Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Good to know the op is behind you Jackie. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hugs from Anne and Bean. 🙃❤️🐶❤️
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,365 Member
    Same here Jackie. From Lin, no sidekick....

:D<3<3
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited May 2019
    Woo hoo Jackie. Glad to hear from you.

Thanks everyone for you kind comments. You are all so supportive. Makes me feel great.

And talking of Supportive, Buzz is right. Sandy you give excellent advice.

Heading out for supper and then out to watch another Spring soccer game. This time the twins, last night Heather. I wonder how Mel and Sean handle it all. Sean coaches two teams and 7 of their kids play soccer. What a life.

Hugs everyone

Jeri
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    LIN ,your healing thoughts are a special gift! Thank you.
    PATSY, what a lovely idea! Nothing strange about the idea at all! I know she appreciated receiving some of the silver holloware I had made. I'll wait and see how she is reacting to my communication.
    ANNE, at 7:12 AM, it's a great hour to be cuddled with The Bean! Enjoy!
    JACKIE, so great to hear from you! Yes, I have heard that about morphine, but sometimes it's necessary to combat the pain following surgery! Are both legs the same length?...Oh, and don't worry about burning calories now!!! Wait until you're feeling better! Hugs back atcha!!!
    JERI, what a incredible family you have raised! Exactly how many grandchildren have you now? Lucky kids to have you 2 for grandparents!
    I got my second shingles shot today and hope it is preventive now. My parents both had dreadful cases of shingles.
    I got my first nail polish that is NOT in the red family and I love the look, it's so intriguing! It's an Essie polish called Cause and Reflect, and it's kind of mysterious with many undertones to a deep silver. Perhaps I will be more careful with my nails now that they have such a wild color! Nothing quite like trying to pick colors online!
    Oh my, after bedtime again?
    <3 Buzz
    ...........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!...........................

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Still waiting to go home because they seem to be short staffed so can't get me discharged. So frustrating but nothing to be done! At least a lot of muscle pain has gone overnight so managing on a couple of paracetamol every few hours and walki g circles on my crutches. The surgeon is renowned for working through the smallest incision and measures very carefully so no Buzz both legs the same length thank goodness.
    My neighbour is on standby to drive to the hospital as soon as I can go. Apparently cloudy today so I wasn't going to get into my garden this afternoon anyway! 😤
    Take care everyone
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited May 2019
    Good morning friends, I am staying home today. I was sleeping like a rock last night when storms started to roll through. I was awake every half hour or so. Very tired now. And more thunderstorms and street flooding convinced me to skip Tai Chi this morning.

I have lots of things to do and it is nice to put on some clothes, brush my hair and get started, slowly, for a change. Laundry is chugging along, I have a cup of coffee and some refrigerator tea is started. I had purchased some bottled tea. Delicious but insanely expensive compared to making it at home.

Sandy, congratulations on your Bingo win. You are one very lucky person. Yes! Sorry for Babe’s problems and do hope the second doctor is correct and all will be straightened out with a new stent.

Patsy, I hope the wraparound cover is sorted soon and looks perfect (well as close as possible). Enjoy the long weekend. I wish you had some super luscious slippers to pamper your feet.

Anne, well if my order doesn’t turn out, it’s okay. I thought I would give it a try. They provide side by side sizing so US is right there, I may not have gotten the right style though. It will be a surprise.

Jeri, yes indeed, so many lovely grandchildren. I don’t know how people keep up with all the activities. But it must be fun.

Buzz, little by little with your DD. Hugs. And wow, your manicure and nail polish sound superb. Maybe that is a color you will stick with for a while?

Jackie, oh yes, our own genuine Wonder Woman. I hope all is going well today. Fingers crossed!

Need to check the dryer. Hello to the rest of our Sneakers.

Wishing everyone well.

Lin

Hello Jackie, I see you posted ahead of me....
  • Gawanne35
    Hope you get home today JACKIE. I'm having a break from cutting the front lawn. Then for the bigger back lawn. I expect to be told off, but don't want to give up when I'm feeling quite gung ho today. Barry is coming over with the new deck estimate later. Springtime and he's very busy.

Glad you are having a break from rushing around LIN. Will your parcel arrive as quickly as my last one? I used to live in a village not far from where it will be shipped or rather flown from. Small world.

AND Theresa May is on the way out. Who do you fancy as next PM JACKIE.

Cheers everybody. Time to get back to the grind.
    Anne and one bored watching pup.
  • Gawanne35
    Coffee time, Exhausted, BUT I did it, the grass cut. Yeah! Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Friday! :) The extra weight battle goes on, I haven't won the war but will keep trying.
    I am sitting today while Lisa goes to the dentist. After her appointment we are taking the kiddos for Charlie's 9 month picture. Of course the boys will be included so getting them all to smile at the same time should be interesting.

Jackie, have patience, at least you will be home sometime today and since it is cloudy don't be in a hurry to do gardening. At least let the new hip get used to your body. lol

Anne, you are amazing cutting grass at your age. We might have to get you a superwoman cape.

Lin, good idea staying home with all the rain you are getting. We had some thunder last night as well but I use white noise on my phone to try to keep other noises out.

Buzz, your polish sounds pretty, do they have a manicurist in your building if you decided to treat yourself?

Jeri, you also need a cape, you are one special lady.

I better eat some breakfast to get some strength for the kiddos. lol

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    I don't know about a super woman cape SANDY, but I now have grab handles on my toilet which will really help on the 2 am trot to the bathroom at which hour the knees are seizing up. Mark showed up with his tool kit, and wonders.....I didn't get told off! He just said, well you've given me extra time to grocery shop.

Actually, Marie next door who is only 65 can't manage grass cutting and can't ask Tony who's liable to plod off to his original house pushing the lawn mower. This he has done in the recent past. Maybe I can get me a summer job mowing their lawn. Hey, I'm joking. Collapsed for half hour after cutting mine and revived by a face lick from the sympathetic Bean. THATS enough to make you recover quickly........dog slobber.

Anne, now without face cream.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Phew I'm home waiting for the arrival of 2 small dogs! Bank holiday traffic bad by the time we finally got out of the hospital but I'm finally on my sofa sipping a cup of tea.

Anne there isn't one politician I'd want to see running the country and most Brits feel the same so goodness only knows what's in store!

Back later when settled. Neighbour bringing in pizza and salad at 7!!

Jackie

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Friday! Yea hooray! Trash day, veggie burger day! Weekend has begun . It is another cold misty day here on the coast.

Life has truly turned upside down these days. We had a special election last Tuesday and GASP! No one entered school board position vacancies. Same was true of the local college board positions. Our port authority positions were contested and thank god, there was interest in those positions. These community positions that keep us chugging along are very important. Where is everyone? We oldies did our time volunteering, now it is time for the younger folks to pitch in.

Load of laundry is swashing away. Sugarless Apple cake baking for weekend desserts. Cool jazz on the CD player. The day is only half over and I am almost ready for a nap. I need to do a few other tasks before I give in to it. Working on the dungeon projects this evening. John is watching some shoot ‘em up movie with lots of explosions and car chases. Pleeeeeeease! Katie crawls up on the sofa beside John for almost constant ear scratches during the movie. What a pair!
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Good thing I checked before logging out or I would not have known my Friday post got knocked out after I saw it appear, well, as I recall , it was not anything terribly important, but I am so happy for JACKIE being home safe! I'm too sleepy now to repeat other thoughts, and other than a thank you for those delicious berries, I have not had another call from my daughter. I am looking forward to seeing my eldest and my son in law Tuesday.
    Yes to SANDY's question, we have 3 Beauty Shoppes, but I went to a lady who was a podiatrist's assistant in Russia many years ago, and she does it in her home; a beautiful job, and she's great with ingrowing nails, etc! She lives in one of our other buildings so it's very convenient, and only charges $30 for M & P !
    <3 Buzz
    ...........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!.......................
  • linder4866
    Just lost my lovely post as the app crashed. Rats.

Wishing everyone a happy weekend. And a safe one as well.

Welcome home Jackie.

Anne, my undies arrived yesterday and I love what I ordered. The label said it was from the UK.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    That's a relief LIN because you never know what will show up! Today I'm dressed head to toe in M&S. Some people think their clothes are not fashionable but they suit me! The biggest problem, which doesn't bother me, is often shirts (I like Autograph) etc need ironing, but I love the two jumpers (or sweaters if you prefer) that I've received and both have been much admired. Actually when I lived in the UK undies and jumpers were the big sellers along with children's school uniforms etc. I remember a certain Royal was spotted in a London M&S buying knickers!!

Well, after yesterday's gorgeous day we are back to lower temperatures and floods of rain which is worrying the Toronto islands residents because Lake Ontario has now reached the 2017 record depth.
    There's a bit of a break at the moment so I'll wander off and take shorty for a splash.

Big hello to everyone,
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Saturday! :) A long day with the kiddos yesterday but the pictures turned out great.
    obmwn5rlsyhi.jpg
    zjawowwfkwc8.jpg
    It is rainy here as well so I doubt our pool opened today. I am going to my niece's daughter's house for a first birthday party. Another 45 minutes away but it will be worth it as I will see my brother. Hopefully, the rain will stop and the sun will come out. I can hope.

Anne, wouldn't it be nice to have some dry weather stay a while? I need some new undies as well so maybe I will check out M&S. Of course I am cheap when it comes to myself so maybe Walmart might be better. lol

Lin and Buzz, sorry to read you both lost posts. You also have a wonderful weekend.

Jackie, I bet the pups were happy to see you as you were them. I hope things are going well and you are with minimum pain.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    And there you are SANDY, looking as if you are your beautiful grandchildren's mom !
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    pinkperil wrote: »
    Anne there isn't one politician I'd want to see running the country and most Brits feel the same so goodness only knows what's in store!

I feel the same way about the Canadian politicians. LOL Glad you are home.

Sandy wonderful pictures

Went for a great walk yesterday. Here’s a collage. Very late spring

id3z11h61f2l.jpeg

Hugs to all

Jeri

• jwubben6600
    Sandy: Oh my! What absolutely gorgeous children! The picture of you with your grandchildren is a work of art. You must find a special frame for those photos. The little girl is so beautiful in her flower halo.

Looks like another cloudy day here. I think I read somewhere that we are have sunshine next week. Katie is due for her monthly grooming and she will get a short summer cut. We must watch for any fleas. This is the season for them here in Oregon.

I am not loyal to any brand of clothing. I seem to buy whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. I will admit to some monumental mistakes. I do love pretty undies, night gowns and robes. Why not? Basic? Sounds way too practical and reasonable. I buy frilly lacy stuff that lasts about 2 washes. The prettier the sooner it starts to get holes or unravels. I never learn!

Our crow is back on the gate again. He/or she must have a nest near by. We are also seeing a bold eagle a lot recently. Huge raptor that sits up at the very top of our tallest hemlock. A magestic bird that scares off all other birds. The crows and the eagle scare Katie. She stays up on the deck when they are in the neighborhood.

I need to burn the wood stove today. I can start the log with one or more of the amazon boxes I seem to always have around. I am weaing a winter sweater today.( almost June?) It is very chilly again.
    Patsy
  • jwubben6600
    I think you can agree this girl needs a haircut and styling. She needs some eyeholes in that shaggy mess!
    Patsy