Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,365 Member
    edited June 2019
    MFP is a disaster for me. The server to the community section would not connect me. Has to try to get in through a browser session. Got here but the home page is not working. Food entries are bizarre, my Fitbit will not communicate with the site no matter what. If you do not see me here it is because zi cannot get here. A real possibility.

Hugs my friends. <3

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Oh Lin, we mustn't lose you!! I'm regularly being sent to page 1 of our Sneakers which can be interesting!
    I meant to say to Buzz yesterday how relieved for you I am that your DD is beginning to deal with her situation in a calm and constructive way. Her choices are understandable even if heartbreaking. 💔

Back a bit later hopefully!
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Thursday! :) Meeting today and another beautiful day. My eyes are getting better and the swelling is going down a little so everyone at bingo thought it was allergies. I did go to the pool yesterday and floated so I didn't put my head in the water. I hope to get to pool tomorrow so I have a little tan for the wedding Saturday.
    I am so frustrated with my weight even though it is my own fault. I just have been cheating so much lately and not riding my bike at all. Could you push me to get moving?????

Lin, sorry you are having problems with this site. Did you clear all your cookies and browser history?

Jackie, are you starting to feel more like yourself now?

Buzz, I agree with Jackie about your daughter. Just be there for her.

Good Morning to everyone else and have a wonderful day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Sandydur
    Here is one issue on fitbit:
    Fitbit Sync Issues
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 5:05pm PST

Our apologies for any issues with your connected Fitbit account. Monday at around 11:45am we noticed an issue with our Fitbit service causing a backlog which would affect the data syncing between the two programs. Since then the service has fluctuated between starting to recover, and then starting to fail.

Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically. We are working on resolving this for all members.

We currently have a large backlog of Fitbit sync requests that are trying to process. During this time, please do not relink your accounts, as this will further increase the backlog of sync requests.

Some members who have unlinked are having trouble and receiving an error when attempting to reconnect Fitbit to their MyFitnessPal account. If you are experiencing this, please wait until this Fitbit issue is resolved, and try to link your Fitbit account to your MyFitnessPal account then.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates. ​Thank you for your patience while we work on getting things back in order.

All the best,
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • Sandydur
    I have emailed MFP to ask what the problems are and will let you know when I get an answer.
  • Sandydur
    * Please note we’re currently experiencing some issues with Fitbit, excess diary entries, and general sync. We'll post updates here for Fitbit: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2976520-fitbit-sync-issues and here: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2976682-program-wide-issues-duplicates-in-diary-server-error-data-sync-unable-to-log **
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    SANDY dear, I'll push you as soon as I get myself started, lol!
    And JACKIE, yes, it really is not MY life to choose. I have pretty much come to terms that her life will her choice and I will support that choice.
    LIN... Oh No! They cannot do that to you! We would be too bereft!
    WAell, I have spent all day with Apple setting up my phone somewhat. And then I tried to get back my gmail account but they only want to recognize my no longer used Android phone, and also made me take a new ID since they never eliminated my ID, only my account! Why do I continue to think these techies are so smart when they goof up so much???
    It's 3:01 and I'm starving since Apple called and awakened me at 9:15AM. Here I come, breakfast!
    <3 Buzz
    ..........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!.............................
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    MFP community was down for me up until just now. Couldn't connect to server.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    If your email program allows, please type your reply at the top of the email to expedite our response. (Some systems do not permit a reply at the top of the email; never fear, we'll find your response and get back to you!)
    Judy wrote:
    JUN 06, 2019 | 11:33AM PDT
    Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for bringing this to our attention. We are aware some users were experiencing server errors and/or sync issues with the app and website. Issues may include data not syncing, inability to access recipes and duplicate entries logged. Our team is investigating these on our end and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. If you are still getting a sync error, please try force quitting the app and then go back into it to see if that helps. If not, some users have had success using our website at www.myfitnesspal.com but errors could also occur there.

We will post updates regarding these issues here: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2976682-program-wide-issues-duplicates-in-diary-server-error-data-sync-unable-to-log

Again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We do hope the Senior Golden Sneakers are otherwise enjoying the program. We wish you all nothing but success in reaching and maintaining all of your health and fitness goals.

Warm Regards,

Judy
    MyFitnessPal Staff

​​ New to MyFitnessPal? You can quickly find answers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking here.

Using one of our mobile apps? Frequently Asked Questions -- and in some cases Tutorial Videos! -- are found on the "Help" page of the Android and iPhone apps and the "More" page of our other apps.

Find us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/myfitnesspal

Follow us on Twitter:
    @myfitnesspal for news and announcements
    @MFP_Ops for updates on website or app issues, and their resolution
    Sandydur wrote:
    JUN 06, 2019 | 08:52AM PDT
    Original message
    Many members of our group....Senior Golden Sneakers are having problems with your site. No home, page, can't enter diary and can't get on our group page to name a few. Some feel you are trying to get rid of the members who do not pay for premium. Could this be true?
    67098d03d5ddfbccdbbd95bc57901b5a4eefa55e-1416029451
  • Sandydur
    Sorry for long posts but I am not home and just copied the emails they sent me.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,365 Member
    Thanks Sandy. I can get to more things using my phone. iPad nope. I appreciate all your help.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    Yes, nice to know it wasn't me. Thank Sandy, and thanks MFP for not ditching us Seniors. I for one was beginning to wonder.
    Cheers everybody,
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Nearly midnight so must get some sleep. Another cool day even in the sunshine and now a nasty storm on its way. I did manage to take George for my short walk along the track towards the road but because Brady also danced along with us I turned at the end and came home because I didn't want to risk him getting run over. My new hip, or at least muscles in the area, continue to feel uncomfortable all the way down my leg but I can see small improvements so will remain patient. Moving D Day commemorations have continued to play out on tv and brought home just what an amazingly brave effort was made by so many young men when they landed in France.

Sandy, if I had a magic answer to how do I take control of my over eating I would certainly share it but unfortunately I like food too much!! 😋 At least we get to ride this roller coaster together!!

Yawning as midnight arrives so off to bed.
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Sandy: Oh so happy you got our forum fixed. Here is the funny thing...every morning, over coffee, John asks, “So, what’s new with the sneakers?” I told him I was having trouble getting the connection. He said, “well you know you better get that attended to because, I think you would really miss not being able to let them in on your day.” I don’t do anything exciting or dramatic in any way but I love being able to share my day with you all.” Thanks again, Sandy.

Still very chilly. Such odd weather. I have curtailed my garden plans. The weather is so uncooperative I think I have missed the planting deadlines. There is a house with the most beautiful tree in the front yard. The owner said she didn’t know exactly what it was but a friend of hers said it was called Chain of gold tree. I think I will try to hunt one down to plant. I want to put Mazzie and MoMo’s ashes under a new little tree. Our vet suggested that. He also had an affection for these two little old granny dogs.. they were over 13 years old and he took care of them right from the start.

We are still so old fashioned, we use a flip cell phone. I rarely use it except as a safety measure when we are out. We are stuck in the 60s. I was devastated to hear one of my favorite blues/jazz New Orleans musician died. Dr. John . RIP a marvelous Musician.
    Patsy
  • pinkperil
    Winter clothes this morning as the rain pours and temperature barely into double centigrade figures. A rare treat at the French open about to start and that's a British woman playing in a semi final. A brew of coffee on the go then feet up so I can cheer in comfort. George and Betty snoozing in their beds but I've promised them walks will begin in earnest next week. Back later.

Happy Friday.
    😍Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    edited June 2019
    Hello everybody, the temperature IS weird this year and for everyone it seems. We reach 80F this afternoon after days of the heating coming on, and then by Monday we are down to 60F again.
    Never mind, the potatoes are showing green leaves and despite the foxes we have bunnies springing up like weeds everywhere. Jilly loves watching them.

I don't think we will see much of Michael as he's working again today. He's off to Buffalo on Saturday with his friend. I went to Buffalo a few times in the past and I don't think he realizes he is in for a long day, what with distance and custom officers on both sides who seem to be much more diligent in these days of illegal border crossings. He is saying he will show on Sunday for his weekly dose of the Bean, but I suspect he will be a late riser.

You're not alone PATSY in being stuck in the sixties. I only have a land line. The sons are trying to drag me into the here and now with a cell phone seeing I have a tendency for my nose to meet the sidewalk now and again when the ancient knee gives way unexpectedly. They seem awfully complicated and expensive to me. I have enough problems coping with this iPad.

I thought Barry would be erecting my new deck and steps by now, but no. Mark thinks his quote is too expensive and is considering doing the job himself if his back continues to improve. But what if you dismantle the old deck and your back gives way at that point and I have a 5ft drop outside my front door all winter say I. I've offered to pay but meanwhile we all wait for Mark and Mary Jos decision and I might lose my winter snow remover if he loses a job!!!!!!! I do have a little invested in this house but it's a three way street so I always lose out on votes. Ah well, at least it all makes life interesting if a little uncomfortable at times. Barry lives across from me and I like the neighbours decks he's constructed. Just another hiccup.

So, must shower and wash my hair and bid thee all fare-thee-well.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Friday! :) Pool day for me although if I keep adding weight I soon won't want to go to the pool. I gained another pound and I am not happy. Starting Monday I am getting serious and going to watch what I eat and ride my bike. I need to lose 7 pounds that I have gained and although sometimes I say I am 77 so who cares, I really do care.
    I am taking the pills from my eye doctor in hopes my puffy eyes will go away by tomorrow for the wedding. I also have eye drops to be put in four times a day. He said I should be fine for the wedding so let's hope he is right.

Anne, good luck with the deck, it would be better if Barry could do it, maybe he will come down in his bid if you ask him.

Jackie, sorry about your chilly weather, we finally have a few nice days but who knows for how long? Ewok did fine with his neutering, so far he has not calmed down. lol

Patsy, all I really did was email MFP but I am glad it is working for everyone again. After ten years of being on here it would seem so sad to have it end.

Lin, were you able to sync fitbit with MFP? If you sign out of MFP and sign back in, it might sync. Or reset your fitbit to sync with MFP. I occasionally have the same problem.

Buzz, it seems like a never ending problem with losing weight but at least we are aware of it.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    I have been waiting ti shower, too, but a loud thunder storm is keeping me from attempting being in water! SANDY, your genius is keeping us together, and we love you all the more for it! PATSY, I feel as you do, though not about being back in another age! I love the new (second-hand) iPhone my son in law gave me and APPLE was incredible helping me set it up and to heck with the added expense of using it. I got a gorgeous new wallet cover in PINK and feel so current tucking it in my handbag. Now, if I ever turn it on, I may enjoy it even more, eh?
    The weight problem? How will I solve it when our Bistro (also very up to date now) started serving hot pastrami sandwiches and delicious liverwurst once a week? At my age, should it really matter? (I think I know the answer, but can't control it as I should!)
    Rain sounds like it stopped and I have an anniversary party I'm attending to at dinner, so have a super evening all...I'm sending hugs to you all!
    <3 Buzz
    ..........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!............................
  • delraybuzz
    I’m just trying out my new phone and wonder if I’ll ever get used to the keyboard. Our dinner was lovely and my linguine with clam sauce was fabulous! I learned how to use the camera and did some editing but don’t know how to send yet. Besides, they'd just be a boring bunch of gray haired people!
    I may actually get some sleep tonight !
    ❤️ Buzz
    ....,,,,,,Always believe something wonderful is about to happen!...........
  • delraybuzz
    I think I may learn to love this iPhone!!!!!
    😁 ❤️ Buzz