Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,365 Member
    Buzz, wishing you peace and comfort. Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    A quickly from me dashing about getting everything clean and tidy, dogs dropped off with my friend and hens prepared for being on their own for a couple of days. Voluntary driver has phoned to confirm he'll pick me up 6.15 in the morning, the extra aids and crutches are delivered so ready to go! Will check in once back home from the hospital.
    Take care everyone. <3
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    JACKIE, best wishes and prayers sent that all goes as smoothly as the first time. You can guarantee I'll be thinking of my brave friend.❤️🌹🌹

It's still jolly chilly here for the middle of May. Took the Bean out for her morning sniffle in my winter parka!

The brain is a funny thing. Poor Marie my neighbour. Husband Tony is charging his reflection in their French windows when outside like a bull thinking there's someone in his house, and when not doing that, stealing building planks from his other neighbour thinking they are his.

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Tuesday! :)Jackie, prayers for a successful surgery and a quick recovery. Will be praying for you tomorrow and hope all goes well.
    I have everything I need for game night tonight except to order the pizzas and chicken. It is a rainy day here so hopefully no one changes their mind about coming.
    Anne I just turned the heat on to take the chill out of my house, I am freezing in May.
    My poor hummingbirds are probably chilled as well but they are still eating.
    Buzz In one of my readings today it was about minding my children's business which ended with my children appreciate talking to me and not fixing them. I know it is hard but it is out of your control. Love you.

Have a great day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Cloudy but cool. We have had such odd weather, John is convinced that some evil controlling country has learned to control the weather. I love it he gets into his extreme rants. He diffidently reads too much sci-fi books! He was mowing all day yesterday, second mow of the season.

Jackie: all our best thoughts and prayers for a smooth recovery. Sounds like you have thought things out and are ready for a bit of down time. I have a feeling you will just sail through this procedure. All good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sandy: that reading had such wisdom about trying to fix our children. A lesson I am trying to learn.

Buzz: dear friend, I know your heart is breaking. I guess all you can do now is try to remember the amazing art of your daughter. I hope she will not suffer and that her friend can stay near by. I know even from a distance you are a good and wise mom, you honor her decision. Difficult as it is. You are in our thoughts and we hold you in our heart.
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    Jackie, may all go amazingly well with another astounding recovery. You are a wonderful example of doing what needs to be done. Many hugs. <3

Lin
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Dear ladies

Sorry Time gets away on me.

I’ve bern doing pretty good. Had a wonderful appointment with the doctor from the Breast Cancer Supportive Care Foundation. She explained how the decision was made that I needed no further treatment. It was indeed because my cancer was so small and caught so early. She says it is a very involved process. I feel very good about it. More potential for problems with meds than not.

She also recommended a physiotherapist who is really good with post surgery. Ironically I saw her about 4 years ago on another matter. I am still very tight from surgery and really need to lose up. I see her tomorrow. I really liked her.

Finally going to see my sister next week. I have been trying since Mid December. Can hardly edit.

Buzz Oh my dear. I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you. Big big hugs.

Hugs to all,

Jeri
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Most important is all our prayers for a quick successful recovery for our dear JACKIE!
    ygnbniynkxhe.png
    Wonderful report from dear JERI! And have a wonderful visit with your sister! Your hugs so welcome! I'm sending back a few to share with you!
    SANDY, such a wise reminder from you, as usual! Thank you for being so pertinent and I have finally stopped thinking of MY needs and realizing her life is her own to make her own decisions! I was operating on my needs as a parent not ever wanting to outlive a child. I totally ignored that my decision in her position would probably be very similar. I heard from her today in an email regarding a choice of 2 appointments at Memorial Sloan Kettering late May and early June. We will all keep our fingers crossed. (She signed it "love"!)
    PATSY, I truly feel safe and supported and loved by all of you, and it is a very important part of my "learning curve" in something I never expected to have to deal with!
    ANNE, I know you didn't expect to give me a chuckle, but it did, and and was very welcome!
    I hope your neighbor is bearing up!
    As for me, I got to bed at 7:35 this morning after struggling with how to word my feelings in a card to my daughter. I was unable to complete it and finally gave up, exhausted. At 9:41 AM I awakened with a start, recalled I had a 10 o'clock appointment for a haircut, and by gosh, I walked into our Beauty shop at exactly 10! The rest of my day went by in a haze, but I do think I am doing better with dealing with my emotions.
    Dear LIN put all our feelings in her tribute to JACKIE, and with that, I shall sign off with loads of love and thanks to every one of you! And get to bed!!!
    <3 Buzz
    ..........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!............................
  • Gawanne35
    Quick hello from me because me and the Bean got up late. The heat coming on woke us up.

Thought I would plant a few seed potatoes today and you can guarantee who will be on my mind whilst doing so. Our JACKIE of course, her with the green fingers. I can imagine her in bed recovering in a fluffy bed jacket, surrounded with flowers and cards, nurses fussing over her and absolutely ITCHING to get back to George, Betty, the kits, the chicks and her beloved garden. Speedy recovery Jackie.
    JERI, absolutely wonderful news.
    BUZZ, one day at a time, and wonderful you received a loving email. PATSY, SANDY, LIN, here's to an uneventful pleasant day.
    Anne.....who isn't suffering from heat stroke!
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    I obviously missed why Jackie is in the hospital. Can someone tell me why?

Best wishes Jackie

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Jeri
  • Sandydur
    Happy Wednesday! :) Game night was successful even though I forgot to put out the potato salad and coleslaw. Much too much food but it was a great evening with great friends.
    Bingo tonight and will bring the forgotten food and some treats to pot luck. I have to get the treats out of my house so I don't eat them.

Jeri, Jackie is having her second hip surgery and was well prepared. As Anne said by now she should be in recovery. Glad all is going well with you, are you planning reconstructive surgery?

Anne, good luck planting your seed potatoes. It is in the 50's now but it is going up to the 80's later. This weather is just plan crazy.

Buzz, it is what I learn in Al Anon that helps me with everyday problems. Mostly, we have no control over anyone and we have to take care of ourselves.

Lin, I feel you must get bored with my posting the same thing here as I do on Facebook but thanks for not calling me on it. <3

Patsy, our weather is just as crazy as yours. The heat is on this morning and it will probably get warm enough to put on the A/C this afternoon although I won't. lol

Have a great day and Jackie, listen to the doctors and nurses. <3

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Since my daughter is now on steroids, she was happy to hear I want to send the dark chocolate covered strawberries, which I wasn't certain she would eat. I always find them a huge treat! She will be going for a second opinion to Sloan Kettering in New York on June 11.
    SANDY, wherever you get your answers to problems, it's how you apply them that is so terrific, and I appreciate everything this unbelievable group has extended to me. I feel blessed! I see I have 15 minutes to dress for dinner, so I'm blowing a kiss to all along with many hugs!
    <3 Buzz
    ..........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!............................
  • linder4866
    Hugs to my dear friends. Just reading your posts and do not have anything particularly helpful, insightful or even interesting to add today. Just sending healing thoughts to everyone.

See you tomorrow.

Lin
  • jwubben6600
    Cold and misty today. It would feel a lot like October or November if it weren’t for the colorful rhododendrons in full bloom. Also the scotch broom is in full bloom sending out clouds of yellow pollen and activating everyone’s hey fever. But they are cheerful and the blossoms sort of look like tiny snapdragons.

I am on a mission to find really comfy slippers that I would really wear all the time inside. My feet have changed and I have less tissue padding to cover my tootsies. So I seek soft slipper type shoes to wear as I go about life here at home. I am disappointed in Ugggs, as well as some other shoe brands that I have enjoyed in the past. A worthy goal, to be sure, the really high end brands have a scary price tag and only styling to offer rather than comfort.

Buzz: just a thought here...my mom asked me to let her have three large paintings of mine to hang in her new downsized home. She stipulated that they would come back to me or where I designated when she passed away. She felt a persons essence radiated from paintings or drawings. We lived 1200 miles away from each other, so visits were rare. She said it was very comforting to her. Do you think this might work for you and your daughter? Something of hers she might want to share with you?
    I know! We are a strange family.

Hello to all sneakers, Anne, Buzz, Lin, Sandy, Jeri, Jackie, Laura, and all other sneakers including those of the 4 legged and feather persuasion.
    Patsy
  • Gawanne35
    edited May 2019
    Chilly here, but our blossom looks gorgeous and with the chill the flowers are lasting much longer than usual. However everyone but me is sneezing their heads off.
    Just like LIN I've little to say it being for me the end of month belt tightening period. Doing or done all the boring chores, seed spuds planted etc and just in time because today it is rainy and nothing new there. So hello to everyone,
    Anne, still in bed and cuddled up with the Bean.
  • linder4866
    Me again. Off soon to meet with the library ladies. Only a couple of weeks left before we are bounced out of our Thursday meeting time. The library is moving the reserved spot to another day and most of us cannot come on that day. We are going to try to find another place to meet but I just hope I do not lose touch with these ladies.

Just trying to get on with things. I am finding it frustrating and exhausting to try to sell things. That is a story for another day.

Meanwhile I ordered a couple of under garments from Mark & Spencer’s, my first ever order. I activated free returns through PayPal just in case they don’t fit. We will see.

Hope Jackie is doing well.

Patsy, I don’t have any slipper suggestions. I did find the most yummy soft robe from Land’s End but I know nothing about their slippers. If they are as soft and luxurious as the robe, oh my!

Buzz, wishing the best for you and your DD to keep your relationship strong. Hugs again today.

Jeri, safe travels. I am so glad you will see your sister. It will be wonderful to get together again. Also happy you have an excellent team of doctors—it makes all the difference in healing and rehabilitation.

Sandy, glad game night was fun. Of course you had too much food. It is what we do!

Anne, I was looking at the calendar saying to myself, hummm, long time until the first of the month! It is a long month.

Laura, how are you? Haven’t heard from you for a while.

Must end my message for now.

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    edited May 2019
    Hi LIN, I'm hoping you checked the different sizes between the two countries. For instance I'm a 12 in Canada but a 14 in the UK. I'm sure you did, but would hate you to be disappointed. Fingers crossed. Oh and I always check to see if other ladies are satisfied, regarding quality, fit, colour etc. Plenty of yeses, very few no's. I buy from London in the UK, not the Canadian outlet store.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Thursday! :) Meeting day so another morning of hurrying. I won $50 at bingo so that helps me to the end of the month. Babe went to an internist for his stomach pains who told him he needed a scope and other tests. Then he had an appointment with his heart doctor who told him he didn't need a scope or tests but did need to have his stent replaced in his stomach which is some how connected to his heart. The surgery is planned for Tuesday.
    Always something. I think his son is taking him so not sure I will be going.

I hope Jackie is doing as well with this new hip as she did with the other. <3

Will try to get back later.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Hello Sneakers. First of all thank you dear friends for your good wishes and prayers. The operation went well but I'm aware of more muscle pain and the morphine based painkillers make me feel awful so I asked the Pharmacist to remove from my list of drugs. Today an x-ray showed hip as it should be so once I've been tested on stairs I can go home, probably tomorrow morning. It's been a difficult couple of days not helped by being in a room with no windows and I gather the weather is lovely outside. Plan for tomorrow afternoon is to sit in the sun while George and Betty check nothing had changed!
    Just finished sticky toffee pud and custard so had better do my best to walk it off!
    Will be in touch once home and settled.
    Hugs to all
    <3 Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    Oh my goodness! A wonderful note from our wonder woman JACKIE! It is indeed great news that you once again aced that hip surgery. Eeeeeesy does it, my friend. I can see you are ready to be home and about your regular activities. We will be eager to see your rapid recovery. All best wishes.

Our day is misty and cold. The promise is for sun later in the day. Hope! Hope! Hope!

Still working on the painting collection book. Getting registration and colors right is a pain. Not that it really matters to anyone but John and me. The wrap around cover is driving me crazy.
    Thank goodness I didn’t store the winter sweaters. We need them. It is very chilly and damp.

I wish I liked green tea...it is supposed to be so beneficial.
    Patsy