Phase 2 strolling thread!

Options

Replies

• silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Finally got to the supermarket yesterday, so am now flush with veggies. Hooray! (If you'd told me years ago that this would ever have been my reaction, I would have thought you were nuts. Times change :D .)

Today's plan:

B: V8 juice, Bran Buds, skim milk, banana

L: spinach salad with hard boiled egg, sunflower seeds, radish, mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted peppers, Laughing Cow herb and garlic cheese, blueberries, cucumbers

Snacks: pear/skim mozzarella stick; plain yogurt/clementine

Dinner: mixed green salad, broiled salmon, mixed vegetables, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachio nuts
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Menu sounds good, ladies. Beautiful salad, silvergirl. I love when I have lunch at work and dump my salad into my bowl. It looks so beautiful and I know I am doing the very best for myself.

Will make five more on Sunday and change up the ingredients a bit. Great to see ideas here for just what I might pick up at the market.

Sabine, Ernestine loves Edamame too. Course she loves all her veggies...she is a South Beach Pup! B)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Menu sounds good, ladies. Beautiful salad, silvergirl. I love when I have lunch at work and dump my salad into my bowl. It looks so beautiful and I know I am doing the very best for myself.

Will make five more on Sunday and change up the ingredients a bit. Great to see ideas here for just what I might pick up at the market.

Sabine, Ernestine loves Edamame too. Course she loves all her veggies...she is a South Beach Pup! B)

Our dogs love all veg too! And tofu. I don't really get why they like tofu. When I eat it it has lots of flavor. They eat it plain!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today:
    Br: yogurt and peanut butter
    sn: string cheese
    lu: bean burrito with low carb wrap
    sn: coconut flakes and raw broccoli
    dinner: turkey kielbasa, sauerkraut and corn on the cob
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's Plan:

b: hb egg, almonds, string cheese, veggie juice

l: mason jar salad with avocado, Bolthouse dressing

s: veggie juice and hb egg

d: salmon, green beans, nectarine

d: yogurt bar with sliced almonds

s: pistachios

Lots and lots of repeats which is good for me...keeping it simple...lot less room for error...I do need to stop at Sprouts this weekend and get chicken. Like to buy bone in with skin and then remove skin before cooking. The chicken comes our better tasting when roasted with bone in.

Hope everyone has a good day. So happy it is Friday. B)
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Today's plan:

L: spinach salad with hard boiled egg, sunflower seeds, radish, mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted peppers, Laughing Cow herb and garlic cheese, blueberries, cucumbers, maybe some black beans

Snacks: pear/part skim mozzarella string cheese; plain yogurt/clementine

Dinner: mixed green salad, chicken lentil stew, cauliflower and snap peas, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachio nuts

I agree with you Magic, less room for error with repeats. How is Phase 1 with fruit going?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Mixing things up a bit today!
    Br: quest bar, V8
    lu: pinto bean, quinoa chicken chile concoction in a low carb wrap
    sn: raw broccoli
    di: not sure.
  • magic71755
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Gong great here! And weight is going in the right direction FINALLY!

Keep posting ladies. Huge help for all of us! <3
  • magic71755
    Options
    Have started thing how nice a 100 cal thin would be to make a grilled chicken burger. With lettuce tomato and onion.

Will use little for my bun :p

• magic71755
    edited August 2016
    Options

That was supposed to be I have started to think about a 100 calorie thin Orowheat bun for my chicken patty burger. However, I am going to stick with my lettuce bun and add tomato and onion, ketchup and may...delish.

Two more days for one week. Will see how I feel and try for a second. I have been having fruit, but not that much. I feel great ...and I am seeing progress.

Hope you guys are having a good day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Mixing things up a bit today!
    Br: quest bar, V8
    lu: pinto bean, quinoa chicken chile concoction in a low carb wrap
    sn: raw broccoli
    di: not sure.

Friday dinner: caesar salad with salmon, and chardonnay.
  • magic71755
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Saturday's Menu:

b: egg white om...1oz chicken apple sausage, 1 LC, Hatch green chili salsa, 4 oz egg whites...baked for three min in the mic...maybe 3 1/2 min. Delish.

s: veggie juice

l: don lee farms chicken patty burger with LTO, mayo and ketchup.

s: HB egg veggie juice

d: salmon, asparagus, cauliflower, haricot verts, watermelon

di: Julies strawberry yogurt bar with 15 grams almonds.

LATE NIGHT: 30 pistachios.

I started on Monday but tomorrow will be my official weigh in...easier to weigh on the weekend. Feeling strong. Will add ak maks on Monday for lunch. Taking a break from Mason Jar salads. Roast beef and swiss on ak mak with romaine and avocado. Veggies on the side with Bolthouse dip.

Just got back from Sprouts...bought four huge chicken breasts...this time, will freeze two. So nothing to throw away.

Have a great Saturday, y'all! B)
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Today's plan:

L: spinach salad with hard boiled egg, sunflower seeds, radish, mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted peppers, Laughing Cow herb and garlic cheese, blueberries, black beans, cucumbers

Snacks: pear/skim mozzarella stick; plain yogurt/clementine

Dinner: mixed green salad, pot roast with vegetables, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachio nuts

Magic--what's ak maks? Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow!

• magic71755
    Options
    AK MAKS:

http://www.akmakbakeries.com/wholeofthewheat.html

They have crunch and great flavor...I make little open faced sammies with them...perfect for light lunch so I am ready to finish the work day.

Your salad always sounds so good.

Pushing myself to get to my pedal pusher (recumbent bike)...lately I have been sleeping in the morning and not getting up in time to bike. It's ok in my book...but maybe if I bike these two days, I will be back in the swing on Monday.

I am adding things gradually. This week, the bike...then the pool...then the fitness chair. That's the plan. But you know how that goes.

The one thing I am very much in control of is my diet. I know what works and what doesn't.

I can now walk through the store and put a stamp on the fact that THAT DOES NOT WORK...I have no control over certain foods...so why torture myself. Just pass on them. Stick with the ones that I will NOT overeat.

Off to pedal. Enjoy your weekend, ladies! Thanks for the support.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Thanks for the info re AK MAKS. They don't have it in my current supermarket in NY, but I'm moving to GA at the end of next month, and I should be able to get it at Krogers or Publix there. I'll look for it then.
  • magic71755
    Options
    They are also good with a laughing cow squished between two. Add a cupcakes tea and your afternoon or bedtime snack is complete! B)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Love Ak Maks!!!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Love Ak Maks!!!

YumO...that was supposed to be a cuppa tea...not a cupcake. LOL.

• magic71755
    Options
    Weighed in...down 2.8 pounds. Yay.

b: same egg white om, V8

s: melon

l: chicken burger on Orowheat 100 cal...with LTO, light mayo 1T and ketchup

s: fruit and HB egg

d: baked chicken breast, cauliflower, carrots, haricot vert, 1/2 T butter, applesauce

d: Julie's strawberry yogurt bar, 15 grams almonds

Have a great day, ladies.

• silvergirl33
    Options
    Wow, Magic--impressive! Good work. How long are you planning to stay on modified Phase 1?

Today's plan:

L: spinach salad with hard boiled egg, sunflower seeds, radish, mushrooms, roasted peppers, Laughing Cow herb and garlic cheese, blueberries, cucumbers, black beans

Snacks: pear/part skim mozzarella string cheese; plain yogurt/clementine

Dinner: crudités, tuna salad, black beans, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachio nuts