Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    I thought it funny as well SANDY!! Thanks for a smile on another rainy day. Us grannies have our own logic don't we. Kids and dogs love getting muddy, I don't mind getting muddy, it's the in between groups who forget childhood and the joy of making glorious mud pies etc.

Ive baked chocolate chip cookies. Comfort food which are not exactly a good idea when on a diet.

Don't think I'll see Mike this week so I've ordered online groceries for tomorrow. Mikes sidekick at work is very young, female and being bullied by the office upper manager "you know what". Trouble last week and my knight in shining armour managed to calm her down so she wouldn't leave and thus leave him in the lurch. Unfortunately, after Mike left the office yesterday all mayhem broke loose and the poor girl went home in floods of tears vowing never to return. Thus, at month end Mike will be working double shifts until the firm hires the next young person to be bullied. Mike has been at this firm for over 30 years but after once enjoying his job now can't wait for 65 and retirement. Not me of course as I'll be ........? Yikes.
    I'm afraid you get these little Napoleans in every place of work. I remember, ah well, well in the past!

Hey, the suns just peeked through. Must take the Bean out for a quick sniff of other dogs.
    ❤️🙃Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Just caught up and agree kiddies, dogs and mud go together 😄
    My neighbours have taken the pooches for a walk while I consider my evening meal, maybe a couple of farm shop sausages since I skipped lunch. My leg is twice it's normal size so I won't go near the scales while fluid retention continues!
    Watching French open tennis so will hopefully return this evening although sleeping an awful lot.
    Happy Wednesday everyone
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Rainy here today. But I have things going on inside so I’ll not be lacking activities. The weather has been so crazy this whole year. I know weather is never really “normal” but this is just ridiculous.

Working in the dungeon this morning. Then a quick hair appointment. Every time I get a haircut I consider a color treatment. I fear I would look like those silly women with unnatural hair color trying to recapture a youthful look. I have seen them go toooo far and just look sort of sad. I love their spirit however.

Eggplant and pasta for dinner. Black Grapes for dessert. John will like it, I am sure.

Sandy: I can only imagine trying to handle three little kids at once and a young pup. There was a time when I could handle that without a second thought. At my age and everything else I would be the one sitting on the floor crying.

Anne: Office politics are horrible. I have had to deal with my share of outrageous circumstances. With 30 years invested in a company, it would be almost impossible to resign and start somewhere else. Your son is in a sad situation. Good thing he has you to council him. We all need someone to confide in.

I am pealing an orange and Katie is determined to get her share. She loves oranges...me too!
    I wish we could all get together at Anne’s house for chocolate chip cookies and coffee.........
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,365 Member
    MFP is crashing for me and will not keep pace with my typing.

Hello all. Busy day. No Tai Chi today as my leg hurt. Lots of errands and have sold one item a little while ago. Off to meet people regarding another one. Two meetings tomorrow and then I will be caught up. No one else has stepped up. I will go back to trying to pack another tote for the consignment shop.

Exciting life right?

You are all so busy.

May try to write more later. Don’t want to lose what I have typed.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    SANDY, thank you for my laugh of the week. Now I understand why we have babies while young and vigorous, rather than creaky-joint age! I hope Babe is OK, dear. AND, I don't think Philip can hurt you any longer,because you, my dear mentor, are the strongest of your family!
    JACKIE, I really feel your pains, having been through them, and lacking the courage to try it once more! Sorry about your post, and I think MFP might be suffering a sort of malaise, losing so many posts!
    Got a late start today, AfTer the visitors had their breakfast; they arrived in the middle of mine. WE managed to get to an Apple store for new SIM cards, so I could set up the iPhone ID was gAfter charging his phone, they were gone for the night, and Iett the phone charging. I hoped to get ahead of the change and picked it up thinking I'd get a head start, and when I clicked on home, it wanted my password for wifi! Huh? Wifi> Well I waited too long so Apple
    LOCKED the phone and I must make all better before they allow me back . So good night, y'all. I shall take my red face and go to bed!!!
    <3 Buzz
    .........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Might Happen!.......................
  • pinkperil
    edited May 2019
    The sun shining in my bedroom window this morning got me up in a more positive frame of mind so after an hour doing no more than feed pets and myself I managed to wash my hair by hanging into the shower cubicle while standing outside! Also managed to splash water around the room but hey ho, I'm feeling a zillion times better. The garden called me so I sat outside and soaked it all up for a while but after standing washing up am now happy to put feet up for a bit.
    When my neighbours took George and Betty for a long walk yesterday they returned with stories of Betty running and running in the fields... she has discovered the dog in her at last!

Oh dear Buzz, I did smile at your phone experience only because that sort of thing seems to happen often to me. I sometimes think this technology is designed by kids for kids and the rest of us must struggle to keep up!

Lin, amazing how much you are selling on and you seem to be on a roll after that idiot mucked you about in the beginning. Please continue to take care meeting up with strangers won't you.

Anne, isn't it appalling that in this day and age office bullies still exist. Someone needs to call him out or at least report his behaviour although I suppose those higher up could be just as bad. It's still a man's world! Don't know if you saw the story about the woman recently offerered a job at the BBC who discovered a male applicant was told his salary would be £12000 more than she was going to get so she turned it down then told everyone about it. Red faces at the Beeb but I bet things won't change.

Sandy, I'm hoping Babe is home and the procedure went well.

Patsy I'm with you, all over to Anne's for chocolate chip cookies!!

Time for me to move about a bit. A rear view look in the mirror this morning (not a pretty sight!) showed a huge ugly bruise on my rear so I'm thinking at least it's coming out so the discomfort should ease.

Happy Thursday everyone. 😊😎😍
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    My long post just disappeared before my eyes. What's going on MFP? Are you trying to eliminate "community" with the means of frustration by its users?
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited May 2019
    Good morning. It is library lady morning. The last in fact since we are exiled starting in June. So I must be there. Change can be a good thing but I doubt it in this case. Time will tell.

My darn leg is giving me fits again today. I don’t know what is wrong with it but hope it just improves on its own.

Jackie, what a lovely post. You hit all the points I have hoped to make. MFP crashed so often for me now, just adding a diary entry or commenting on someone’s post in the newsfeed may set it off. I do not know what is wrong but it is frustrating.

Anne, same here. Grrrrrrr.

Sandy, busy lady again. I hope your trip will be wonderful.

Patsy, you seem to handle so many things. I feel like I am spinning in place.

Buzz, omg yes, the password. I keep my Apple password tucked in the back of my brain somewhere. I never known when I will be asked to enter it, even when adding an app to my phone.

Going to post quickly. Fingers crossed.

Hugs.

Lin
  • jwubben6600
    MFP must be shutting down these forums? They can’t make money on us. I don’t think any of us are prime members. Just a wild guess on my part. But I just seem to have a lot of difficulty trying to post. Most recently. Hope this is just just a glitch that get fixed.

The day is overcast, I don’t think we are to get rain. Errand day and that will take most of the day. Lots of little things to check on. I am not a good shopper. Make a list...go and get it and go home. I know some people love to window shop and just casually look at things. That’s not my idea of fun. John can do this in Home Depot or a hardwear store. He used to take MoMo to Home Depot and they would just look at all the tools. Katie is banned from Home Depot. She knocked over a huge display of Christmas decor and she became upset and peed on the floor. I still get misty eyed thinking of dear MoMo and Mazzie. Even thought we both are totally in love with crazy Katie.

Have a good day dearest sneakers.
    Patsy
  • Gawanne35
    Let's try again, with a different theme.

We always took the Bean to Home Depot PATSY. No problem. However the last time we took her with us she was banned at the door. No dogs allowed. We explained she had always gone in with us before. Turns out, or so we were told, someone was carrying a toy dog when a woman bent down to pet him and nearly had her nose bitten off. Policy from then on in all Home Depot stores in Canada no more dogs allowed. Sad really but I can see their point if the owners got sued. We can still take her to Lee Valley though. They have a notice on the door saying all dogs welcome. She's good for shoe shops as well, but not much service when the girls pet her.
    I'm off before my luck runs out. I liked the long post I did before it vanished in a puff. Haven't the heart to repeat it all.
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    I didn't know what hit me...crazy scrambled posts, lost posts, lost words, lost letters,....or was it me?
  • delraybuzz
    Well, the above post just gotg away from me! I did not click to post, but there was a massive update on my hardware/firmware or whatever and once I was able to reopen,, things look sharper and clearer! Unfortunately, when I watched my kids walking down the corridor after a "work/play" flying visit, I felt sapped, sad, exhilarated and just plain tired, so I will try to be back Friday, provided I wake up! We accomplished so much that needed doing, and dinner late afternoon was 2nd floor of what used to be "Boston's on the Beach", but has been renamed Oceans 5, and we had a gorgeous glassed-in view of magnificent Delray Beach along with our fish and chips, lobster rolls, fried clams, etc.! Their visit flew by too fast, yet another day at that pace would have crippled me!
    So love you all, and goodnight!
    <3 Buzz
    .........................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen!............................
  • pinkperil
    "Katie is banned from Home Depot". That makes her a legend in my eyes Patsy in what has become an intolerant world. Go Katie!

It took 10 minutes to put on a pair of warm socks combining a grabber and shoe horn after I decided frozen feet are not pleasant. All due to lack of activity I'm convinced as I struggle to do much of anything other than sit! I'm sure I was walking on the track to the road by now first time around but at the moment my swollen foot means I can't wear anything other than slippers. Never mind, it may take longer but I will get there. The sun is breaking through and that lifts the spirits.
    I didn't weigh myself this morning because fluid retention is still a problem but if it's dry tomorrow my neighbour has suggested a trip to the allotment. Of course I won't be digging but can supervise planting of the runner beans that have apparently shot up in my greenhouse. Hopefully I'll get down the garden next week to see how evertrying else is growing.

I do hope we don't get thrown off MFP. You have all become a big part of my world and what happens in your lives is like reading the best book ever. I care too much about each and every Sneaker to find myself cut off from our daily chit chats.

Lunch eaten so washing up then kettle on for a cup of tea.... exhilarating life at the moment. 🤪🤪
    Happy Friday.
    Jackie

• Gawanne35
    edited May 2019
    Hello dear sneakers,
    We've just been for a LONG walk partly because the Beans favourite dog walker Mike won't be around, to take her on super long walks today as he is working, re earlier bullying comments. We had a long chat with Marie next door and after apparently Tony had been on a long shopping spree Marie tried to cancel his credit card. The bank is giving her a hard time. Of course she's cut up the card but doesn't want to pay the yearly fees. The bank wants a doctors note. WHAT, you can't cancel a card without a doctors note! She does have power of attorney by the way.

Anyway, that's the start to Friday. Wonder what the rest of the day will bring. I must admit my life is much more restricted since the loss of old friends to the grim reaper or senior care homes. Everyone around me is SO young! Never mind, if Marie (65) can ditch Tony on to one of her sons she wants us to take off for a meal and have a break from Tony's and Jilly's. Not that I want a break from young Jilly. She's a hoot. We came home and I gave her a treat for being a good girl and only barking at three dogs. She rushed into the LR with it throwing it in the air as is her wont and then rushed back to me busily taking my raincoat off and giving little yips. Back in the LR she rushed to the sofa, peered under it, bottom in the air and yipped at me. Usual stuff. Much tugging and moving of heavy sofa by me to reveal the treat. Life isn't all that dull with the Bean around but conversation is a bit one sided.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited May 2019
    Hello, it is afternoon already! I circled the metro doing errands this morning and sold a little something—a vase and a book. The buyer for last evening did not show up. That is becoming all too common. We will see, the next person in line to purchase this says he will be good to meet after 6pm this evening. I am starting to be more skeptical each day.

If I could sell a few things each week I might actually make a dent in my extras in a couple of years. :D Laughing but not so funny, actually true!

Anne, lovely walk with the Bean. An online friend got in touch yesterday and updated me on the family’s 2-year old Pomeranian. What a character. Haaaa. He even sent me a video of her. She is a darling. Her coat looks quite light and looks like the Queen of the house. And she probably is just that.

Patsy, we have more businesses posting signs that service animals are welcome but pets are not. I think that is happening due to the scope of animals people want to bring with them and the fact that many of the pets are quite unruly. It is too bad people do damage with their actions provoking more restrictions for all.

Jackie, sorry about the swelling. I guess no two surgeries or recoveries are alike. As long as ultimately as long as you make progress in your own time all is well.

Buzz, it sounds like you have had a whirl of a time. Now time to get some rest!

Sandy, hi!

Same to Jeri, Laura, Marie, Diane, Barb, Barbie and all Sneakers.

Hugs to my friends.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Now I remember why people no longer want silver. Oh my, scrub, scrub, scrub. The TARNISH!!!!!

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    I'll say one thing about Pomeranians or Pomeranian mixtures, they absolutely ooze character. Jilly might not be the best looking dog, but what she lacks in looks she makes up for in personality.
    Now LIN. I believe you can buy a can of tarnish remover which works a treat. Can't remember the name but it comes in a black container and works on brass and copper as well. Also Cameo is a brass and copper tarnish remover. Any help?
    Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    Anne! Jilly is drop dead cute and I think you are darn lucky to have such an adorable little character. Our Katie is pretty and is our princess. She rules the roost and is in full control. In regard to Katie’s being banned from Home Depot...I don’t blame them. She is an hysterical nut case. She gets over excited and then she can’t hear anything we say. If we get too loud and firm with her, she looses it and pees and has an emotional meltdown. So we handle her gently. Getting her socialized has been a real challenge. She likes some people but is very cautious of others. Not sure why. We got her as a very young pup. That could be the reason. It could be that she was too young to be separated from her mom and littermates. We didn’t know exactly how old she was. She was just a little round blonde butterball. Today she is a big blonde butterball. She runs and plays a lot. She has baskets of toys and balls. But she naps a lot as well. Blah, blah, blah. Sorry, Enough about our crazy pooch.
    Patsy
  • Gawanne35
    edited June 2019
    PATSY, we all love Katie! Just the way she is. Wouldn't change a blonde hair. I'm just hoping she wasn't banned simply for peeing. After all I bet there's a lot of folks wandering about with damp knickers, lol, and it was in fact actually the dog that bit the lady's nose that got our Jilly and your Katie banned maybe in the US as well as in Canada. Jilly left her mom at 10 weeks old and I'm forever telling her I'll send her back to her mom for certain naughty things like barking at poor Tony in his own garden, bugging the Jamaican delivery man to chase her, "I want to" he says, "but I'm working", tossing her treats in the air and under the heavy sofa, chasing squirrels etc, but at night, cuddled up to me on the sofa and watching for dogs (to bark at) on the The Forsyth Saga etc I wouldn't, like you, change my little pal for all the money in them thar vaults.
    Long life to Katie, Jilly, George, Betty and Daisy and all the rest of the wonderful animals who give us so much joy.
    Anne. 🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🙃❤️
    PS. Incidentally Jilly's two much prettier brothers had already been sold when we picked our girl up. The little boy in the family wanted to keep her because she was the "most fun". Here she is in the middle with her mom (left) and her dad.
    dorbegutryqm.jpg
  • linder4866
    Good morning. Drippy day in store....maybe not the entire day though. I am spending the day at the library with the monthly paper crafting group. I am just going to work on coloring some botanical images for greeting cards. I have multiple copies of the same images. You would think it would go quicker the second time or the third. But no, I am just slow. I have made it a mission to continue working on these. They are nice but may need to try to think of a shortcut. :D

Yippee, finally sold the pesky TV and home entertainment package. Wahoo! I guess third time was the charm. So apprehensive about this that I took only my license and a couple of items in a little bag about large enough for business cards that attached by magnet to my waistband. The gentleman turned out to be perfectly nice, got the stuff transferred to his van and off we went. Sigh!

Fur babies are the best companions. I do miss having a dog. When I lost the last of my dogs, I had to look after my dad so no new dog. Now I have no backup person if I would be ill or something which has convinced me that although I would like a dog, it would not be a good situation for the pup. I enjoy watching other people walking their dogs, love photos of dogs and will pet any dog that the owner gives me license to cuddle.

So thank everyone for sharing stories and photos of your dogs.

Hugs. Must run along and pack up for the day.

Lin