Diane, Karen, Barbie and all the rest of our Sneakers.

Time to run. Hugs.

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    edited February 2019
    Having worked in the aircraft engine industry most of my working life JACKIE I am sad to see the Tornados retired. Great little plane. Mind you I was very sorry to see the Buccaneer gone as well. Went to the Farnborough airshow back in the fifties to see her on display, and the first showing of the Vulcan. I'd never seen a bat shaped plane before and was very impressed. When my new husband and I arrived back in Hull on the special train nothing was running. It was the wee small hours. No buses, no taxis so being young and fit we actually walked all the way back to my parents house in the closest village and saw the dawn break. About 8 miles I think! Oh to be young and fit AND in love and actually enjoy the trek once again. I've always enjoyed walking but after a full day at the airshow it was quite a feat I guess.

It looks like spring again, but a warning is issued for later. So....a quick gallop to the vets to replenish Jilly's stock and another trip to the Organic Garage is called for.

The toaster oven produced a very nice baked potato for "tea" last night.

PATSY where have you gone?

EVERYONE, hope your day is good, pain and germ free.

Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Five years ago today I collected George from the animal shelter and brought him home. This morning I told him it was one of the best things I ever did and he seems to agree!
    After watching the fly past for those American airmen I mentioned who lost their lives 75 years ago my neighbour collected me and the dogs so once again we could stroll round the local woods. It's a level footpath so easy enough for me with just one crutch and helps me achieve my 30 minute daily walk. (No moors just jet Anne!!) Back home my neighbours refilled my coal skuttles and checked I was organised before they set off for their weekend break and I've promised to take things easy. Just before they drove off they messaged to let me know Brady is snoozing in their spare bed!!
    Anne, a few years ago I met an ex RAF man who was a test pilot for Tornadoes who was lucky to survive a nasty crash off the end of a runway, mind you he was apparently a bit of a hothead in his younger days and often terrorised local villagers with his low flights over their roofs in an effort to impress a girl. He did end up marrying her!!

Lin, lots of hard work to clear that ice so I hope you are about to see the end of it for this winter.

Sandy, stay well because a bug is the last thing you need when you've been looking forward to your trip for so long.

Buzz it is sad that man is dragging your country's reputation into the gutter abroad but hold on to the day coming when he'll have moved on!

Jeri, my heart goes out to you after such a long wait for results so I'm praying no news is good news.

No more news on my friend's car accident yet other than doctors are hopeful after she managed to move her fingers. It'll be weeks if not months before they'll know if she will walk again. Stay safe dear ones because we never know what tomorrow holds.
    Time for me to move around again.
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hello dear sneakers. Looks like another soggy day here. Yesterday was sunny and a real harbinger of spring. Gives a girl hope in seeing those elusive daffodils and crocus. The sunny day also put a spotlight on all the errant dust bunnies, doggie nose smears, cobwebs, dust and grime on windows and curtains. In other words, we need to spring clean badly!

I am suffering from a senior moment. I write long posts telling you all manner of my nutty life events...and then I must forget to click on “Post Reply.” Of course the result is my words just disappear. It is so distressing I just move on to the next cup of coffee and silently wish you all a safe and happy day.

Today has a long list of tasks but I know my strength and discipline will not suffice. I am also planning a small anniversary dinner with wedding cake and champagne. It will just be family and a couple of close friends. I know John will love it. He likes small family events. Our anniversary is in April so I am gathering little photos and sentimental notes from the past to share with our children. I want to have the table as elegant as possible. Candles, crystal, my good china, the good silver.

We are watching The new A Star Is Born. So far I would say it is good. Not quite as great as I would liked. The music simply didn’t rock my boat. Interesting new take on this old story, however.

The political scene has me in a tizzy. I can’t help myself. I rant and rave and swear I will not watch the news or contact my congressman yet one more time. All to no avail. I still rant and rave and watch more news and email my congressman.

Brushing sweet Katie, making blueberry muffins, washing one set of curtains and doggie nose smears
    off of a couple of windows etc. etc. etc.
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Happy Saturday!! :) I woke up very early feeling queasy and really thought I was going to get sick. I went back to sleep on and off until Babe called. I started my laundry, took my pills including some tylenol and laid back down for a half hour until another phone call woke me.
    I texted my niece's daughter and told her I would not be coming to party, that I didn't want to spread any germs I might have picked up from my grandkids. She understood and although her whole family came in for the party and I would have loved to see them, the ride is long and I think I just need to stay in a rest. I do feel better now and the queasiness is gone. I am wondering if I am eating enough so might go back to counting calories instead of carbs.
    I am a mind over matter time person and really hope I can beat this because I have so much to do next week.

Patsy, you are indeed a romantic and I love it, John is going to be so happy. We all lose our posts occasionally so don't feel bad.

Jackie, it is hard to believe it has been five years since you adopted George, it sure doesn't seem that long.
    la37f3u04u25.jpg
    I am very sorry about your friend and hope she make a good recovery.
    You, my friend amaze me, you are one tough cookie. Keep an eye on that infected area, you don't need any setbacks.

Anne, you have lived an interesting life, such wonderful memories. I keep telling these germs to go away hopefully they will listen.

Lin, enjoy your Tai Chi, the sun makes all the difference doesn't it?

Buzz, I did love a Star is Born, but I am a big fan of both Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.
    I would like to rent the Blackkklansman but I don't want to leave the house today so maybe tomorrow before Church. My friend's Oscar party is Sunday but I haven't seen all the movies.
    If I am not 100% I will stay home.

Jeri, it does seem like a long time to wait for results but if it were bad news wouldn't they call?
    I just got my letter to schedule a mammogram which I will do after I get back.

Have a good day and keep healthy!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Sandy, you are worrying me although I've been known to lose track of days. It's Friday and I dont want you to go anywhere unnecessarily a day early. Perhaps you have a temperature.. please take care of yourself x
  • Sandydur
    Opps, sorry Jackie, it feels like Saturday to me. I took my temp I have none. Just a senior moment......see Patsy?? lol
  • pinkperil
    That's fine Sandy, we've all had a few of those moments!! ;););)
  • delraybuzz
    And I sat down to check on all of you and.....woke up more than an hour later! I have several times lost posts because of not clicking on reply! But falling asleep BEFORE logging in, oh, dear! I must explain it was not unexpected as I never went to bed last night! I was designing the cards and poster for our culinary manager that will represent the residents' entire farewell and when I finally looked at my watch, it was 7:34 AM! I'm off to sleep shortly, but I had to see today's movie, "A Star is Born". It was OK, but nowhere near the other 3 years ago. It was jarring to me that Norman Maine's name was changed to Jack, and that he did not simply end up by walking into the ocean. I suspect GaGa will win an award for Best Song bur she is no Streisand or Garland! I was disappointed in the quality of her voice. Our lecturer tonight gave an interesting discussion and prediction regarding the Awards and I realized I know so few of the stars now! He did say if you can survive the first 1 1/2 hours of boredom watching ROMA, you might agree with his prediction it could win Best Picture Oscar!
    As usual, I'm loving reading your posts, though I wish MFP would fix my problem opening SANDY's posts! SANDY, slurp lots of chicken soup!!! I want you to get to Hawaii!
    JERI, I'm presuming if it was bad news, you would have heard immediately!
    JACKIE, time flies when blah blah blah! And he is so special!
    As are KATIE and THE BEAN!!!
    <3 Buzz,
    ..........................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen! .............................
  • pinkperil
    The sun is shining and is warm rather than a chilly, watery February glow and I've just returned from walking George for a half hour in the village. The roads were quiet which was good and I managed a slight hill up to the next village before turning back. I met a couple of neighbours on the way round which was a good excuse to pause while we chatted. Betty stayed home as I can only take one at a time on my own but being the couch potato she is she was happy to sit and wait!

There are few movies I feel I want to watch these days and tend to wait for a recommended DVD to come out. Lots of good tv drama keeps me entertained.

Now I'll hang washing out, catch up with a phone call I must make, do some washing up then settle to an afternoon of rugby on the tv. I do hope everyone is thawing out!
    Happy Saturday
    Jackie