Phase 2 strolling thread!

Options

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,807 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    GM...well, I am officially out of the old place...keys turned in and I am done done and done. Landlady sent me a great little note, saying she appreciated me taking care of the place like it was my own and it sparkled when I left. Except for the non refundable pet deposit of 175, I get my entire deposit back...truly needed to help pay for my pup's surgery.

Alrighty then, I stopped at Costco and with the exception of me not making my own green smoothies (using a premade one from Costco) for now, I am pretty much back to standard P2 fare.

Today's menu:

B: scrambled eggs, toast and butter, green smoothie
    S: yogurt and jam
    L: salmon, asparagus, apple
    S:
    Di: tomato soup, grilled Ezekiel cheese
    De: pistachios and tea

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Glad you're back to eating YOUR way.
    My plan for today:
    B:: green smoothie
    S:: hard boiled egg
    L:: big salad with chicken
    S:: apple and PB
    Di:: raw veg, cheese, nuts etc. (going to a small party)
    De:: chardonnay
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Big fat salad with salmon on the menu for tonight. YUM.
  • magic71755
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Today's Menu:

B: veggie burger lettuce wrap, green drink, coffee
    S: apple light baby bel
    L: tuna sammy on Ezekiel
    Di: tilapia over dark leafy greens
    De: pistachios, fudge bar, tea
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Today's Menu:

B: veggie burger lettuce wrap, green drink, coffee
    S: apple light baby bel
    L: tuna sammy on Ezekiel
    Di: tilapia over dark leafy greens
    De: pistachios, fudge bar, tea

Great plan!
    I don't have one today. But hubs made a few things while I was still sleeping. So I'll be okay. But have to go to the market!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Boy did I go grocery shopping! Making this for dinner: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2015/01/twice-baked-spaghetti-squash-with-kale.html
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited May 2015
    Options
    double post
  • magic71755
    Options
    Looks amazing...yum factor X 10 ! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Looks amazing...yum factor X 10 ! :)

In the end, we didn't have it, yet. We got home from the home repair store starving and just cut up some chicken breast and steamed some veg. Tonight!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Oh goody...looking forward to reviews.

Today's Menu:

B: egg, toast, butter, coffee
    S: green smoothie
    L: basil tilapia...(Highliner, Costco) over bed of dark leafy greens, baby carrots
    S:
    Di: grilled salmon, asparagus, dark leafy greens salad, Newman's Own Light Italian
    De: tea, fudge bar

Weigh in today...no change. SW 157 CW 145 GW 130
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today:
    B: Green smoothie
    S: hard boiled egg, chicken breast
    L: chicken caesar salad
    Di: the double baked spaghetti squash with kale and feta linked above
    De: tea, and something
  • grammyhoyt
    grammyhoyt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Flax pancakes for bfast
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    grammyhoyt wrote: »
    Flax pancakes for bfast

I've never tried those. Are they good?
    I made http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2013/01/broccoli-ham-mozzarella-egg-bake.html
    for this week's breakfasts. Hubs says it's yummy with a little salsa.
  • magic71755
    Options
    today's menu:

B: HB egg, V8, toast and butter, coffee
    L: Amy's light and lean lasagna
    S: Green smoothie
    S: steamed edamame
    Di: grilled salmon and asparagus, salad with Newman's Own Light Eye Talian
    De: tea and popcorn...not packaged...make it in the microwave in a brown bag
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    B: baked egg, broccoli, ham, cheese casserole
    S: nuts
    L: baked squash, cheese, kale casserole
    S: roasted peas
    Di: big fat salad with salmon
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So I'm on phase 2 now, and it's been and will still be an awful week of a lot of eating out! My first day of phase 2, went out with hubby and had way more calories than usual, kept to low carb at least, and day after weighed only .4 more than the day before. Ate lunch out yesterday, and will be doing birthday lunches with friends both tomorrow and Thursday! Sometimes a week like this just happens and I find if I order salads with protein my weight at least stays stable. I lost 3.8 lbs. over the 2 weeks of phase one and that's huge for me, I lose very slowly and I'm sure that's what it will be from now on. I'd like to lose about 6 more lbs. and I know that will take me at least 4 months, lol.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited May 2015
    Options
    sweetd6 wrote: »
    So I'm on phase 2 now, and it's been and will still be an awful week of a lot of eating out! My first day of phase 2, went out with hubby and had way more calories than usual, kept to low carb at least, and day after weighed only .4 more than the day before. Ate lunch out yesterday, and will be doing birthday lunches with friends both tomorrow and Thursday! Sometimes a week like this just happens and I find if I order salads with protein my weight at least stays stable. I lost 3.8 lbs. over the 2 weeks of phase one and that's huge for me, I lose very slowly and I'm sure that's what it will be from now on. I'd like to lose about 6 more lbs. and I know that will take me at least 4 months, lol.

I think that's the key: when you eat out, eat low carb! Avoid grains and sauces as much as you can in restaurants. Save those for home, when you know what's in them.
    I tend to eat salads with protein or chicken/steak/fish with veg when we eat out (or try to at least, I'm in maintenance, so it's a bit different).
    Congrats on the almost 4 pound loss! That's great!
    I've gone back to a phase 1.5 while in the throes of menopause (yes, maintaining in phase 1.5 lol). Hubs, dear, dear, hubs is doing it with me for the time being.
  • sweetd6
    Options
    LOL @ "phase 1.5". Is that, like, phase one with very limited servings of fruit/wholegrains? Honestly, that's how I should eat all the time, when the carbs get away from me I do a slow gain no matter how low the calories are. I can actually eat a lot of calories in maintenance if my extra calories are nuts, avocados, nut butters, etc. and not crackers, bread and/or high sugar treats. Luckily a tablespoon of almond butter is as satisfying to me as chocolate cake, and doesn't make me crave more sweets.
  • sweetd6
    Options
    Which brings up another topic - the main message boards, they are ALL about CICO (calories in/calories out) and how anything else is total nonsense and a myth. Hoards will attack anyone who suggests that keeping their carbs down helps them lose weight better; they constantly claim if you eat 1200 cals. a day in ice cream you will lose the same as eating 1200 cals. in healthy lean proteins, fruits and veggies and whole grains in moderation. I find THAT total nonsense but don't want to be attacked, so I don't jump into those conversations. And I do lose better, have less cravings and feel so much better when I am keeping my carbs down (not missing, just down).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    sweetd6 wrote: »
    LOL @ "phase 1.5". Is that, like, phase one with very limited servings of fruit/wholegrains? Honestly, that's how I should eat all the time, when the carbs get away from me I do a slow gain no matter how low the calories are. I can actually eat a lot of calories in maintenance if my extra calories are nuts, avocados, nut butters, etc. and not crackers, bread and/or high sugar treats. Luckily a tablespoon of almond butter is as satisfying to me as chocolate cake, and doesn't make me crave more sweets.

That's exactly it. Some fruit. And maybe one grain a day. These days it's the only way I maintain! I'm hoping once my hormones settle a bit... we'll see!