Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    NO,NO,NO! I'll have to try something else as I keep getting the one I didn't want to repeat!

mzh4mw707pll.jpg
    Through the window
    p3vavkt3eu8t.jpg
    Another view of the garden
    k12umz56oyvy.jpg
    Another repeat?
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Buzz: what a wonderful memorial garden. I can imagine you sitting there remembering happy times, serious times, funny times with your Mike. There is something special about the power of plants and water.
    Patsy
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    I so agree with PATSY. A lovely place to sit quietly and remember your Mike with love, BUZZ.
    Anne. ♥️
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,366 Member
    Very peaceful Buzz. Lovely spot ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • linder4866
    edited August 2019
    Good morning. Off to mail property taxes. Library drop off and several other quick errands. Have been working on the birthday card I need for tomorrow. Nothing like the last minute. Haaaa.

Best wishes for health and happiness.

Hugs my friends.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,274 Member
    Happy Wednesday! :) Bingo night. After a day with the kiddos it is always good to be with adults the next day. lol

Buzz, love the garden and the stone, what a wonderful way to remember Mike. I can see how you love to just sit and talk to Mike for some peace.

Nothing exciting to write about so have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    Hello everyone! Hot! Hot! Hot! Yet again. Come on autumn weather. A little bit of rain might be nice at this point.

I am getting ready for our Labor Day visitor from South America. Our son ‘s sailing friend will be visiting Oregon for a month. I hope the sailing is good for that month. However his boat is docked in a slip on the Willamette River. The river is very low at this point and he has to be very careful to remain in the deepest channels. His boat has a 6 foot keel he has to negotiate around sand bars in the river. This will be an interesting visitor. She doesn’t speak one word of English and we don’t speak Spanish. Our son will have to serve as translator.

The squirrels are making nests in places I don’t like...in our car engines, in the fire wood piles, in the garden shed, eating our electric wiring. All those folk remedies that say peppermint oil, Irish spring soap, etc...total BUNK! I hate to even say it but the “have a heart traps” better work or more devastating options are possible. Seriously! The little green garden snakes are making homes under the concrete walkway along the garage. We like the little snakes but they are causing the walkway to sink. Good grief! The wildlife is getting totally out of control.
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    I discovered while talking with Mike's DD that I have over 12000 messages in my Iphone Mail and deleting them will take forever , so if anyone knows how to get rid of all those messages in the phone without losing mail in computer, I'll be forever grateful! I assume it happened when I was importing email! Now it's eating up my battery ! These Smartphones make me feel so DUMB!
    I heard we are expecting a category 3 hurricane Sunday, which means no clambake Labor Day; not as if I need it! But I'd better get some unrefrigerated staples , just in case! I fell asleep as soon as I sat down tonight, so I've nothing interesting to report.
    I'm glad you liked the "Brick Garden" .
    PATSY, how would you like an invasion of iguanas?
    I think I'll say goodnight while I can!!!
    <3 Buzz
    ....................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!............................
  • Gawanne35
    Mmm. Not only are the squirrels building nests here PATSY but the raccoons and skunks are eying our attics interestedly. We don't have iguanas or alligators YET, but who knows with climate change and Lake Ontario warming up. The Lyme disease ticks have already moved up from Vermont etc.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Good morning.

Buzz, I heard the storm could hit about anywhere on Florida’s East coast as the track is so unpredictable. So please stock up and take care. Do all of your apartments have hurricane shutters? I don’t know about the mail issue. Apparently your mail accounts are not synced with your iPhone. Otherwise how could you have so many messages on your phone. I am not an expert....I have the same set of messages on each mail account on all of my devices. In other words, someone smarter than this gal needs to step in with advice.

Anne, squirrels are acting aggressive here, chipmunks are thick this year and raising havoc on gardens.

A storm is rolling in and it is becoming dark as night. Going to disappear now. If it is fit weather later, I plan to see the former library ladies.

Take care everyone.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    Well, the previous doctor insists she only saw me ONCE. Despite seeing me, sending me off for tests and then, on a second visit prescribing "the drug". They have lost my records despite me being with a very nice doctor for a number of years previous to this one who was newly out of college at the time.

She suggests I go back to the pharmacy, who of course lost all THEIR records of patients when their computer went down.

So I guess it's back to square one with the New Zealand doc and trial and error. I have noted PATSY and BUZZES BP drugs to show him.

Of course at this point I feel like telling them all to go to Hades. Well not the new doc, he's doing his best for me. When it comes to medics over here, to quote an old song, "if it wasnt for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" as she surveys her deformed right wrist!

Anne, pressing on.

• Sandydur
    Happy Thursday! :) Meeting today and a big win at bingo again! $560!!!! Woot Hoot!!

Buzz, I tried to research on google but I need to know what kind of IPhone you have. When I read an email on my IPhone XR it deletes from my computer. If I read it on my computer it deletes from my IPhone. They have different explanations on google if you want to check. What mail server do you use? I use gmail.

Lin, we are also supposed to have storms today but I hope they wait until I get home from my meeting.

Anne and Patsy, yikes such bothersome critters, I hope they stay out of Ewok's yard or they will be sorry.

I have to get moving, have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Gawanne35
    Wonders ! The old doctors office has found my medical record file. Great news but I'm to be charged $40 for it to be sent on to my new Doctors. All that fuss about me never being there! My memory ain't that bad.
    Making bread. I needed something to work off the steam!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited August 2019
    Hope your bread is not beaten to death Anne. Very frustrating situation and the charge is not good but at least the records are found. I have been threatened with fees in the past when my dad was changing doctors. Time and copying charges etc. Just glad you will be done with them and dishy doc can now work with you without flying blind (so to speak).

We (former library ladies) had a lovely chatting time this morning. Very enjoyable. I am to meet a lady later on, says she wants a purse I have listed. We will see. We will see.

Getting a haircut tomorrow morning. Hope to get to Trader Joe’s before the trim. Not looking forward to the continual half nasty conversation of this guy. He can cut my hair, he doesn’t charge too much. Must breathe deeply and blow off the irritation.

Oh and Sandy, wow, another big win!!! Astounding.

Back to my tiny chores.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Another post lost! I'm still working on eliminating 15,000 emails (the number wet up as I was deleting hem!) No wonder my cell battery needs recharging so quickly!
    SANDY, I tried everything on Google, but the Dell tech tells me to call Comcast, my server. Here we go again.
    The thunder keeps rumbling and reminding us a hurricane is threatening! The low air pressure is doing a number on my joints and muscles ! And we heard the Clambake may have to be postponed. I hope it turns and just goes north in the Atlantic!
    Keep your posts coming! They are so entertaining and warm and wonderful and right now I'm an old grump! I hate cell phones!!!!!
    <3 Buzz
    ....................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!............................

• Sandydur
    Buzz, if you open the inbox on your email on your phone you can hit edit and then hit delete all. Might delete them from your computer as well it depends how you set up your email on the phone. It would probably be best to call the Apple store for help or go in with your phone in person.
  • jwubben6600
    Buzz: just heard on the news that things are getting very dicey concerning that weather coming your way. We have suffered only a cat.1 and many severe winter wind storms. That said, I guess it doesn’t need repeating but here goes....DO EVERYTHING to stay safe. Fill bathtub with water for an extra supply. Fill pots and pans and plastic containers with water for extra supply. Meds! Evacuate if you could. Visit your family elsewhere. Seriously! These storms are so scary. I know you have been through them before and know more than I do about them. Energy bars and a radio! Okay! I’ll stop raving but in truth, we all worry about each other. Including Anne as she hunts for the right BP med and Lin for pain relief for her ankle and Jackie and her hip replacements and Sandy for her foot fracture.
    Stay safe! Keep your head above water.
    Patsy
  • Gawanne35
    And so say all of us !!! Thinking of you BUZZ and keeping an eye on the weather channel.

Meanwhile back here I've calmed down, well I wasn't THAT uncalm, but you've no idea how frustrating it is to see your new doctor peering at his computer saying "they say you've never been their patient". Then me to phone them three times and have them say "we've never had you as a patient". Finally a phone call yesterday from a man saying they've found the records and are sending them to the new doctor! Talk about "let's hope she (me) goes away." I tell you if I hadn't high blood pressure before I would have now!

The good news is, the bread turned out great!

So now, apart from me having to cough up $40 for the med records our big worry is BUZZ. These storms are getting fiercer.
    Sunny and 73 degrees here and it's grocery delivery day.
    Anne.
  • Gawanne35
    By the way, I'm getting normal readings on the BP home machine. Good job I didn't rely on it! The dishy doc wants me to take it on next appointment. I can't imagine his machine is faulty! Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited August 2019
    Maybe dishy doc is making your blood pressure high Anne . Just walking into the office makes me hit the roof. Best wishes my friend.

Buzz, I am following the weather quite closely now. Praying all will be well. Love you. ❤️❤️

I am off for a trip to Trader Joe’s, a free cup of coffee at Starbucks, a haircut, a stop at Whole Foods and maybe Penzey’s for some spices.

Meanwhile it just clouded over again. Watching Florida but not Iowa.

Hugs my friends.

Lin